As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You wanna pizza my [movies] thread?

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh i actively refuse to use/be called by anything other than real names offline

heck, i don't even like going by this handle online

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

That's a shame, man. Because you are definitely R.K.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I never give anyone my real name, lest they use it to gain power over me

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am Brian because no one can say sarukun to my satisfaction.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    sah-RUKK-en?

DarkPrimus on
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

That's a shame, man. Because you are definitely R.K.

i am very dumb

it is hard for me to track being called by two names

6vjsgrerts6r.png

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    sah-RUKK-en?

mybrainiscomingoutpennyarcade.jpg

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Saru-kun... sempai?

edited September 2019
    Yes, acknowledging my advanced age would certainly be appropriate, but then you would not include “kun” unless you were deliberately being obtuse which would be cute, not that I like you or anything.

What have you done, your misuse of Japanese title suffixes has trapped us in a dating simulator!

My dreams have finally come true...!

sarukun on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    *extremely Northern Territory voice* sah rewk'n

See, this is why I’m Brian.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Well Ad Astra was certainly a thing. I don't dislike it, but I'm not sure if I like it either.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I watched the Between Two Ferns movie! It's mostly fine and then the bloopers they play over the credits are really good!

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Just using your real name online is liberating

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Just using your real name online is terrifying

(but then, I'm from an era when we were taught to keep most things "locked down" on the Information Superhighway)

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    A theater near me is playing the 4K remaster of The Shining on Thursday and tickets are only $5 and according to the seat selection map I am literally the only person who has purchased a ticket so far.

So there's a good chance I'm seeing The Shining on the big screen in an otherwise empty theater on Thursday.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    A theater near me is playing the 4K remaster of The Shining on Thursday and tickets are only $5 and according to the seat selection map I am literally the only person who has purchased a ticket so far.

So there's a good chance I'm seeing The Shining on the big screen in an otherwise empty theater on Thursday.

Big desire to shit yourself in public, eh?

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Always.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I'm so severely bummed about what I've heard about Rambo.

I like big dumb action. It's playing in 4DX. The one damn line I heard about him asking why someone would go to Mexico just puts me straight to my ignorant ass parents who are terrified of everything outside of the southeastern United States.

I was so stoked to see the damn thing, only recently learning of it, but that one line mixed with the general tone has just killed it for me.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I go farther and never interact with anyone

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Just watched Head Count on Netflix

That was a proper spooky film, except
    I wish they didn't show the monster at all, and just was more of a vague distant kinda thing you only caught glimpses of, because, man, the monster looks laaaaaammmme

vEaRQgH.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm so severely bummed about what I've heard about Rambo.

I like big dumb action. It's playing in 4DX. The one damn line I heard about him asking why someone would go to Mexico just puts me straight to my ignorant ass parents who are terrified of everything outside of the southeastern United States.

I was so stoked to see the damn thing, only recently learning of it, but that one line mixed with the general tone has just killed it for me.

It's really only disappointing to me because the last one, somehow, was actually good

If not for that I wouldn't have expected anything

wandering wrote: »
    I go farther and never interact with anyone

Ah, you're a Buddhist.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Yes, acknowledging my advanced age would certainly be appropriate, but then you would not include “kun” unless you were deliberately being obtuse which would be cute, not that I like you or anything.

What have you done, your misuse of Japanese title suffixes has trapped us in a dating simulator!

My dreams have finally come true...!

uwu

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IKoonFHJc

Kevin Smith has put his making of / behind the scenes video, Walrus Yes, about the making of Tusk, on YouTube, if anyone needs 90 minutes of that in their life.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    edited September 2019
    Look, I enjoyed Tusk, but I dunno if I really need 90 minutes of "we put Justin Long in a gross onesie"

Veldrin on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    They is preferred over it

But because it un-tags him so he doesn’t get a ton of notifications

Okay, on re-reading, I should have known that 'they' is preferred over 'it', because, yeah, it's pretty insulting otherwise so I want to apologize for that. I'm sorry and also more than a little ashamed I didn't already know that.

