As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Speaking of rare rate ups.... This is Merlin's only rate up until Summer 2021.

His third and last rate-up so far isn't for two more years. So if you really want him and don't have him...

NO PRESSURE!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I forgot to post this one because I was so salty.

Waited for Bride rate-up

Figured it was the best chance to break the Nero curse

Rolled once

Three lines...Servant...

Saber...

...Gold...!

lhZRJa0l.png

...*headdesk*

1293 SQ vs Nero rate-ups no Umu

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Welp, a budget try for Merlin. 150SQ only here

Roll 1: Salter, 4* CE, Lalter, 4* CE
    Roll 2: 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 3: 4* CE, 4* CE, Limited/Zero Over, 4* CE
    Roll 4: 4* CE, 4* CE
    Roll 5: 4* CE, 4* CE, 4* CE

...well. Could be worse...I guess...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    According to my calculations, I should have something like 540 SQ and 10-15 tickets ready for Shimosa, so I will be able to try to get Musashi and Archer Inferno. I think I will ignore banner for a few days and wait for Inferno solo banner, as an assassin girl that will also be released by then does not really interest me.

Considering that I've got Salter NP2 without much hassle, now I wonder on whom should I use my 4* Servant ticket. I don't think it's really that useful to use it to get her to NP3, right?

I also don't think I need any other Servants gameplay-wise, so I guess I will just summon someone I would just like to have in my Chaldea. Maybe Rama, because he was a bro during America singularity, or Carmilla, because she is supposed to get her animation update soon.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    All of you Gaming Addicted QT3.14 Inferno Archer (and BFF Musashi) loving people: Saving for Shimosa.
    Me an intellectualSakura and Super Robot fan: Saving for Parvati and her Great Mazinger Thunder Break

Wooooo. LAlter from today's ticket.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    What's the ETA for Shimosa, anyway? Next month?

aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Skeith wrote: »
    What's the ETA for Shimosa, anyway? Next month?

If nothing changes in comparison to how it went down in JP, on September 19th Halloween rerun should begin, it will run for 2 weeks, and Shimosa should start 3-4 days after it ends, so I guess we will get Shimosa in a first days of October.

Asthariel on
    edited September 2019
    Shimosa, as well as the Parvati banner, should both be in about two to three weeks depending on how they space it, yeah.

I really hope we get the 'FGO The Stage' banner with the Halloween Rerun like JP got. I really want another shot to roll for Saberlot & Tristan.

vagrant_winds on
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    When did JP implement the "you can burn rerun welfares for gold prisms" thing? Was that next year?

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    When did JP implement the "you can burn rerun welfares for gold prisms" thing? Was that next year?

That started for the Christmas rerun last year, so for us that would be Christmas next year. And they quickly started adding more uses for rare prisms after that.

Note that you just get the prisms when you get the extra copies of the servants. You can't hold on to previous duplicate welfares to burn them for prisms.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think I might run out of materials before I do embers. I've had to delay a couple Ascensions because they wanted dragon fangs or bones.

Got BB up to 90 now as my premiere Avenger boss killer. Also leveled and Ascended everyone with an Interlude to the needed level, though some still need Bond to unlock. Now I guess I'll see how many Rank-Up quests I can unlock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE34_tkqFwU

English subbed version of Trailer 2 finally.

Who hype?

I desperately want them to do a cool montage when Mash and Fujimura are telling Gilgamesh about all the jobs they did and he's getting increasingly frustrated. I wouldn't complain if we got a filler episode about that subterranean city or whatever it was.

It's also going to be pretty interesting to see the reactions of the anime-onlys when the series takes its big turn into Tiamat town. That's probably going to be the last couple episodes, right? There's a fair bit of Lahmu stuff going on in the jungle before the final battle, and you've also gotta fit in Ushiwakamaru in there.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Who's that boring looking brown haired dude hanging out with Mash?

uyvfOQy.png
    The series is going to be 24-26 episodes (2cour).

What if... what if they're cheeky and throw in Solomon?

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I can imagine that as the ending, or an end of credits stinger. It would be amazing.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    You'd be unable to really do anything for the raid fights I feel (beyond maybe a quick sequence of the reinforcements bit - and giving animation time to the numerous fan favorites in that would be great), but a couple episodes for the main thrust of it would be good (I mean, literally two episodes. There's a perfect cliffhanger point in there)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    They'd just skip the raid fights and go straight into the army of Servants showing up as Gudako and Mash are jumping and running towards the throne

They could probably get away with a few different montages of Servants wrecking demon gods if they got stuck for time (excaliblasts, tear drop photon ray, that kind of thing).

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Who's that boring looking brown haired dude hanging out with Mash?

