As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The final map of the new story chapter...
    It's the home screen, but in ruins.

Seeing that did a bit of damage directly to my soul.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    How bout that Astram. Just has a shitload of stats, and a good prf that adds to those.

Check out stats of +10 Black Knight vs Astram +0 (including +3 weapon atk)

52/38/38/39/22
    44/38/36/36/21

Yikes. A +10 Astram would win in everything but HP, and he's infantry.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwait, Astram's got WRATH! Glad to see that one in the GHB pool, RIP my extra Nephenee I spent on Corrin.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Also Bantu's art is siiiiiiiick and I need his special on the side of my van PRONTO:
    Bantu_Special.png

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    How bout that Astram. Just has a shitload of stats, and a good prf that adds to those.

Check out stats of +10 Black Knight vs Astram +0 (including +3 weapon atk)

52/38/38/39/22
    44/38/36/36/21

Yikes. A +10 Astram would win in everything but HP, and he's infantry.

The real story here is Wrath in the Grail pool

I don't know. I sat on a wrath manual for like a year. And it wasn't because I didn't want to use it, but it just never felt like it completed a build. My enemy phasers would have quick riposte or vengeful fighter, and nukes would have desperation or something else.

Ended up giving it to my male Byleth and instantly regretted it in favor of wind sweep.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I don't know. I sat on a wrath manual for like a year. And it wasn't because I didn't want to use it, but it just never felt like it completed a build. My enemy phasers would have quick riposte or vengeful fighter, and nukes would have desperation or something else.

Ended up giving it to my male Byleth and instantly regretted it in favor of wind sweep.

Talking about fodder, I have like 4 mByleths that I can't decide if I want to + or use for distant counter fodder

steam_sig.png
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Nagi's pretty much an Ophelia counter, isn't she?

Nagi would wreck Ophelia and LAlm and AOE special Sothe and many other ranged threats.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Woot +def/-SPD nagi.

Do I try for more or save my orbs?

camo_sig.png
    edited September 2019
    Honestly never expected to get here as someone not dropping cash, but I just beat AR. All thanks to Hawkeye backed up by 2 Eirs and Lucina.

s3cmvfwsmtax.png

Tier 27, best rewards in everything. It all went right, including 3 days of the week where no one attacked my defense.

So now... I'm supposed to do it again indefinitely I guess? Haha. I actually like AR as a mode and don't stress over it, so I will just keep gettin' dem Grails.

Acheron on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I still hate AR and find it too annoying :/ I don't stress out over it but it's frustrating to lose over and over

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Astra season is quite a different beast. Getting wrecked regularly without a good tank or powerful enough vantage strategy.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I haven't really changed up my teams much, save the rotating bonus hero. My goal is simply to not fall below T21.

I am very happy about the ability to double the cost of aether, so I have to play less matches.

edited September 2019
    Ardor wrote: »
    I haven't really changed up my teams much, save the rotating bonus hero. My goal is simply to not fall below T21.

I am very happy about the ability to double the cost of aether, so I have to play less matches.

God dammit I forgot this is a thing now...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    I ran into a team with (3) +10 brave Ikes. One had Swift sparrow 3 and gale force and the other two had been built for defense. I won but lost three units.

Always a nice reminder to simply rematch non whales instead of jumping into the fray.

edited September 2019
    Ahh check out that color coordination.
    keln23p36rqp.png

Acheron on
    edited September 2019
    Wow, that thing looks a lot less cool than I thought it would...

(I'm still appreciative that they actually bothered to improve Rokkr seiges with stuff like that tho)

Warlock82 on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I just realized you can use Pair Up in Rokkr Sieges. That's gonna open up a lot of new strategies.

Who all can use Pair Up these days? Alm and Roy I've got.

edited September 2019
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I just realized you can use Pair Up in Rokkr Sieges. That's gonna open up a lot of new strategies.

Who all can use Pair Up these days? Alm and Roy I've got.

Alm, Roy, Eliwood and Julia are the only four (the legendary versions of them that is). Kind of weird but they never gave the ability to Mythic heroes, so it's only every other month we get one (next will be in October)

Warlock82 on
    Free summon today was a 3* +ATK bantu. You get the fierce stance 3 at 4* which is nice.
    Looks pretty cool though

camo_sig.png
    My free summon on the lone green orb was freaking Yarne. Haha, harvested those dragon flowers and then quickly fed him to my +10 Naesala for Galeforce and atk spd solo. What a bargain!

