As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Request : Deadbeat Santees

2»

• Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The Cat wrote: »

That's retarded. You're essentially asking people to be jailed for not thanking you.

Asking people to be jailed for not thanking you is retarded. No problem there. However, you're oversimplifying the problem by deciding to focus on the QQ instead of on the logistics.

Secret santas have a legitimate concern that their package has arrived. People should be encouraged to not flake and take the minimum amount of effort to let people know that the transaction has actually occurred.

Jailing is probably still too stiff of a punishment, and if a santa cares that much they could send their gift through certified mail. That doesn't mean everyone is a selfish dumb retard because they are looking for ways to help the system work better.

Dropping Loads on
    Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2008
    Start a thread somewhere called "I sent a gift to you, did you get it?"

Then anybody who is concerned about the logistics, or who sent their package without a tracking number, can post in that thread and maybe their gift recipient will pipe up.

It is also not unheard of to PM somebody if you sent something and never heard from them, asking, "hey, did you ever receive the gift I sent you?"

Problem solved.

Ramius on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

That's retarded. You're essentially asking people to be jailed for not thanking you.
    Asking people to be jailed for not thanking you is retarded. No problem there. However, you're oversimplifying the problem by deciding to focus on the QQ instead of on the logistics.

Secret santas have a legitimate concern that their package has arrived. People should be encouraged to not flake and take the minimum amount of effort to let people know that the transaction has actually occurred.

Jailing is probably still too stiff of a punishment, and if a santa cares that much they could send their gift through certified mail. That doesn't mean everyone is a selfish dumb retard because they are looking for ways to help the system work better.
    I think it's safe to say that if no one is saying "hey, I didn't get a gift," it arrived.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ramius wrote: »

Then anybody who is concerned about the logistics, or who sent their package without a tracking number, can post in that thread and maybe their gift recipient will pipe up.

It is also not unheard of to PM somebody if you sent something and never heard from them, asking, "hey, did you ever receive the gift I sent you?"

Problem solved.

I like that it took an admin to come in and mention the obvious.

It warms the cockles of my heart.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Just send them an etiquette book next year for SS and be done with it

punishing people for not telling everybody what they got is silly

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My favorite part is how after every couple of posts saying "this idea is stupid, live with it," the OP comes back and tries to rephrase the argument. Just let it die.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ramius wrote: »

Problem solved.

These are awesome suggestions.

Thinatos wrote: »

I think it's safe to say that if no one is saying "hey, I didn't get a gift," it arrived.

As a scientist I'd hate to draw positive conclusions from negative results. ;-) Seriously though, we've learned to become a very data driven society. This conversation is being recorded indefinitely on a server somewhere. Every credit card transaction is stored on a computer. I get a receipt when I buy coffee! I'm surprised at the number of people claiming they wouldn't feel at least some nagging doubt caused by the lack of confirmation.
    My favorite part is how after every couple of posts saying "this idea is stupid, live with it," the OP comes back and tries to rephrase the argument. Just let it die.

My favorite part is when someone who isn't participating in the conversation tries to end it rather than provide something useful. This is a forum community. This thread is about trying to help people improve that community. It is not about saying "your idea is stupid, go home".

Dropping Loads on
    Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    As King Of SS in the Realme of Penny Arcade, I deem this to be Nonsense of the highest Order.

You don't ban ungrateful cockknockers, you leave them around so you can shun them and make them feel bad.

Duh.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

I haven't posted in over 2 days. Every time I start to reply, I stop myself to let it die.

Now go troll some fucking place else.

Edit: go back and read the last bit of post #28. Read it and comprehend it.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2008
    The thread was already over when I posted "problem solved."

Now it's really over.

*locked*

Ramius on
This discussion has been closed.