As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Man, Gotrek is just the worst slayer. He's really bad at dying.

In one of the Warhammer Fantasy era books, Gotrek runs into a trio of other slayers and they literally say that to him. He gets pretty pissed about it.
    Later, it leads into a pretty dark and somber moment. Gotrek and another slayer are facing down certain death in the form of an army of the undead led by Krell (yes that Krell) and the other slayer suck-punches Gotrek and pushes him to safety, convinced that if Gotrek stayed they would survive and win no matter the odds.

'Sorry, Gotrek Gurnisson,' called the young slayer as Gotrek crashed down inside the doors. 'You will not rob me of another doom!'
    'Treacherous beardling!" Gotrek roared. 'We'd both have had out dooms!'
    'No, Gurnisson, we would not!' cried Rodi as he slashed at Krell and the armoured wights. 'Even here, even with a belly wound, even with the doors closed, we would have survived! You are cursed, Gurnisson! You will never find your doom! Nor will anyone around you! Grimnir mocks you, and I will not be part of the joke!'
    Gotrek pulled with all his might, but at last he had to snatch his hands from the gap in the door to keep them from being crushed.
    'Cursed,' said Gotrek, then turned and started into the keep's courtyard.

H9f4bVe.png
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I mean, they aren't wrong. Of the entire change over from Warhammer to AOS, the destruction and reformation of the universe, Gotrek is the only mortal to survive.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Which he did by walking into the realm of chaos, giving away his heirloom axe, and then punching things until the chaos gods themselves got fed up of being unable to either kill or corrupt him and spat him back out (paraphrased).

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I mean, they aren't wrong. Of the entire change over from Warhammer to AOS, the destruction and reformation of the universe, Gotrek is the only mortal to survive.

Thanquol made it as well.

PSN Fleety2009
    Which model Boneripper is he up to now, anyways? Like, XIV or something?

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »

Thanquol made it as well.

Perfectly balanced as all things should be.

Those two must fight forever.

Arkhan mannfred and Nefereta also survived right?

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    "survived"...unsurvived?

Did not go boom with planet.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I think they might have been remade by Nagash in part rather than 'survived' survived, but yes.

Woo! Now those wolves (sorry, snarlfangs) are nice.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Goblins now have both the largest and the smallest underworlds warband. (Well, tied for smallest.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Warcry FAQ and Errata are up

Yay Nighthaunt had their Chainrasp ability fixed!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/13/warcry-for-helpgw-homepage-post-3/

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Woo! Now those wolves (sorry, snarlfangs) are nice.

They might have at least used the traditional goblinoid term wullofs

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I wonder if the ghosts in dreadfane will be kept in there or be offered outside of it?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I wonder if the ghosts in dreadfane will be kept in there or be offered outside of it?

The models for both sides are already available by themselves, as for the warbands (with cards and everything) GW has said that they'll "be available" separately in the future, but who knows when that might be.

So Beastgrave has been announced for preorder this upcoming weekend and they've shown one of the (non starter set) new warband. Anyone hoping for anything else?

I'm hoping for Seraphon and maybe a chaos warrior warband.

That or a Clan Moulder one to go with the beast theme.

TheGerbil wrote: »
    So Beastgrave has been announced for preorder this upcoming weekend and they've shown one of the (non starter set) new warband. Anyone hoping for anything else?

I'm hoping for Seraphon and maybe a chaos warrior warband.

That or a Clan Moulder one to go with the beast theme.

I think it's going to be nurgle and flesh eater from the preview of how to play the other day had art from them

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Hoping for ogres. And, knowing full well that that will never happen in a million years, that said warband contains (at least one) female ogre.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Double Warhammer (adjacent) gaming event weekend.

Sat was Warcry, which was fun but entirely just for funs rather than ‘competitive’. With the AoS bands in particular some scenarios are pretty much just an instant win to one side or the other. I was playing Nighthaunt and they’re A+ at manoeuvrability, but a D at actually killing anything or hanging around in a fight. High toughness is a poor defence when crits are the main source of damage and will always land regardless of toughness stat. 3 wins, 3 losses.

The new book should let me bring in a spooky heavy hitter but they seem to have forgotten to give 3 of 5 of them the flight runemark. I mean they ain’t got no legs!

And then Sunday was an Underworlds tourney with limited deck building to universals from your expansion pack and the relevant season’s core and card only packs. Came 2nd of 12 with classic Garrek, my only loss being to my club mate nemesis I just can’t beat! His first glass trophy though so happy for him.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Hoping for ogres. And, knowing full well that that will never happen in a million years, that said warband contains (at least one) female ogre.

If they can release a Troll war for Underworlds, then I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Ogre one (granted I doubt it would be female).

PSN Fleety2009

If they can release a Troll war for Underworlds, then I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Ogre one (granted I doubt it would be female).

Ogres are totally doable. Female ogre, though: not in a million years.

GW only makes females from the "pretty" races (humans and elves). Which is also boring from an artistic perspective.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    So there's a market for lady ogre proxy models. Is what I'm hearing here. Interesting.

H9f4bVe.png
    Hell, fully half my BCR force is made up of female ogres through judicious use of GS and a scalpel. Literal plastic surgery.

