As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There are other [podcasts] than Giant Bomb

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Gustav wrote: »
    Aside from the pig episode I didn’t like Limetown very much. Felt like a podcast version of breaking the documentary format like in a found footage film

The second season gives up on that conceit entirely, if that helps.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Db is simultaneously so good and so problematic though. Gt is just....not great.

I have heard a lot of "we're about to get to the good part" of DB and then it never comes

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Listened to the Kiki's Delivery Service ep of Blank Check today and I think my heart grew three sizes.

I wanted to give Ben a big hug

It was the purest thing. Bless that man.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Super, especially in the tournament, is the best dragon ball has ever been and I think Jeff and Dan would love it. I wish they’d just jump to that.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I love that it looks like the Beef and Dairy Network podcast is still going. I really thought they'd have run out of steam on that thing by now.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Aside from the pig episode I didn’t like Limetown very much. Felt like a podcast version of breaking the documentary format like in a found footage film

The second season gives up on that conceit entirely, if that helps.

That does actually

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    aaaand unsubscribe to blank check

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Anyway if you folks are talking audio dramas, check out The Bright Sessions and Greater Boston

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That picture of Travis almost encompasses entirely how much I think that guy is A Lot

Moriveth wrote: »
    That picture of Travis almost encompasses entirely how much I think that guy is A Lot

I recently dyed my hair blue and I genuinely love it and then I remembered that the two men who are in the public eye that I know of who have similar hair/dye jobs to me are Travis McElroy and Ninja and I almost shaved my whole head

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Started listening to Yare Yare Boys thanks to the casual recommendations in this thread.

I think I'm gonna like this a lot.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

I recently dyed my hair blue and I genuinely love it and then I remembered that the two men who are in the public eye that I know of who have similar hair/dye jobs to me are Travis McElroy and Ninja and I almost shaved my whole head

Embrace your destiny, Chincy

Become an obnoxiously positive streamer

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

Embrace your destiny, Chincy

Become an obnoxiously positive streamer

Or drop the n bomb on stream; you've got options.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Listening to Punch Up The Jam and

The thing is

Ghostbusters FUCKING SHREDS

Dex Dynamo wrote: »

The thing is

I think they fully acknowledge this while also admitting it has a loooot of issues

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Bustin is absolutely the definitive version of that song

Bustin, Wow Wow, and Smooth are all better versions than the original songs

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

The thing is

I think they fully acknowledge this while also admitting it has a loooot of issues

Oh no they absolutely do

I just remembered how hard it shreds, and had to pause the podcast to listen to it, Twice

Then Bustin, Twice

Because they both shred so hard

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

listen if i was gonna unsubscribe to BC based on David having bad taste I woulda done it a while ago

listen if i was gonna unsubscribe to BC based on David having bad taste I woulda done it a while ago

Yeah I think my friends tolerance has just rapidly fallen in the last few months

I don't really mean it

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Bustin, Wow Wow, and Smooth are all better versions than the original songs

I also think Mullet With Butterfly Wings manages to be better than both the songs it's essentially just 2 mashups of

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Is the Blank Check patreon worth it. I am considering biting but I have never patreoned before so I can't decide

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Is the Blank Check patreon worth it. I am considering biting but I have never patreoned before so I can't decide

absolutely, tons of great and loopy content

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    It's worth it just for the Six Flags/Atlantic City episodes and The Keep tabletop sessions

It gives me like six more hours of the Blank Check crew a month and I get to hear them fancast future Marvel movies and talk about Feige like they talk about their miniseries’ directors and also they go on road trips

Often episodes drop on the same day as a regular ep!

It’s absolutely worth the price of a couple coffees to me

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I dunno if this got posted in the last thread but

Apparently griffins are interchangeable.
    That's definitely the correct Griffin.

He has glasses and everything!

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Started listening to Yare Yare Boys thanks to the casual recommendations in this thread.

Love to hear it

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    also Tanis is ass and the main guy is so fucking lifeless that the one time he read a line with a little bit of emotion it was legit startling

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

To me? It's good

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular

To me? It's good

I like to hear it.

I like it

edited September 2019
    It's really making me think about it!

WeedLordVegeta on
    If you enjoy Yare Yare Boys I cannot recommend their Patreon enough

Words and Deeds started on Snake Eater so Brooks has spent the entire rest of the series confused about which Snake he is beholding at any one point in time, and Ocelot is Baby

Also Slime Man is a good movie

Folks I've been playing that there Secret Of Mana and that game seems pretty good. I only just got the second party member so maybe Anya and I can finally play it together tonight!

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    It's worth it just for the Six Flags/Atlantic City episodes and The Keep tabletop sessions

And they’re doing Whisper of the Heart next month so you’ll probably hear Ben cry about Country Roads

6F32U1X.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hold on is Words and Deeds just "we play Metal Gear"

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Also in this latest season of Terrace House one of the girls talks about her mediocre guitar skill and says "I can play Country Roads" and I was immediately like I BET IT'S BECAUSE OF WHISPER OF THE HEART

I’ve mentioned before but YYB has poisoned my brain to the point of whenever I think of the red hot chili peppers my brain first goes to their amazing impressions

This discussion has been closed.