As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

I was a big fan of Battle of Olympus as a kid. It is a really solid, though difficult game. Would definitely recommend people check it out if they can.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Finished Astral Chain this morning, so I've gona back to my second playthrough of Fire Emblem. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before Link's Awakening next week, and then finish that before Dragon Quest the week after. That should then easily last me until Luigi's Mansion, or maybe even Pokemon.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Finished Astral Chain this morning, so I've gona back to my second playthrough of Fire Emblem. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before Link's Awakening next week, and then finish that before Dragon Quest the week after. That should then easily last me until Luigi's Mansion, or maybe even Pokemon.

Man I envy your gaming time haha

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm starting to cut into my sleep schedule to play games... Which cuts into my workout time... Which increases my weight and unhappiness.... Hmm.

Might be a bad decision. But it does have 100% more Zelda in it, so that's nice.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Someone is selling Wrecking Crew and Popeye on Ebay.

The thing is that the virtual console version of Wrecking Crew is better because you can edit levels.

kime wrote: »

Man I envy your gaming time haha

Eh, it's not that much, really. On average I play maybe around 20-25 hours per week on my Switch.

• Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    I probably average about 5 hours of Game time a week :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    I get a about 5 hours during the week, and occasionally I get a 2-3 hour stretch on the weekend. That’s why I’m planning on getting Zelda, then probably that Olympics game and likely Luigi and those should last me until Christmas, when Dragon Quest, Marvel and Astral Chain will likely come my way. Then those can keep me busy until Animal Crossing.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Monster Rancher TGS Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWaA2jHxlR8

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I get a about 5 hours during the week, and occasionally I get a 2-3 hour stretch on the weekend. That’s why I’m planning on getting Zelda, then probably that Olympics game and likely Luigi and those should last me until Christmas, when Dragon Quest, Marvel and Astral Chain will likely come my way. Then those can keep me busy until Animal Crossing.

This is what my play time is like, and Zelda and Hollow Knight have been keeping that nicely occupied.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I've never played any 2D Zelda games, so I was super hyped for the LA Remake.

Unfortunately for it, I am even more hyped for Untitled Goose Game so that's going to get played first.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Deadly Premonition is so weird. I’m about 50 minutes in.

How “open” is the world, exactly?

I love this weird jank.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Drez wrote: »

I love this weird jank.

It's a very weird sort of "open" world. You can basically drive or walk to literally any building in this town, but there's only a handful that you can actually enter/interact with (which will have people icons, to show you who is home) and a number of the driving routes are very narrow corridors. There's no off-road travel to get from point to point, you basically have to stick to the roads.

Think of it as an open world where the game is restricting you to playable area that matters... sort of. It's good you're enjoying the jank, because even the open world aspect is janky. Just make sure you get the FUCKING FAST TRAVEL OPTION I ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT LAST WEEK, because it's not at all obvious to get it and driving around takes aaaaaassssloads of time. Once you've heard all the main character's commentaries about movies, you'll just want to fast travel everywhere.

Ninja Snarl P on
    Drez wrote: »

I love this weird jank.

It's a very weird sort of "open" world. You can basically drive or walk to literally any building in this town, but there's only a handful that you can actually enter/interact with (which will have people icons, to show you who is home) and a number of the driving routes are very narrow corridors. There's no off-road travel to get from point to point, you basically have to stick to the roads.

Think of it as an open world where the game is restricting you to playable area that matters... sort of. It's good you're enjoying the jank, because even the open world aspect is janky. Just make sure you get the FUCKING FAST TRAVEL OPTION I ONLY FOUND OUT ABOUT LAST WEEK, because it's not at all obvious to get it and driving around takes aaaaaassssloads of time. Once you've heard all the main character's commentaries about movies, you'll just want to fast travel everywhere.

Thanks!

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Someone is selling Wrecking Crew and Popeye on Ebay.
    Popeye is my absolute favorite arcade game. The NES version is super fun too.

