As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Up Job wrote: »
    I ain't got any 4/5 star lancers, casters, or avengers, so any recommendations on who to pick?

Lancers
    Lalter is easier plug and play with a very strong Buster AoE NP with two additional effects and a strong skill-focused skillset. Li Shuwen is a single targe Arts/crit servant who is for Arts-looping with arts/crit supports and does unavoidable damage (pierces invincibility, doge, and all defense buffs). Of the two, LAlter is easier plug and play but both are really good.

Casters
    Helena is a strong budget-Waver. Casgil is one of the best Arts/Crit support casters in the game. Nitocris is mostly only for farming, but is a super super super good at being a farmer. Even the other three pickable casters have their appeal. You can't go wrong here.

Avengers
    Gorgon is a Buster/Crit Avenger with an AoE NP. Her only weakness is basically needing a Star Absorb CE until a much later Rank Up Quest. And the fact that you're not often fighting groups of Rulers (though sometimes you fight them in a party with other characters).
    Hessian Lobo is a Quick/Crit Avenger with a Single-Target NP and Buff Removal. He'll be much stronger once Skadi comes out. Until then he's good, but lacks strong support.
    Both have two Arts cards. Gorgon has better NP gain off her Arts cards. Lobo has better NP gain off of everything else.

I know this doesn't narrow it down much but there's not a lot of bad picks.

---
    And because this got BotP'd.
    PSA: Once Nerofest is over and we have a dead week.

Please, please, do your Interlude and Rank Up Quests for the Servants you have on Support. Especially the Noble Phantasm ones.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I ain't got any 4/5 star lancers, casters, or avengers, so any recommendations on who to pick?

Helena has a party NP gauge up, which is always nice. Also an AoE NP, if you don't even have Halloween Lis.

Also your signature is very sad now @Butler For Life #1.

uyvfOQy.png
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Being out of the country (I'll do an F/GO Arcade post later when I have time) has meant I have not done any Nerofest, which is kind of ok since there's not much to be had aside from skill mats and a billion embers, but also means I miss out on Nero's unique costume.

Course, I don't even have Nero so it's kind of moot.

But I could grab her from the upcoming 4* thing. I do not need a Saber but it's either her or Artoria Alter.

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm. Gorgon NP2 is one option. Otherwise, I dunno. Saberlot NP2? Someone I don't have...? Eh.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna go Lancer Alter just because I don't have an AoE lancer

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Helena has a party NP gauge up, which is always nice. Also an AoE NP, if you don't even have Halloween Lis.

Also your signature is very sad now @Butler For Life #1.

Oh I guess it's a hosting issue?

...I set this signature years ago. Not sure if I still have the file, even. Hm.

Yeah, I think tinypic is going away entirely. People on another forum mentioned losing a lot of their avatars and signatures to it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y32RFxWiyZM

I wonder if Kotarou, Tomoe, and Amakusa are gonna get shown in any flashbacks in the anime since they all died off-screen before we get there in the game.

Also, is everyone prepared for the Fate/Granblue/Azure Lane anime wars? All have a show this upcoming season.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    My brain says Tristan, Nero, or Rama. My heart says Lalter, Nito, or Gorgon. My memes say definitely not Nero.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Spectrum wrote: »
    My brain says Tristan, Nero, or Rama. My heart says Lalter, Nito, or Gorgon. My memes say definitely not Nero.

Defy your destiny, destroy your fate, pick Nero and reach out for your freedom!

Madican on
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    In case you want to get a Servant who you can't just get spooked by later, here's a list of the current story-locked 4*s:

Saber
    Altria Pendragon (Alter)
    Nero
    Gawain
    Archer
    Tristan
    Emiya (Alter)
    Lancer
    Altria Pendragon (Lancer) (Alter)
    Li Shuwen
    Caster
    Medea (Lily)
    Thomas Edison
    Avenger
    Gorgon

Remember, if you want one of these otherwise then you'll need to wait for their rate-up (or roll on the story banner, you absolute madman). Luckily singularity banners are pretty common.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Definitely grabbing myself an avenger. Still can't decide which one, but that means I'll have every class covered until foreigners come out.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I'll be snagging Gorgon, since I took doggo from this on my JP account. And I don't really see me rolling for any avengers any time soon.

Somewhat considering taking Saber Alter just because I like her and oddly don't have her on either account.

I'm not really sure what to pick. Do I go for Li Shuwen to actually have a ST Lancer who isn't Cu Chulainn? CasGil for the arts crit? Nero to finish off my list of launch 4*s?

Or do I just pick Herc to get him to NP5 and call it a day? Or do the same for Stheno?

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Definitely don't pick a servant you have at NP4. (Unless they're your favorite and you're doing it for that reason).

edited September 2019
    Merlin's gonna be the solo rateup for a full week until the banner starts rotating. Gonna have to wait a week till I get to try and fail at LArtoria and LAlter again. Might wait to spend my ticket and see if I get lucky there.
    (I'm not going to get lucky.)

vagrant_winds on
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I guess thats the end of Nerofest for me, 33 boxes opened, 60 more will be opened next week. I finished all challenge quests from Revival, but only 3 new ones - without Waver and Merlin of my own I just couldn't do much. Also, gimmicks were just irritating me, and I didn't want to waste even more time for 4 tickets and 2 lores.

