As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] is RUINED FOREVER?! UTTERLY DESTROYED?! Slightly Inconvenient? OWNED?!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Speaking of hospitals I was listening to something and they mentioned Canadian healthcare wait times and they implied if you had a broken arm they would send you home for months with it broken and I wanted to choke a motherfucker at that level of misinformation.

They always make it sound like you never have to ever wait for a procedure in the US and the only delay is when they stop to give you oral sex first.

For an extra couple of g's they won't stop the oral at all. Swipe here for premium service!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Speaking of hospitals I was listening to something and they mentioned Canadian healthcare wait times and they implied if you had a broken arm they would send you home for months with it broken and I wanted to choke a motherfucker at that level of misinformation.

They always make it sound like you never have to ever wait for a procedure in the US and the only delay is when they stop to give you oral sex first.

For an extra couple of g's they won't stop the oral at all. Swipe here for premium service!

They don’t actually tho

Like it costs a billion dollars and the service is exactly the same

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Like people assume that because US healthcare costs so fucking much it must be because there’s some kind of extra benefit in there somewhere

But there really isn’t

It costs so much because of the for-profit medical insurance and billing industry and how it breaks everything it touches

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    remember that audiences relate to characters based on how much we relate to their stories and their emotional struggles edit: and not how much they look like us necessarily

which means i should have a shitzillion dollars for my mumblecore romantic comedy featuring a cast of tired, angsty, and queer monsters

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    I really do not like seeing mothers being subordinate to their small children. It’s just one of those cultural things I have to legally respect at work, but it’s so infuriating and dumb.

I just watched an 8 year old banish his mother from the room because she wanted him to take medication and he didn’t like the flavor.

Oh no don’t hate my niece

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    American healthcare is a crime

False. It is several crimes

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    i8n9euoscxis.jpg
    Gundalf

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Jim Lee always been cool? also classic Liefeld face.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    before i go to bed i have one thing to say
    kobolds

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    before i go to bed i have one thing to say
    kobolds

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Please do not use fire to draw out your gross meat creature juices.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It’s dnd 2nite might be we gotta talk sense to a few kobolds youknowmean

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Watching Sumo on one browser windows and Pro Wrestling on another.

god bless slow nights

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I really do not like seeing mothers being subordinate to their small children. It’s just one of those cultural things I have to legally respect at work, but it’s so infuriating and dumb.

I just watched an 8 year old banish his mother from the room because she wanted him to take medication and he didn’t like the flavor.

If you let her dictate healthcare decisions, I’m not gonna be upset at her

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    We need a list of PA chat memes.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    I honestly don’t know what the wait time situation is in other western countries, but one of the few positives about American healthcare is that in an emergent or urgent situation, you typically don’t have to wait very long at all. ERs send people to same day surgery all the time for a variety of diagnoses.

Like, when I had my stroke scare, I went from ambulance to full workup in under four hours, including cat scans, MRIs, and bloodwork. If I had needed thrombolytics, they had them in the room at the ready.

The US is AMAZING at providing high quality emergent care. But at almost every other part of healthcare they are abysmal.

• Options

If you let her dictate healthcare decisions, I’m not gonna be upset at her

Oh I thought you meant like, everyday decisions.

She doesn’t get a say in healthcare.
    Mommy is a RN and Nana is an MD.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ERs here can have you wait a very very long time due to prioritizing of high risk stuff.

Luckily they’re pretty good about getting far enough to be able to give you the good drugs while you wait. It’s ok imo, if you’re waiting for 8 hours with pancreatitis or a broken bone but on the druuuugs nobody’s in any danger, you’ll be bored but that’s about it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    My sister in law is studying for her DNP and every time I think about it I think it is just such a raw fucking deal.

It’s educationally equivalent to an MD, with stricter experiential requirements, only nobody calls you doctor professionally and you get paid less for reasons

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    alright so it's agreed, toddlers are subordinate to adults and adults are subordinate to woke teens

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    alright so it's agreed, toddlers are subordinate to adults and adults are subordinate to woke teens

And woke teens are subordinate to toddlers

It’s a rock-paper-scissors thing

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

And woke teens are subordinate to toddlers

It’s a rock-paper-scissors thing
    EurnrzI.jpg?1

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

- EOD
    - Old Chanus
    - Atomika hates everything
    - Neco is leaving forever
    - Spool hates beans
    - Bleric is made of flowers and stardust and lucky charms marshmallows
    - whatever the fuck cummies are
    - Burning down capitalism/the patriarchy/wage system
    - Butts
    - Butt pees
    - Abdy posts photos of ruggedly beautiful Scandinavia
    - Vish likes fish

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    p-please show me what cummies are uwu

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Home after a whirlwind 10 day vacation. Four were high powered scientific conference days but the other six were just for me and my husband. We finally got our honeymoon two years after getting married. I didn't have time because we got married then I wrote my dissertation and defended then immediately moved to Germany then we were separated for six months while I got the visa worked out. We had some great quality time together and even went to a nude beach on Lokrum Island the last day.

Fun fact about the gay nude beach. It's a tourist stop for the boats and no less than 7 boats of Chinese and Japanese tourists went by waving cheering and pointing. Also definitely taking long lens photos so enjoy my big old body, tourist goers.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Y'all just gonna forget DRINK THE BLEACH?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    p-please show me what cummies are uwu

upload.png

sig.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

- EOD
    - Old Chanus
    - Atomika hates everything
    - Neco is leaving forever
    - Spool hates beans
    - Bleric is made of flowers and stardust and lucky charms marshmallows
    - whatever the fuck cummies are
    - Burning down capitalism/the patriarchy/wage system
    - Butts
    - Butt pees
    - Abdy posts photos of ruggedly beautiful Scandinavia
    - Vish likes fish

oh shit

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    In fairness, many homes built before the kitchen and living room became such a focus for families have atrocious floor plans that wouldn’t fly today.

I don’t know why they didn’t just renovate the exterior instead of wholesale remodeling, but I can almost guarantee you that the interior is a great deal better

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    It’s dnd 2nite might be we gotta talk sense to a few kobolds youknowmean

Do you mean fuckin'?

• Options
    I'm sure the interior is better, but whoever is responsible for what happened to the facade should be sent to the Hague.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sure the interior is better, but whoever is responsible for what happened to the facade should be sent to the Hague.

It’s not like the new one is an eyesore, though. It looks nice, just not at all like the original.

But Victorians are a huge pain to keep up. Much of the construction is thin wood shingles and doweling, and is a constant maintenance headache. The paint flakes constantly, shingles and slats need routine replacement, and there’s not a lot of modern material to replace old parts that will fit the style.

I probably wouldn’t do what they did, but as a former homeowner, I get it.

• Options
    I'd like a house with a tower

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'd like a house with a tower

I need one for princess storage

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    My toilet is right next to the kitchen. Old homes or indicative of my cooking skills, you decide.

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    My toilet is right next to the kitchen. Old homes or indicative of my cooking skills, you decide.

Old homes have a ton of charm, but even more disastrous planning, design, and material use. I would only buy an older home if I had a ton of expendable income to put back into it.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    It renovated, but the room layout hasn't been changed. It's a bit more complicated, since our houses are rarely made of wood.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    One apartment on my floor doesn't have a bathroom at all. They have to go across the floor to a bathroom only room after exiting their apartment. I am always surprised when someone rents that room.

This discussion has been closed.