As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I had the chance to get all of ZSS, Bayonetta, and Wii Fit at one Best Buy but figured showing up at the counter with those three together would look suspect.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Just remembered that I pre-ordered a Snake amiibo for my brother-in-law a few weeks back. He's a lapsed Nintendo gamer that's back into the fold with the Switch and hasn't really owned a Nintendo platform since the N64, if not maybe the SNES

He's not an amiibo collector, but he does love him some Metal Gear, so that should be a fun surprise to arrive on his doorstep Friday.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    They've been rereleasing a few amiibo with every new amiibo wave, so anything is possible, I guess. Personally, I'm still waiting for a rerelease of Smash Luigi.

It's quite humorous seeing a few pegs full of Wii Fit Trainer these days at Best Buy considering how much folks were clamoring for her in early 2015.

Really? I have not been to best buy in sometime {it's dubious at least to ride a bike there} I know I got the Wii fit from someone here and I have not opened it because
    Taya wrote: »
    I'm only missing the loot goblin or whatever from Diablo, the Skylanders DK and Bowser (which doesn't count as amiibo in my opinion), and the ones only released in Japan such as the Monster Hunter Stories and Qbby amiibo.

I have the loot goblin, the bowser skylanders one {it was a open package so it was only $6 at the time} and I have all the monster hunter ones. which was interesting as I talked someone I worked with to get Monster Hunter stories and they asked it takes amiibo and I accidently talked what the monster hunter ones do so I loaned him two and was surprised he returned them a few days later

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yep, Wii Fit Trainer's common at Best Buy now.

What's funny is that there's dozens of Pichus clogging up the store shelves, even though pretty much every other new Smash amiibo release sells through in a month or so. Nobody likes that little bastard.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I think the Pichu sold just as well as the others, but was massively overproduced for some reason.

Both of the Best Buys in my town got in like 5 Isabelles, 5 Trainers, and over 30 Pichus.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I had the chance to get all of ZSS, Bayonetta, and Wii Fit at one Best Buy but figured showing up at the counter with those three together would look suspect.

I’m always suspicious of adults buying toys. ;)

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

There are varying levels of suspicious!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

There are varying levels of suspicious!

Hmm. Maybe that’s why the Home Depot guys gave me a funny look when I bought duct tape, plastic bags and bleach.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

Best Buy sells My Little Pony stuff. Trust me, the cashiers have seen some shit.

I kind of want the wedding Bowser. He was everywhere and then disappeared while Wedding Peach and Wedding Mario went on clearance. I only have the Splatoon emcees, Inkling Girl, and Solaire.

edited September 2019

Best Buy sells My Little Pony stuff. Trust me, the cashiers have seen some shit.

I kind of want the wedding Bowser. He was everywhere and then disappeared while Wedding Peach and Wedding Mario went on clearance. I only have the Splatoon emcees, Inkling Girl, and Solaire.

I mean. I've definitely bought My Little Pony stuff at Walgreens before.

don't judge me!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

I mean. I've definitely bought My Little Pony stuff at Walgreens before.

don't judge me!

No judging but it is interesting that you’re ok with one but not the other. :P

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    This curse will never be lifted.
    6ml9rpqoytjn.jpg

Also THIEF is so shiny

Wow, those Pokemon amiibo look stellar.

FU7kFbw.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I like that snake is on a sneaking mission back there

Just remembered that I pre-ordered a Snake amiibo for my brother-in-law a few weeks back. He's a lapsed Nintendo gamer that's back into the fold with the Switch and hasn't really owned a Nintendo platform since the N64, if not maybe the SNES

He's not an amiibo collector, but he does love him some Metal Gear, so that should be a fun surprise to arrive on his doorstep Friday.

It's his first amiibo and he already knows how the game is played.

Si6AG75l.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
    Dark Samus and Richter Belmont are scheduled for January 17, and they're already live on Best Buy's site. Amazon will presumably follow in a few days or so.

No sign of Amiibo for fighter's pass Smash characters, which is a touch concerning.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I think the fighter pass 5 will all release together, so they wont announce anything until all characters are announced/out.

Kizmitt wrote: »
    I think the fighter pass 5 will all release together, so they wont announce anything until all characters are announced/out.

Which is possible. Toys take a surprisingly long time to go from prototyping to production, and we know at least some of the fighters' pass characters weren't locked down until late last year.

Finally got an update on the shovel knight 3-pack, looks like it’s set for a December 10th release.

FU7kFbw.png
    I cancelled my pre-order for the 3-pack. I ordered it such a long time ago and now I just don't care about the Shovel Knight characters anymore. I appreciate that they took time to make that DLC the best it can be but it was just too drawn out.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I just got notified that the 3 pack is shipping.

