As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    *sulks in daemon*

Didn't nurgle daemons get all new dudes last year and tzeentch just before that?

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Lots of new plastic daemons... I just really want to see codex updates. Outside the meta stuff, lots of the codex is pretty meh.

Many many armies deserve new plastic ahead of daemons. I just want to see rules updates.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Got my Aeoronautica Imperialis box, opened it up. It looks really cool and I can't wait to put it all together.

I saw all the options for construction and I thought "oh sweet, look at all the options" and then I thought "oh no, look at all the options"

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    All the options are pretty much just the underwing ordnance though, right?
    Only the T-bolt/Fury conversion is integral to the airframe.

Unless you mean the Ork variants in which case they don’t actually make a difference in-game and you can literally stick them together in whatever order and still get a dakkajet at the end.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    oh yeah, I know it's pretty much all cosmetic

but I don't know how I want them all to look!

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I just assembled all the noses, fuselages, and tails separately then pulled out one of each from the pile of assemblies at random. Maybe later I’ll pay more attention to avoid duplication later but for the first few it seems to work out.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards annihilation of everyone who stands in the way of the resurgence of th Aeldari Empire!
    PsyAwk-Sep09-ExarchBanshee-m18co.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/09/psychic-awakening-the-first-prophecygw-homepage-post-4/

Different Exarch Powers are back!

PsyAwk-Sep09-YnnariBanshee-bn16ch.jpg
    Maskless aspect warriors are getting a bit of a retcon. It used to be that they didn't need their helmet to put on their psychological war mask, now it's an Ynnari thing.

honovere on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm actually kind of surprised at how much I don't like the maskless version of the Exarch?

Exarch Powers sound kind of interesting, though. I'm curious to hear more about those.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Just having big hair without the hairknob might've been nicer.

Nice detail: Th rune on the stomach and the maskless Exarch's face is the one from Jain' Zar's shoulder pad, I think.

I hope this kit finally has a triskele for the Exarch, too.

Judging from the model the Exarch might keep her pistol with every weapons combination.

honovere on
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Maskless aspect warriors are getting a bit of a retcon. It used to be that they didn't need their helmet to put on their psychological war mask, now it's an Ynnari thing.

Why not both? Some Craftworld Exarchs are so lost they can’t take off the mask even when they do, and Ynnari Exarchs are just weirdos.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Thats a nice looking model. I’m iffy about the helmetless version, but if they ever go back to letting Autarchs mix and match war gear it could come in handy. Plus side is that BFG won’t be coming out anytime soon, so that limits the pain on the wallet.

God help me if they go made to order on metal battleships though.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    on phone, but they put up the Iron Hands preview on the community

• Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    on phone, but they put up the Iron Hands preview on the community

I got you covered

• Options
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Thats a nice looking model. I’m iffy about the helmetless version, but if they ever go back to letting Autarchs mix and match war gear it could come in handy. Plus side is that BFG won’t be coming out anytime soon, so that limits the pain on the wallet.

Oof, made to order mechanicus light cruisers would kill my wallet

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Those new rules are beefy. It's gonna be a fun two weeks with my IH successor chapter before GW nerfs the rules into the ground.

A Leviathan with a Techmarine up its ass who has the Ironstone relic is going to be borderline invincible. It will have a 2+/4++/6+++, will regain D3 wounds a turn, can move and fire all of its Heavy weapons with no penalty with a 2+ BS (and rerolls 1 to hit with them), and you would have to knock 11 wounds off of it before it degrades on the damage table (while it is reducing all incoming damage by 1).

Even if it gets attacked by some extremely high damage weapon you can use Duty Eternal for 1CP to halve all incoming damage for a phase.

• Options
    What's that? A 12 damage Volcano Cannon? Oh sorry, it's only 5 damage (post relic and stratagem, and assuming you don't lose another point from FNP). IH got a ton of love there. Intercessors with Stalker's able to move about the backfield. Dreadnoughts able to lay down a lot of heavy sustained accurate fire. Supercharged Hellblasters with heavy plasma? They may never feel the need to leave Devastator doctrine.

