As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Third Expansion Announced - End of Dragons! We're going to Cantha!

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Yeesh, it's hard to read the reaction on various sites to the S5 announcement.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Well, reddit is a cesspool as usual.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    So, I haven't played GW2 in forever, but got a little curious when I heard they've got some kind of announcement event coming up.

And they announced... a patch? Do they usually do that?

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    So, I haven't played GW2 in forever, but got a little curious when I heard they've got some kind of announcement event coming up.

Just about, yeah. This is why certain cesspools are reacting in certain ways. They expected the stage presence signaled something more than status quo, and got status quo instead.

• Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    So.. it's looking like we WILL be changing guild hall! But there's time for that to change. Vote here! https://www.strawpoll.me/18522502

Provided the vote doesn't massively change.. we'll be chanign halls on 8th September at Missions o clock!

What's all this then?

We're switching guild halls, which means we need to capture the other hall. See here for details: http://dulfy.net/2015/10/23/gw2-guild-hall-claiming-and-upgrade-guide/

Guild halls? What?
    How to Guild Hall

Are there any requirements to partcipate?
    Be level 80, own Path Of Fire (and HoT), be in [NICE] on NA servers, have TS (listen only is fine), and show up!

Once it's ours, some of our officers and veteran novices will be on hand to decorate, you can direct us!

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    reVerse wrote: »

There's a few things going on with it. This is their first big new content that they've worked on since the layoffs. Most of what they had for the first half of the year was already in the pipe and going through QA before that, so there was a lot of worry what that would mean. After all, there's a long history documented on these forums of when NCSoft actually starts messing with their western teams - it's often a death sentence for the game. This event was important for them because they wanted to convey that they're still capable of keeping their existing promises and then some.

Additionally they're changing up how they deliver content. They've split the teams up again and are rebranding their story delivery. In the process they've also reaffirmed their commitment to getting the WvW alliance restructuring done, sounding like they'll have something later this year. Also they finally showed off build templates and it sounds like they're building it out in a similar manner as GW1 where it adjusts traits, skills and gear templates while simultaneously allowing people to share all of those via hash dump. Also they're working on swiss tournaments and 2v2 queueing for PvP.

Finally they announced a bridge between open world content and raiding, known as strike missions. What they demonstrated sounded similar to the Wintersday raid they added in last year, or the dungeons they put into Eye of the North in GW1 where they weren't particularly difficult but required a certain level of coordination to succeed. Also easier to release regularly with content updates throughout the year, if it accomplishes what they're hoping for.

But see it's not raids and fractals so clearly ANet did nothing ded game

Well that's disingenuine, people are mad on the forums and they have every right to be. But this overreaction is a pretty good demonstration as to why ANet has been keeping a wall between their devs and fans. New fractals or raids might be thrown in with a general content announcement a month or two from now - but probably not. Strike missions are being added because neither mode has resonated well with most of the people regularly playing the game, so maybe that will help balancing things out a bit.

naengwen on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Also I didn't comment on ascended cooking. It's not quite as dire of an entry gate as I was expecting - the heat stones are a bit annoying right now (28g aaaaaaaghh) so definitely would recommend taking it easy and crafting the stones if you have an armorsmith, tailor or leatherworker leveled up. Stones are up or if you want to use my daily cooldown I'm happy to donate one if you send me the mats via mail.

The recipes themselves seem daunting at first, but they've included some significant loopholes with regards to home instance farming here - what you wanna do is find someone with 2 other garden plots, have them fill their plots with the cultivated seeds, and farm their home instance. It's only doable once a day still but you can continue hitting their instances, and all of your friends can hit that instance too. As a result, the prices for ascended cooking mats have plummeted and at this point are currently cheaper to make than the prior price points used for sweet and spicy butternut squash soup. That's still not great pricing, but it is a lot more worthwhile when you factor in general usage in open world, raids, fractals and WvW, which is exactly what they were made for :)

Would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you're doing any of those modes for more than an hour at a time.

naengwen on
  • Options
    JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    Well, bought PoF friday. Unlocked some mastery stuff and now have a lizard to ride.

