As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Orran's burst is fun. I just need to strike a balance between having him do bard stuff and having him spam that powerchain heal. Maybe if I team him up with Elarra and have her do Bard stuff in between USBs...

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Just another Thunder God here, nothing to see.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Would you believe I equipped him with Gathering Storm without noticing how that would be funny?

He uses it so well, is the thing.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Cleaned out the BFC of useful stuff. Only had to clear the final two bosses twice extra. Then polished off the Realm Dungeon update, and channeled two stamina refreshes into orbs.

That's about my tolerance for difficulty right now. It still took an afternoon to do all that.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Wait I just noticed Delita's AOSB and USB names....are all his SBs based on FFT Chapter names?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Well, not all of them. Crush Armor, Counter Tackle, and Northswain’s Strike are just moves. King Apparent and Hero-King are descriptions of Delita. Recent moves seem to follow that theme.

edited September 2019
    Man going for The Valiant and Somebody to Love well...probably missed out on a cool Awakening name. I don't think The Meager or The Manipulator and The Subservient work lol

edit: oh! his Glint is Requiem for the Meager so...I guess that only leaves Chapter 2?

edit2: man I want to make Delita work but seeing how much motes he takes (Knight and Spellblade!!!). DeNA gimme job motes!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    If it helps, Delita isn’t really Knight focused. He can do it, and his soul breaks do often contain Holy, but his legend Dive gives him dualcast Spellblade, so that’s probably the way to go with him.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Oh wow, JP players are getting a mountain of mythril and free draw tickets, proportional to the number of days they have logged in, for fifth anniversary. Day 1 players are actually getting a pretty good payout, makes up a little for all those 0/11 draws. Scaling rewards for everyone though, whenever they started.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/d2lob0/jp_veterans_pension_fund_rewards/

IIRC, I started just before first anniversary, so if global gets the same rewards, I would end up getting something like 90 mythril and eight free 11x draws.

Fry on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Finally I have a reply when my wife asks me why I play a game that plays itself most of the time.

"Well at least FFRK gives me a pension."

Then I quickly change the subject and/or knock over a chair and flee the room.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    According to Google Play achievements, I started 4/29/2016. Which would put me AFTER first anniversary. Huh. I always thought I was before?

....I definitely remember playing when Shout and BSB were released, which according to the timeline last year BSBs were within the first year, so....?

Well, regardless, I should hit the 90 mythril tier, although I'm not sure how many tickets I'll get.

e: First event I explicitly remember was October 2015, so that'll probably be it. I'm probably 1500 days tier, MAYBE 1600 days.

Jragghen on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think my first event was Auron Rikku? Events were what like 13 normal and 13 elite dungeons back then?

38thDoE on steam

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    I think my first event was Auron Rikku? Events were what like 13 normal and 13 elite dungeons back then?

That'd be January 2–12, 2016, which I think puts you in the upper 1400s by the time the event rolls around.

When did dog surfboard come out? Maybe I’m remembering the wrong event. I had some mythril to blow on the dog surfboard fest. That was right before the first ultimate I think? I got Lenna Medica there too. My first five star was a water resist no SB armor from X, my first SB item was defender IX. Oh but I have the pumpkin and witch hat so I must have been there for October.

38thDoE on steam

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Played since the first week, but not the first day. I cleared the very first event, Tifa/Sephiroth, barely in time, because I had to level up mages and farm orbs for Thunder/Thundara for the multiple ranged only bosses at the end of the event.

Sadly my first week account was lost and I had to start over when I moved to Android.

Holy shit I was looking through some old photos. Man I remember being so happy with this pull back in the day (when it was brand new!)
    8vrgpp3tlzlq.png

Orran’s been fun to play around with, but I do seriously need to boost his HP. Right now his defenses are so bad that to call them paper-like would be an insult to the Durai Papers.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Daily hit of a Decil glint dupe.

So I'm two in a row for Daily dupes, combined with two in a row of LoTR dupes. Not the best way to start the week, but at least I'm getting rainbow crystal fodder?

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Challenge_Event/List_of_single-track_events

I started at the start of October according to this. It was Auron+Kimhari. Then it was Vayne and Ashe. I remember I had to use Ashe as my white mage for months.

38thDoE on steam

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Challenge_Event/List_of_single-track_events

I started at the start of October according to this. It was Auron+Kimhari. Then it was Vayne and Ashe. I remember I had to use Ashe as my white mage for months.

oh! Looking at this list (and my stack of pictures) I must've quit around August 2015 and then came back by oh...Ultras were a thing back then. It must've been maybe 2017-2018?

