As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Oh, guild drama. "Fun" story. Our main tank and I have been friends since 7th grade. His wife was the shaman boss. Our guild leader and her decide to have an affair. So, main tank splits. Who has been geared all through MC, BWL, ZG, half of AQ, and the beginning Naxx. Off tank? Not so much. Progress turns into regression and plenty of people don't know why. Once it comes out, guild starts falling apart, which Burning Crusade doesn't help. Not long after that, I decide I'm burnt out on WoW and log for good.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    For anyone in the Ded Boyz who has not logged in to see, we are disbanding the guild and joining another guild, the Booty Bay Boys. Hoping to get a more active guild scene going. Whisper anyone from the Ded Boyz for an invite. Haetus, Iolen, Milktanks, and Scrungolus so far.

Hope this works out.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    For anyone in the Ded Boyz who has not logged in to see, we are disbanding the guild and joining another guild, the Booty Bay Boys. Hoping to get a more active guild scene going. Whisper anyone from the Ded Boyz for an invite. Haetus, Iolen, Milktanks, and Scrungolus so far.

Hope this works out.

O well I had hoped on my troll priest to help but I had things to do today

Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

Hope this works out.

O well I had hoped on my troll priest to help but I had things to do today

No worries, it was a pretty doomed thing from the start. I was really hoping more people from the forums were gonna be down to roll some Horde on the PvP server. There were only 8 of us in the guild anyway so it isn't a big loss.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    people get so upset that i am a level 48 healing their sunken temple group

like chill ive been playing since 2006 i know what im doing

Yeah, efficient healing does a lot. Every pug priest that heals me spams power word shield on cooldown and flash heals a lot. I want to explain mana efficiency and 5 second rule to them, but they wouldn't listen.

Beasteh wrote: »
    people get so upset that i am a level 48 healing their sunken temple group

like chill ive been playing since 2006 i know what im doing

Isn't the range for ST 45 to 52? Healing it at 48 sounds normal.

Unless I'm missing something.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Doesnt pw:s fuck with warrior rage generation?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Doesnt pw:s fuck with warrior rage generation?

Beartank rage too and oh god I'm always rage starved. But I've yet to meet a priest in Classic that doesn't know this. Been pretty impressed with the quality of players while pugging instances, though it helps that I'm tanking. That's the spot that randos tend to screw up.

ST isn't hard, right up until the moment it spikes a fuckton. The Hakkar event is the closest thing to a skill check, and then ... Eranikus is randomly level 55 and requires an offtank for the first time? Yeah hope you brought one or you just wasted two hours.

We survived with 1: evasion on a Rogue and 2: the Arms warrior made for a 10 second speedbump which was long enough to get us through with a battle rez.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    That why you don't do it to the tank unless absolutely going to die. It's more for DPS that pull aggro.

Yes, you should almost never PW:S the tank unless the upcoming boss hits like a truck full of trucks.

And you should never flash heal the tank unless something went horribly wrong or you're in a raid with someone assigned to innervate you to feed your bad habits.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Like I barely go below 50% and heal same level instances fine. It's not hard if you know what you're doing.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Most of the time I forget I even have flash heal. I sometimes use PW:S on the tank if they're at lower health than I'd like and then immediately start healing them.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    An important note about difficulty now vs then is "nobody had ever seen it then", as well as "there were no fucking mods".

Like, we used CTRaid and liked it. That's after they ADDED the ability to make raid frames, but well before they exposed threat or DPS APIs. Ability timers and cast warnings? Poor fucker with a stopwatch. Respawn timer? Same poor fucker with a stopwatch and a pad/pencil. BigWigs was an absolute miracle when it happened. And a bigger miracle when they made it work right.

Add to that "I wonder what the hell Ragnaros actually does..." and so forth, and I mean of course things took longer. It was new! There were no guides, no dungeon journal, no wowhead, no strategy videos. You pulled the 4H and attempted to stay alive long enough to see what happened. (Answer: A lot of very bad things very rapidly.)

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    And even when BigWigs worked, sometimes you still had to make your own timers. I had a set of raid broadcasts that I'd manually click every X seconds, each on a different second, for the spawns of little eyes/big eyes/big claws during C'Thun.

Yup. Heh. I remember first-pull on the fuckin' Eyeball.

"Okay, so let's group up, ride in, and see what he does!"

"Oh. Oh okay that's what he does, let's not do that again."

Oh and the god damn trash before and after the Emps...

I learned to stand waaaaaaay in the corner when regrouping after a wipe. Way, way, way in the corner.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i'm going to dissent on PW:S on tanks. You don't "have" to use it, but on certain bosses that open hard there's no reason to avoid it. If your group can't wait 2 seconds for the tank to land a couple of hits then sure, avoid it. However, it's a nice free mana cast before a fight to absorb a couple of hits while the tank can still charge and get sunder off. It doesn't absorb "that" much either as i recall that armor and avoidance don't count for it, so it goes away fast.
    also its fun to mess with tanks.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    managed to hit 35 on my warlock tonight. so now im in SM level range on both my lock and my priest, eww. But I think im going to brave nesingwary's next warlock play session and blast through all 3 tiers of his quests. I'm sure it will just be a bloodbath though. After 37 or so though I got a pretty solid plan of desolace and then going to the badlands. It just kinda sucks I gotta split my playtime between 2 characters depending when my wife wants to play. I'm just slightly behind the wave of players on my server so it can be awkward getting dungeon groups, and running a few dungeons every time a new one opens smooths the leveling out so much.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I'd say do Nesingwary's/north STV on off-hours or mid-weekdays if at all possible. I had my first really bad session since Classic started when I forgot it was Sunday and tried to do things there a few different times (between doing IRL things). Everything was farmed out, there was nothing to hit. When I'd finally get a mobs the Horde would randomly be aggro and uuugh. Went back late at night and it was super productive.

