As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Nintendo] thread is only for perverts now, apparently

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Good on em for getting that done fast.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    So Tokyo Game Show is real soon. I feel like I know the answer but I'm going to ask anyway: what are the odds Ace Attorney 7 gets announced?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Good on em for getting that done fast.

Well Byleth only has half a dozen combat lines so I'm sure it didn't take long

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So Tokyo Game Show is real soon. I feel like I know the answer but I'm going to ask anyway: what are the odds Ace Attorney 7 gets announced?

I feel like pretty good, but I’ve said that for the last....two TGS’? So don’t listen to me

6F32U1X.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Who knows what Capcom's plan is right now

liEt3nH.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm just glad I missed Capcom teasing the recent trilogy ports as "Unmissable" last year. That would have broken my heart if I'd experienced it in real-time.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Phoenix Wright takes place in Japan edition

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Things I'd also accept. Another trilogy of HD remasters of the next three Phoenix Wright games for the Switch.

HD Edgeworth Investigates with 2 finally localized.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Ace Attorney Investigations 2/Mother 3 double pack.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I started playing Ghost Trick on my way to work
    I only got a few minutes in but holy shit this animation is incredible

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Dont forget to check out the Dr. mcninja ghost trick crossover

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ghost Trick is very pretty for what it is.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think tonight I'm gonna try to play some Secret of Mana with Anya. Should be fun, I think!

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    My one regret with the SoM remake is they didn't try to further the QoL features for the game. Ring menu is iconic, but pausing the action every time to cast a different spell, or swap weapons killed a lot of the interest for people who I urged to play this classic game who never played the original.

Two shortcuts (technically one, since it's split between one spell each for sprite and girl) are not enough.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Phoenix Wright takes place in Japan edition

It is still upsetting that they will never bring this stateside for reasons
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXueeHbzqxk

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    hope springs eternal. I think it’ll happen in our lifetimes. that and investigations 2. you gotta believe

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    hope springs eternal. I think it’ll happen in our lifetimes. that and investigations 2. you gotta believe

Going for immortality from the monkey's paw, huh?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I would take immortality without hesitation

i've thought about it a lot

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Things I'd also accept. Another trilogy of HD remasters of the next three Phoenix Wright games for the Switch.

HD Edgeworth Investigates with 2 finally localized.

Yes please!

I’m sorely due for a replay of Apollo’s games, anyway.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm getting my girlfriend into Ace Attorney*, she's only played the first one so far but eventually having 4-6 on switch would be real handy

*I abbreviated the series title at first but "I'm getting my girlfriend into AA" sounds like something else

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I replayed Investigations a month or so ago.

Still the best Ace Attorney game.

Grey Ghost wrote: »

I really wish we could get an HD remake of it for Switch, but maybe it's a special time and place thing where DS is really where it looks best

6F32U1X.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Hey so this Link to the Past game is pretty good, huh? It's the first time in ages I've felt a game did organic, textless tutorials well. I was just like "wait do I do this thing?" and then I did the thing and it worked. Like five times in a row! That's just great design.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I’m watching the new Link’s Awakening overview trailer and it got me wondering... do you think we’ll eventually see OoA/OoS remakes done in the same (or similar) styles? It feels like a foregone conclusion, but I have to imagine it wouldn’t be until the next home console.

edited September 2019
    I wonder if Nintendo would care nearly as much about the Zelda games they didn't make

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I wonder if Nintendo would care nearly as much about the Zelda games they didn't make

the director of skyward sword and breath of the wild started with the oracles

PNk1Ml4.png
    yeah I guess I don't actually know what the working relationship was between Capcom and Nintendo for those games

6F32U1X.png
    they were made by flagship, a company co-owned by nintendo, capcom, and sega, but primarily by capcom

for the zelda series they made the oracles, four swords, and the minish cap

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    they were made by flagship, a company co-owned by nintendo, capcom, and sega, but primarily by capcom

for the zelda series they made the oracles, four swords, and the minish cap

And then my understanding is that a lot of the Capcom Zelda staff went on to join the Nintendo Zelda staff, as you alluded to a couple posts up

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    All I got left to buy is 99 moons, the skeleton suit and the 8-bit cap. I think another hour of Balloon World is all I need and I’m DONE.

sig.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    All the Capcom zelda games are heavily represented in the Hyrule Historia / Art & Artifacts / Encyclopedia tomes. They're canon as far as Nintendo considers such things. Thus, anything is possible with them.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Arguably, the Four Swords trilogy is the most canon of them all.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's four times as canon

BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    What I wonder is if Skyward Sword will ever get ported, or if it'll become the forgotten Zelda?

I mean, getting that game to work on anything besides the Wii is going to be a lot of work. I guess the switch can technically play it but the switch light can't.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Make an HD version with twin stick sword controls.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Every once in a while I remember that this is the conclusion we came to, without a trace of irony, and I'm boggled all over again

dN0T6ur.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »

Every once in a while I remember that this is the conclusion we came to, without a trace of irony, and I'm boggled all over again

I've heard tell you've got a podcast about this very topic--1) is that true and 2) if so, do you have a link? I'd love to give it a listen

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Wyborn wrote: »

I've heard tell you've got a podcast about this very topic--1) is that true and 2) if so, do you have a link? I'd love to give it a listen

http://www.audioentropy.com/the-book-of-mudora

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I suppose you could make SS into a dual joystick game where you swing the sword with the right stick while locked on/holding a button. You don't exactly need camera control while in combat in Zelda games.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    It'd basically just be Die By The Sword: Zelda Edition.

Which, y'know, ain't the worst thing.

This discussion has been closed.