As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ain't there no [Plants Vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville] thread?

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
edited September 2019 in Games and Technology
Well there is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_JSp0F6PX8

This game was way off the radar and did a surprise "beta" release on Tuesday and I farkin' love it.

It's very much Garden Warfare 3 and adds three new characters to both the plants and zombies side and they're all wonderfully fun PLUS there's a new, HUGE single player quest mode that's an absolute blast and fairly tough to boot.

They've done away with all the variants and added a customizable upgrade system to make your own variants on the fly.

Magic Pink on

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    played it, really like all the changes, the game feels a little choppy even on a ps4 pro, but its nothing that cant be fixed. Super fun playing this game again

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I got an email about this game about a week ago from EA. It had a link that took me to the official website. So I went there. And at that time, which was about a week ago or so, I had honestly no idea what this game was. Their website was very bare bones and I couldn't tell if it was a sequel to Garden Warfare, or if it was some sort of new game.

You have obviously confirmed it as what ultimately amounts to GW3, even if they aren't calling it that. But man, I sure was not able to glean that from their website.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah they really kind of ignored getting any info out about it at all.

In any case, everyone play Night Cap NOW because I guarantee she's getting nerfed first.

Magic Pink on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is it stuffed to the gills with bullshit micro transactions like the second one?

YL9WnCY.png
  • taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Is it stuffed to the gills with bullshit micro transactions like the second one?

So far no.

I will say nightcap desperately needs a nerf, and ALL zombies desperately need a buff

Sterica wrote: »

Not a one. The only microtransactions the other two had anyway was for coins which you never needed to buy because you got them so easily.

I cannot find a Zombie I enjoy playing but holy hell do I loves me some Oak.

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    What in this game can be played local co-op? I think this would be great fun for me and my son if there is enough for us to do together.

chuck steak on
    There's a massive amount if PVE stuff to screw around with. Entire levels with treasure hunts, bounty fights and battles all against AI. I frolicking love it.

Is anyone else getting dumped from the server a lot in this game? It happened about 7 times to me last night, almost every 30 minutes. I see a lot of other people complaining about it online but all EA says is to switch to a wired connection which I already have.

Man EA hired Patrick ding dang Stewart to narrate their new Feastivus update for PVZ: Battle for Neighborville. I hate EA but damn I fucking love this game to bits.

Also, for those concerned about microtransactions they have them now. You can buy packs of Rainbow Stars which you use to buy cosmetic upgrades. You can easily earn them in game as well so, like PVZ:GW2 they're absolutely unnecessary.