As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Remember, Dan only played Zelda 2 fairly recently and likes that more than Link's Awakening.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Remember, Dan only played Zelda 2 fairly recently and likes that more than Link's Awakening.

Zelda 2 is the worst Zelda game. And I'm on board with the Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game of the ones I've played so far.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Oh, I forgot that Dan has bad opinions about the Gameboy and also Link's Awakening.

eh, I never thought the original gameboy had much going for it either (aside from tetris)

Yeah but you also have bad opinions

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I hate Link to the Past and love Awakening and Adventure.

uyvfOQy.png
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Wow, jail syphon

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i just ignore dan when he enters obvious performative hot take voice.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    If the Gameboy was bad it would have been the Virtual Boy.

steam_sig.png

I assume Austin is screenshotting one of his posts from a ResetEra thread or something (go fig, Austin is pulling a Brad and using a different website's forum to say interesting stuff over their own website's forums), but what a fantastic piece of supplemental writing about mech games, specifically Daemon X Machina

If you're a person like me who tends to go full optimization/completist in games and in a mech game you always want the best robot, this game probably isn't for you either. It sounds like these games make you feel like you're driving your old car: it's shitty and broken but just in the right ways, and if you do it right and hold your breath, you can occasionally make it purr.

"The good kind" of mech games that Austin likes are more Serenity than the Enterprise.

steam_sig.png

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I am kinda jonesin' for Remnant From the Ashes after all the talk about it. I had some PS Bucks saved up for BL3 but at best I'm not going to buy that until down the line when it's cheap.

Just sounds like RFA is a multiplayer game and I don't really have a squad. Maybe Destiny Shadowkeep where I can go at my own pace but also hop in with randos at any time? It's weird, I haven't been super excited about games lately, even though a bunch of good ones have come out in the past month or so.

I'm looking for a real meaty RPG. I recently played a ton of Divinity OS 2, but I wanted to like that game a lot more than I do.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I am kinda jonesin' for Remnant From the Ashes after all the talk about it. I had some PS Bucks saved up for BL3 but at best I'm not going to buy that until down the line when it's cheap.

Just sounds like RFA is a multiplayer game and I don't really have a squad. Maybe Destiny Shadowkeep where I can go at my own pace but also hop in with randos at any time? It's weird, I haven't been super excited about games lately, even though a bunch of good ones have come out in the past month or so.

I'm looking for a real meaty RPG. I recently played a ton of Divinity OS 2, but I wanted to like that game a lot more than I do.

I don't know about how the PS community is, but I certainly find randoms easily enough on PC for Remnant.

But yes, it's a lot more fun multiplayer than solo.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through with a regular coop partner, and I cannot fathom how you would even bother trying to do some of the boss fights solo. We just fought a boss that is actually 2 bosses, you cant see both at the same time, and they have visual cues but sometimes not audio ones for their attacks. If one of us went down we would just reset, because the fight is impossible before you have to consider Adds. This boss and the last one had hard DPS checks, we were both well above rated for the fight but were having issues as well. People say they play it solo but I really do not see how.

steam_sig.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Link's Awakening was my first LoZ game, and the only one I have finished more than once

I'd probably be fine saying it was my favourite

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    "Worst Zelda Game (CD-i excluded)" is still going to be one of the best games ever made.

I might give it to Skyward Sword, maybe? But that still has Groose and some fantastic bosses and that one dungeon with the orbs and oh god it's SO GOOD!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    skyward sword is way more fun than zelda 2

BahamutZERO.gif
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    It's probably a time and place thing, but Skyward Sword was a fine game for me. I didn't have any of the controller issues that plagued others and it has some great dungeons (time orbs!).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through with a regular coop partner, and I cannot fathom how you would even bother trying to do some of the boss fights solo. We just fought a boss that is actually 2 bosses, you cant see both at the same time, and they have visual cues but sometimes not audio ones for their attacks. If one of us went down we would just reset, because the fight is impossible before you have to consider Adds. This boss and the last one had hard DPS checks, we were both well above rated for the fight but were having issues as well. People say they play it solo but I really do not see how.
    The game scales with the number of people you add. I've seen complaints that it scales too harshly, so a fight that's doable on solo is hard on duo and then gets ridiculous with 3-4, especially if not everyone is in the same level range.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Rorie combining cheddar goldfish and skittles upset me on a visceral level.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    As someone currently drinking iced coffee combined with cola, I cannot throw stones at Rorie.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    As someone currently drinking iced coffee combined with cola, I cannot throw stones at Rorie.

wtf lol. I think my only food quirk right now is maybe putting Ketchup on white rice.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    It's probably a time and place thing, but Skyward Sword was a fine game for me. I didn't have any of the controller issues that plagued others and it has some great dungeons (time orbs!).

The problem with Skyward Sword was that it felt like a twenty hour tutorial with some game after that. The pacing was absolutely terrible.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

wtf lol. I think my only food quirk right now is maybe putting Ketchup on white rice.

wtf?

It's not something I would recommend. I just like the combination of the carbonation, the caramel flavor of the cola, some milk to cut the acid of both the cola and coffee. I find it enjoyable in that mocha frappuccino abomination sort of way.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    It's not something I would recommend. I just like the combination of the carbonation, the caramel flavor of the cola, some milk to cut the acid of both the cola and coffee. I find it enjoyable in that mocha frappuccino abomination sort of way.

Hey i like Coke blak so i can relate.

steam_sig.png

wtf?

it was worse. I put ketchup on eggs when I was a kid.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular

The pillars of eternity games are pretty great if you haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I drank diet root beer with some heavy cream in it for a while. It was a good way to mimic a root beer float without all the sugar.

Stabbity_Style.png
    McMoogle wrote: »

Hey i like Coke blak so i can relate.

After a google search, there seems to be good news for the both of us. Coca Cola Plus Coffee has escaped Australia into wider release.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png

wtf?

That sounds patently less worse to me tbh.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

wtf?

That sounds patently less worse to me tbh.

I know tons of people that put ketchup on eggs, so i'm with Satan on this one.

steam_sig.png
    To be clear though, I don't want to yuck your yum. You do you baybee.

• kbohlskbohls Registered User regular

wtf?

nah that is normal, i would have a scrambled egg sandwich with ketchup fairly often when i was kid. and i'm normal, right? ...right?

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    You can't watch a slice of life anime series without seeing an omelette with ketchup on it, it's not exactly an out there combination.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ketchup on eggs is super common.

admanb wrote: »
    Ketchup on eggs is super common.

not over here where I live. my parents didn't like it at all! to be fair I think I put ketchup on a lot of meat. I bet most chefs don't like what I do.

Ketchup is a condiment so while unorthodox, it being used on rice and eggs is valid.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    In recent years I have grown to start hating ketchup. It has a super vile flavor and is just too damn sugary.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    As a 42-year old man, I still like ketchup on my eggs. I'm happy to occasionally substitute with a salsa, though.

Back when my wife was eating gluten, she'd smear ketchup on top of Tombstone pizzas, which grossed me out.

In recent years I have grown to start hating ketchup. It has a super vile flavor and is just too damn sugary.

don't you mean it has a perfect amount of sugar? :rotate:

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Kid I knew in school way back when would regularly devour a huge bowl of cottage cheese absolutely smothered in ketchup.

It has been years but I will never forget that horrible imagery.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    It's the vinegar in ketchup that makes it pair well with eggs, same idea as hot sauce just sugar over heat

PSN SeGaTai
This discussion has been closed.