Mining definitely has a slump around 100-125, but it's paid off big time and been really worth it - especially after the copper/tin markets rebounded following the first couple leveling waves. I just hit 40 and I've got 100+ gold thanks to mining/skinning and some random BoE drops. I don't think the game would be playable without a bank alt, though - or if it was I'd have half the money or less. Being able to dump into mail is invaluable.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    It's crazy to me that Hypnotic Blade which I got at 34 is still the best caster 1H and likely won't get replaced until BRD/Scholo

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I tried doing the Kurzen Camp quests in STV yesterday and the day before

At least 20 people fighting for tags

Gave up and went to Hillsbrad which had a less crazy amount of people

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Yes, you should almost never PW:S the tank unless the upcoming boss hits like a truck full of trucks.

And you should never flash heal the tank unless something went horribly wrong or you're in a raid with someone assigned to innervate you to feed your bad habits.

You can if they're a paladin tank.

😏

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Well, if they're a paladin tank they need to drink between every second pull in my experience, so no need to be careful with mana as healer anyway :).

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I just raided for the first time.

We didn't fight Ragnaros because we didn't meet the requirement for doing so, but we killed all the other MC bosses.

The guild I'm in has declared that they will be doing a loot council, but we don't have enough level 60s for a full raid yet, so this was half PUG and we rolled on gear instead. I got Circlet of Prophecy and Aurastone Hammer!

Grats!

There was only one other Warlock in my PUG MC raid last week and yet I lost every roll :(.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Well, if they're a paladin tank they need to drink between every second pull in my experience, so no need to be careful with mana as healer anyway :).

Only until they get JoW and Salvation!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Even with the fastest dagger in the game you wont even break even on the cost of seal + judgement let alone get enough back to be regularly dropping consecrate.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I rolled a shaman and instantly felt like leveling my paladin to 24 was like hitting my head with a pan over and over.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Even with the fastest dagger in the game you wont even break even on the cost of seal + judgement let alone get enough back to be regularly dropping consecrate.

I'm not having much issue. I don't generally have to stop unless we get a ton of adds or people are attacking the wrong things.

Paladins can't use daggers.

At my level (46) I get back ~80mana a swing. That's roughly 3 swings to break even. I run both the seal and the judgement and bow on myself. Literally never have to stop as long as I don't have to blow my load and people watch their threat and follow kill order... which you should be doing regardless. Shit I can hold threat from aoes fairly decently most of the time unless the person outlevels me by a ton.

bowen on
    edited September 2019
    @enlightenedbum probably has a more finite grasp on how often I drink as the healer who is usually healing me, but I think in ZF I drank maybe 5-6 times total and most of that was because I was just absolutely not paying attention and got to the point where I was blasting mana to keep up with the level 60. Most of the time it's I think ~3 times tops.

bowen on
    The economy on Pagle is utterly stupid / ridiculous. 24 gold Taran Icebreakers....wtf.

bowen wrote: »
    @enlightenedbum probably has a more finite grasp on how often I drink as the healer who is usually healing me, but I think in ZF I drank maybe 5-6 times total and most of that was because I was just absolutely not paying attention and got to the point where I was blasting mana to keep up with the level 60. Most of the time it's I think ~3 times tops.

I like never had to drink before Ulda, it was great. I only really pay attention to your green bar not the blue one though.

I like never had to drink before Ulda, it was great. I only really pay attention to your green bar not the blue one though.

We had been overgearing/overleveled most of those dungeons I think though. We just were running arm/cath for items at that point constantly.

enlightenedbum probably has a more finite grasp on how often I drink as the healer who is usually healing me, but I think in ZF I drank maybe 5-6 times total and most of that was because I was just absolutely not paying attention and got to the point where I was blasting mana to keep up with the level 60. Most of the time it's I think ~3 times tops.

We had been overgearing/overleveled most of those dungeons I think though. We just were running arm/cath for items at that point constantly.

I didn't drink that much in our first, hilariously underleveled run through cathedral.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    C'mon, six levels under the final boss isn't that underleveled

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So I rolled a priest 100% for mind control.

And it has always been worth it.

https://youtu.be/Q2SEdPalMw8

was that a rogue too? Couldn't happen to a nicer class!

Since we're doing Mind Control love, this video is from 15 years ago from my old guild.

https://youtu.be/WuMgZi3BMuE

And PvP vid one of our opponents made. You can see me as a Tauren with a Helm of Valor prior to the graphic change and a Runeblade of Baron Rivendare because I was trying (and failing) to make it work.

https://youtu.be/XdgnqJKwiI4

Rius wrote: »
    C'mon, six levels under the final boss isn't that underleveled

You weren't our lowest dps in that run, IIRC!

Aww, one more since both of the above are like 14-15 years old. One of our guildies made a guide / warning for leveling on a PvP server that was fun. Again, it's from that era.

https://youtu.be/v5z7X1xSNPc

This discussion has been closed.