As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I can help you with curses! I'll log on in about 30 minutes and we can find it and knock it out.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Curses is one of the easiest ones. Just spam reroll games until cursed peat bounty shows up then beg the thread for help. Works for me every time!

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Finally finished the Season. I feel like the build I was using with Raekor really loses steam abour GHR 70 and higher. GR80's take around 11 minutes and I have a few close calls as I do them.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    When you start hitting a wall with it, you need to level gems and cald them to your equipment. It's basically all you can do for any of the classes as you start hitting walls.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Klatu wrote: »
    When you start hitting a wall with it, you need to level gems and cald them to your equipment. It's basically all you can do for any of the classes as you start hitting walls.

Well like you said, the Charge builds aren't great. I feel like the flaw is that charge becomes AoE and each charge only gives you 1 stack, when it should give a stack for each enemy hit. Then instead of bouncing around to get around say 20 stacks, you could just charge in 4 times to group. It feels like I waste too much time building charges which leaves me open to almost dying. I'm pretty sure I have all of Kings, and I might just me short one piece of Wastes and Earth. It looks like Kings is more consistent but it's only one flat 4000% boost. I'll see how that works in comparison.

EDIT Correction, I'm missing the gloves, so I'll have to grind till I get another piece to reroll into gloves

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    *grandpa voice*
    I used a charge build before it was a thing. I used it because if I stopped moving long enough to get hit I would die. I was basically playing the Flash in Diablo which sounds a lot cooler than it really was.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Am I crazy, or did you used to get the first bit of haedrigs gear with the first season goals?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    As an update, I got the Kings set up and running and at least on T16 and Gr70's I'm already miles ahead of where I was. I need to level up a pain enhancer before I go into 80's, but I think I might be ok now. I can at least keep Wrath up all the time now and the choice to use Traveler's Pledge and Compass Rose for the bonuses now make sense since I can stand in one spot and let my damage build up.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Am I crazy, or did you used to get the first bit of haedrigs gear with the first season goals?

There are days when I swore it used to give it then... But not sure.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I don't think it ever did, and I get tripped up by that every season

• Options
    If it did, then either chapter 2 or 3 would have had no gear, which doesn't sound right.

• Options
    Well I got Pain Enhancer to 50 and went into a GR 80.....and finished it in 7:36 compared to 9 minutes with Raekor. I definitely like it more.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Ok, so I guess I'll have to wait for my 2 piece bonus until 70 then. Also, people reach 70 in no time flat by what again, power levelling with other higher level people? I frankly can't even find a single master level rift group this season.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Ok, so I guess I'll have to wait for my 2 piece bonus until 70 then. Also, people reach 70 in no time flat by what again, power levelling with other higher level people? I frankly can't even find a single master level rift group this season.

I can powerlevel you right now if you have the time. Assuming you're on PC.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    I'm on Switch, and that's maybe the problem, if the userbase has diminished a lot.

• Options
    I'm on Switch, and that's maybe the problem, if the userbase has diminished a lot.

Yeah sorry I can't help with that.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    They stopped giving you the first Haedrigs on chapter 1 of the journey back in season... 8? You didn't even have to complete the full chapter then either, just specific objectives :D

I'd love it if charge gave 1 stack for each enemy hit, that'd be so good. I usually try to have 70+ stacks for when the RG appears, but even that isn't enough and you can burn through the stacks crazy fast. Having to charge another 50 times to get a few slams stacks out again sucks. Especially if you are on a timer, like the last few seconds of a power pylon or shielding pylon :(

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    This is a strange feeling not having the season done yet. Easiest part left too.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    This is a strange feeling not having the season done yet. Easiest part left too.

Slacker : )

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Slacker : )

That fits since I started the season with a power level!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I managed to luck into a Primal Kyoshiro's Blade that dropped with CDR and vitality sub Paragon 600 this season. Now I just need Ramaluigi's so I can re-add a primary.

It's both very fortunate and a welcome change of pace from having never found a good Primal.

butts
  • Options
    Just finished the Campaign with my Barb. I kinda wish Necro was $5 since I'm not sure how fun it is to play, and it's the last class I was interested in having a run with.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I forget if necro has been 50% off, but it’s definitely been 33% off somewhat regularly. Probably for blizzcon.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I got a fate of the fell for my pity primal. Seems pretty good to get a weapon.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I decided I wanted to get the necro wings, and realized I have no characters with any story progress anymore. I know I beat the campaign on a bunch of characters back in the day. I wonder if I just deleted those characters before rebirth was a thing. I'll probably just pop it to Normal and blitz through. I can use it as an opportunity to try to pick up some of the exploration and merchant achievements I'm missing.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    I forget if necro has been 50% off, but it’s definitely been 33% off somewhat regularly. Probably for blizzcon.

