As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] is RUINED FOREVER?! UTTERLY DESTROYED?! Slightly Inconvenient? OWNED?!

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I can't read the text but skimmed a quick article on it.

https://heart.bmj.com/content/early/2019/08/16/heartjnl-2019-314999

There is a correlation between napping and reduced cardiovascular events.

I feel we should get at least two paid daily naps a week at work with this research.

Don’t feel guilty about sneaking in a nap now and then: It might be good for your heart. People who napped once or twice a week were 48 percent less likely than non-nappers to face serious cardiovascular problems — heart attack, stroke, heart failure — according to new research. The findings, published in the journal Heart, were based on nearly 3,500 adults, ages 35 to 75, who were tracked for about five years. How long people napped each time made no difference, and napping more frequently than a couple times a week did not improve the results. Sleep experts generally agree that a ­20-minute nap is all that most people need to feel refreshed and less stressed. Napping longer means waking from a deeper sleep and that can leave someone feeling groggy or fuzzy-headed. Napping late in the day also is not recommended because it can mar nighttime sleeping. The recommended amount of sleep for most adults is at least seven hours a night, with an hour or two more for people 61 and older. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than a third of Americans regularly get too little sleep. That can lead to chronic health problems, including diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease, according to experts at Harvard Medical School’s Division of Sleep Medicine.

At one of my jobs there was a hallway around a few corners beyond the bathrooms near our office where no one ever went cause there's was nothing back there. I used to take cat naps leaning against the wall back there, disguised as really long bathroom breaks.

The alternative was me turning into a zombie at my desk but work frowns on napping.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Chinese girl is drinking beer not 50 metres away and yet here I am at work

ftOqU21.png
    That bar also saw one guest collapse - vodka is not a great substitute for dinner - and another guy trip and cut his forehead on the cobbles and thus bleeding all i
    over the place

So I should have stood there

ftOqU21.png
    Working at the gas station I got some good naps in the back using yesterdays papers as a bed

ftOqU21.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    cB557 wrote: »
    4Xufceb.jpg

Jeepers, America. Are you okay? 15 dollars for a tylenol?

In the hospital I was billed 55 dollars for a small pack of halls cherry cough drops

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2019
    I've been playing this one mobile game for about, idk, eighteen months now, and I'm in a guild in the game. It's a mass-audience mobile title so there aren't, like, robust social features or user profiles or anything - all you ever really know about anyone is from what they say in guild chat, and most of my guild (aside from the couple friends who got me into the game) are strangers.

But one of my guildies is this dude named Commander Budd, and Commander Budd is my hero. I don't know anything about Budd except that he is relentlessly upbeat and for some reason capitalizes the first letter of every word no matter what. So the chat will be like

Commander Budd: We've Got This Guys
    Commander Budd: If You Take The Node On the Left I Think I Got The One In Center
    Commander Budd: I Was Wrong Lol
    Commander Budd: I Will Try Again We Can Do This!!

I feel like we can all learn something from his example

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

I feel we should get at least two paid daily naps a week at work with this research.

I wonder if this has something to do with people who take naps being less likely to use stimulants like caffeine to power through?

rRwz9.gif
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I wonder if this has something to do with people who take naps being less likely to use stimulants like caffeine to power through?

Interestingly I can nap just fine after drinking coffee but actually getting to sleep at night after drinking caffeine is nearly impossible

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    GWVzIy6.png

nibXTE7.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Dear reader I checked. It’s still going.
    FUTD6EA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

PS, it turned out further clarifications were needed on this point as well.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Downton Abbey was rul good. Also, trailer for Be Free or Die had me just short of tears.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Rule #2 should always be "no questioning the rules"

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I had a weird thing last night. I went to bed a little early and woke up around 1am. Then I fell asleep at 6am and woke up at noon. Good thing it is the weekend.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Why is it I’m always super cold after sex. For like an hour after my feet and hands are always super cold.

If you got a big dick then I read the blood gets pulled from other areas of the body to support the boner.

Like some dude’s dick is so big that when he gets a full erection, he gets light headed.

So basically you’re telling us you’re stacked

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Garthor wrote: »

Rule #2 should always be "no questioning the rules"

No rule 2 is just a more emphatic stating of rule 1

HappylilElf on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Why is it I’m always super cold after sex. For like an hour after my feet and hands are always super cold.

If you got a big dick then I read the blood gets pulled from other areas of the body to support the boner.

Like some dude’s dick is so big that when he gets a full erection, he gets light headed.

So basically you’re telling us you’re stacked

I don't think that's how blood works

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Hmmm uhh the lead singer of that band Fountains of Wayne is playing this event I'm at (with his new band)?

It's very good!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular

i don't think that person's acting in good faith :razz:

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hi all.

Someone on my youtube radar published a video about Ulillillia...

I forgot about this guy... I hope he's doing well.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

i don't think that person's acting in good faith :razz:

But it's on the internet, how could that be?

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Rule 2: rules-lawyering counts as being a dick

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Rule 2: rules-lawyering counts as being a dick

What about rules jury duty?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the first rule of rules lawyer club is

debatable

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Chanus wrote: »

debatable

How debatable we talkin' eah?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

debatable

*consults rule book*

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

debatable

Oh it's definitely Master Debatable.

Rchanen on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I've been playing this one mobile game for about, idk, eighteen months now, and I'm in a guild in the game. It's a mass-audience mobile title so there aren't, like, robust social features or user profiles or anything - all you ever really know about anyone is from what they say in guild chat, and most of my guild (aside from the couple friends who got me into the game) are strangers.

But one of my guildies is this dude named Commander Budd, and Commander Budd is my hero. I don't know anything about Budd except that he is relentlessly upbeat and for some reason capitalizes the first letter of every word no matter what. So the chat will be like

Commander Budd: We've Got This Guys
    Commander Budd: If You Take The Node On the Left I Think I Got The One In Center
    Commander Budd: I Was Wrong Lol
    Commander Budd: I Will Try Again We Can Do This!!

I feel like we can all learn something from his example

I Couldn't Agree More

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I used to capitalize every word in a sentence too because I thought it looked cool.

And I Was Right.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    xX_And_I_Was_Right_Xx

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm my work is doing free flu shots for employees should I get one

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Yes

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Hmm my work is doing free flu shots for employees should I get one

I forgot to get one this year / procrastinated and I got the flu it’s likely, and it sucked ass so yeah

Aside

poo
    VishNub wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    xX_And_I_Was_Right_Xx

Ah yes, I also partook of this fine format.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    cB557 wrote: »
    4Xufceb.jpg

Jeepers, America. Are you okay? 15 dollars for a tylenol?

Ed for politics-adjacent

tl;dr yes we're aware it's a problem

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Water is the most delicious thing

Winky wrote: »

what about two waters?

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

what about two waters?

And so, the waters were separated from the waters.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    okey, time for me to go to bed i guess.

I'm mad at being bamboozled, also.

This discussion has been closed.