• Options
    The rumours from playtesters are that Iron Hands and Imperial Fists are the strongest Space Marines supplements, and based on that rules preview I can totally believe it. That looks fucking horrifying as a gunline.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    TheColonel wrote: »
    They may never feel the need to leave Devastator doctrine.

Roving AssBacks are going to be brutal if you're playing against a horde army. For 114 points you'll get 12 S6 AP-2 D1 shots a turn.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Yeah I had a feeling Iron Hands were going to be insane and I feel I was right. Their baseline ability was already amazing. But with this they a scary. They negate the weaknesses of redemptors. Can buff their to hit on vehicles. Can ignore a shit ton of damage. Just amazing all around army for a gun line with a 6+++.

Also they are now the kings of the grav bomb drop. Drop in a drop pod turn 1 with 10 grav devastors (who needs a captain?). And go to fucking town.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

As long as they’re in metal. I’m OK with plastic and resin for most stuff, but I love the heft of metal for the spaceships. Such a good model line.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options

As long as they’re in metal. I’m OK with plastic and resin for most stuff, but I love the heft of metal for the spaceships. Such a good model line.

The Emperor class Battleship on my desk, aka Base Destroyer, Breaker of Plastic Stands, wishes it was just a tad lighter. So brutally heavy.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Part of me probably would retire the old eldar aspect to be the ynnari since I have a ton of howling banshees I have half painted
    I personally was not fond of the bone colored suit and thought doing a red saim hann one would be neat but this was at the end of when I put the eldar up in favor of my black templars

• Options
    edited September 2019

When they were last chance to buy back then I didn't buy any light admech cruisers because gw had the gall to want as much for one as for a regular cruiser. I might not be that principled anymore.

edit:
    Regarding the Banshees: I wonder how old these sculpts are. While I'm really glad that we'll get plastic aspect warriors the detailing and proportions look a bit old school. They look extremely similar to the current metal models and those look huge compared to Dark Eldar Wyches for example, especially when it comes to hands and feet and weapons.

honovere on
  • Options
    I don't feel like they're as bonkers compared to the Iron Hands (purely based on previews only), but there's some fun stuff there. A Raven Guard Smashcaptain equivalent with warlord trait and relic jet pack could pretty easily engage one or more units, locking them down and preventing Overwatch while also avoiding it himself. The character targeting bonus is somewhat situational, but gives Eliminators a nice bonus even as you swap out from Devastator into Tactical.

• Options
    Iron Hands are going to change the meta a bit. They are that good. Best of all them yet. Ravenguard Eliminators are going crush low save character armies like guard and GSC in many ways.

But ironhands can just do so much from turn 1 on. Ignoring move penalities and rerolling ones means so many guns move from good to god damn amazing. Even the flying autocannons for example. Just so much fire power and toughness built into them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Iron Hands are going to change the meta a bit. They are that good. Best of all them yet. Ravenguard Eliminators are going crush low save character armies like guard and GSC in many ways.

But ironhands can just do so much from turn 1 on. Ignoring move penalities and rerolling ones means so many guns move from good to god damn amazing. Even the flying autocannons for example. Just so much fire power and toughness built into them.

I think they're going to change the meta a lot, the Iron Father rules from today seem batshit powerful. Automatically heal 3 wounds, 5+ invulnerable and a 2+ BS to nearby units on top of everything else that Iron Hands get? Holy shit.

Not exaggerating when I say I'm rewriting my lists based on these previews.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Well I'm putting together my Aeronautica stuff

second thunderbolt, was clipping one of the tiny little jet-tips out of the sprue

and it went fucking flying a mile away and now this piece of plastic about the size of a pinhead is somewhere in my bedroom and there is no backup for it.

*screams internally*

Edit:

Good news everyone!

