As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC! Thread Title Update

BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
edited June 2020 in Social Entropy++
DC Comics!

4qm975anj4mf.jpg

The Legion of Superheroes are back! A 2-part prelude miniseries, Milennium, ends in October and Legion of Superheroes #1 from Brian Bendis and Ryan Sook is out in November! It looks neat!

ftrqyulhdhpx.jpg
Suicide Squad is also relaunching in December! The creative team behind the outstanding Injustice comics, Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo, are at the helm and look to get the book back to its "anyone can die" suicide mission roots.

9blskcdu9khy.jpg
Birds of Prey and the Bad Subtitle is out in February! It looks like it could be rad! At the very least it has a good cast!

Also there is a Joker movie in October and it is probably going to get nominated for a lot of awards and it makes me very tired and sad

CYpGAPn.png
BlankZoe on

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I used to like LoS. I wonder if I should pick it up. Do I also need this Millennium series?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure this LoS is a complete reboot

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    It isn't really essential. It is just following Rose (and Thorn, who are immortal, turns out) through the thousand years of the DCU leading to the Legion.

It is more to establish a concrete timeline of the DCU's future ahead of that than anything

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    The first volume of animal man showed up but the other two are weeks away vol 3 I was charged for but I'm hoping it just shows up?

Animal Man is v good The Coyote Gospel almost didn't reach its hype until "I'm sorry I can't read it.'

OOOF

icGJy2C.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I don't see Joker on the HQ poster, so that's good, right?

sig.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Is this writtennby the same people who wrote Teen Titans Go to the Movies?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

this is perfect

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I appreciate that they seem to have leaned all the way into the extreme grudge people hold against Go

6F32U1X.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    The audacity to bring back the old Teen Titans, only to wrap them in the Teen Titans Go goofiness, is something to behold

I'm into it

The Beast Boys comparing their situations got me good

CYpGAPn.png
  • ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    I saw that movie at San Diego Comic Con and it was legit good. Yeah... I'm sure it will piss some fans off, but I think it's worth it. The interactions alone throughout the movie made it worth it. I should watch the first movie and buy this new one when it comes out.

teen titans/teen titans go are my favorite animated superhero shows by a wide margin and i am kinda amazed there is still gas left in the tank

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    The first volume of animal man showed up but the other two are weeks away vol 3 I was charged for but I'm hoping it just shows up?

Animal Man is v good The Coyote Gospel almost didn't reach its hype until "I'm sorry I can't read it.'

OOOF

as if by fate Volume 2 has been sitting in my house all day my brother didn't text me that it arrived and I did not notice

icGJy2C.png
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    TT Go started really rough, but they really hit a stride where there's just some amazing episodes. They're different shows, but if I had to choose I would pick Go over the original one.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    TT Go was always just a level of too goofy for me. I only really enjoyed it when it was bashing on itself or other DC stuff. Which is why GO to the Movies was so great and I'm sure this will as well

Comics news:

Brian Azzarello and Emanuela Lupacchino's Birds of Prey has had its orders cancelled and is being delayed till 2020 to launch as a Black Label mature readers title for the BoP movie

The writer of Batman following Tom King will be announced tomorrow for Batman Day. (Tom Taylor has already confirmed it ain't him)

Tom Taylor has also been revealing more new characters for Suicide Squad:

With the book's editor saying how great they all are and how stressful it is having so many rad new characters in a book with a very high death rate, which means a lot of them probably aren't sticking around super long

CYpGAPn.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I like all of those designs! I hope they all have weird/interesting skill sets to match

Osita

She big

CYpGAPn.png
    Welp, word leaked and James Tynion is taking over Batman, supposedly for #86-#100, with a new #1, new creative team and new Batman coming after #100.

Tynion is quietly one of DC's best writers so I am happy he is getting the gig, even if it is for a short run.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Osita

She big

'Osita' is apparently Spanish for 'little bear'.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    Big little bear.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    lok is definitely dying

liEt3nH.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Jog looks like Supreme Power's (JMS) not-the-Flash.

edited September 2019
    The Legion of Superheroes' arrival got further expanded on in this week's Superman and it was pretty cute:
    sxj7uqmqbcpp.jpg
    voyl6k8mv3m3.jpg
    h5kg81sek1k3.jpg

Time traveling back to the most important event in their history and accidentally showing up 4 minutes early and fucking up the flow of the whole thing is a very good first impression

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    Teen Titans Go vs. Teen Titans got even better

Weird Al is playing Gentleman Ghost

CYpGAPn.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    oh man

erica durance ruled as lois lane

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    You know its kinda funny. As I recall Chloe was the real breakout character of Smallville. In a vacuum if you considered bringing characters from that show in to the Crisis you'd probably bring back Clark and Chloe. I didn't watch the last couple seasons so maybe that wouldn't be possible but

Quire.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I would think the bigger problem would be isn't Alison Mack in jail for helping to run a sex cult?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I would think the bigger problem would be isn't Alison Mack in jail for helping to run a sex cult?

Uh yeah that's what I was getting at.

Quire.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Uh yeah that's what I was getting at.

ah I thought you were referring to some in-story reason for her being unavailable like being a sentient computer or erased from existence in a time paradox etc

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    At least one of those is true, also

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    They'd never bring back Chloe, because if she met Felicity, the world would implode or something. At the very least, the two of them would die in some Timecop kind of thing.

sig.gif

Tynion is handling the Batman news leaking very well

CYpGAPn.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I would hope that a Batman writer would have traveled the world to prepare for every eventuality

DC confirmed the post-King creative team is James Tynion and Tony Daniel

Which definitely makes me think the whole "temporary creative team till #100 and then a new book and new Batman" story is legit, as both are talented creators who will make a good book, but not very exciting

Tynion has written a lot of Bat-Books over the years, with Daniel drawing a fair bit of his own, including the conclusion of King's run, so neither really brings a sense of fresh excitement to the table

Still gonna buy it though

CYpGAPn.png
    Some additional details:

Dick Grayson will be (finally) getting his memory back and returning as Nightwing in Tynion's run
    The Riddler will be the focus of it, with other villains playing smaller roles
    Lucius Fox will also become a prominent supporting player

The latter of which makes me think
    the Luke Fox Batman rumors are shaping up

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    A Nightwing/Riddler book?! Hell yes.