Gunthraa is a real bitch as a Rokkr. Not even getting close to 150k, and not sure how I can.

My free summon on the lone green orb was freaking Yarne. Haha, harvested those dragon flowers and then quickly fed him to my +10 Naesala for Galeforce and atk spd solo. What a bargain!

Gunthraa is a real bitch as a Rokkr. Not even getting close to 150k, and not sure how I can.

For what it’s worth, most of my teams use two dancers, flying Mia and my damage dealer. For her, I use Elincia with triangle adept and her refine. Gunnthra seems to always target a dancer, so I pretty much double dance Elincia with gale force every turn. I only run intermediate difficulty too.

edited September 2019
    Dang, I don't really care about Thrasir and I've given up on Yune, but I really need another Spring Veronica..... maybe I should just wait till march or until they release a new Duel Flying G unit.

EDIT: Also, dang, I didn't realize they were switching the Rokkr bosses, I thought they were just rotating in a new one alongside Ephraim and Nah.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Though the colorless is actually pretty decent. Might try to get more Eirs and Corrins.

Sadly I do not have HMia or Elincia. But I just managed it after seeing a great guide on Reddit.

I was focusing on needing to be able to do damage during enemy phase too, but it turns out you can just go triple dancer on player phase and kill it.

I have the jankiest setup ever on my Legendary Ike, but it worked! TA2, Brave sword+, Astra, guard 2. Gunthraa attacks a dancer once per turn, Ike slaps the hell out of her 16x per turn. Got 160k damage on intermediate by like turn 6.

Pitybreaker Luke, thank you for your sacrifice. Even though you were +atk -res, I was never gonna use you.

Ardor wrote: »

For what it’s worth, most of my teams use two dancers, flying Mia and my damage dealer. For her, I use Elincia with triangle adept and her refine. Gunnthra seems to always target a dancer, so I pretty much double dance Elincia with gale force every turn. I only run intermediate difficulty too.

basically dragons with aether all day

camo_sig.png
    Yeah looks like just green for me, which is fine. I need to save money :3

I'm a little worried since Hawkeye and Frederick are two of my primo armor slayers :3 I'd hate to lose that effect if their new weapon doesn't have it (though I think at least Frederick's should? He comes with a Hammer usually...)

I thought Freddie has brave axe? if so it would be neat if he got a brave armorslayer or something

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    I thought Freddie has brave axe? if so it would be neat if he got a brave armorslayer or something

Nope, Hammer+. Maybe you inherited a brave axe on him.

Warlock82 wrote: »
    mts wrote: »

Nope, Hammer+. Maybe you inherited a brave axe on him.

ah you are right.

camo_sig.png
    LUUUUUUUUUTE

Awwww yeah, my +10 Hawkeye is about to ascend. Really hope it retains slaying effect. That's all it needs to not disrupt my current strategy.

Got a couple Eirs and a couple flying Veronicas. Bleh. Fed one to Reyson for G duel flying, but still need 3 copies before he can become a terror for enemy arena teams.

Does anyone really like.having mystic boost? It seems like those who want the healing waste the other 2 effects, and the other 2 effects aren't powerful enough to give up other B slots on mages.

edited September 2019
    I ended up getting Bizzaro Veronica 776 super early so I didn't have to spend much at all on this banner (of course, it was like literally the next circle after I ran out of orbs, so I had to buy one pack). She's like, +DEF but meh, whatever. It's not a bad IV at least. (I pulled a little more with all the orbs I just bought and got a second one, so she doesn't have a bane now at least).

Hopefully next month's banners are this kind to me :3 Tho it's Halloween banner so probably not :P (wonder if we might finally get Witch Corrin)

Warlock82 on
    Warlock how are we not in game friends yet. My ID is 4393567431. Lead is Naesala. I'm hoping you have some monster for me to use in Allegiance Battles!

While aiming for green, I got another Yune. At first I’d thought to patch up that -res on my other, but having both of them on defense reduce my losses to 40 per loss. So I guess I can keep her!

I’ve just been tossing bonus element heroes on defense to keep lift loss down, so this is nice.

edited October 2019
    Warlock how are we not in game friends yet. My ID is 4393567431. Lead is Naesala. I'm hoping you have some monster for me to use in Allegiance Battles!

I will add ya tonight :D

Edit: Oops, I totally fell asleep before I did this :P You are added now :D

Warlock82 on
    Guess I should have known the lead unit based on your avatar haha. Good, my flier brigade was lacking! LAlm is my only pair up hero though, so unfortunately won't be able to double up on colorless in AB.