As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Massive Phallice

Ugh, totp.
    Idea is a Massive Chalice theme where players pair off each day to then have kids and get powers for the next day.
    But I haven't time to host

discrider on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: Β»
    Infidel wrote: Β»
    Damn.

Did we get too old?

It’s eye opening, now that I think about it. I first started playing these games here in 2006 (Phalliad). The last game I ran was 2016 (Phalla Royale), so 11 years. When I first started, I recently graduated college, was working full time and was living with my parents. Since then, I’ve gotten married, completed a Masters program, moved to two different states, had two daughters and am now pursuing a PhD while working full time.

If I could ever find the time, I would still find enjoyment in running games, probably not playing in them.

Perhaps when we're all retired or our kids have gone off to college and free time enters into our vocabulary again, we can all meet up and start the games over again! Except they'd probably be in VR or whatever is the next best thing and you probably don't want to see me in RL anyways.
    I could try to whip up some games, but like everyone else said, a lot of us have just... grown up. I've been a part of the forums for eleven and a half years, surprisingly. I might still have time to run games, but how many people are going to be around to play? Lots of us aren't in school and have huge amounts of time to spare on Phalla any more.

Not to mention I totally didn't put my name in for the tournament because I wanted to make sure better players got the chance to join up first. I love playing with you guys, I love playing phalla, but let's face it: I'm not as good as others are (compared to a lot of you guys, I kind of suck at it, heh).

Sometimes you retire while you're still on top of your game instead of letting it slowly slip away.

I wish I had the time any more; I would still peek in on running games every so often.

<3

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    My game starts on Monday the 6th for anyone interested in spectating.

Im not allowed to talk about the game once its in progress, so I figured id give a heads up now. I think Thingyman will be posting the actual link once it starts.

• Options
    ThingymanThingyman Registered User regular
    UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below. So as you can see, their game starts tonight already! ;)

This is the game thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/22394-Season-6-Game-2-Deadly-Confections-The-Mafia-Championship

GAME 2 (MAY 6, 48/24, 9 PM EDT EOD)
    @ASmiller (The World of Werewolf)
    @Bedlam (Penny Arcade)
    @Fable (No Goblins Allowed)
    @FTFlush (Pokemon Showdown)
    @goufbam (Free For All)
    @Heroic (HeroClix Realms)
    @Ian The Destroyer (NAMafia)
    @Jade Joules (Comic Fury)
    @LightFoot (The Giraffe Boards)
    @Logic (Giant in the Playground)
    @Lone_Garurumon (Bulbagarden)
    @Nadaz, voice of the host (Redwall Abbey)
    @Nakuzami (PokeCommunity)
    @Ryast (Hypixel)
    @Soneji (Naruto Forums)
    @SuperMarioBros (Flipline)
    @Tsunami (Flight Rising)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?

We have a big server on Discord (1,000+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?

This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?

Refer to this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/21905-Season-6-General-Information

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Discord is Thingyman#6075

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Talked myself out of getting voted out day 1

Voted out day 2 instead :(

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The old story

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I give you full credit for talking yourself out of being day 1. They are brutal there.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: Β»
    Talked myself out of getting voted out day 1

Voted out day 2 instead :(
    Literally what happened to me last year.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Have we been voted out day 2 every time? :lol:

I am pretty sure I got voted out day 2 after being inactive day 1, due to getting back from PAX weekend and all.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    At least we have a grand tradition to uphold now.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    So we are 7 months into 2019 without a game. Is there still an audience for such things?

I have that crazy desire to run a game again, although I'd need either an unpopular vote close time or a cohost.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    So we are 7 months into 2019 without a game. Is there still an audience for such things?

I have that crazy desire to run a game again, although I'd need either an unpopular vote close time or a cohost.

I would love to play one again, personally. Odd close time or not.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I miss this community. Always down to play.
    As long as it's not next week when I'm chaperoning a canoeing trip.

Edit: Wow can't believe kime is also going on a canoeing trip.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    If there's a strong need (and enough people who would actually play), I'm always down for helping cohost something.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    I'm down for playing, though I probably couldn't co-host unless it was running on UK time.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    If anyone is watching the thread I could use some reserves.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    If anyone is watching the thread I could use some reserves.

@38ThDoe I can reserve after tomorrow (I'll need the time to catch up).

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

I am so sorry I missed this one, been hectic at work. I would love to be part of the next one, or If you still need reserves @38thDoe I can reserve!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    The Fantasy of the Final Pirates has ended with a Titan + Four Fiend Victory

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Really interested in a Fire Emblem Three Houses faction game but it might be too soon after the last one.

Also, my desire to put in 1000 mechanics.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Considering that was the first phalla game in like 6 months, I really don’t think anyone is going to complain

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Although not 100% sure I'd go for that theme? I haven't played the game yet and I really don't like spoilers

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: Β»
    Although not 100% sure I'd go for that theme? I haven't played the game yet and I really don't like spoilers

I imagine it would boil down to SPOILER: there are three factions.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    kime wrote: Β»

I imagine it would boil down to SPOILER: there are three factions.

Yes it would be themed as a mock battle between the houses.
    Spoiler free.

• Options
    Anybody interested in helping make sure the mechanics aren't wildly out of balance.
    Experience with Fire Emblem combat (and Three Houses in particular) is a plus, but not a requirement.

• Options
    I don’t have any experience with Fire Emblem but I’m game for some balance discussions

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I ran a Fire Emblem Phalla, once upon a time; currently making my way through Three Houses (just a little bit into Part 2 of my first run), and a very inconvenient schedule that prevents me from participation. So I'd be happy to give my two cents.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    This thread has been de-stickied :(

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Still looks stickied to me?

• Options
    ???
    m3ggvurxqhuo.png

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    You can see stickies also in the list of threads based on when they were last posted in, but they'll also always be visible at the top of the list

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Still planning on getting the Fire Emblem thing together btw, I’ve just been job-hunting the last little while.

Hopefully will land something soon and then I will be a little more prepared to put in effort into this.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    lhc0ehc5x82f.png

Kids these days are too lazy to make their own slime. Of course before they were hunted to extinction you'd trip on a slime before you could get three steps out of the castle.

This is a link to a game. For some reason I decided this was the best image I could put in this thread to hype it up. Aren't you hyped? Eh?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Also, the photo in the OP needs to be updated
    @Bandwagon

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Photobucket strikes again.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    Such an annoyance. Photobucket, that is. Maybe I should slim down the image's file size at some point, but it's a classic.

• Options
    Missed out on the game? Still time to reserve!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: Β»
    Photobucket strikes again.

I did LPs that relied completely on it. They must be a disaster now.

Also, I was thinking of a faction V:TM game based on Bloodlines 2's fun organizations, but that might be a bit indulgent since it isn't even out yet..

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Everyone likes vampires.

2VP.gif