Tried some wuv today, since it was one of the big reasons I played originally. That was a frustrating few hours. Pretty sure I'm never gonna get the keep capture for the warclaw. Every other part of the collection is somewhat grind out-able, because you can do them relatively close to your naturally held areas. But since the main core of wuv players have warclaws, you can't keep up with the zerg, and enemy players are basically hunting the back of the zerg for non-warclaw players like me. Capping a keep is hard enough, but even being around for it looks to be near impossible. Need warclaw to get warclaw.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I nabbed the warclaw a little over a week ago, eventually you'll get it. I derped through it on my pve geared mesmer.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think Anet's been hiding that they have upgraded from a live seasonal-only game to a live seasonal-only plus game since the layoffs. Real expansions were never in the cards and we just have to move forward with that knowledge even though it will never be admitted to.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    naengwen wrote: »
    Also I didn't comment on ascended cooking. It's not quite as dire of an entry gate as I was expecting - the heat stones are a bit annoying right now (28g aaaaaaaghh) so definitely would recommend taking it easy and crafting the stones if you have an armorsmith, tailor or leatherworker leveled up. Stones are up or if you want to use my daily cooldown I'm happy to donate one if you send me the mats via mail.

The recipes themselves seem daunting at first, but they've included some significant loopholes with regards to home instance farming here - what you wanna do is find someone with 2 other garden plots, have them fill their plots with the cultivated seeds, and farm their home instance. It's only doable once a day still but you can continue hitting their instances, and all of your friends can hit that instance too. As a result, the prices for ascended cooking mats have plummeted and at this point are currently cheaper to make than the prior price points used for sweet and spicy butternut squash soup. That's still not great pricing, but it is a lot more worthwhile when you factor in general usage in open world, raids, fractals and WvW, which is exactly what they were made for :)

Would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you're doing any of those modes for more than an hour at a time.

Nevermind ._. they just nerfed the ascended plant farm so you can't gather from a friend's home instance anymore. Unless they increase the drop rate for varietal seeds, the price is prolly gonna climb up until it's only worthwhile to make the food for raids or WvW. Shucks, we were so close to having a grandmaster crafting thing that was both awesome and accessible. RIP.

• Options
    I said I'd give it til the 5th... and it's almost gone this side of the pond... So it's time to go north, to Vabbi!
    Leandriell wrote: »

Provided the vote doesn't massively change.. We'll be changing halls on 8th September at Missions o clock!

What's all this then?

We're switching guild halls, which means we need to capture the other hall. See here for details: http://dulfy.net/2015/10/23/gw2-guild-hall-claiming-and-upgrade-guide/

Guild halls? What?
    How to Guild Hall

Be level 80, own Path Of Fire (and HoT), be in [NICE] on NA servers, have TS (listen only is fine), and show up!

Once it's ours, some of our officers and veteran novices will be on hand to decorate, you can direct us!

• Options
    I said I'd give it til the 5th... and it's almost gone this side of the pond... So it's time to go north, to Vabbi!

Provided the vote doesn't massively change.. We'll be changing halls on 8th September at Missions o clock!

What's all this then?

Guild halls? What?
    How to Guild Hall

Sweet :) will set my alarm to be there!

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Awww man, I wanted to go back to the other Maguuma one, there's no nice place to build a library in the PoF one :(

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    It is doooone! Thanks all for joining us!

I've added ribbon scraps leading from spawn to the important areas. I'll remove these in a few weeks.

Sharkey's suggested an area for your library lucid ;) it's got one bookshelf to mark it. Feel free to use "A Day in Kryta" portrait I've bought in there as well :)

The ballons are marking where my stage will be, but otherwise.. scribes.. go nuts! Just be careful not to remove/move anyone else's stuff!

Leandriell on
  • Options
    It is doooone! Thanks all for joining us!

I've added ribbon scraps leading from spawn to the important areas. I'll remove these in a few weeks.

Sharkey's suggested an area for your library lucid ;) it's got one bookshelf to mark it. Feel free to use "A Day in Kryta" portrait I've bought in there as well :)

The ballons are marking where my stage will be, but otherwise.. scribes.. go nuts! Just be careful not to remove/move anyone else's stuff!

