As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    This isn't that hard to get around.

Wait, how would you get around it?

I suspect there's a small gap between the door and the fixed glass panel, just because I can't imagine any office investing in an actual tight fitting sliding door for an internal cube separation.
    If that's the case, a wire coat hanger, bent straight with a hook on the end would be about the easiest way I could think of.

• BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    There's probably also a back door or fire escape too.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don't even...

My favorite quote is the last paragraph:
    “Swimsuits migrate," she said. "You have to assume this is a part of the sport.”

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    When your compensation fails to compensate:

https://youtu.be/vOvjoEf1XK8

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    What is even happening there? How is he burning out on that tiny hill?

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'm not a truck guy, but it looks like he only has one rear axle engaged so all of the power is being pushed through just two tires, with the extra added weight from the truck pushing back from being on an incline. He probably doesn't realize you have to actually turn on all-wheel or 6-wheel drive for the vehicle (some vehicles have an automatic setting, some it's manual, and some it can be both), so he doesn't realize he's slipping on two tires instead of moving on six.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    That truck is a custom 6 wheeler. It wasn’t properly set up to use all wheels from what I understand.

And 6 wheels looks dumb.

BronzeKoopa on
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    What a dumbass. Use 6 wheel you idiot or alternatively don't overload your truck.

Aridhol on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I really doubt the guy that bought that truck even remotely understands (or cares) that there is a specific point to having six wheels (pulling a heavy payload without blowing out your tires), not that more tires=more better moving.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I'd be willing to bet that's someone's work truck, and it's someone other than the usual driver behind the wheel who has no idea what they're doing.

"Hey Billy, we need somone to do the lunch run and I can't step away from this. Take my truck."

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    This isn't that hard to get around.

Wait, how would you get around it?

Sliding entrance/exit doors are generally required to come off their track if pushed inward or outward. In some places they're even required to convert to a swinging door in this case rather than just coming off the track. Generally a fire code thing to prevent them from becoming a wall if the power's out or everyone's pushing to get out, but it's also a good safety feature for an automatic door, because temporarily disabling the door is better than every out of control shopping cart or Amigo just going through the glass.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Only supplying power to the rear axle is the main fail. Poor engineering is the other. The truck is too small to need a 3rd axle, so when the truck crests that small rise, there's not enough weight over the back end to keep the 4 rear tires on the ground. It is basically high-centering itself on it's un-powered front and middle axles, which reduces the weight on the powered rear axle causing the tires to spin.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

He is driving in 2 wheel drive mode (the front back tires are not engaged to drive). He has nothing in the bed and when he attempts to go over the hump in the incline (its slight) the front rear tires lift the rear rear tires slightly off the ground, causing them to lose traction and spin. He is effectively high centering his truck on his own wheels

wbBv3fj.png
  • AimAim Registered User regular
    <Cue photo of pickups facing the wrong way in the ditch in mountain roads>

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

... something, something, still not enough to play d6 SW ...

• BaywatchDaveBaywatchDave Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    The problem was one of them rolled a critical failure and well DM gonna DM.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    "I thought my DM told me to roll 5000d6."

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Gone right: We finally have a news story worthy of this thread out of Australia that doesn't involve deadly flora or fauna.

Bad news: That's because it involves the headline "massive semen explosion":
    A huge fire at a cattle breeding facility in Australia has caused thousands of dollars in damage after at least 100 cylinders containing bull semen were destroyed.

Emergency services were called to the blaze in the early hours at Yarram Herd Services in Gippsland, Victoria.
    A spokesman from the Country Fire Authority told Daily Mail Australia that the fire had "completely shredded the building."

Country Fire Authority Gippsland commander Chris Loeschenkohl said the crew had to be wary of "projectiles" coming at them while they tackled the blaze.

"The liquid inside the cylinders was rapidly expanding and essentially the lids of the cryogenic cylinders were just popping off the top and projectiles were being thrown from the building," he told ABC.

• KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    Gone right: We finally have a news story worthy of this thread out of Australia that doesn't involve deadly flora or fauna.

Bad news: That's because it involves the headline "massive semen explosion":
    A huge fire at a cattle breeding facility in Australia has caused thousands of dollars in damage after at least 100 cylinders containing bull semen were destroyed.

Emergency services were called to the blaze in the early hours at Yarram Herd Services in Gippsland, Victoria.
    A spokesman from the Country Fire Authority told Daily Mail Australia that the fire had "completely shredded the building."

Country Fire Authority Gippsland commander Chris Loeschenkohl said the crew had to be wary of "projectiles" coming at them while they tackled the blaze.

"The liquid inside the cylinders was rapidly expanding and essentially the lids of the cryogenic cylinders were just popping off the top and projectiles were being thrown from the building," he told ABC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25SPhNpWIhk

Scottish person winds up in Leavenworth, WA, promptly loses mind:

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

The American Tourist Trap is indeed indescribable to anyone who has not seen one before.

Like one of those psychiatric disorders that only exist in a specific cultural setting.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The comment on “so in the 60’s we decided to” describing much of the American West is far more informative on American History than any textbook.

VRXwDW7.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I could see myself spending some quality time in the Krampus Kave.

And I'd have to get a T-Shirt or wine glass from the "Hard Row to Hoe" parlor.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • AimAim Registered User regular
    BTW, that's a winery, but the meaning behind the name is quite literally about rowing a boat to a brothel.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    did I just learn there are Frankenmuth’s everywhere

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I only just realized that 'All Year Christmas' shops are connected to faux Bavarian towns.

I wonder if roast chicken is also connected...mmmm.

Zehnders amirite

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

As someone who has been to Solvang and Leavenworth, that thread is a delight.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Man, I love Leavenworth.

I do wonder where that guy was hitchhiking to/from in order to end up in Leavenworth though.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    We have a place like that too here in Oregon, Mt. Angel. It's actually Oktoberfest too, might have to head up.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Man, I love Leavenworth.

I do wonder where that guy was hitchhiking to/from in order to end up in Leavenworth though.
    He was hiking the pactic crest trail

wbBv3fj.png
    Goumindong wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Man, I love Leavenworth.

He was hiking the pactic crest trail

I can’t see phrases like that now and not first think it’s a euphemism for boning

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    We have one like those in Córdoba, Argentina, some german dudes bougth a ton of land in the middle of nowhere, and sold plots on the condition that any building would follow the aesthetic.
    https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/la-cumbrecita-argentina/index.html

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    We have a couple small towns like that here in Wisconsin, but they were built by german settlers in the mid to late 1800s

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I see that requisite musical edits have already been made in that thread

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    And we have a case of life imitating art.

Specifically, Monty Python:
    A banana thrown at a man’s face prompted a call to Omaha police.

Officers were called to Benson Tower at 59th Street and the Northwest Radial shortly before 9:20 a.m. Thursday “in order to investigate an assault with a banana.” A 53-year-old man said he had gotten into an argument with a 23-year-old female resident.

The man told police he walked away to de-escalate the situation, but as the elevator doors were about to close, the man saw the woman’s hand “punch through the door, followed by a banana,” according to a police report.

This discussion has been closed.