We're still hooked on Farm Together. It's been a few weeks at this point. Send help.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    My copy of Daemon X Machina arrived just now. I got the limited Orbital Edition. It's a lot bigger than I'd expected, but the Arsenal figure is quite nice. Though admittedly I can't compare it to any other mech figures because I don't own any.

Anyways, let's see how long this game manages to distract me from Fire Emblem.

As expected, the "new experience" is indeed a fitness game..but it's an RPG as well?! Looks kinda interesting actually.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I like the looks of it - have they given any price yet?

Edit:. Looks like $80

Lindsay Lohan on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm starting to cut into my sleep schedule to play games... Which cuts into my workout time... Which increases my weight and unhappiness.... Hmm.

Might be a bad decision. But it does have 100% more Zelda in it, so that's nice.

I know what you mean. Time management has become an issue (in a good way!) in my life. Trying to juggle wife time, study time with the kids, working out at the gym, at least one run a week, soccer with a bunch of old d00ds, hanging out with real friends AND make time for games, 24 hours are not enough lol.

Man, I was thinking Wolf: YB was a 50 hour game by how long it took me and then I look at my /played and it barely hit 8 hours.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg

As expected, the "new experience" is indeed a fitness game..but it's an RPG as well?! Looks kinda interesting actually.

The girl in this video drives me up the fucking wall.

In other news... That actually looks really cool! Way better than WiiFit.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I like it! Good integration of fitness and well-loved gaming tropes. I'll show the clip to my wife and kid and see what they think.

That said... those two presenters though... yikes. They're like animated wax-figure parodies of themselves. Creeped me out.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    I like it! Good integration of fitness and well-loved gaming tropes. I'll show the clip to my wife and kid and see what they think.

That said... those two presenters though... yikes. They're like animated wax-figure parodies of themselves. Creeped me out.

Yeah the girl is an over-actor, and the guy was an under-actor. Very weird dynamic they went with.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I was thinking about WiiFit and how I was sad I couldn't play it anymore about a month ago. Definitely interested in this, as goofy as it looks, because playing an adventure game could help make it more regular.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Body building dragon? BODY BUILDING DRAGON?

I'm sold. This looks really fun!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Probably picking that up, depending on the price point.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The shopping channel portion of it feels like a weird parody of itself, like I'm watching something from The Onion. The game however looks really creative, surprisingly - like actual effort was put into it. I'm not used to seeing that after all the similar Wii cash-ins.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    The Amnesia collection launched today, with all 3 games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Ayhhqec6Y

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm getting Ring Fit. My problem with Wii Fit was that the exercizes and minigames weren't fun or engaging enough for me to play every day. Ring Fit looks really interesting.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Man...I'm a wuss. I was never able to get very far on any Amnesia game.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Ok, this ad made me laugh.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I’m going to need Ring Fit Adventure. I expect I will play it for two weeks, not touch it for months, and then pack it up and put it under a bed, as I have with every iteration of Wii Fit, but I’m a sucker for tying RPG mechanics to bizarre gameplay.

I’m also curious how the actual ring works. Some of the movements are obviously gyroscopic, but I think the squeezing motion might be using the IR sensor.

I’m glad they haven’t bailed on the Switch’s weird possibilities. The Wii U’s second screen felt like a largely unrealized opportunity for cool new stuff.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I hope Nintendo releases weird games and accessories that nobody asked for forever.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I don't own any Labo, but I'm glad it exists. I'd like to own it, just can't afford it. Always neat to see new stuff that's not the usual.

4dm3dwuxq302.png

The models they get are never realistic.

I bet it is a surreal experience to work for Nintendo.

I always wonder what it is like for those Treehouse people. You have to get sick of it.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It's a good move to just stealth drop news of this new ring accessory and game on their twitter/youtube instead of making it part of a Nintendo Direct.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The models they get are never realistic.

I mean ... isn't that the whole point of models?