Additionally, that raises a question - when you meet a forumer IRL do you refer to that individual by their PA Handle or their name? I did a bunch of PAX Easts in a row and it was mostly handles?

on a similar note, I learnt I game a bit too much the day someone I work with and game with was calling my real name at work and I didn't answer, but then said Wisemantobes and I turned around immediately.

The realization hit hard seconds later

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Huh, so thanks to this thread I reexamined my memory banks, and realized I hadn't actually seen most of Last Crusade. Just some of the second half on TV when I was a kid, and the cultural osmosis of 'it belongs in a museum', and I was completely under the impression I'd seen the whole thing.

Watching it now, it's a good ol' time!

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Huh, so thanks to this thread I reexamined my memory banks, and realized I hadn't actually seen most of Last Crusade. Just some of the second half on TV when I was a kid, and the cultural osmosis of 'it belongs in a museum', and I was completely under the impression I'd seen the whole thing.

Had a similar situation with The. Goonies.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    My Blade Runner discs arrived. It's rainy and I feel a bit cold infested. Guess I know what I'm doing this afternoon.

Edit: So this is where that tortoise in the desert thing comes from. That's been baffling me for years.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Rainy and a little bit sick are the best conditions in which to watch Blade Runner

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »

Oddly enough, the exact same thing happened to me. Starting watching it just around the tank chase, and found the movie awesome, but never got to watch it until I was an adult. It still held up. My favourite scene that no one talks about the Rolls Royce scene.

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Trailer for The Rhythm Section is out. It’s Reed Morano’s first big(ish) budget movie, and her first thriller. Looks potentially good? I adore her work as a cinematographer, but nothing she’s directed has really connected with me yet (I Think We’re Alone Now, the beginning of The Handmaid’s Tale, Meadowland). She’s usually interesting, captures great moments and mood, but is sometimes too on the nose. Still, I’ll watch everything she makes.

This is also her first feature where she’s not acting as her own cinematographer, which makes sense given how hard it is to do both those jobs, and how large scale this looks. She’s teamed up with Sean Bobbitt (Widows, The Place Beyond The Pines, 12 Years A Slave), and it looks like a perfect match. I’ve never thought of them as similar cinematographers, but this really looks like a Reed Morano film. I’d love to know what that working relationship was like.

Anyway, here’s the trailer. Looks fun.

https://youtu.be/SBK5Z_N_4TE

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Okay, Blade Runner was good. I definitely prefer the new one but I liked it. It was weird. It looked cool. Young Harrison Ford is a tasty nugget.

EB Farnham and his creepy toys were delightfully strange.

I liked Tyrell better than Wallace.

The romance was not good. They knew each other for like 2 days and fell in love? And the hookup scene was super rapey, jesus Deckard.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Went to see Ad Astra last night

About 30 minutes in there was some power surge that killed power in the whole theater and after waiting like 45 minutes they said they wouldn’t be able to get stuff working, please see front desk for a swap, but of course that line was probably a 45 to hour wait so I just left

I really liked what I saw of the movie though!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I really wish it wasn't called Ad Astra. It makes me think it is advertising for a car.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Okay, Blade Runner was good. I definitely prefer the new one but I liked it. It was weird. It looked cool. Young Harrison Ford is a tasty nugget.

EB Farnham and his creepy toys were delightfully strange.

I liked Tyrell better than Wallace.

The romance was not good. They knew each other for like 2 days and fell in love? And the hookup scene was super rapey, jesus Deckard.

Well, Deckard is the villain so that fits

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Went to see Ad Astra last night

About 30 minutes in there was some power surge that killed power in the whole theater and after waiting like 45 minutes they said they wouldn’t be able to get stuff working, please see front desk for a swap, but of course that line was probably a 45 to hour wait so I just left

I really liked what I saw of the movie though!

Ahaha, this is perfect

I mean, apart from the whole losing money on a wasted ticket bit

This discussion has been closed.