As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Wonder if Kushida is just a one time thing like Roddy in the CC2.

I can see them wanting to get the pop in a major market/home venue and leaving him in NXT.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think Kushida is to get him on a large stage early for a bit

Dio there is weird but I can't help but love him

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Did he debut his gimmick of being a virile family man?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Whew first segment is Undertaker chokeslamming Sami for wanting him to get out of the way of a younger generation and now Shinsuke's a heel because he "won't learn our language." This SmackDown's got old man stink.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Imagine finding out that your adult brother is one of the most famous wrestlers in the world and you had no idea

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Sasha just living the heel gimmick out here.

15ugxkilevl31.png

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v76mvtdDH8w

I can't wait for this match, but more importantly I can't wait for Meiko to win so that top Joshi combatant Chris Brookes can reignite their feud.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    A dude on reddit did a montage of a bunch of reversed Ric Flair promos, AKA "Angry Man Gets Dressed" https://v.redd.it/smten2u84sl31
    It's shocking how much it still sounds like him even backwards

link no worky

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I have no idea what they're doing with Owens.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Probably sending him back down to NXT so people will watch USA instead of TNT

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Man I don't know about you but given how KO has been booked the last 18 months, nothing about that makes me want to watch NXT over AEW. Oh hey it's the guy a bloated middle-aged man neutered.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    ED-J_SgWkAIc2XV?format=jpg&name=medium

New Addition: Session Moth Martina
    PWInsider wrote:
    Irish female star Session Moth Martina has signed a full-time deal with Ring of Honor and will be appearing regularly for the company very shortly. We are told her ROH deal will allow her to continue to work for STARDOM in Japan and work independent dates in Europe.

Martina is a former ICW Women's Champion and has held the Over the Top Wrestling Women's Championship as well as the OTT Gender Neutral Championship.

WWE had been pursuing Martina of late, offering her a contract for the NXT UK brand, but Martina turned the deal down, choosing instead to sign with ROH.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I don't understand that move at all, Martina. Get your WWE paycheck. At least be ruined and paid for it.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I don't understand that move at all, Martina. Get your WWE paycheck. At least be ruined and paid for it.

It's the exposure at WWE too. Even the ones treated like shit can usually still overperform and become prime pick up material for the higher tier brands.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

...or he does the thing that wrestlers do when they get unjustly fired in storyline and keep breaking in to ruin the boss's day until the boss is goaded into a match

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I actually think it’s a decent move for her. Assuming it’s only for a year or two, it hopefully would do more to raise her profile than a more restrictive NXT UK contract would (whose women’s division is pretty crowded for the amount of time they get). And I’m going to guess that WWE’s offer was on the low end if she went for this instead.

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    A dude on reddit did a montage of a bunch of reversed Ric Flair promos, AKA "Angry Man Gets Dressed" https://v.redd.it/smten2u84sl31
    It's shocking how much it still sounds like him even backwards

link no worky

Video got deleted it looks like, dang

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

"My name is Kevin Steen and FUCK RING OF HONOR!" but he's explicitly a face now.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Martina wants to do at least one more japanese tour before she signs with the E

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

...or he does the thing that wrestlers do when they get unjustly fired in storyline and keep breaking in to ruin the boss's day until the boss is goaded into a match

Yeah, I don't know how you look at this entire Owens storyline, where he has repeatedly gone after the boss and gotten suspended/fired for it, then goads him into another match that he wins, and say "yeah they're sending him down to NXT because WWE is scared of AEW".

Like I get some people here are extremely anti-WWE but come on.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    I actually think it’s a decent move for her. Assuming it’s only for a year or two, it hopefully would do more to raise her profile than a more restrictive NXT UK contract would (whose women’s division is pretty crowded for the amount of time they get). And I’m going to guess that WWE’s offer was on the low end if she went for this instead.

Jordynne Grace stuck with TNA because they let her keep doing Sendai Girls and indies
    ED-J_SgWkAIc2XV?format=jpg&name=medium

New Addition: Session Moth Martina
    PWInsider wrote:
    Irish female star Session Moth Martina has signed a full-time deal with Ring of Honor and will be appearing regularly for the company very shortly. We are told her ROH deal will allow her to continue to work for STARDOM in Japan and work independent dates in Europe.

Martina is a former ICW Women's Champion and has held the Over the Top Wrestling Women's Championship as well as the OTT Gender Neutral Championship.

WWE had been pursuing Martina of late, offering her a contract for the NXT UK brand, but Martina turned the deal down, choosing instead to sign with ROH.

It already worked out for her

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    KUSHIDA just debuted on 205 Live, tagging with Jack Gallager against Kendrick/Tozawa.
    That is

What

What a fuckin weird use of him

Yeah, but that sounds like something I really really want to watch. So well done WWE.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Also we'll done WWE on following through on making Chad Gable into Kurt Angle. Maybe a little too on the nose last night with the grapevine ankle lock but whatever I can't complain if you are doing the thing I asked you to do.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Taker, please retire. I still have nostalgic fondness for the dude, but he is burning that goodwill quickly by being an awful old Trumper dude and holding back younger talent.

• Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Taker, please retire. I still have nostalgic fondness for the dude, but he is burning that goodwill quickly by being an awful old Trumper dude and holding back younger talent.

It's a shame the Fiend didn't come along earlier, if he'd been able to retire Taker when he could still go that would have been a good way to go out.

• Options

It's a shame the Fiend didn't come along earlier, if he'd been able to retire Taker when he could still go that would have been a good way to go out.

Wrestlemania against Roman was the perfect sendoff. Even if the match wasn't his best, it kinda fit the story. He couldn't go anymore and he got beat by the next standard bearer.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The double rope run spear is still an amazing super finisher that only works in very specific situations.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    rip 205 live

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    I'm not that surprised it's being brought under the NXT banner. Wonder how much a distinction there will be or if the roster will be brought into NXT.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    For how poorly thought-out moving NXT to compete against AEW on TV is, there’s still a certain carney logic at play with it. If WWE has a way of saying they’re winning in the ratings, they get to say AEW can’t even beat their third-biggest product. And if AEW is an unqualified success, WWE can still say how it’s not a real comparison since it’s not against Smackdown/Raw.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I think one of them moves to Tuesday by next summer. It’s just dumb to run against each other at some point.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vU6maUVgbI

SRS from Fightful outright saying TNA didn't have the budget to provide catering at the last set of tapings

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

Wrestlemania against Roman was the perfect sendoff. Even if the match wasn't his best, it kinda fit the story. He couldn't go anymore and he got beat by the next standard bearer.

Also, and while they didn’t run with it, Roman’s promo that next night in RAW was perfect.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    There are a few wrestlemania matches he could have ended on and it would have been fitting. That was probably the best though.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-PDyTrvfX8

Not much in this one. Promo from Sammy, interview with Shavontay and Cody, Cody/Sammy will be the opening match of the first show and Cody """subtly""" hints that Schiavone will also be doing commentary on the shows, not just backstage stuff.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Have Sammy Guevara, top baby-face, win this match you cowards!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @evilbob and other Aus folks

Tanas “My dad is a heel wrestler” is showing in Oct and Nov

https://japanesefilmfestival.net/film/my-dad-is-a-heel-wrestler/

• Options
    Joey Ryan indeed seems to have signed with TNA. Was backstage filming stuff both nights of the Vegas tapings, and he's told indies he's taking less dates due to obligations with them

This discussion has been closed.