And tommorow is a big day, as it's Merlin, Salter and Lalter banner. My warchest is ready....

Asthariel on
    I am now completely out of quartz, experience cards, and caster skill gems, but I did manage to get Merlin and another copy of Lobo. Is this karma for the hundreds of quartz I spent last christmas?

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Could be. I pulled Lalter from this banner, so I'll be grabbing Nito with the guaranteed ticket. Won't be able to throw more quartz at Merlin until the 20th, but it's just as well.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    I slacked a bit these past couple of days and didn't quite hit my 10 daily box quota, but after all's said and done it looks like I'll be opening about halfway through Box 143.

As a tradeoff I passed up around six tickets but to me those materials are well worth it. I go hard on the lottos so I can relax the rest of the time and the next one isn't until Christmas.

This is basically my record on lottos. Box 20.

Some of you are nuts.

I was kind of half-assing it since other things had me busy, so I only got 18ish boxes. I'll probably do better when Christmas comes around.

edited September 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    This is basically my record on lottos. Box 20.

Some of you are nuts.

I basically had 3T 5CFM teams set up a week in advance for all three rounds, so it didn't take nearly as much effort as you might think. If I'd gone super hard I could have cleared 300 easy. Especially with the Surfing Mordred comp in Round 3

Madican on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I thought I was half assing it with only ten lottos done. Just wanted the golden fous and done.

Also, I'm part of that club now.
    F3lDixg.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I tried to fool my desire sensor by focusing on getting Saber Alter (so I would get Merlin accidentally while failing to get her).

In the end I spent 107 tickets and 390 SQ, which got me:

3x Ideal Holy King
    2x Origin Bullet
    1x Victor of the Moon
    1x Devilish Bodhisattva
    1x Before Awakening
    1x Kaleidoscope (!) (it's my first one)
    3x Imaginary Element (I just need one more to MLB it)
    2x Saber Alter
    1x Ibaraki (NP2)
    1x Merlin (! ! !)

aaaaaaaand

5x Lancer Altria Alter

Guess desire sensor managed to play a joke on me anyway!

Please, more jokes like that.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Am I blind? I received the SR ticket from the box and now I don't know where to use it?

EDIT: completely missed on the news page that you can't exchange it until 9-15

AtomicTofu on
    Lol, I was throwing the summon tickets they put up in Da Vinci's store at the Merlin banner and got Lalter so now I gotta figure out another SR to use my ticket on

I want to try for Lancer Artoria but we're just a short time away from Hokusai

Im really happy that I've got Lancer Artoria during my first GSSR in January, she was irreplacable during my Nerofest farming.

And now, with all the spoils that came out of it, I can finally 10/10/10 her. Im already giving her Golden Fous, I wonder if I should grail her at some point. I did not use any of collected Grails yet...

Still havent decided to to make my first golden fou target, they're just sitting around still...

All my Gold Fous are going to Dantes because he's my favorite

I was thinking of saving my Golden Fous for MHXX but today I threw them all onto the OG MHX.

I will have the strongest MHX out there. Roar. Bring me a Skadi.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Just did a 10-roll and my southern hemisphere Artoria is now NP2.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Got fuck all off my tickets trying to get either NP2 Lalter or my first Salter

Now the tough decisions

I have every 4* except... Salter, Nero, Gawain, Suzuka, Demiya, Nursery Rhyme, Assassin of the Nightless City, and Berserker of El Dorado

So some pretty cool options, not a lot of actual strong options mechanically

I could always just NP level someone also

Maddoc on
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Didn't have any quartz left after rolling for Bryn, but I spent the five tickets in hopes of getting an Alter. Immediately got spooked by Fionn, and then got... Merlin.

Sure, okay.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I would have laughed so hard if I got Merlin for a third time, considering how largely useless NP levels are for him

edited September 2019
    I am so happy that the 2x super/great chance was immediately after Nerofest this year. I don't have to do any mailbox management, just stuff 250 gold in the Second Archive then Accept All as I force feed embers into everyone

Madican on
    I think, with a little rate up luck, by the end of the week every servant will be max level.

Leveled up a few skills. Whoops, I'm poor again.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited September 2019
    We're always QP Poor. Grinding out some bones to ascend one more of my gold servants and then it'll be the QP mines for me. I wanna max Sherlock and Jeanne's skills and then build a stockpile.

Nerofest was good to me. My goal was Shop Clear + 60 boxes. I hit Shop Clear + 85 boxes in the end. And I still don't have enough skill gems for some classes. At this point though I've max leveled everyone I'm not material blocked on Bones, Seeds, and Crystals. I also need at least 100 more damn Shells for skills for some key servants now.

Hopefully everyone who wanted Brynhildr got her, as she's super good as that was the 2nd of the only 3 rate ups she's ever had in the game so far and your next chance isn't until next year.

vagrant_winds on