As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Newfangled Previews thread, beware here be spoilers.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Chase's tee shirt made me smile
    Chase's shirt and Karonlina are pretty much the only parts I'm okay with.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Nico looks terrible they better not have her start wearing half shirts like that, and Chase's head is way to small. Molly looks ok and Old Lace I actually like but its a dinosaur so you can't really mess that up. Xavin and Karolina look alright

smokmnky on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Newsarama has an interview up with Johns and Kolins, regarding their new mini-series Rogues' Revenge. There's some concept art of the Rogues to accompany it. I love Piper's new costume.

Munch on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So X-Force looks about what I expected.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I liked the X-Force preview. Kyle and Yost haven't done me wrong yet, so I'm looking forward to it.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sax: Which would be...

Damn you, Mask!

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Oh hey, there's this quote button thingy that prevents embarrassing situations like this. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, yeah. You're so clever.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Not all that great, actually. Not truly terrible (yet, we'll have to see how it ties into Messiah CompleX), but the only good thing about ditching New X-men so far is no more Hellion or David.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    We still haven't heard what Young X-Men is all about, so I'm guessing you should hold off on the celebration for a bit, Sax. Also, the X-Men world needs more David, not less.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I heard somewhere that Young X-Men could just be a false rumor.

Has it been confirmed by Marvel?

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I believe Nick Lowe, one of the the X-Editors, mentioned it in a press release to Wizard, so that's as good as confirmed as you probably can get right now. I'm thinking it might get solicited this month or next.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Nico looks terrible they better not have her start wearing half shirts like that, and Chase's head is way to small. Molly looks ok and Old Lace I actually like but its a dinosaur so you can't really mess that up. Xavin and Karolina look alright
    Nico is actually wearing a full shirt. Yeah, it took me a few glances to be able to tell, too.

And Molly looks way too young.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited January 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I believe Nick Lowe, one of the the X-Editors, mentioned it in a press release to Wizard, so that's as good as confirmed as you probably can get right now. I'm thinking it might get solicited this month or next.

YX-Men was indeed mentioned in a press release for the reprinting of one of the Messiah CompleX chapters. There should be a solicit next month.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Crimson, we're like an awesome tag-team of Marvel fans. I was gonna say "dynamic duo", but that seemed a bit crass. :P

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I said butt-buddies in the last GV awards thread, but that works too.

I guess.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Nico is actually wearing a full shirt. Yeah, it took me a few glances to be able to tell, too.

And Molly looks way too young.

Could somebody please tell me what the hell is going on with Molly's eyes, unless the next arc involves the Chase tracking down some Super-hallucinogenics i really can't understand what would possess him to draw her like that.

And anybody else think that Nico kinda looks like an incredibly disgruntled hooker?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Seriously, the Nico is terrible and I don't care what you think of Ramos' art.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    New DC previews for this weeks batch o' funnybooks, featuring a guy named Booster and them Birds o' Prey.

Holy Abbey Road homage Batman.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is the first page of the Booster Gold preview not working for anyone else?

This happens all the time for me at newsarama.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Is the first page of the Booster Gold preview not working for anyone else?

This happens all the time for me at newsarama.

It's posted in the discussion thread.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm amazed that Onyx of all people appears in that BoP preview. I thought they were trying to forget that she exists.

Darth Nat on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is it just me or do the Runaways look like they were drawn to fit into X-Men Evolution? Not that it's bad, it just doesn't fit right.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    CBR has a talk with Joe Casey over his upcoming work on The Last Defenders, listed so far by Marvel as a six-issue miniseries. Not a lot is revealed other then three uncolored and untexted pages from the first issue. Take a look in the spoiler box to see them as well as the cover for those who've forgotten/are unaware who's gonna be on the team.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12742
    LSTDFNDRS001.jpg
    LASTDEF001004_600.jpg
    LASTDEF001005_600.jpg
    LASTDEF001007_600.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Most random teamup ever?

Though I guess the original Defenders were an odd mix too.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fuck off, Nighthawk

Bloods End on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well as long as we have our obligatory Iron Man cameo so he can act like a dick and/or be bitched at for acting like a dick in some other book.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Ever since I started reading Earth X, Paradise X, etc. I've hated Nighthawk. He's just such a whiny putz in that series "Oooo the future, I wear a hood, I'm emotionallllllll."

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure Iron Man will be shown in a good light in this book. After all, he's either asking or working with Nighthawk to put together the Defenders.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Gods he better. I just got so sick of the New Warriors bullshit.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm really sick of Iron Man being a dick.

For fuck sake, can we have more of Tony going "I didn't think the SHRA would blow up in my face so epically." And less "HAHA FUCK YOU I TOTALLY KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

For fuck sake, can we have more of Tony going "I didn't think the SHRA would blow up in my face so epically." And less "HAHA FUCK YOU I TOTALLY KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"

Yeah, I find it odd that the book he's been portrayed most sympathetically is Captain America, considering that's one of the most anti-SHRA books out there. But then again it's written by Brubaker. I have yet to see him mess up any character, even the smallest most random cameo.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2008
    I don't think Captain America can be called an anti-SHRA book, at this point. The Registration Act was the catalyst for this arc, but it's been more about the characters than saying who is right and who is wrong.

Shit, I'd almost call the Initiative a more anti-registration book at this point.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Good point, Geebs. I guess I was thinking in terms of the main character dying as a result of the war, but Initiative levels a lot more criticism at the SHRA now that I think about it.

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Good point, Geebs. I guess I was thinking in terms of the main character dying as a result of the war, but Initiative levels a lot more criticism at the SHRA now that I think about it.
    Yeah, but that's only because people Iron Man trusts have essentially betrayed him.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Yeah, I find it odd that the book he's been portrayed most sympathetically is Captain America, considering that's one of the most anti-SHRA books out there. But then again it's written by Brubaker. I have yet to see him mess up any character, even the smallest most random cameo.

I just wanted to say I love your sig.

I just wish it had Hulk speaking and everyone gasping.

...Except Daredevil, who's staring off to the side and gasping :lol:

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, The Initiative definitely beats the "SHRA = road to hell" drum hardest. New Warriors takes an extremely un-nuanced view of the SHRA, which may be intentional to reflect the naive views of the young protagonists. For the most part I think that other books that deal with the SHRA are working around to the "necessary evil" viewpoint.

I think that if you're taking a long view of Iron Man's place in Marvel right now, you'd see that the corner is turning and that he's not so much the villain as he was before. A lot of books have him make an appearance, which should give readers an idea of how much he's really doing and what kind of pressures he's under. Cap and Iron Man are showing this even more closely, I think. I know my opinion of Tony has changed quite a bit since Civil War (I actually like him again).

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    When the last round of nominations goes up, Tony is is my number 1 nomination for Hero of 2007 for being in every non-X-Men 616 book running around trying to put out a million fires and not going completely batshit crazy. I've come to admire him just for being able to hold the line given all the shit that's been thrown at him last year and into this year.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    An untexted preview of The Twelve #2 has popped up. Dropped in the spoiler box due to the events at the end of the first issue.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=143232
    TheTwelve02cover.jpg
    TheTwelve02preview1.jpg
    TheTwelve02preview2.jpg
    TheTwelve02preview3.jpg
    TheTwelve02preview4.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    That looks pretty good. I don't know about you guys, but I really liked The Twelve #1, and I've got high hopes for the rest of the series.

wwtMask on
This discussion has been closed.