As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    One question: can you customize and personalize your agents? Like rename them or redesign them if you want to?

Yes. Like I say, it's an AA game with AA graphics so don't expect something quite on the order of XCOM, but there are different body types, a dozen faces, lots of clothing options ranging from military/paramilitary to casual street clothes to early-80s fashion (I had a femme fatalle lady who wore big sunglasses and a big floppy sun hat) to dark g-man suits. There's also a decent amount of very late 70s/early 80s permed hair.

oh and yes, names/voices/etc (including nationalities) are all changeable.

In fact, you have to change them if a character accrues too much Heat (law enforcement attention gained by getting into gunfights in missions, harming civilians, etc).

rRwz9.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    actually, here, let me just go ahead and post my squad

Yz8Crbs.png

I feel like my dude (deadpan) has the perfect slightly roguish but nondescript spy look, argus is his stolid right-hand man with a shotty for when things get serious, mercury is the elegant lady spy in the big hat, poodle is the like car mechanic kind of lady, and durand is the hot bad boy

gemini is a conspiracy agent i brainwashed so I think he speaks in a monotone and creeps everyone out

rRwz9.gif
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Wow, holy shit is that an XCOM mission prep screen.

Not a knock against this game, just makes me chuckle.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    If you go to where you died, there will be a ghostly blue image of yourself with the 8 symbol thingy (it will show up on your map too as a red 8 symbol) and you can interact with it to remove guilt. There are also occasionally huge statues you can interact with that remove guilt (they have their own room, like the mea culpa room). Those also show up on the map once you find them.

Also, as far as I can tell you don't lose anything on death, I just see thorns creep up the fervor meter.
    Maybe it reduces your max fervor until you remove all guilt? I'm not sure exactly

Yeah, I know about picking up the ghosts, but if its on instadeath spikes there's no way to get it (until you get something that lets you survive that, I guess).

I went east from the starting town and eventually found that statue that you can pay to remove your guilt so that fixed that.

Every time I've died from falling into a pit/onto spikes my guilt ghost is left next to the pit/spikes where I can easily get it. Maybe you're bugged?

JtgVX0H.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Are those bottom slots for surveillance and snipers?

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Are those bottom slots for surveillance and snipers?

yup!

they can also be used for, that I've found

- guys with grenade launchers or smoke mines
    - "cleaners" to pick up after your mission so you don't get any Heat from gun battles, dead civilians etc
    - a helicopter pilot to pick you up off the roof

rRwz9.gif
    Wow, I didn't notice this:

"Choad" is right.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    That seems pretty definitive to me. You don't wear an iron cross on your hoody's lapel in a video about "oops I didn't give money to a jewish charity like I promised tee hee" by accident. He actively and consciously identifies himself with the ideals represented by the nazi party that held power in germany during world war 2. He's completely 100% a nazi.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The internet fascists were "umm, actually it is a Bolnisi cross" when he hot flack for wearing that jacket previously.

People who find it odd that a Nordic person would wear clothing with a Georgian cross on it and maybe it is being used because it is close to a more infamous cross are pretty much everybody but the internet fascists.

Couscous on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    stupid people trying to express that he's too stupid to know what he's doing by showing that's not stupid enough he knows exactly what he's doing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I was just painting random lines on this badge and it just happened to look like a swastika, okay

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    So Conarium is free on the Epic store this week, and next week it looks like possibly multiple Batman games. Here's the fullsize teaser image, linked for largeness.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I commented on a Jablinksi Games video that making vids with confirmed neo-nazi PewDiePie was NOT a good look, and whoops I got 100+ replies of PDP fanbois calling me all sorts of names and telling me to prove that PDP was in fact a neo-nazi, because "he's never done anything racist ever", so yeah that was fun...

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hey did that new Desperados game come out? Has anyone played it? Cuz I sure did like the first one. I had to cheat to win the final mission though. That game was so friggin hard sometimes.

Did you like Eurotruck Simulator and American Truck simulator but wanted more of a story? You are in luck!