I'll try to log in today to check it out :D

• Options
    edited September 2019
    So... after announcing project go big or go home 2: time to accessorize, update 1 in the spoiler tag.
    For those who missed it, I'm crazy enough to repeat my 2017 chaos of making multiple legendaries at the same time. This time, 2 accessories, Coalescence and Vision.

Vision - Specific
    41 Kralkite

Coalesence - Specific
    70 Elegy Mosaics
    Qadim 2
    W7

Common/Misc
    Plenty of T3-6
    249 Amalgamated Gemstones
    Gift of Battle

Leandriell on
  • Options
    I finished map completion and gift of battle for twilight, just need to grind out mats now. =)

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Aww man, I missed the guild house move. I need to check forums more often.

So I thought to myself the other day, "maybe I'll finally look into making a legendary. I've been stockpiling materials for 7 years, after all."
    NOPE.
    Apparently a legendary isn't something you passively make =p.

Also: https://www.pcgamesn.com/guild-wars-2/difficulty
    This makes me curious what 'hardcore players' do that is different since the stats sort of cap. Are they just that good at combat? If so, what are their techniques?
    I imagine there are players who won't swap between weapon sets, that could account for a lot of it, but I'm still curious about the specifics.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Spec matters, rotation matters, but most importantly, for raids etc. group composition matters.

90+% uptime on things like Alacrity, Might, Fury, and stat buffs increase group dps by a couple of hundred percent.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Can someone do me a favor? I did the 2 authentication a while back. Havent played in forever and the other night I downloaded this so I can put some more hours in.

But its asking for my key from my phone, but i changed numbers. Put in a ticket on friday,but havent heard back. I'm pretty sure my guys are still in Nice.

Can you see my number after my account name? So it should be bloodycow#**** that was one of the things the ticket asked for but I couldn't provide.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    I finally gave in to all the Bound By Blood advertising that somehow kept finding its way to me, I'm downloading all the overdue updates and will be back. I'll check if I'm still in [NICE] and if so I will check for your account, BC.

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    Can someone do me a favor? I did the 2 authentication a while back. Havent played in forever and the other night I downloaded this so I can put some more hours in.

But its asking for my key from my phone, but i changed numbers. Put in a ticket on friday,but havent heard back. I'm pretty sure my guys are still in Nice.

Can you see my number after my account name? So it should be bloodycow#**** that was one of the things the ticket asked for but I couldn't provide.

Bloodycow.2369 is your account as listed in the Guild Roster.

• Options
    Thank you sir!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    I don't really recall the original reaction to HoT, I was on the path of checking out of GW2 at the time, but man I feel like Verdant Brink is just the devs trolling the players. One place I ran/glided around like three times before saying screw this and "cheat" with the Springer. Part of it is just me and Anet don't agree on what should be climbable. This was even true back with release, when for jumping puzzles what I thought should be a real ledge wasn't, and that sketchy knob in the corner actually had the 3d mesh underneath it to stand on...

And while the few PoF maps I've really been in much have some small annoyances, they are so much less head against a brick wall than VB. Hopefully the new Saga map is more like those, and the other old Shiverpeaks maps, which were probably my favorites of the original release.

• Options
    Joiry wrote: »
    I don't really recall the original reaction to HoT, I was on the path of checking out of GW2 at the time, but man I feel like Verdant Brink is just the devs trolling the players. One place I ran/glided around like three times before saying screw this and "cheat" with the Springer. Part of it is just me and Anet don't agree on what should be climbable. This was even true back with release, when for jumping puzzles what I thought should be a real ledge wasn't, and that sketchy knob in the corner actually had the 3d mesh underneath it to stand on...

And while the few PoF maps I've really been in much have some small annoyances, they are so much less head against a brick wall than VB. Hopefully the new Saga map is more like those, and the other old Shiverpeaks maps, which were probably my favorites of the original release.

Navigating HoT with a skyscale feels ~really~ good after slogging through on foot though.

• Options
    Guys

There's only one thing you need to know about the new update

And it's that there's an event that's a Charr heavy metal concert.

