As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I played quite a bit of SRL. I was a piece of shit playing it too, if I didn't get way out in front off the bat, I was hitting people and knocking them off the course and stuff to get out in front. I remember cackling about it, then joining some people here, I forget who, who were fairly incensed that someone had used those tactics. I quietly went back to playing SRL solo shortly thereafter! That one track with the windmill was my fav, you could just hose people so bad in that section.

I typically don't give a toss about racing games, but when SRL came around I was actively paying attention to how to approach corners, jumps, etc, where to skip jumps, where to take them, and so on.

It was kinda fun, but I'm sure on their side of things they can look at the engagement and say, "Man, basically no one fuckin' played SRL and we sank so many hours into it."

Nosf on
    edited September 2019

whoops, double.

Nosf on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    WAIT THEY EXTENDED MOMENTS OF TRIUMPH BUT NOT THE SEAL? FUCK

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    To be fair, we've had a long ass time to get it done. I put it off pretty hard and got it done in the last 2 weeks with minimal effort

I looked at the Gambit armor and was like, "Naaaaaaah." I think I have every other one.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I haven't posted much in here, but figure you guys might be interested in a thing I made.

I sort of started down this path like a year or two ago, and had lots of mistakes and figuring out the best way to do things.
    Think this turned out pretty good. I have another one in walnut that's almost done as well.

PSN: jfrofl
    Damn

Nice grenade

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    WAIT THEY EXTENDED MOMENTS OF TRIUMPH BUT NOT THE SEAL? FUCK

Moments of Triumph is the Seal, so I assume you mean Solstice of Heroes? Yeah, they extended the time to get the Seal, but not the Solstice event

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Fuck, I had dates confused
    They delayed Shadowkeep until the 1st and extended the MoT until the 17th. I thought they extended the MoT until October 1st as well. Welp.

• DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    I looked at the Gambit armor and was like, "Naaaaaaah." I think I have every other one.

It actually turned out not to be too terrible to get the full set of notorious, provided you could get a group together for T3 reckoning for 7 or so runs. It was a tad frustrating having people duck out after 1 run.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Is the Season essentially going until Oct 1st for seasonal tasks and triumphs? Like "Complete X whatevers in Season 7" ?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So two nights of Reckoning farming, this is my best Spare Rations right now:
    Chambered Compensatior / Hammerforged | Ricochet rounds / Light mag | Fourth Times the Charm | Multikill Clip

With a range masterwork. Should I settle, or keep going? Maybe try for an even better barrel, or rapid hit over FTTC

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Catalase wrote: »
    So two nights of Reckoning farming, this is my best Spare Rations right now:
    Chambered Compensatior / Hammerforged | Ricochet rounds / Light mag | Fourth Times the Charm | Multikill Clip

With a range masterwork. Should I settle, or keep going? Maybe try for an even better barrel, or rapid hit over FTTC

I would say that FTTC and Multikill Clip don't really go together well. Kill Clip, multi or otherwise, really wants a perk to bump up it's reload.

I'd say it's a solid roll though.

shryke on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Is arrowhead brake worthwhile on Spare Rations?

It gives me 130 recoil direction!

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Is arrowhead brake worthwhile on Spare Rations?

It gives me 130 recoil direction!

No, direction maxes at 100.
    LKwWUNV.png
    (https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/ae6r61/how_the_recoil_direction_stat_works_xpost_from/)

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Damn, doesn't look like I'm going to make it on Hush. These season long weapon grinds are a lot.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    The changes that they're making for glory come Shadowkeep were enough to make me check my progress on all of the Crucible pinnacle weapons. Much to my surprise, the only non-Fabled / 3500 glory steps I have to complete for Luna + Revoker + Recluse are the sniper kills (only 40 left) and the 100 hand cannon headshots.

So I guess I'm going finally buckle down and get to 3500/Fabled next season. If the new Crucible pinnacle weapon is interesting, I'll definitely add that to the to-do list. What weapon type is left for them to do? Fusion Rifle? Sidearm?

PSN: strangerfork
    edited September 2019
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Damn, doesn't look like I'm going to make it on Hush. These season long weapon grinds are a lot.

I don't think you lose progress on hush when the season flips. You'd still have the quest and your progress.
    lakhesis wrote: »
    The changes that they're making for glory come Shadowkeep were enough to make me check my progress on all of the Crucible pinnacle weapons. Much to my surprise, the only non-Fabled / 3500 glory steps I have to complete for Luna + Revoker + Recluse are the sniper kills (only 40 left) and the 100 hand cannon headshots.

So I guess I'm going finally buckle down and get to 3500/Fabled next season. If the new Crucible pinnacle weapon is interesting, I'll definitely add that to the to-do list. What weapon type is left for them to do? Fusion Rifle? Sidearm?

Scout.

Nosf on
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

As far as pinnacle weapons go:

Vanguard has had Fusion Rifle, Scout Rifle, and Grenade Launcher.

Gambit has had Auto Rifle, HMG, and Bow.

Crucible has had Pulse Rifle, Hand Cannon, SMG, and Sniper Rifle.

So unless we're retreading ground for any of those, I think that leaves us with Shotgun, Linear Fusion, Sword, and Rocket Launcher that haven't had a pinnacle weapon yet. I might be forgetting some weapon types though.

Edit: Also the oft-forgotten sidearm.

