As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I can add by name. Speaking of, I sent you an invite Transporter

Apparently the guild is good luck because my daily pull today was....Silver Blade Aramintha?! My first ML 5!

(Yes I can't immediately re-call her but STILL)

I thought about recalling her but fuck it, I kept her. I'll make her work still. I've wanted one of the Araminthas since I started playing and even if it's the wrong one I'm gonna gear her up.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yikes, Master rank isn't playing around. First round I get a team I wipe in 2 hits but their A. Vildred is a cheating SOB and re-animates to wipe everyone... Then I get someone with a super fast F. Kluri who provokes Sez, basically a loss.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yea i avoid all a vildreds in master. i've been blown to pieces enough times to know i don't have the pieces to kill them. a properly geared karin/baiken/bbk really help counter a vildred since they can extra turn him before he cleaves you to death, but if he gets to go there ain't nothing you can do unless your team is alarmingly tanky.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I sub in Krau with Aurius when I need to deal with A. Vildred.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I was thinking angie for the barrier. I have a lot of Aurius artifacts, just no knights leveled up other than Crozet.

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    So I started playing this game 2 or so months ago. It's pretty fun. I have a Yufine, Seaside Bellona, and Angelica making up the core of my main team. Is there a PA guild to join?

There is, go ahead and post your id and we’ll invite you.

Is that the account #?

I think so? First time doing it. We can try account name as well.

My account name should be the same as my forum name. Zaylenz. Thanks.

• Options
    So I started playing this game 2 or so months ago. It's pretty fun. I have a Yufine, Seaside Bellona, and Angelica making up the core of my main team. Is there a PA guild to join?

Is that the account #?

@Zaylenz invite sent.

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Is that the account #?

@Zaylenz invite sent.

Got it, thanks.

• Options
    So for the hall of trials, the main reason to keep grinding after getting each is for better base stats?

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Stats and getting the one that has the skill modifier that you actually want since each one has 3 variants.

• Options
    Ah didn’t even see that. Makes a lot more sense than them coming with all 3 lol. Do we know if the currency will stay for the next batch?

I guess i’ll try for Rose since she’s the only one i have.

• Options
    well patch notes came out and tama is the rerun this week. she's stupidly good at pve if you don't have her.

releasing yufine and tama back to back has me really curious if they're about to unload a truly broken limited hero, that's a strong bookmark bait back to back. a character who's never had a banner in global and the best pve soulweaver by far.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I love my Tams. But I dont think she is worth burning through tokens to get with the next unknown. A. Montmo can heal just as good and have pretty much better sustain you just might have to pop out of auto to burn S3 heh. Doris well geared matches her in utility in PVE. Destina with her S3 -2d via unique equipment is as good as any healer now really.

Tams is great at just setting auto. But so is Angie as well.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Tama's got attack up and CR pushing which is great. IMO Tama is the best PvE healer in the game. In PvP you need Isseria and have to be on the attack to use her, and then that combo is potent and super good.

• Options
    Sure. CR push/buff is much less rare now though. Im not saying she is bad. Im just not agreeing she is the best PVE without argument. Having to be enabled for PVP use also makes her much less rateable high on the "overall" rankings.

• Options
    Full party 50% push and atk buff while also healing is not anything another soulweaver can replicate afaik.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Like I said its about other things the other healers do better. Like sustain healing or cleansing. CR pushing is not rare now. It is nice to have but it lessens her a lot to have to be enabled by another hero as well to be truely OP.

Edit: Its one of the things I like that they are doing right now. Making the must have heros much less "must have" by spreading the once unique abiltiies around. Like Ara getting an aoe stun. Or Armin getting dmg reduction. Destina having her S3 on a 4 turn CD now. Achates with her S2 buff now. etc etc.

Edit2: Sorry if it sounds like I am being combative. Im trying not to be. I just play off meta when possible and you can pretty easily with the changes they have been doing. Sure you might not get into legend but you can do 99% of the rest of it using things like an 70k Enott and 70k Dingo. Using LadyJubs super geared Dingo shows that the -1 CD group thing is really nice and comparable to CR pushing. Its just CR pushing is the easier/lazier way you can do it. LadyJubs uses Dingo, Achates, and Rikoris to get -2 CD like every other turn for everyone in the group. Its pretty nuts.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Too many times I have seen Destina bring the whole team back from the brink of death for me to let her sweet, sweet self not get used. I want to use Angie, but damn, Destina is just so great(most of the time). I've levelled up Aramintha and Yufine, Yufine seems pretty great and hits pretty hard so she's been part of my main PVE team for a bit, with SS Bellona and Vivian doing some great work too. Every once in a while, Viv gets off three of those crazy tornado attacks of hers one after another and it's just a hell of a thing to watch.

