As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I will absolutely preorder that Link. I kind of want Dark Samus, even though I didn't play whichever game she came from.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I will absolutely preorder that Link. I kind of want Dark Samus, even though I didn't play whichever game she came from.

You never played any of the Metroid Prime games?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

Metroid Prime 1-3? Technically she was just in the post credit scene of MP1 if you 100% the game.

Also, Dark Samus will be the last amiibo I need. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I love Zelda, but another super boring looking Link amiibo?

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I might have to keep them in-box this time. Also I just preordered it and Ivysaur/Squirtle/Snake from Best Buy a second ago, so jump on it.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

Did a dark Samus go up for preorder?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      TimFiji wrote: »

Not yet. It doesn't come out until next year.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      skeldare wrote: »

Oh whew. Thought I missed a pre-order. Just those three new ones?

• Options

Solid Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Link all went up

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • Options
        cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
        Woo, eventual Banjo Amiibo! I'm glad I didn't bite on whatever the hell Gamestop calls their notAmiibos -- those are terrible quality.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
      • Options

Solid Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Link all went up

Oh yeah, link. I always think in terms of smash amiibo. Thanks!

• Options
          EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
          I hardly even see amiibo anymore. Gamestop had like 1 greninja, and i havent seen any at walmart or target since before christmas.

• Options
          SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
          woo thanks for the heads up, link and snake preordered

• Options
          BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
          Enigmedic wrote: »
          I hardly even see amiibo anymore. Gamestop had like 1 greninja, and i havent seen any at walmart or target since before christmas.

I see a bunch of Ken and a handful of Link at my local Fry's Electronics.

oosik_betsuni.png
          Steam: betsuni7
        • Options
          edited June 2019
          So, the upcoming release schedule:

July 26: Isabelle, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer
          Sept. 20: Link (from the new game), Squirtle, Ivysaur, Solid Snake
          November: Incineroar, Simon Belmont, Chrom
          Sometime in 2020: Dark Samus, Richter Belmont

...which is everyone in Smash other than the characters in the fighter's pass DLC.

cloudeagle on
        • Options
          plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
          edited June 2019
          A lot of 3DS games being cleared out now, including those with amiibo pack-ins. For $24 (Aus) I got:
          qv2ae6icowr4.jpg
          Worth it for Poochy alone!

plufim on
          3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
          steam_sig.png
        • Options
          Uhhhh.... So this might be worth like... A lot? Any tips on valuing these before I open and let the kids play with them?

steam_sig.png
        • Options
          edited June 2019
          plufim wrote: »
          Uhhhh.... So this might be worth like... A lot? Any tips on valuing these before I open and let the kids play with them?

Here ya go. Yarn Yoshi looks to be regular price but you really scored on Poochy -- $65 American at this point, making him the most expensive Amiibo out there. Congrats!

cloudeagle on
        • Options
          Well... Good thing my boys haven't seen Poochy yet.

But he's so cute!!

steam_sig.png
        • Options
          Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
          Nintendo had a display of 168 amiibo during its annual shareholders' meeting:

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
        • Options
          RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
          cloudeagle wrote: »

Here ya go. Yarn Yoshi looks to be regular price but you really scored on Poochy -- $65 American at this point, making him the most expensive Amiibo out there. Congrats!

Shucks, I could have gotten Poochy for cheap awhile back but decided against it since I don’t really like the yarn games.

Oh well, I don’t regret it nearly as much as not getting the original GBC Shantae when I had the chance. I had it in my hand. But no, I was stupid and decided I didn’t need a new GBC game when I had a GBA. :(

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
        • Options
          New amiibo today! Pokemon trainer looks nice.

• Options
            AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
            Did Isabelle really come out? If so, damn, must've missed her.

I felt like I went back in time. After picking up my preorders, I went to see the amiibo endcap at best buy. I swear, there were 40+ pichus in a giant wave of yellow... And 2 Pokémon trainers.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
          • Options
            Athenor wrote: »
            Did Isabelle really come out? If so, damn, must've missed her.

I felt like I went back in time. After picking up my preorders, I went to see the amiibo endcap at best buy. I swear, there were 40+ pichus in a giant wave of yellow... And 2 Pokémon trainers.

Yeah she was out. Seemed like she was the rare one of the wave.

• Options
              BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
              Will the animal crossing ones count as?

• Options
              I reckon the isabelle one will

steam_sig.png
            • Options
              Nintendo Console Codes
              PM Me if you add me!
              HAIL HYDRA
            • Options
              maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
              In general I don't collect the Smash series anymore and I sold off most of what I didn't care for, but man I'm gonna have to import a Pirhanha Plant one day.

FU7kFbw.png
              Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
            • Options
              It occurs to me that with smash DLC continuing past the 5th character, ammibo will still continue to be made into the future.

steam_sig.png
            • Options
              Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
              I wonder if it's occurred to Nintendo.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
            • Options
              It occurs to me that with smash DLC continuing past the 5th character, ammibo will still continue to be made into the future.

This is the worst part. I was ready to finish my collection.

• Options

This is the worst part. I was ready to finish my collection.

Seriously. I've got a series of five nice-looking floating shelves that's just big enough to accommodate everything through the fighter's pass. I checked and those shelves have been discontinued.

• Options
                The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
                Is there a good way to find particular amiibos nowadays or is it just ebay trawling? I've been picking up a few of the Smash series as I randomly find them in stores, but there's a few I'd like that I wouldn't expect to pop up in the wild nowadays (ROB, Dedede, G&W, Wolf Link, etc).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
              • Options
                Is there a good way to find particular amiibos nowadays or is it just ebay trawling? I've been picking up a few of the Smash series as I randomly find them in stores, but there's a few I'd like that I wouldn't expect to pop up in the wild nowadays (ROB, Dedede, G&W, Wolf Link, etc).

Amiibo Alerts is a fantastic resource, as they're quick to update people about restocks. Gamestop's got a good amount. So does Amazon.

• Options
                SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
                edited September 2019
                Dedede got a restock at gamestop and wolf link got a restock at best buy in May. Neither is on their websites anymore, but it should be possible at least to find a wolf link in store.
                I don’t think rob or game & watch have gotten a reprint yet though, so they might show up alongside a new wave in the future

SaraLuna on
              • Options
                I realized the other day I don't have the G&W alternate poses. I kept them all in the plastic tray and it's possible they're still at my parents place, but that'd be a bummer if they were gone. Oh well.

FU7kFbw.png
              • Options
                Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
                They've been rereleasing a few amiibo with every new amiibo wave, so anything is possible, I guess. Personally, I'm still waiting for a rerelease of Smash Luigi.

• Options
                DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
                Aw. Here in spain amiibos normally take a lot longer to go out of stock than from what I gather happens in the US, because there's a lot less ebay collectors going around, but with having gotten into Splatoon late I seem to have missed my chance to grab the Pearl and Marina amiibos, and I don't think there's any other memorabilia for Off the Hook. And I'm not paying Figma prices for amiibos!

Steam ID: Right here.
              • Options
                TayaTaya Registered User regular
                I'm only missing the loot goblin or whatever from Diablo, the Skylanders DK and Bowser (which doesn't count as amiibo in my opinion), and the ones only released in Japan such as the Monster Hunter Stories and Qbby amiibo.

• Options
                They've been rereleasing a few amiibo with every new amiibo wave, so anything is possible, I guess. Personally, I'm still waiting for a rerelease of Smash Luigi.

It's quite humorous seeing a few pegs full of Wii Fit Trainer these days at Best Buy considering how much folks were clamoring for her in early 2015.

FU7kFbw.png