I found it by the studious application of pressure over a significant portion of the groundspace of my room, and pinpointed its location through touch sensitivity

(I stepped on it)

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    My walking-on-bits-lost-weeks-ago sensitivity has reached the point I’ll feel stuff through sneakers.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Burnage wrote: »

I think they're going to change the meta a lot, the Iron Father rules from today seem batshit powerful. Automatically heal 3 wounds, 5+ invulnerable and a 2+ BS to nearby units on top of everything else that Iron Hands get? Holy shit.

Suddenly redemptors seem amazing. Sure, Leviathans are better, but redemptors are crazy cheap now.

3 redemptors near this guy, with a captain with the -1 damage relic (or a lieutenant. Or both) is a horrible volume of high AP shots at a now reasonable toughness for not a lot of points.

Edit: They’re also generally amazing in the marines mirror if you bring stalker bolters.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

Suddenly redemptors seem amazing. Sure, Leviathans are better, but redemptors are crazy cheap now.

3 redemptors near this guy, with a captain with the -1 damage relic (or a lieutenant. Or both) is a horrible volume of high AP shots at a now reasonable toughness for not a lot of points.

Also the Redemptors don't start degrading till like 2 wounds. And have 6++. And reroll their own 1s to hit. And have an additional -1 ap. And can move and shoot with no penalty.

Might as well throw in some cheap venerable dreads too. Lots of 7 toughness good amount of wounds high rate of fire hitting on 2+/3+ fire there.

Actually pure dread Iron Hands list with just the Iron Father and a lieutenant would be really good. With that use doritos and leviathans plus redemptors. Kind of like the 9 dread chaos list.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Also the Redemptors don't start degrading till like 2 wounds. And have 6++. And reroll their own 1s to hit. And have an additional -1 ap. And can move and shoot with no penalty.

Might as well throw in some cheap venerable dreads too. Lots of 7 toughness good amount of wounds high rate of fire hitting on 2+/3+ fire there.

Actually pure dread Iron Hands list with just the Iron Father and a lieutenant would be really good. With that use doritos and leviathans plus redemptors. Kind of like the 9 dread chaos list.

What 9-dread chaos list?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I really hope they give Space Wolves this kind of awesome treatment. I want at least one of my armies to be competitive.

I'm planning on working on my Necrons after I finish the Corvus Cabal paint scheme which means I'm gonna finally start making clear tinted copies of certain Necron parts to put on the busted Warriors. What material would be good for casting multiple times and would I tint the material used for casting with acrylic paint or ink? I want it to end up clear but tinted.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Should I just make all of my aeronautica box stuff the best version of the fighter, thunderbolt fury etc.?

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

What 9-dread chaos list?

It’s a Purge list. Their Legion trait is pretty good for dreads, as is the strategem to shoot into combat.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

What 9-dread chaos list?

It’s a Purge list. Their Legion trait is pretty good for dreads, as is the strategem to shoot into combat.

I would like to know more!

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

What 9-dread chaos list?

I would like to know more!

Baseline I think from the BAO or one of those in the summer.

3x Discordants in a supreme command with flawless host
    3x Heldrakes in a flyer detachment
    3x Doritos
    3x Leviathans or similar
    2-3xContemptors
    I think they used cheap warpsmiths or something for HQs. This is from memory but it was close. All the dreads are the Purge so once a single damage is done they start rerolling. Got second Geoff Robinson's custodes+guard.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Hadn't seen these yet... some Shryke rules posted.

95X3TwE.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I really hope they give Space Wolves this kind of awesome treatment. I want at least one of my armies to be competitive.

I'm planning on working on my Necrons after I finish the Corvus Cabal paint scheme which means I'm gonna finally start making clear tinted copies of certain Necron parts to put on the busted Warriors. What material would be good for casting multiple times and would I tint the material used for casting with acrylic paint or ink? I want it to end up clear but tinted.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Or alternatively:

If they did that you would have a reason to buy another army.

• Options
    Sadly due to being at work I can't see the Shryke rules. Is he good?

u7stthr17eud.png