I really hope I can get my paws on a Luna someday, she seems pretty great from using her as assist. Dizzy too.

Currently i have SS Bellona and Lorina @ 60, and Lorina is closing in on being upgraded spec wise; now I need to break my indecision and figure out who the hell to take to 60 next. I hope they get less stingy with the energy, the nice thing about King's Raid was they eased up on the limited play and the game really opened up to just....play rather than plink 30 minutes into a day and then be done.

Nosf on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Vivian is great because she frees up spots in your comp for PVP and PVE. With the attk buff and immunity, AND it lasting 3 turns rather than 1 or two, she lessens the need to rely on angie or tams or the like.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Took 11 stabs at Tam, didn't get. Kinda worried the next one will be a big deal and I'll be shit outta bookmarks for it. If I went 121 pulls for Tam and then Luna came back, I would be the saddest of pandas.

Nosf on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I already have Tam, but I had a strong desire to pull a few times on something, so two pulls in on the default got me a shiny new Aramintha. Aside from the crap I got from the free Anniversary rolls, I've had some pretty great luck.

Speaking of which, I really need to put together a list of all my units and ask for some advice. I'm still only sitting on one 6* because I can't decide what to focus on and the scattershot method has left me struggling in most content.

Edit: Here's what I've got if anyone has some time to look through it and toss any suggestions my way.
    Name Rarity
    BLUE
    Sez 6*
    Angelic Montmorancy 5*
    Seaside Bellona 5*
    Yuna 5*
    Crozet 4*
    Furious 4*
    Karin 4*
    Romann 4*
    Rose 4*

DARK
    Apocalypse Ravi 5*
    Shadow Rose 5*
    Assassin Cartuja 4*
    Shooting Star Achates 4*
    Lorina 3*
    Otillie 3*
    Pyllis 3*
    Wanda 3*

GREEN
    Silk 5*
    Vivian 5*
    Yufine 5*
    Armin 4*
    Cidd 4*
    Leo 4*
    Lots 4*

LIGHT
    Kikirat 2 5*
    Fighter Maya 4*
    Wanderer Silk 4*
    Arowell 3*
    Doris 3*
    Elson 3*
    Gloomyrain 3*
    Gunther 3*
    Rikoris 3*

RED
    Aramintha 5*
    Charlotte 5*
    Ken 5*
    Tamarinne 5*
    Achates 4*
    Dingo 4*
    Khawazu 4*
    Surin 4*

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    I'm getting annihilated in PvP now. Kind of want to head back to Gold lol. Everyone has fully awakened characters and most seem to be really high speed, so they beat out my A. Lots who only has 180 right now.

• Options
    180 is pretty low yea, at master it usually takes ~200 to go first fairly often, though characters like cr pushers and debuffers will usually be built even faster than that because they don't care about other stats. you do get 450 skystones for finishing master v though, pretty nice!

abotkin, what are you looking to build toward? raid vs w11 vs abyss vs pvp all will have different target characters.

also, as an aside, i'd also probably start lorina's speciality change because that takes approx. forever and she's really useful to have around due to her super high morale in raid and top tier single target damage with no weakness.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    If PVP, since you don't have a Dizzy, I think your best bet would to try to gear up Vivian. An ultra fast Vivian is the counter to so many defensive meta choices, including the main one Dizzy. I need to get more speed on mine but if my vivian outspeeds the other dizzy its pretty much over for the team with my dizzy and otillie in the group too. I dont even need buffers outside of vivian because those two combined are stupid strong and I can grind out the win vs teams I had no chance with before with my flimsy CR debuffers.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    I'd like to be able to clear any of the hunt 11's, right now I can sometimes clear W9 depending on if everyone survives the initial double hit from the wyvern. All the other hunts top out at 8, if that, so far. And I've been stuck at abyss 50 for forever now.

Really, I know I have a lot of good stuff, I just need to put it together in a coherent way so I can push through something to start high level gearing my people. Sez with whatever 3 others I feel like at the time just isn't going to do it most of the time.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Yeah my Bellona and Dizzy are over 200 but Dizzy's CR push is getting resisted more and more. I really need to work on Roozid's SC so I don't have to worry about being resisted. Though I may want to re-think the whole thing as if Sez can't cleave most of the team to death, my units are pretty squishy and don't last long.

• Options
    abotkin wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to clear any of the hunt 11's, right now I can sometimes clear W9 depending on if everyone survives the initial double hit from the wyvern. All the other hunts top out at 8, if that, so far. And I've been stuck at abyss 50 for forever now.