• Options
    How long is the normal wait for arena net to respond to a ticket? I put one in Friday morning for the two factor authentication and havent heard anything back yet.

― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    How long is the normal wait for arena net to respond to a ticket? I put one in Friday morning for the two factor authentication and havent heard anything back yet.

I’ve heard back in 1-2 days for mine.

• Options
    I don't really keep up much, but is Marjory a different voice now, too?

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Seems like the voice actress has dropped the sultry noir thing.

• Options
    Finished Twilight for the necromancer! Currently running fractals for the last spoon and a handful more core mastery points. There was another reaper with twilight in Urban Battleground and the giant charr waving them around makes huge black patches everywhere. It was awesome.

• Options
    Finally finished Map Completion on a character. I've been somewhat close over the years, but I've always recycled the character before 100%, so it was really nice to finally do it on a Guard reroll. Doing it very slowly over a ton of drop in drop out sessions in the last 2 months really saved me from the burnout it caused in the past. I've no idea what I'm going to do with the Gifts, but it's still a nice milestone and title that is now out of the way. Time to replay HoT, PoF, S3, and S4 story missions with my tiny burnbrand.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I've been running through more of the Living Story lately. I figured it was about time I got back to it. I'm up to season 3 so far and I just unlocked Ember Bay. I still have a ton of mastery stuff I need to unlock(working on Ley Line Gliding currently. About 75% done) and I need to do some fractals at some point I guess for a few pristine fractal relics so I can finish unlocking Mawdrey.

As someone who wasn't terribly interested in story stuff I have to admit this has been pretty good.

Edit: Finally caught up somewhat and I'm working my way through Path of Fire stuff! I decided to do everything in order because holy crap, spoilers, but man one of those flying mounts would have been really handy.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I started playing again last week.

Last time I played I was beginning to work on my first Legendary. That takes forever. I have the Map Completion and Gift of Battle.
    Now that I'm back, I want to get the Griffon. Finished the story last week. Got 2 of the collections done. Need to keep on going.

After that, I'll look at this current Saga stuff. Will need to level up Griffon Mastery and get more Mastery Points.

I really liked the zone wide events and the crazy layouts of the HoT zones. Felt mysterious and dangerous. The flat PoF areas were boring in comparison. I think that's why I stopped after playing PoF for like 2 weeks.

But looking forward to the Griffon.

I did get the Roller Beetle when that was new. But now that I have him, not sure what kind of cool things you can do with him, I assume races. Anyone enjoy that mount?

Warclaw. Oh boy, I have no plans for that anytime soon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really liked the roller beetle course for the dragon bash daily. I kind of default to the skyscale for everything now though. The warclaw really isn't bad to aquire, it just takes a massive amount of ability points to unlock all the skills if you're starting from scratch. Good luck with the griffon. =)

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Hardest part of the griffon for me is the 250 gold.

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Got the Griffon. Sold a bunch of Mystic coins for the cash!

Just saw a Wooden Potatoes video on how to build for the open world for the Rogue. Just switched up my build from Daredevil to this. It is super awesome. Shooting down regular mobs in like 5 seconds. Its a P/P Deadeye.

Now trying to track down Mastery Points in PoF so I can have unlock the Griffon skills as soon as I can. Did the recent LS prologue. Might go back and do all the LS chapters I missed before. After that, maybe look at a Legendary weapon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Aaaand another update...
    For those who missed it, I'm crazy enough to repeat my 2017 chaos of making multiple legendaries at the same time. This time, 2 accessories, Coalescence and Vision.

Vision - Specific
    None!!

Coalesence - Specific
    27 Elegy Mosaics
    Qadim 2 (I've not murderfaced yet!)
    Air (I've actually done CM on this, but hadn't killed Q1 again)

Common/Misc
    Plenty of T3-6
    249 Amalgamated Gemstones
    Gift of Battle

Leandriell on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I bum rushed through all the story stuff in like a week. I did most of the Season 4 stuff yesterday/last night/....uh, this morning actually. Once I'd gotten into it I could not put it down.

OMG ALL THE FEELS!

/yes I know I'm late to the party
    /some of those fights were utter bs, just sayin'