GW only makes females from the "pretty" races (humans and elves). Which is also boring from an artistic perspective.
    Except for that lady ogre mercenary, or the lady orc cheerleaders of course. Ok the cheerleaders are BB and thus from a sideways version of the Old World so their presence in AoS is not confirmed at all but the ogress was main studio and still available iirc.

Fakedit: yes, here, with optional false beard: https://www.games-workshop.com/Ogre-Kingdoms-Female-Maneater

Except for that lady ogre mercenary, or the lady orc cheerleaders of course. Ok the cheerleaders are BB and thus from a sideways version of the Old World so their presence in AoS is not confirmed at all but the ogress was main studio and still available iirc.

Fakedit: yes, here, with optional false beard: https://www.games-workshop.com/Ogre-Kingdoms-Female-Maneater

The old description read that it could also be a cross-dressing male ogre.

I'll grant you the orc cheerleaders, although orcs are canonically male-identifying genderless fungus-people (I guess these are female-identifying genderless fungus-people).

These are all joke characters, though, and are very old.

I'll none the less amend my statement to "GW now only make females from the "pretty" races (humans and elves)."

I'll grant you the orc cheerleaders, although orcs are canonically male-identifying genderless fungus-people (I guess these are female-identifying genderless fungus-people).

I'll none the less amend my statement to "GW now only make females from the "pretty" races (humans and elves)."

There is no female heads for the imperial guard in 40k
    the traitor guard and cultists have females on the other hand
    uvsuu3bi6415.png

a shirts vs skins cult
    rnc6wt3jgpmc.png

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

Forge World has you covered, friend: NSFW

Brainleech wrote: »

There is no female heads for the imperial guard in 40k
    the traitor guard and cultists have females on the other hand
    uvsuu3bi6415.png

a shirts vs skins cult
    rnc6wt3jgpmc.png

To be fair to the guardsman sculpt it's fucking old.

Their newest commissar model is a lady at least.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Some of the new GSC models had a lady, right? And a bunch of Stormcast are women.

I will absolutely agree GW has improved significantly with many (but not all) new model lines / sculpts w.r.t. gender balance.

But there are still too few female sculpts (e.g., one among the ten humanoids in Beastgrave), and all the examples named (from this millennium) are "pretty" races. Chaos cultists, GSC, stormcast, idoneth, etc. are all humans/elves or close enough as makes no difference.

(Also, I do like the troll hag, although I would have sculpted her some more clothes.)

Renzo wrote: »
    Some of the new GSC models had a lady, right? And a bunch of Stormcast are women.
    The new genecult magus is (one hell of) a woman, as are half the bike riders and crew from the new vehicle.
    About one third of the magic stormcast are girls, and new units for any of the stormcast subfactions run about the same ratio.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    All of the Tyranid models are female.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Would nids even bother with gender when they can just tweak some genes and set the breeding pool to medium rare?

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Question about War Cry: I'm confused about what factions can actually play the game? It seemed to be very chaos focused, but now I think I've seen rules for Stormcast Eternals?

I ask because I've basically come to the conclusion that I do not have time to paint full armies for two games. I can't keep up with my Ultramarines plastic for 40K. But I really love the aesthetic of the Stormcast and want an excuse to paint some as a nice break from blue and gold (...oh wait). War Cry's small model count seems to cover that.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They shoehorned in rules for a bunch of regular AoS factions as well, using some models from basic units of the factions.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Would nids even bother with gender when they can just tweak some genes and set the breeding pool to medium rare?

Well, most of their names are different words for...difficult? women, and one of them exists to only birth more bugs, so I'd say that they being nominally female makes a certain kind of sense biologically.

But hey, this isn't the 40k thread!

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Question about War Cry: I'm confused about what factions can actually play the game? It seemed to be very chaos focused, but now I think I've seen rules for Stormcast Eternals?

I ask because I've basically come to the conclusion that I do not have time to paint full armies for two games. I can't keep up with my Ultramarines plastic for 40K. But I really love the aesthetic of the Stormcast and want an excuse to paint some as a nice break from blue and gold (...oh wait). War Cry's small model count seems to cover that.

To be more specific, for a handful of AoS factions they released a card pack with Warcry rules. The Stormcast one is quite limited on model options and might not have what you want as they've gone for a specific shooty boys flavour, see below:

99220218003_WCStormcastEternalCards03_1024x1024.jpg?v=1563620651

If you do want some cards go for it quick because they are starting to sell out and as yet there are no signs of a reprint nor any other way to get the rules (beyond internet photos of course).

It would be insane if they didn't put the rules out somewhere as these are clearly working to push model sales but (a) GW have been known to be insane and (b) if they do it won't be for a while until they've squeezed all the card pack money out they can.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    That's unfortunate for me on several fronts. Most notably those are the not the Stormcast models I have (or want). Maybe they'll get a more complete faction release one of these days.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    With the various stormcast I have from Warhammer quest, and Shadespire I think I am going to do that sliver and black with gold trim instead of the gold overall
    tt9jocuuhj7g.png

This discussion has been closed.