31% off for the next 4 days.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    PTR Thursday:

- Vacuum pick-up for GR keys
    - Increased drop chance for Legacy of Dreams gem
    - Group-wide killstreak bonuses??
    The buff for Season 19, the Season of Eternal Conflict, has been added
    Pandemonium

For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds

Each stack gives 0.05% movement speed and 0.1% bonus damage. This bonus caps at 50% movement and 100% damage (1000 stacks)

In addition, after reaching a certain number of kills in a row, a power is unleashed, dealing an amount of scaling damage based on player level and difficulty or Greater Rift level:
    15 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
    30 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
    50 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
    100 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
    150 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
    200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
    300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
    400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
    500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
    1000 Kills: ???

Powers are tracked at a group level; this means only one power can be active in play at a time, regardless of the number of players in a group

- New crusader set for Fist of the Heavens
    New Crusader Set: Aegis of Valor
    2-Piece Bonus: The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens
    4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times
    6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 10,000%
    - Darklight now always casts FotH twice and has 200-250% FotH damage

- New monk set for sweeping wind / tempest rush:
    New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice
    2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune
    4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times.
    6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000%
    - Eye of the Storm: When Sweeping Wind hits exactly 1 enemy, its damage is increased by 100%.
    - Vengeful Wind: Increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Wind by [6-7] 10
    Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Sweeping Wind by [250-300%]

- Chantodo’s gets a nondescript attack speed-to-dmg nerf
    - Bone Ringer gets capped at 60 stacks (thorns necro nerf)

BARB
    - Wastes 6 now applies to rend
    - Lamentation (rend stacking belt) increases rend dmg 150-200%
    - Ambo’s Pride (1h mighty) Attacking with Whirlwind also applies Rend and the total damage of Rend is dealt over 1 second.
    - Remorseless (1h mighty) While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [200-250%] more damage.
    - Fjord Cutter (1h mighty) Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies
    - Slam bracers affect first 10 enemies, up from 5
    - Fury of the Ancients shoulders double attack speed of ancients

Sorry for formatting...

• Options
    The monk set not having any DR worries me.

Fist of Heavens set needing it's DR to ramp up also worries me.

Otherwise, neat stuff!

• Options
    Two piece FotH sounds potentially very fun, if it procs enough. If it’s too little, the entire set might feel pointless- compared to the 9750 of LoN/LoD which already wasn’t enough to make FotH a thing. Seems like it would’ve had room for Heavens Fury to go with it.

Monk set very much looks like a continuation of a sort-of speed farming design focus, and might be kinda cool as a twist on lazymancer?

• Options
    The two piece is going to end up being key, for sure.

While lazy builds are nice for farming, I would hope they aren't aiming for that sort of low tier build, and without some DR that is going to likely be where it ends up.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I kinda wonder if they will be the classic 6 slots or slightly off like SWK, since you’ll most likely want Eye of the Storm. On that note, maybe they were overly worried about PoJ6/SWK2 which seems odd, or perhaps want to encourage a generator + spirit guards. Edit: OR, unless I’m forgetting one, Vengeful Wind is the only 1h that would help sweeping wind damage, leaving room for crystal fist + dash DR.

ALSO someone apparently confirmed that these new sets will NOT be in haedrigs until every new set is in

Noggin on
  • Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    I kinda wonder if they will be the classic 6 slots or slightly off like SWK, since you’ll most likely want Eye of the Storm. On that note, maybe they were overly worried about PoJ6/SWK2 which seems odd, or perhaps want to encourage a generator + spirit guards. Edit: OR, unless I’m forgetting one, Vengeful Wind is the only 1h that would help sweeping wind damage, leaving room for crystal fist + dash DR.

ALSO someone apparently confirmed that these new sets will NOT be in haedrigs until every new set is in

Wait, new sets? Oooh, can't wait for the DH one. Maybe they'll give another melee/close distance set?

Wizard will be "put set on, instant GR1,000 loot drop" set.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Is it just me or was this season a lot shorter than usual?

• Options
    Seems roughly on track? I think the past few PTRs have been appearing about 2 months in, then going live another 4-6 weeks later

• Options
    Oh whoops. I misread and thought the new season was imminent.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    So I did some quick calculations, and with all these items combined I think Rend's damage is increased by approximately 5 trillion percent.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    So I did some quick calculations, and with all these items combined I think Rend's damage is increased by approximately 5 trillion percent.

6pc wastes auto applying rend is the real biggie there. I would rather they have removed it entirely, and done something else, but auto applying rend and boosting its damage is good.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think it's Ambo's Pride that applies Rend, while the 6pc now gives it the 10,000% damage bonus.

• Options
    Heh, that’s probably my bad for rewording it “wastes 6 now applies to rend

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    The Fist of the Heavens two piece should also bring back the screen shake.

Blizzard you cowards.

butts
This discussion has been closed.