Dys on
  • DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular

It'll probably be another HC. ;-)

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

You don't lose progress on Pinnacle quests when the Season resets. There are a couple weird cases like ones that require a reset have to have that reset in the season where you finish it, but other than that things should more or less carry over. Particularly Hush which is just "get a certain amount of stuff."

• lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    I'd forgotten more weapon types than I thought! I would be very into a Crucible pinnacle shotgun, fusion, sidearm or scout rifle, though I can see a poorly thought out pinnacle shotgun devolving into a Felwinter's Lie situation.

If it's another hand cannon, I'll laughsob and probably do it anyway. The most daunting part of these quests for me is the glory climb, it would be silly to hit the requirements and then not finish the other steps for the new one.

PSN: strangerfork
    I'm salivating over the idea of a Sidearm with Recluse-like perks

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I will be very surprised if Recluse doesn't eat a nerf. Mountaintop, too. Maybe even Loaded Question, as much as that bums me out because I fucking adore Loaded Question.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I will be very surprised if Recluse doesn't eat a nerf. Mountaintop, too. Maybe even Loaded Question, as much as that bums me out because I fucking adore Loaded Question.

The removal of auto fill from the magazine effects was the nerf to Loaded Question. Other than that it seems reasonably balanced yet fun as a trash and major trash killing machine.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'm kind of chuckling in spite of myself at a sidearm called Oft Forgotten, now.

Yeah not sure about Mountaintop, but Recluse does seem likely. I still think the best nerf would be making it so the gun itself can't triggger MoA, but swapping after using the primary to kill should activate

squall99x wrote: »

The removal of auto fill from the magazine effects was the nerf to Loaded Question. Other than that it seems reasonably balanced yet fun as a trash and major trash killing machine.

I agree that it's not imbalanced, I just worry because they're toning down weapon power levels across the board and a gun that deletes orange bars and all red bars in a 3 mile radius with 1 shot seems like something they might decide is too strong moving forward. But we'll see!

On another note, I think the change to Tractor Cannon is a really positive one, because now people will no longer feel like they've got a suboptimal loadout if they haven't farmed IB for a field prep + spike grenades Swarm of the Raven. Any of the Aggressive frame GLs will do.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I really don't think you'll see a direct Mountaintop nerf because the nerf to Lunafactions and Rally Barricades is basically a Mountaintop nerf

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So it looks like frigid jackal is still one of the best PvP snipers

I spent like two hours grinding for it last night. I thought the patch notes said I should get a schematic 1/4 caches but I did like 12-15 and only got one.

Seems like they lied

616610-1.png
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

Mountaintop won't be getting nerfed. I forget where I read it, but someone said flat out "there are no changes to Grenade Launchers coming with Shadowkeep."

Also, I don't remember if they had to change the SRL record book requirement, but it's listed as "Complete Sparrow Races," not win or place or anything. I ... loved SRL. I didn't get to play it as much as I wanted, but I made sure to finish out the book.

lstuugyt7q5p.jpg

Also, this is one of my fondest memories:

https://youtu.be/fUvKCowa8wM

Fawst on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Ooh, speculation for sandbox changes and weapon predictions for today's TWAB - GO

Nerfs -
    Recluse nerf - it's absolutely got to happen
    Erentil
    Some sorta hand-cannon tweak

Buffs -
    Scouts / Autos buff - seems like it'll happen since they are some of the least used archetypes
    Tarrabah - I don't even have one, but I pray for a buff when I eventually do get one in 2021
    Sniper precision damage - Go Go Gadget Izanagi's Burden

Pinnacles -
    Crucible Sword
    Vanguard Sidearm
    Gambit Scout

Or maybe just 3 handcannons cause Destiny.

Hopes and dreams -
    A Lumina Buff
    A Redrix buff
    An exotic sword that will trigger your melee ability when it is charged (yes I have no idea how this would work for some melee abilities, whatever, Bungie will figure it out)

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So it looks like frigid jackal is still one of the best PvP snipers

I spent like two hours grinding for it last night. I thought the patch notes said I should get a schematic 1/4 caches but I did like 12-15 and only got one.

Seems like they lied

It was what I pulled from my collections and did all of the Revoker sniper kills with.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    Fawst wrote: »

Mountaintop won't be getting nerfed. I forget where I read it, but someone said flat out "there are no changes to Grenade Launchers coming with Shadowkeep."

Dmg04 tweeted that, but he also clarified later that that was based on doing a ctrl-f in the internal patch notes for "grenade launchers" and getting zero results. Doesn't mean specific ones or perks aren't going to get nerfed. But we'll see!

Fawst wrote: »

Also, I don't remember if they had to change the SRL record book requirement, but it's listed as "Complete Sparrow Races," not win or place or anything. I ... loved SRL. I didn't get to play it as much as I wanted, but I made sure to finish out the book.

*snip*

Also, this is one of my fondest memories:

*snip*

The original SRL record book required 10 first place finishes on each of the two maps. I... played quite a bit of SRL:

First Event:
    mTEzwwfl.png

Second Event:
    boL26Tul.png

vq2TEKC.png
    Where are you pulling those stats?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Looks like DIM.

Where are you pulling those stats?

DIM. Switch over to your D1 account from the menu, then click the Record Books tab

vq2TEKC.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I really don't think you'll see a direct Mountaintop nerf because the nerf to Lunafactions and Rally Barricades is basically a Mountaintop nerf

Yeah, I'm thinking at the least they are gonna see how the removal of instant-reload mechanics effects a lot of things before nerfing them.