I ordered it in Feb 2018. Holy shit.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Yeah this is the longest outstanding order on my amazon.

My gold shovel knight is also being shipped 8-)

Welp, Dark Samus and Richter come out Friday, and there's no other Amiibo announced. Have we reached the end of the line? Or is Nintendo getting all their ducks in a row for Smash DLC Amiibo? There's a Smash direct on Thursday, so maybe we'll find out soon.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    With Dark Samus this Friday I've reached the end of my amiibo collecting. I am actually thinking about paring the ones I have down. I just needed the last of my Metroid amiibo. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    I'm going to have to stop after the first DLC wave (if it comes), since I'm running out of room on the cool floating shelves that are now discontinued.

...huh, no more Amiibo announced. While it's certainly possible production of the Smash DLC Amiibo was delayed to prevent leaks (toys take much longer to design and produce than you'd think), I guess we shouldn't count on any more coming out. Toys-to-life is thoroughly dead aside from Amiibo, after all.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Finally got a second shelf for my amiibo. Now I just need to get the displays for the new ones!
    h9bqz7g4fz2w.jpg
    d5mnzzq7btd0.jpg

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
      edited May 2020
      Just noticed that Best Buy is taking preorders for a restock of the piranha plant and smash Isabelle amiibos.
      Both of them pretty much immediately disappeared from stores after release last year.

Edit: K.Rool too. He wasn’t completely impossible to find before though.

SaraLuna on
      Anyone have an idea where I can find the box art for the newer amiibo? Specifically after the Bayonetta wave.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
        TimFiji wrote: »
        Anyone have an idea where I can find the box art for the newer amiibo? Specifically after the Bayonetta wave.

Found this off Reddit

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BxhNqKART29xfkN0OEt2bndZYzVBYlA5WThxRG05MHY2UzFYSlp0RnVGbUxmS2lIWWZ2d1E

Nintendo Console Codes
        Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
        not sure if this is old news or not, but amazon has a bunch of link amiibos (presumably japanese imports) that were previously only offered in limited quantities through single retailers (presumably because NOA is even more stupid than NOJ or whatever)

There's been a bunch of re-releases of the more recent Smash amiibo like Isabelle, K. Rool, Piranha Plant, Dark Samus and the like.

I think Wii Fit Trainer went on sale at some places for $10, which is just mind-boggling for those who lived through the crunch times.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
        cloudeagle wrote: »
        There's been a bunch of re-releases of the more recent Smash amiibo like Isabelle, K. Rool, Piranha Plant, Dark Samus and the like.

I think Wii Fit Trainer went on sale at some places for $10, which is just mind-boggling for those who lived through the crunch times.

I almost bought the Wii Fit Trainer because I remember there was a massive demand for it. But I would just be adding to my clutter... What was it used for and why was it in such demand?

oosik_betsuni.png
        Steam: betsuni7
      • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
        all 5 of the amiibos I'm missing are on sale now

.... but man, $130 for 5 action figures .... I dunno

Betsuni wrote: »

I almost bought the Wii Fit Trainer because I remember there was a massive demand for it. But I would just be adding to my clutter... What was it used for and why was it in such demand?

Smash Bros., and the same reason people went apeshit over toilet paper when there was a brief supply disruption.

skeldare wrote: »
        TimFiji wrote: »

Found this off Reddit

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0BxhNqKART29xfkN0OEt2bndZYzVBYlA5WThxRG05MHY2UzFYSlp0RnVGbUxmS2lIWWZ2d1E

I saw that before, but the date was 2015. Just clicked on some of the folders and it does have newer ones. Thanks!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Smash Bros., and the same reason people went apeshit over toilet paper when there was a brief supply disruption.

Ahhh, the famous fear of missing out and then the mass mobbing... I really don't understand people. Honestly I'm still waiting for the last BotW figures to be released here, but gave up and ordered the Japanese re-releases.

oosik_betsuni.png
          Steam: betsuni7
        • OptyOpty Registered User regular

Wii Fit Trainer in particular had a very small run and was one of the first, if not the first, Smash Amiibo to become impossible to find in stores.

Opty wrote: »

Wii Fit Trainer in particular had a very small run and was one of the first, if not the first, Smash Amiibo to become impossible to find in stores.

That one and Villager. Which explains why Nintendo went bonkers with an Animal Crossing line nobody bought (because the supply shortages had been sorted out by then).

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
          AC amiibo did haunt the clearance bin... but can you imagine if they did a second wave NOW? Imagine how much money a Raymond amiibo would make.