As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    EX+ weapons (Chaos difficulty) era is still something like 3-4 months away (first one should be between the Sherlotta and Garland events)

Fry on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Rius wrote: »
    Grinding Shiva was pretty exhausting. There'll eventually be the option to grind the fight with one party and accrue board points you can allocate on anyone's board, which, hey, I'll take that as soon as possible please

Oh god yes anything to keep Quistis in these parties, fuck you, no turns for you.

Also, WOO for auto-artifact enhancement.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Keep in mind for tonight that only half of the awakening wave is actually getting reworks to make them relevant. For this first wave, it's Warrior of Light, Shantotto and Laguna, with Laguna getting a brand new EX to go with it. Cater, Sazh and Yda are sadly only getting the new stuff without any changes to their earlier awakening passives or base abilities.

Cater should technically also be getting new artifact passives like Vivi and Serah got about a month ago, but I would ignore farming for them unless you're a huge fan of Cater. Those alone are not going to be enough to turn around her fate of being forever-bad.

Xerink on
    PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Did the last Strata 9 with Rinoa, Lightning, and Y'shtola. Had to reset some stages a few time before I finally got it.....but short 3000 points on score, dangit! So close.

Redid stage with the Zack/Serah/Vayne pain train and easily hit 340k. Haha.

Excited for WoL! Also Laguna I suppose, since I have all of his other stuff? Guess I should try a little for his EX.

"I have the non-EX stuff for this character" is not a selling point for me personally; I assume I will draw all the non-EX stuff in multiples on my way to getting an EX

Tickets to the gun show (Laguna/Sazh/Cater)
    Took 235 to get there, but the machine gun is mine! Also,

7 Laguna 35
    2 Laguna 15
    4 Cater 35
    7 Cater 15
    1 Sazh 35
    4 Sazh 15
    And an off banner Yda 15 for good measure.

I know a big part of it is having synergy, but WoL is amazing now I love it.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Got Laguna EX, WoL is an absolute beast now and will remain so for a good 6 months before Zack starts edging him out

I broke the level cap on all 6 characters from the awakening wave, but I am only investing further in WoL for now since I have his EX weapon and need to save resources if I want to make an earnest shot at getting Alisaie's EX in a few days.

I had enough of Shantotto and Laguna's kits to give their reworks a shot last night though, and both of them are pretty nice. Shantotto hits really hard now, but you'll need to keep an eye on her Rage mode and make sure you refresh it appropriately before it falls off. This is especially true if she's with a tank like WoL because he will take all of the hits.

Yeah, I have been decently impressed with 'totto in multiplayer. WoL is obviously nuts. Laguna is decent with EX, though he kind of wants to be hanging out with a battery (like WoL, hint hint).

Seems like almost nobody is in the 100 co-op, I had to solo it to get it cleared. Guess everybody is in the Cosmos co-op for the massive windfall of Eidojas (seriously, they rain from the sky)

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Holy cow, Fry, you weren't kidding. They do rain from the sky!

Yeah, I've always kinda liked Shantotto (never played FF11, but I do play a Lalafell in FF14, so maybe thats the connection?), and she hits like an absolute truck in the raid. Though a couple times now, I've let the rage debuff fall off and that was embarrassing. :( I dunno how awesome she'll be after she's not buffed (and not fighting a boss that is weak to her two elements), but I'm hopeful.

So, whats the lowdown on bloom stones? Are they worth saving up for especially useful ones? Or are they going to come at a decent enough clip (like armor tokens) that as long as you're not spending them all willy-nilly you'll be ok?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    edited August 2019
    So, whats the lowdown on bloom stones? Are they worth saving up for especially useful ones? Or are they going to come at a decent enough clip (like armor tokens) that as long as you're not spending them all willy-nilly you'll be ok?

Word on the street is, aside from the three available from this raid, they're going to be fairly scarce for a while, so you may want to hang on to them. Particularly since this first wave's c65 abilities are not great. Eventually JP version added bloom stones to the chocobo boards, enough for two per month, so that's probably the point where you can start being a little more liberal with them.

Fry on
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    This will teach me not to have any of those 6 characters except WoL maxed out. Although even at lvl 62/gem level 65 he still just shits all over the raid boss.

Got Laguna's EX from pulls, so we'll see what I can do to get him up from...lvl 15/gem 35? D'oh...

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Is anyone else having a problem with the game closing after loading up since the new version? I'm on an Android.

Is anyone else having a problem with the game closing after loading up since the new version? I'm on an Android.

I haven't had that problem this version, but in a past version I had that happen and I think part of the reason it was happening was that I was out of memory on my phone. Might want to check that?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Got four tickets this morning from the raid missions, so in my usual fashion I spent them immediately and got Laguna's EX on the first one, lol.

I still don't have Sazh 35 :rotate:

I realized today I never got WoL's 35. Crazy.

Hilariously, Atlas COSMOS is soooo much easier in a group than solo, at least for me. Couldn't bring him down without wiping once using WoL/Laguna/Cloud friend Rinoa, but 3 WoL gives no shits.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    edited September 2019
    Stilts *poke*

Paine arrives this weekend, Yuna EX should be in two weeks

Fry on
    I may have done a single 5k on this banner, having neither of the accessory 35s, and gotten the new character's 35 and EX in that one pull

#unexpected

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Stilts *poke*

Paine arrives this weekend, Yuna EX should be in two weeks

I got distracted by all the events happening in FGO and Dokkan Battle, but I did start playing Dissidia more often in preparation. I've only got two Lost Chapters left and then I have all of Act 2 I can use to grind out more gems.