For whatever reason*, they've decided to go with the male MC for the various anime adaptations. The name they chose for the anime is Fujimaru Ritsuka, which roughly translates to "FGO Summer".

Other adaptations vary in gender choice.

The comedy manga Learning with Manga has a female Gudako.
    The more educational manga Teach Us FGO! has a male Gudao.
    The two somewhat-overlapping adaptations starting from Fuyuki, turas réalta and mortalis:stella both have male MCs.
    The manga for Shinjuku and Agartha have a male MC.
    The manga for Shimousa and Salem have a female MC.
    The manga for SE.RA.PH has a male MC.

The default sadly seems to be the male main character, with the female one only showing up when it's either obviously the creator's preference (Riyo) or part of a "half-and-half for EoR" thing. Fate/Extra suffers from a similar issue, where the anime and console sequels all use the male MC.

*(the reason is probably that the main whale audience is male otaku, cf. Valentines and swimsuit servants)

edited September 2019
    Skeith wrote: »
    They could probably get away with a few different montages of Servants wrecking demon gods if they got stuck for time (excaliblasts, tear drop photon ray, that kind of thing).

Yeah, I'm imagining something showing the ridiculous scale of the problem, and the regeneration, pause a beat, Servants start popping up in order of singularity. First set (so, Jeanne probably?) with a quick line, montage of the beatdown. Optionally include the 8th set and event servants showing up as an extra beat, and then proceed to the meat of the story in the center.

End credits on shield scene for first episode. Second episode resumes from there, cuts to Fou scene after a couple beats? Proceed through remainder of the showdown/escape.

Polaritie on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I've been distracted lately so I forgot to login yesterday

Goodbye ten tickets

RIP in peace

Yay I have QP again!

10/10/10's Sherlock and Jeanne.

...wait, I don't have QP anymore.

Yay I have QP again!

10/10/10's Sherlock and Jeanne.

...wait, I don't have QP anymore.

This is me with Sherlock and summer Umu.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    SR Ticket is Live.

Went ahead and took cutest pharoah.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote: »
    SR Ticket is Live.

Went ahead and took cutest pharoah.

Took Emiya Alter here. Pew pew pew pew.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I took Saber Alter. Might regret not taking the opportunity to get an avenger, but I just wanted Alter.

Decided to just go ahead and grab CasGil. I'm going to be hitting those Caster Mats mines for ages, but he seemed like the best available option given my current Servants.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I got Penth

time to smack people with uh

Whatever her weapon is called

Big smashy spike chain thing

It's a spiky anime meteor hammer, I guess?

Yeah, it's just an anime flail, nothing TOO exotic.

Polaritie wrote: »

It's the Darth Maul dual sword version of a flail.

It's the Darth Maul dual sword version of a flail.

Does she ever throw it out? Because otherwise that's just two flails.

To be honest though I'm not sure there are that many crazier weapons in the game.

edited September 2019
    Manga (CCC Colab) Emiya Alter looking SWOLE AS F'. (And also closer to normal Emiya/NA Version skin tone.)
    TqN4wCC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Also wow can you see the scars and the damage to his body from his constant over-mana-use and pushing himself too hard for too long.

Also, more characters need to use knife pistols or whatever you call them. So far it's him and Fie from Trails of Cold Steel.

vagrant_winds on
    Manga (CCC Colab) Emiya Alter looking SWOLE AS F'. (And also closer to normal Emiya/NA Version skin tone.)

Also wow can you see the scars and the damage to his body from his constant over-mana-use and pushing himself too hard for too long.

Also, more characters need to use knife pistols or whatever you call them. So far it's him and Fie from Trails of Cold Steel.

Isn't it just called a bayonet still?

Isn't it just called a bayonet still?

...point.

Ergh, Im still not sure what 4* to pick.

Rama:
    + he will be only my second gold Saber
    + he is cool
    + he is single target, while my Salter is AoE
    + he was a bro in America
    - I hope to get Musashi soon

Carmilla:
    + she is cool
    + she is single target, and better at it than papa Emiya
    + she gets animation update soon
    - eventually she will be replaced by Shiki when rerun hits NA

edited September 2019
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Ergh, Im still not sure what 4* to pick.

Rama:
    + he will be only my second gold Saber
    + he is cool
    + he is single target, while my Salter is AoE
    + he was a bro in America
    - I hope to get Musashi soon

His pretty animation update.
    https://youtu.be/eGEXy-eRoOk

Plus, he's always going to be an anti-demon and crit Saber. 4turn CD +100٪ crit damage skill

vagrant_winds on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I was gonna pick Nitocris because she's the best, but I checked at the last second and huh I already have her? I don't remember pulling her at all, buti guess I haven't really been paying attention to this game lately.

Picked JK Fox Saber instead, because why not

7h8wnycre6vs.png