As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »
    I'm hoping for FAA-mandated sippy cups for pilots.

Beer hats, but for coffee.

Coffee Caps?

Tea Top Hats?

Wait, no, Coffee Crowns.

Cappuccinos

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Coffee Caps?

Tea Top Hats?

Wait, no, Coffee Crowns.

Cappuccinos

Some sort of hybrid head/leg covering that delivers caffeine?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    If George Lucas had directed "Airplane!" he would be adding a coffee scene digitally to the movie as we speak.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm reasonably certain that I can find an FAA directive about beverages in the cockpit. Those folks are thorough.

If you do, all it says is "don't spill" or "use a lid"

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    If you hard. Then you hard.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

Words to live by.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Coffee Caps?

Tea Top Hats?

Wait, no, Coffee Crowns.

Cappuccinos

Coffee beanie

Arabicap

• Options
    edited September 2019
    The 2019 Comedy Wildlife Photography contest has selected their finalists:

00000650_p.jpg
    "Oh, fuck me."

00000647_p.jpg
    This bird flew...to the danger zone.

00000635_p.jpg
    "The tree has tasted blood! Save yourself!"

00000638_p.jpg
    "Not this shit again."

00000629_p.jpg
    This cub is about to learn a valuable lesson about pranks.
    00000633_p.jpg
    "Timmy? Why aren't you in bed?!"

More at the link.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    If I was running that, I'd be tempted to ban dramatic rodents, bears being bears, equines being equine, and birds with their mouths open. Those sorts of things are just too cheap.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    This shit is just unreal: Theives steal 18k gold toilet. It seems there was an art exhibit at the Blenheim Palace in England (Birthplace of Winston Churchill) where an Italian artist had put up, and fully installed, a fully functioning solid gold toilet... worth over 5 million dollars. Seems these thieves went in the night and just took it out of there, leaving a real mess behind. Odd thing is that no one was watching the toilet since it was setup for public use during the exhibition. They can't have cameras in there because of this and there is no guard either. They've caught an older gentleman that seems to be connected with the crime, but this heist seems to have been well coordinated.

I just... no words. I can kinda get displaying it, but actually setting it up and allowing people to use it and people actually using it boggles my mind... let alone the theft.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    This shit is just unreal: Theives steal 18k gold toilet. It seems there was an art exhibit at the Blenheim Palace in England (Birthplace of Winston Churchill) where an Italian artist had put up, and fully installed, a fully functioning solid gold toilet... worth over 5 million dollars. Seems these thieves went in the night and just took it out of there, leaving a real mess behind. Odd thing is that no one was watching the toilet since it was setup for public use during the exhibition. They can't have cameras in there because of this and there is no guard either. They've caught an older gentleman that seems to be connected with the crime, but this heist seems to have been well coordinated.

I just... no words. I can kinda get displaying it, but actually setting it up and allowing people to use it and people actually using it boggles my mind... let alone the theft.

So in effect, they had...

crap security

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Let's not dump a bunch of shitty puns in here.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    If they caught someone who was connected, was there a leak?

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Dunder wrote: »

crap security

The title of the artwork (i.e., the gold toilet) is "America", and in 2017 the artist offered to loan it to the White House.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

crap security

The title of the artwork (i.e., the gold toilet) is "America", and in 2017 the artist offered to loan it to the White House.

That is some amazing faith that artist had to believe that Trump would return a solid gold toilet, and not just disappear it when he left the White House.
    Either that, or some amazing insurance on the thing.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

My new work signature.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    That's my secret

I always hard

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Poop.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

crap security

That is some amazing faith that artist had to believe that Trump would return a solid gold toilet, and not just disappear it when he left the White House.

Stealth insult plus insurance would be more valuable to him than the toilet I'd think

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Man brings clown to redundancy meeting
    When copy writer Josh Thompson received an ominous email from his bosses asking to discuss his role at the company, he knew he was facing redundancy.

The human resources department at FCB New Zealand encouraged him to bring a "support person" to help cushion the blow, an option that is legally required in New Zealand.

But rather than bring a family member, a friend or even a pet, the part-time stand-up comedian decided to splash out NZ$200 (£100) on a clown called "Joe".

"I was working - because I had a job back then - and I got an email and the email said: 'Hi Josh we'd like to meet with you to discuss some matters in regards to your role,'" he told the BBC from Australia, where he has been "making the most of not having a job".

"Basically I sensed that this was going to be a redundancy ... so I thought I might as well try to make the best out of this situation," he added.

"Joe" accompanied Josh for the redundancy meeting, where the clown made balloon animals, although he had to be told to stop a few times as it was difficult to hear above the screeching of plastic.

"Boy, oh, boy, are they noisy," Josh said.
    Man, I wish I'd thought of doing that at my last job.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    When copy writer Josh Thompson received an ominous email from his bosses asking to discuss his role at the company, he knew he was facing redundancy.

The human resources department at FCB New Zealand encouraged him to bring a "support person" to help cushion the blow, an option that is legally required in New Zealand.