Really, I know I have a lot of good stuff, I just need to put it together in a coherent way so I can push through something to start high level gearing my people. Sez with whatever 3 others I feel like at the time just isn't going to do it most of the time.

Who are you using for W9? It seems the season 2 arena gear is still available, I'd grab all of that asap. I have 3 or 4 pieces on Sez and he's a beast. You have a lot of good folks for Wyvern, Furious has a 100% defense break on S3, Karin has defense break on S2, you could go with those 2 for DPS and get Crozet as a tank and A. Mont as healer. SS Bellona is also great at Wyvern for DPS and defense break. Yuna is used a lot as well, and with her equipment can apply greater attack boost. Combined with a defense break, should be able to help a ton with Wyvern.

For Golem, you can go the cheese route to start if you want. Get Kiris leveled up, add in Ollie for de-buffs and party protection, Tam and Doris for healing. Then just let Poison do the work. Should work up till G10 (since G11 has a dispel debuff's mechanic).

For PvP, I went with the Sez cleave route, which worked great till Master. Basically get Sez maxed out (which you'll probably do anyways since you'll use him for farming). Get a fast unit with defense break and a CR pusher. Folks use Roozid's SC a lot since he's a 3*, has good base speed, and has CR push + Speed on his S3. Aramintha or Leo would be a great 4th person since they need the CR push and have AoE stun S3's.

• Options

You may want ot just go for W10 and get to 11. Some people find 11 easier than 10 because W11 always attacks your front line person, so if you have flimsy other characters it doesn't matter, unlike W10 who might just point itself at your squishies.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

You may want ot just go for W10 and get to 11. Some people find 11 easier than 10 because W11 always attacks your front line person, so if you have flimsy other characters it doesn't matter, unlike W10 who might just point itself at your squishies.

On that same note Otillie or Armin are fantastic for cracking G11.

• Options
    So what's the best way to replenish energy? I've been dipping into my leifs to power level people and such, but that can't last forever.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    So what's the best way to replenish energy? I've been dipping into my leifs to power level people and such, but that can't last forever.

I use friendship stuff as well. When I first started I ended up buying the monthly pack with energy but didn't really tap into it and it lasts forever. So now I have 27+ sitting in my mailbox that I've started to use for this event.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I wouldnt spend any currency on energy other than friendship points and if your desperate gems. But you need to have a good gem generation for that to still stay positive. You can save the energy you get in your mailbox for a week to focus down when you have extended playtime or with something you want to farm like runes etc. Check your achieves and the special events as well because they have a good amount of leifs.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I'm just not sure what else I'd use Leif's on. I have 300+ of them right now. Maybe when I can do the raid.

A tip from reddit, save the 1 time goblin stage C2 for tomorrow since we'll have a bonus gold event going on.

• Options
    I'm just not sure what else I'd use Leif's on. I have 300+ of them right now. Maybe when I can do the raid.

A tip from reddit, save the 1 time goblin stage C2 for tomorrow since we'll have a bonus gold event going on.

Oh hey I just completed that. :rotate:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I never spend gems on anything but the 950 for 50 bookmarks / stigma deal. I do the friendship thing each day, but it's really not that much. King's Raid was similar, playtime famine then at some point they seemed to say fuck that, and now you can play for hours every night if you wanted to. Speaking of gems, what's the best way to generate them? I realize a lot of the ones I've gotten lately are finishing out the three star map items which will dry up quick.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Side event, achieve (3 sisters daily), your daily amount from erebis, keeping NPC PVP clean daily, etc. Its a grind like everything heh.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    leifs are pretty much only for energy, so as long as you're not wasting it burning the leifs on farming events or hunts or catalysts is pretty much optimal.

i finally beat queen whatsherface and a hell raid boss tonight. giving tama some more gear and getting her 60 prevented her being blown up and got through without too much trouble. i'm also on 79 of the abyss so hopefully tomorrow i will get 4 moonlight pulls aka 4 elsons.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The leif talk reminds me about the whole Whack-a-Arky event, where the Arky that has the Leifs looks *so* disappointed.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The first couple days was gold arkys everywhere, the last couple days have been maybe 1 tops. Started to raise Rose up, think I'm going to push her and Angelica a bit, try to build a decent Wyvern team.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Yeah all these mobile games are grindy. That's the nature of keeping players in the game so they are more likely to buy stuff. The reason I like this game is that I don't feel the need to log in all the time, I can jump on at night and do some things and be done if needed. Also the animations are just so good, it's fun just to play. Add in the auto feature which helps with the grind, and at least for now, this is probably going to be the gacha game I stick with for a bit.