As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of Holding

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Turns out that when I don't drink and also integrate light physical activity into my day I sleep less... but am substantially more alert throughout the day?? Who could possibly have predicted.

No one, is who.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Shaz watch the new season. This house is amazing. Modern and urban but also kind of gigantic but also very much vertical and very Asian. I want it so badly.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Jazz wrote: »

With the lid I get a bit of a Shadow of the Colossus vibe off that.

Also, that is super cool of the Smithsonian.

I am disappointed they don't have any cars.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Chanus wrote: »
    aww daniel johnston died

um @Vanguard maybe? feel sad w me

I was always a casual fan who felt a great deal of empathy for the guy. I found him around the time I was first understanding my own mental health issues, so despite only listening to a handful of songs (for more than a decade, admittedly), I’m finding myself surprisingly affected by his death. I hope he found some peace.

Edit: If people like documentaries and haven’t seen it, I really recommend The Devil and Daniel Johnston. It’s one of those experiences that’s celebratory and heart-breaking and doesn’t shy away from the scarier parts of his life. Like the man himself, it’s complicated and very open and earnest.

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Wikipedia says Terrace House is low-drama. Is this the case?

It is adorable and heart warming. The drama is over like socks.

I am not joking there.

Its Japanese.

Just skip the Hawaii season. Though a new season just started so a great time to get in. I got Simon addicted and his wife. And two of my coworkers.
    I only ever watched one season of Terrace House but it’s definitely great

I just don’t watch tons of tv anymore

When the cold dark months come though...
    Chanus wrote: »
    Wikipedia says Terrace House is low-drama. Is this the case?

yes

Hmm, I will try this Terrace House then.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »

With the lid I get a bit of a Shadow of the Colossus vibe off that.

Also, that is super cool of the Smithsonian.

I am disappointed they don't have any cars.

You have to go elsewhere for those. But it's worth it.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Shaz watch the new season. This house is amazing. Modern and urban but also kind of gigantic but also very much vertical and very Asian. I want it so badly.

Okay
    Maybe Saturday when I’m tired from going out late and want to sit inside and terrace house

poo
  • Options
    @simonwolf I have chosen already from the first episode.
    I am stanning Kaori-chan. She is 100% my type.

Ninja I mean parkour girl is super attractive and so is the actress. But Kaori reminds me of Utada and well. I know where loyalty is.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    hmmm I guess I should start shopping out a new computer. calling it an early birthday present to myself.

I'm tempted to go with B&H's "totally not a tax avoidance scheme" credit card dealie. I've had good luck with all the camera stuff I've bought from them so why not video cards and cpus and whatnot.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    My bro and I over dinner were talking about how we missed Japan. My other part with Terrace house is it makes me so nostalgic.

I really do love Japan. Good and bad.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The boys are actually all pretty cute too this time.

Good casting Terrace House.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @firewaterword where did you move, FC?

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    wandering wrote: »
    If there’s a King of the Hill sequel series a large portion of the cast should be hardcore Trump supporters. It should be a depressing, Atticus-Finch-was-secretly-racist-all-along type of thing

I just can't imagine the show working in today's world. We're too deep into this bullshit for it's gentle humour to work anymore.

shryke on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Organichu wrote: »
    firewaterword where did you move, FC?

@Organichu We're in Highlands Ranch, more or less. Technically Littleton. Love the area so far.

One of my brothers is in FC though, so I'll be up there occasionally. You're around there ya?

firewaterword on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    also the King of the Hill sequel should pull a Lion King and have hyper-realistic CG animation

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    then liquid flows! it's grip it can't maintain

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I am watching a relaxing 8 minute video about all of the different pouches this company makes. There are dozens.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    hate to walk along wet sidewalks after an evening rain storm and in the twilight every leaf you're about to step on looks like a frog but it's always just a leaf except when it is a frog

You're really embracing the avatar with this comment.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I am watching a relaxing 8 minute video about all of the different pouches this company makes. There are dozens.

Oh Rob Liefeld's company got off the ground?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Oh Rob Liefeld's company got off the ground?

No, too heavy.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I remember I was disappointed when the writer of Broken Saints posted Loose Change with a comment like “this raises some important questions”

“What’s Broken Saints?”

Oh you know that “motion comic” from the 2000s

“Was it good?”

Probably not but it was cinematic and mysterious and Twin Peaksy and free and it came out in the heydey of Flash animation and so it seemed good at the time

Do you remember a flash "motion comic", early 2000s. A guy walks into a store and asks about baby carrots, and baby peas, and baby hamburgers. It ends with "Sir, this is the library" or perhaps "Bookstore"

Not sure if you would correctly term it a motion comic. It was weekly, I think. Had some brief animation. But it was often light animation and some sound.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    We just had a huge storm come through. Tons of lightning, spawned a tornado. Lots of high-altitude lightning once it passed by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgTr9-adBE

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Is crime lite some new bit of slang that's passed me by?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Just took the gf out for an absurdly expensive vegan molecular gastronomy dinner

I can safely say it was as good as the non vegan one I went to years back

Just incredible

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That makes sense, at the molecular level you’re just ingesting proteins and fats and salts and sugars.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I am too old to party, it seems

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

You just need a good DM.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

You just need a good DM.

Such as Tussin

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So uh

I found an AMD processor from 2005 in a drawer while looking for a flashlight

edit: *still in its unopened case

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Just took the gf out for an absurdly expensive vegan molecular gastronomy dinner

I can safely say it was as good as the non vegan one I went to years back

Just incredible

you got ripped off, there's plenty of molecules in regular, cheap food.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So uh

wait so then....

creepypasta voice what's in your computer?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Oh god

Mtg has “premium” booster packs now

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    So uh

wait so then....

The call is coming from INSIDE the computer!!!

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh god

Mtg has “premium” booster packs now

what's premium about them?

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    So uh

wait so then....

…An Intel Core i5 or an AMD Ryzen 5, depending on which computer you're talking about?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    So uh

wait so then....

…An Intel Core i5 or an AMD Ryzen 5, depending on which computer you're talking about?

this is too spooky.

• Options
    So uh

wait so then....

I need to pick a cpu but there are so many words to read about them it's overwhelming to my tired brain. Is AMD good again? I'm coming from a... 4670k I think.

This discussion has been closed.