But rather than bring a family member, a friend or even a pet, the part-time stand-up comedian decided to splash out NZ$200 (£100) on a clown called "Joe".

"I was working - because I had a job back then - and I got an email and the email said: 'Hi Josh we'd like to meet with you to discuss some matters in regards to your role,'" he told the BBC from Australia, where he has been "making the most of not having a job".

"Basically I sensed that this was going to be a redundancy ... so I thought I might as well try to make the best out of this situation," he added.

"Joe" accompanied Josh for the redundancy meeting, where the clown made balloon animals, although he had to be told to stop a few times as it was difficult to hear above the screeching of plastic.

So, present at the meeting was Josh, a clown, and a colourfully dressed man making balloon animals.

• Options

So, present at the meeting was Josh, a clown, and a colourfully dressed man making balloon animals.
    I'm calling his boss a clown.
    But it's not funny if I have to explain it.

• Options
    Brit gets, rejects amazing license plate:
    Somehow though, one dodgy licence plate slipped through the net. A customer was unhappy to order a new van only to find its registration started with the letters and numbers BJ69. He had been due to pick up the vehicle from van leasing firm Vanarama, but deemed it ‘too rude’.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Nice.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Somehow though, one dodgy licence plate slipped through the net. A customer was unhappy to order a new van only to find its registration started with the letters and numbers BJ69. He had been due to pick up the vehicle from van leasing firm Vanarama, but deemed it ‘too rude’.

I'm just really loving that there's a van leasing firm called Vanarama.
    I mean, the rest of the story is nice and all.
    But, "Vanarama"? Knowing that's a thing is making my Monday morning slightly more tolerable.
    Madican wrote: »

crap security

Stealth insult plus insurance would be more valuable to him than the toilet I'd think

Sure, for a value of up to, I don't know, maybe 1.5 million or so, the insult and insurance may be sufficient compensation. But once you're talking 5 million or more?
    I don't know, maybe it's just me.
    On the other hand, gaining the notoriety of having had his art stolen by Trump, and thus actually profiting by an association with Trump would be a novel situation for an artist, I'm sure.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    American Pharaoh - good horse, or best horse?
    He also enjoys visits from figures such as Vice President Mike Pence, who visited the horse on the farm in March 2018 while campaigning for Garland "Andy" Barr, (R-Kentucky). Except apparently Pharoah's interaction with the former governor of Indiana didn't go so well, at least in Pence's version of the events, per multiple reports.

On Friday at a policy retreat for House Republicans in Baltimore, Pence claimed he was bitten so hard on the arm by American Pharoah that he nearly collapsed. The point of the story was to offer a metaphor for Republicans' hopes of retaking the House next year.

Edit: As was pointed out elsewhere, we are talking about a highly trained animal under supervision. If he bit Pence, it's likely because Pence antagonized him.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I'm missing how the Vice President being bitten by a horse has anything to do with the House flipping again. Even with Pence's comment about "fighting forward".

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    American Pharaoh - good horse, or best horse?

Edit: As was pointed out elsewhere, we are talking about a highly trained animal under supervision. If he bit Pence, it's likely because Pence antagonized him.

I'd prefer AP drop a road apple on Pence's shoes, but a strong bite is an acceptable substitute.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And apparently wasn't even true, it was a fabrication in service of a tortured metaphor.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/mike-pence-bitten-horse-false-claim-american-pharoah-kentucky-a9105176.html

I'm guessing it was supposed to be in line with the nebulous, anonymous, almost-never-true "a parishioner asked me ..." parables you get in sermons, except Pence is incredibly stupid and actually named the horse.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Watch out for that ADN site, it has a hook that stops your back button if you try using it

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Watch out for that ADN site, it has a hook that stops your back button if you try using it

Gone right: you can still close the browser window!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    not chat

VishNub on
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

I'm just really loving that there's a van leasing firm called Vanarama.
    I mean, the rest of the story is nice and all.
    But, "Vanarama"? Knowing that's a thing is making my Monday morning slightly more tolerable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOx3iHG6JbI

dylman on
  • Options
    The problem with WeWork, summed up in one tweet:

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    This isn't that hard to get around.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

That depends on the motivation of involved parties.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Wait, how would you get around it?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Umbrellas aren't tough, easiest route would probably be just to pry the door open until breaks the umbrella, or pop the door out of the frame if it's doable from that side. Could also loop some wire in there to move the end of the umbrella. Peel the caulk off the window and take out the window, then re-caulk it. Break the window. Go in from an outside window.

Loads of options here for anybody that actually wants to get in there.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If you read the comments, there's apparently nothing of importance or value inside and everybody just works from a laptop anyways. That's why nobody has even bothered to break the glass, there's just no reason to.

So really, it's less "Look at how stupid these people are" and more "We have all the time in the world and can afford to play this ridiculous puzzle game without having to take the easy (and messy) way out".

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
This discussion has been closed.