IKknkhU.gif
    Rius wrote: »
    I may have done a single 5k on this banner, having neither of the accessory 35s, and gotten the new character's 35 and EX in that one pull

#unexpected

I'm with you there Rius. I half heartedly threw tickets on this banner because I kinda wanted to have the twins maybe have some situational usefulness together (and that in my head, they would be casting Twinspell ;-) ) About thirty tickets in with no 5* in sight, out pops her EX.

#veryunexpected

Her abilities seem very niche, I guess there's always some HP attack happy boss, but I don't see her particularly useful generally. Is there something I'm missing?

Threw 5k gems at Alisae because why not

Terra 35
    Papalymo 35
    Alisae 35
    Alisae EX
    Alisae EX

OKAY THEN

I discussed Porom with the other Crystal Chroncles Podcast cohosts last week, and the general consensus we all had is that she is very strong at what she does but is unnecessary for most content right now if you have other healers (Lenna or Freya as examples).

Japan foresight says that Porom was used as a safety for some players to get though early Chaos fights due to her strong HP damage reduction but I do not think she will be mandatory. If you are willing to pull for early Chaos characters and invest in some early EX+ weapons you will get through okay.

In case anyone's wondering, I got Paine's 35 and EX

IKknkhU.gif
    I took a pull on the banner and got an off-banner unneeded Lion 15 and I was so disgusted I just turned off the game for the night.

I know it can happen, but that was just so lame.

edited September 2019
    Tickets for Paine:
    200 spent

4 Wakka 35
    2 Firion 35
    5 Wakka 15
    4 Firion 15
    2 Paine 15
    Offbanner 15s for Irvine, Steiner

That's just slightly below expectation value. Really glad they give all these draws away for free, I would be cranky if I had paid money for this.

Steiner was one of the last few characters I had nothing for, so that's cute at least.

Edit: went back and threw more tickets, 300 total and no EX. Oh well, sometimes gacha decides you don't get to have the thing

Edit: the lowest difficulty of the wings event drops several fodder artifacts, at no cost to you (stamina or bells). That's not normal, I don't think.

Fry on
    edited September 2019
    Paine is kind of ridiculous

I got her EX in 5k (this is becoming a theme) and maxed her out, glad I did because she makes everyone better while debuffing enemies to hell with a single framed debuff slot

Also she shits damage

Beasteh on
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Paine is kind of ridiculous

I got her EX in 5k (this is becoming a theme) and maxed her out, glad I did because she makes everyone better while debuffing enemies to hell with a single framed debuff slot

Also she shits damage

I'm so happy Paine is good

Currently running with a team of her, Lightning, and Auron. It's hard for any of my other DPS to compete with Lightning, but Paine holds her own pretty damn well.

IKknkhU.gif
    Did a pull for Noctis, got a Rem 35 and Galuf 15.

Threw 10 tickets at the banner, got Noctis 15 and 35.

Did another draw, Terra 15 and Noctis EX. Wooo!!

I apparently have decent luck here when I have crap luck in Record Keeper.

Damn, a stage 6 daily mission Kactaur with a triple exp book is enough to send characters from level 64 to 70. Talk about efficient!

edited September 2019
    Noctis does...a lot of damage. It's quite silly

Edit: clearing through 2-4 hard mode. From zero BRV, his HP++ dealt 40k against a moderately high level boss. Yeesh.

Fry on
    I managed to pick up his 35, and finally get Rem's 35, but I'm probably done spending on his banner which means I won't use him much I guess

Oh well I'll have to fall back on the subpar Vayne and Zack for melee damage, haw

Saved up and did a third 5k pull on Paine's banner after my first two got me a whole bunch of Wakka balls.

2x Paine 15
    1x Paine 35
    1x Paine EX

That'll do.

Cinque is tonight and sadly she's trash

Which sucks because I love her character

I feel kinda bad for the poor Cinque event boss. Poor thing doesn't even get to take a turn.

Yeah, I don't have a Noctis but riding a Cait Sith shotgun to two Noctis partners means I get to sit back and collect rewards.

I maxed out Noctis and let me tell you + of both abilities followed by set warp advance followed by + of both abilities again followed by second set warp advance followed by + of both abilities again followed by EX is really boring in MP

Man, trying, at the last minute, to get in Porom's cosmos battle with Porom, Palom, and Rinoa. But man, those guys are extremely silly geese. One attempt went pretty smoothly, and I got down 2 of the 3, with the last one left at about a quarter health (and only like 65ish turns in), thought I was gonna be ok. Didn't realize that with only one left, they go into their final form. He got that buff, and promptly wiped by entire team. :(

Heretic/chasm Cosmos difficulty co-op is very possible to lose. The knight can chunk people for 10k+, the assistant wolves in wave 2 will happily use their BRV regen to munch people, and Dark Bahamut's Megaflares can do 5k HP damage to each character if you don't do anything to counteract it. DB's Cure will heal it for 300k, so don't let it do that.

Note that Dark Bahamut doesn't counter summons, even though it says it does, so you probably want to run a summon train on it as usual. WoL's shields can absorb an entire Megaflare, lol. Zack with EX is pretty much invincible.