As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What is your favorite sword?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    ummm

I like the darksaber
    latest?cb=20180713042030

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    ummm

I like the darksaber
    latest?cb=20180713042030

it good

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    cane swords probably fall under concealed knife laws in many places, like in california they definitely do

Here in Texas I can openly walk around with brass knuckles, switchblades, and fucking swords. I haven't seen any fuckin nerdlingers doing so yet, but I swear to god when I do

I saw someone carrying a pink katana well before I saw someone carrying a gun. Also you forgot to mention chains.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    other
    I'd have to say my favorite s word is probably.. Saburration

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh dang, Saburration is a great sword name

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    other
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    cane swords probably fall under concealed knife laws in many places, like in california they definitely do

Here in Texas I can openly walk around with brass knuckles, switchblades, and fucking swords. I haven't seen any fuckin nerdlingers doing so yet, but I swear to god when I do

I saw someone carrying a pink katana well before I saw someone carrying a gun. Also you forgot to mention chains.

Oh shit I forgot I could get some brass knuckles, yessss

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    other
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Oh dang, Saburration is a great sword name

Has anyone ever given you the nickname of Korni? Because they should.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

Coworker of mine has been talking about going and getting some on our lunch break one of these days.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    other
    The Richard Lester Three Musketeer movies have some great sword fights in them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    other

Coworker of mine has been talking about going and getting some on our lunch break one of these days.

I'm gonna get some with someone else's name on them

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    other

I'm gonna get some with someone else's name on them

Let's both get some and then meet up and have a friendly fistfight!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    other
    I like bastard swords because the flexibility they afford while not forgoing reach or power, and also because I have the maturity of a 13 year old.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    other
    just jumping back to the monstrosities for a moment
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    COMBAT CLEAVER!!!!

that thing would break your goddamn fingers so fast

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    ALL-BLACK THE NECROSWORD, THE ANNIHILABLADE, THE SLICER OF W
    My only salient opinion on swords:

https://youtu.be/VtJUHGjVm0E

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    other
    How did we make it this far without anyone mentioning hook swords?

nil5xcs5sdu4.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    other

nil5xcs5sdu4.jpg

I believe Veldrin already did on like the first page.

• Options
    other

nil5xcs5sdu4.jpg

I believe Veldrin already did on like the first page.

Well... He doesn't count

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    other
    Also, on the subject of sabres, I like the Russian Shaska, a small to medium sized sabre with no guard, but a short length of rope or chain and a heavy striking weight instead of a pommel. Also quite a narrow and thin blade for very high maneuverability, but still just strong enough for a little stabbing and thrusting.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah man, I'm not trying to shit on you, lots of people even in Canada have the exact same attitude you have with trueswords but with firearms, at least your shit taps out at like fifty bucks and will probably break before dealing death

yeah it's not really logically consistent of me

UgBAHvZl.jpg
    i have a pair of these in the house

v0RS0ZEl.jpg
    andI have a nerf gun in my house that looks like a toy version of a tacticool gun

YHVcH6ml.jpg
    but then this airsoft gun is waaaaaaaaay past my limit, and I would never even hold one for fear of it being mistaken for a real gun

YOvn3mZl.jpg
    and I still side-eye the We Are Horny For Guns stuff

which is like, barely a half step away from this shit

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Urumi, the wiggliest sword
    I like the Keyblade because it fits the goofy Final Disney aesthetic the series has going on. Of course that would be a weapon. It’s very silly, but that’s what makes it fit in in context.

It also does have rad magic powers. The cutting edge appears to be magic, and it can unlock nearly anything that can be conceived as “closed”.

Plus, it teleports back to the owner’s hand if it’s separated from him, which means you can exploit that to throw your sword at the enemy and not have that be a completely awfull idea.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    a light sabre
    Enlong wrote: »
    I like the Keyblade because it fits the goofy Final Disney aesthetic the series has going on. Of course that would be a weapon. It’s very silly, but that’s what makes it fit in in context.

It also does have rad magic powers. The cutting edge appears to be magic, and it can unlock nearly anything that can be conceived as “closed”.

Plus, it teleports back to the owner’s hand if it’s separated from him, which means you can exploit that to throw your sword at the enemy and not have that be a completely awfull idea.

Also, the Keyblade has plenty of non-combat uses, too.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    ECn6NgU.jpg
    63IQHJF.png
    RwRnBKn.png
    HKftonHl.png
    MZrYoMy.png
    KXBXHxu.png
    FLblJS9.jpg

I don't know which of these are real and which are jokes/fan creations

Brolo on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Those twisted three bladed stabbing daggers are often marketed as being like, Nazi paratrooper knives or whatever horseshit too. Like Wehraboos love that shit

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Luckily for them the retail market for young white fans of mid-century German militarism has never been livelier

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    There is also a very large market of people buying customised tactical boarspears or whatever the fuck because due to numerous convictions they aren't able to own a gun and therefore they need another ostentatious matt black urban combat killing implement to shore up their delicate masculinity

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    To be quite certain I am a weapons pervert myself I just have excellent taste and discretion

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    other
    Brolo wrote: »
    ECn6NgU.jpg
    63IQHJF.png
    RwRnBKn.png
    HKftonHl.png
    MZrYoMy.png
    KXBXHxu.png
    FLblJS9.jpg

They're all fuckin jokes

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    other
    The bottom pic is all of the blades from Kingdom Hearts 3

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Brolo wrote: »
    ECn6NgU.jpg
    63IQHJF.png
    RwRnBKn.png
    HKftonHl.png
    MZrYoMy.png
    KXBXHxu.png
    FLblJS9.jpg

Every single one is real.

* The basic Kingdom Key
    * The “Chi Blade” (yes it’s a genuinely terrible pun)
    * Unnamed blade used in a combo attack in KH3D
    * KHIII’s version of Ultima Weapon
    * Gull Wing, gifted by a trio of FFX-2 characters
    * Oathkeeper and Oblivion, a light and dark themed pair.
    * All the non-Ultima Keyblades in KHIII

Enlong on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The Keyblade is extremely stupid but I like it

I should probably just move on to KH2 and play it on easy, because Ansem in KH1 can eat my butt

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    other
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The Keyblade is extremely stupid but I like it

I should probably just move on to KH2 and play it on easy, because Ansem in KH1 can eat my butt

The final boss or the hidden boss in Hollow Bastion?

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Someday there will be a Kingdom Hearts: Complete package right? I want to eventually play all the games but it would involved owning like 5 different platforms.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Getting killed by Gullwing is probably one of the most humilliating way you could go as a villain

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Getting killed by Gullwing is probably one of the most humilliating way you could go as a villain

Even worse is Sweet Memories.

• Options
    other
    Enlong wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »

Even worse is Sweet Memories.

Nothing would top Kingdom Key, just for the knowledge that you were so basic Sora didn't even bother using his best weapons

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Someday there will be a Kingdom Hearts: Complete package right? I want to eventually play all the games but it would involved owning like 5 different platforms.

They literally packaged up all the games that weren't mobile games before KH3 in one collection for PS4.

• Options

I still love this dumb tweet

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

They literally packaged up all the games that weren't mobile games before KH3 in one collection for PS4.

but some of the mobile ones are super important! (or did you mean phone)

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    other
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

but some of the mobile ones are super important! (or did you mean phone)

The phone one is just baffling and I'm not sure if it had all the most crucial plot info or was pure waffle. Or both