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/drive-big-rigs-to-honour-your-father-in-truck-driver
    Truck Driver's latest trailer has the air of a corny sitcom, which is only reinforced by the sim's setup. You've inherited a truck from your father, moved to a new town and now you've got to use your trucking skills to earn respect from a colourful cast of characters. And also do some crimes, apparently.

Forging ties with the local community will involve a bit of shady business, according to the trailer, including smuggling "bananas" and getting rid of a trailer to help a guy with a pile of debt. It's perhaps not the healthiest way to make friends, but there will also be plenty of legal gigs for you to take on.

Characters, like Sven, the sexy lumberjack, will offer better jobs as your relationship improves, and helping out the locals also expands the town. Maybe it's just because Sven's chest can't be contained by his shirt, but I'm getting dating sim vibes and I very much approve.

https://youtu.be/MEJwZjJ5z6w
    Enjoy a trucking experience focused on your career as a truck driver
    Build stronger relationships with the local community with each job
    Customize your truck with tons of parts and tune it to your liking
    Explore a vast open world and watch it progress with you
    Navigate through diverse landscapes and interesting locations

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh I'll smuggle a banana to Sven alright

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I commented on a Jablinksi Games video that making vids with confirmed neo-nazi PewDiePie was NOT a good look, and whoops I got 100+ replies of PDP fanbois calling me all sorts of names and telling me to prove that PDP was in fact a neo-nazi, because "he's never done anything racist ever", so yeah that was fun...

Didn't he "accidentally" say the N word while playing PUBG, "apologize", and then "accidentally" do so again like two days later?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So Conarium is free on the Epic store this week, and next week it looks like possibly multiple Batman games. Here's the fullsize teaser image, linked for largeness.
    Thats just an already existing promo image DC has been using for Batman's 80th anniversary this year

Doesn't mean it won't be multiple games but it doesn't mean anything on its own

CYpGAPn.png
    edited September 2019
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I was just painting random lines on this badge and it just happened to look like a swastika, okay

It is amusing because the picture of the clothing collection being used to prove it is just love of Georgian culture on the part of PewDiePie is this:
    DKdPAvP.jpg?1

https://jam-news.net/georgian-designer-demna-gvasalias-personal-collection-on-the-dark-90s-abkhaz-war/
    Demna Gvasalia is a Georgian fashion designer, the creative director of Balenciaga and head designer of Vetements. The SS19 collection was entitled Family and War reflecting Gvasalia’s childhood back in Georgia as well as the country’s current events.
    A popular designer in the fashion world, Gvasalia often stresses that he was born in Sukhumi. During the military conflict his family had to flee their homes along with other Georgians. It was these memories that inspired him to create this fashion collection.
    Vetements also announced an app which can scan QR-codes on the garments which provides information on the events that took place in Abkhazia in 1992.
    There are many Georgian language pieces in the collection. Georgian words and slogans such as ‘Enough’ and ‘God forgive us’ adorned hoodies, sweatshirts and bomber jackets. The latter phrase is an ironic reference to the controversial actions of the church in Georgia.
    If you don't think that at least maybe people might mistake you for a Nazi at first glance in some of that clothing rather than immediately thinking of a fashion collection meant to evoke Georgian nationalism and the 1992 ethnic cleansing of Georgians in Abkhazia, I don't know what to say.

Couscous on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Didn't he "accidentally" say the N word while playing PUBG, "apologize", and then "accidentally" do so again like two days later?

Indeed!

He also paid someone $5 to hold up a sign that read 'death to all Jews' and afterwards claimed it was "just a joke bro, calm down, it's just a joke, I don't REALLY want all Jews to die" except this was after he'd already been called on multiple instances of objective racism in his output.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Watched that System Shock 3 pre-alpha trailer.