Looking into some upcoming abilities (and updating my crystal desires, which is KILLING me because I've updated all black magic to R5 because awakenings (not that I have a magic one) and OH LORD I NEED BLACK CRYSTALS)....ANYWAY.

Rousing Stance: +50% ATK/DEF self 5s, HP stock 2k, Monk High QC1.

..is this even USEFUL? It's basically a "self 2k stock, make your next attack hit harder and faster." Maybe as a lead-in for a monk-typed SB cast? But why use an ability slot for that?

Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Looking into some upcoming abilities (and updating my crystal desires, which is KILLING me because I've updated all black magic to R5 because awakenings (not that I have a magic one) and OH LORD I NEED BLACK CRYSTALS)....ANYWAY.

Rousing Stance: +50% ATK/DEF self 5s, HP stock 2k, Monk High QC1.

..is this even USEFUL? It's basically a "self 2k stock, make your next attack hit harder and faster." Maybe as a lead-in for a monk-typed SB cast? But why use an ability slot for that?

I think they made it go with Tifa's Synchro.

Yeah, the only way I can see Rousing Stance being useful is if you want to spend a turn on Tifa's Synchro-Defend command to power up. You can only have one Earth Ironfist and that's going to be paired with her Synchro-Attack, and the next best earth monk attack (Earthen Rebuke) is a fair bit worse than Earth Ironfist.

Another ability question: How many chain *ga abilities do you guys have?

Now that we're at the point where we have one 6* for each element and one 6* which covers the element with a multi-element one, having two *gas seems overkill. Kinda considering going on a shattering spree.

edited September 2019
    I have one to two of all of them although I only have lightning ja

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

Also, what are the lucky draws this fest?

edited September 2019
    Also, what are the lucky draws this fest?

I think it's Physical USB, Magical USB and AOSB.

edit: I'm actually thinking that maybe pulling on lucky AOSB might not be a bad idea. Then again I could go 1/11 for a character I have nothing on.

lionheart_m on
    edited September 2019
    25 mythril just seems like a lot at this point for no shots at an AASB or chain. I was going to pull because an Arcane would help against Odin, but it would have to be from a very small set of characters and I think its just too risky. Especially when there are 11 draws at 15 mythril. I think realm draws should refresh right after the fest?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

Another ability question: How many chain *ga abilities do you guys have?

Now that we're at the point where we have one 6* for each element and one 6* which covers the element with a multi-element one, having two *gas seems overkill. Kinda considering going on a shattering spree.

I think two gas is reasonable, sometimes you have four DPS, sometimes it's an Odin with more Skill Slash than others. More than two is starting to look a bit suspect, though.

Prompto LMR dupe/3
    I have 4 items from this realm. I have dupes of all of them somehow.

38thDoE on steam

Dupe Prompto BSB.

GOIN FOR THE CHAINS

2/11 both discoes
    Steiner Realm Chain
    Ramza Holy Chain

Lightning remains gen0 only. Holy I've graduated from gen1 to gen2, which I'm PERFECTLY FINE with. Steiner still sucks but a 30/30/haste realm chain for IX works well because my strong characters are kinda split between physical and magical, to be fair.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    XV: Aranea LMR dupe

3 for 3 on dupes, yea baby!

:(

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yesterday's Tactics pull - dupe Mustadio LMR. Feh.

XV - Aranea USB. That's a lot better than I expected from this dead-end realm.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    my 3rd dupe prompto usb.

i now have more copies of prompto usb and noctis osb than i have soul breaks in 15.

ugh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I know this is a small relic pool but this is the third time I’ve drawn Gladio OSB on the parade.

Dupe noctis Burst. Ah well.

I think I actually would’ve been disappointed if I’d got Ignis’s Burst so soon after trying Orran. Wouldn’t have been enough to stop me using it, but

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I have nearly everything from XV...

1/3, Gladiolus LMR (w-cast Knight)! Not a dupe! I'll take it!

edited September 2019
    Turns out, Deuce with Gathering Storm, Curada, legend dive, and SSB is enough healing for the Type 0 Torment if you're on a sub 30 pace. Blinking Ultimas is Real Good.

Edit: oh jeez, I just realized I never bothered getting Queen into trance mode, that probably would have helped.

Fry on
    edited September 2019
    *shakes fist at XV Incubus Roar*

Jragghen on