It said a "mysterious disaster" befell the space station, but I think, and this is just a hunch, but I think SHODAN did it

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Probably evil brain monkeys.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I hate those little psychic jerks

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

It said a "mysterious disaster" befell the space station, but I think, and this is just a hunch, but I think SHODAN did it

actually as it turns out the REAL monster was Poor Password Security, that's how SHODAN got free in the first place!

make sure to change your passwords regularly, folks!

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

actually as it turns out the REAL monster was Poor Password Security, that's how SHODAN got free in the first place!

make sure to change your passwords regularly, folks!

Actually (ackchually), members of both the and the NCSC and the FTC recommend against regular automatic password expiration, for a couple of reasons listed but including the fact that demanding users change their passwords frequently often means users get lazy with the passwords - often only bothering to make the most bare-assed minimum of changes required to their existing password that the system will allow, making future password changes easy to predict anyway.

I can't imagine a rogue AI would have too much trouble predicting lazy users' lazy password changes.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    We have a system at work that has the password expire every 20 days and also has incredibly strict requirements (can't be longer than 9 characters, must have at least 2 numbers and special character but only certain special characters) and yeah that 100% checks out

CYpGAPn.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My school one has a number at the end and I just rotate through the numbers when I have to change it. But then no one can do anything with my account. I have no gradebook or access to anything so have fun?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My school one has a number at the end and I just rotate through the numbers when I have to change it. But then no one can do anything with my account. I have no gradebook or access to anything so have fun?

This is what literally everyone on the planet does when they have to change their password every 1-3 months

It would be impossible to remember otherwise

Blankzilla wrote: »
    password [...] can't be longer than 9 characters
    I always assume that systems like this are designed by infiltrators from opposing governments, sent in to cause chaos and discord.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Maximum password lengths make me suspect they are stored in plain text in a database field with fixed length, instead of hashing them.

broken image link
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I just use a password manager, sure my security system is bottlenecked, screw it

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I use a password manager for personal stuff, sure

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Man, Blasphemous is like, hard

That Edras fucker made my brains hurt

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Got some unexpected Birthday money so it's finally time to get an Oculus Quest! They have one at the local best buy so picking it up tomorrow, and downloading beat saber tonight so it's ready to rock.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Hey did that new Desperados game come out? Has anyone played it? Cuz I sure did like the first one. I had to cheat to win the final mission though. That game was so friggin hard sometimes.

It did not come out yet, and considering that it's release date is still set on 2019 on Steam (with no info about the month) this late into a year, I suspect it's release will be postponed until 2020.

If you like this kind of games, check Shadow Tactics, if you did not play it yet. It was made by a studio that's making Desperados III.

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Man, Blasphemous is like, hard

That Edras fucker made my brains hurt

I beat him yesterday, and that's the most tries I've needed for a boss so far.

MrGrimoire on
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    I want to play borderlands 3 3because I quite enjoyed 2, but I flat out do not want to hear hardwick's voice.
    Does he voice a player character who you can go the game without hearing if you choose, or is he an NPC who you would have to hear no matter what?

He's not one of the vault hunters, but I have trouble seeing his Tales From The Borderlands character being like an integral part of the story. That said, you will probably hear him for some amount of time if you play the game.

Well shit.
    Maybe someone could make a mod at some point to delete certain voice lines. Until then, back to wow classic.

Update: He's literally the second NPC you meet. So... yeah.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I want to play borderlands 3 3because I quite enjoyed 2, but I flat out do not want to hear hardwick's voice.
    Does he voice a player character who you can go the game without hearing if you choose, or is he an NPC who you would have to hear no matter what?

He's not one of the vault hunters, but I have trouble seeing his Tales From The Borderlands character being like an integral part of the story. That said, you will probably hear him for some amount of time if you play the game.

Well shit.
    Maybe someone could make a mod at some point to delete certain voice lines. Until then, back to wow classic.

Update: He's literally the second NPC you meet. So... yeah.

I never played Tales, is he the guy who keeps calling me Bro? Because I got no beef with Hardwick, but I find that character to be annoying in general

This discussion has been closed.