As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You wanna pizza my [movies] thread?

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Went to see Ad Astra last night

About 30 minutes in there was some power surge that killed power in the whole theater and after waiting like 45 minutes they said they wouldn’t be able to get stuff working, please see front desk for a swap, but of course that line was probably a 45 to hour wait so I just left

I really liked what I saw of the movie though!

Ahaha, this is perfect

No money back, all part of the immersive experience.

edited September 2019
    Okay, Blade Runner was good. I definitely prefer the new one but I liked it. It was weird. It looked cool. Young Harrison Ford is a tasty nugget.

EB Farnham and his creepy toys were delightfully strange.

I liked Tyrell better than Wallace.

The romance was not good. They knew each other for like 2 days and fell in love? And the hookup scene was super rapey, jesus Deckard.

You got the Blu-ray for 2049, right? There should be 3 short movies on there bridging both movies.
    Blake T wrote: »
    I really wish it wasn't called Ad Astra. It makes me think it is advertising for a car.

The tie in Ad Astra Astra ad.

honovere on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Went to see Ad Astra last night

About 30 minutes in there was some power surge that killed power in the whole theater and after waiting like 45 minutes they said they wouldn’t be able to get stuff working, please see front desk for a swap, but of course that line was probably a 45 to hour wait so I just left

I really liked what I saw of the movie though!

Ahaha, this is perfect

I could taste the coincidence

Also, it happened during
    the buggy chase on the Moon, so for like 30 seconds I thought maybe Brad got hit by something and knocked out, it was timed so perfectly

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

MASTER HAS GIVEN DOBBO A RING! DOBBO IS FREE

No ring gifting to Dobbos after midnight!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have never seen an episode of Downton Abbey and I still don't believe it's not actually called Downtown Abbey

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Abbey is in the country.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The Abbey is in the country.

Towns with a population of 6 will still call the center Downtown

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    We don't call any part of a town Downtown in England

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

well then how do you know which abbey to go to

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

well then how do you know which abbey to go to

's the one you go downt on, innit?

I'm writing the script right now for Upton Abbey.

It's about all the girls Billy Joel is singing about in his classic hit, "The Downeaster Alexa"

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I have never seen an episode of Downton Abbey and I still don't believe it's not actually called Downtown Abbey

I've been waiting for a version with Petula Clark singing the theme tune yes

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    My wife and I were loving Downton Abbey until we found out there was a rape in it.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Trailer for The Rhythm Section is out.

Always love seeing Raza Jaffrey getting work. He’s just so unreasonably charming.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    No thats Sister Act

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    No, this is Sister Act

GettyImages-93414725-920x584.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    sah-RUKK-en?

mybrainiscomingoutpennyarcade.jpg

*steeples fingers*

Yes, just as planned...

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    No, this is Sister Act

GettyImages-93414725-920x584.jpg

No this is Patrick

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have finally seen john wick 3

i regret seeing john wick 3

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I found the first john wick movie to be a quite unpleasant dish and did not relish the notion of a second helping let alone a third

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Did you regret seeing John Wick 2 after seeing John Wick 2?

i am now gonna watch new hellboy and double my dose of mcshane.

if anything, it will only have a more favorable/generous light on it. considering how much i hated john wick 3

plus, i'll at least have mila jovocich going full ham to entertain me.

the only character worth a damn in wick 3 was mark dacascos.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I liked 3 very much

But also if you dont like that movies world building

Then I'd imagine it's a very boring movie

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

i was more bummed out they ruined everything i liked from the first, but at least the action was divvied up well enough it didn't get too bogged down.

chapter 3 absolutely did not pace itself as well.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    John Wick might be by favorite trilogy ever. I'd have to think pretty hard name a franchise I enjoyed more. Fury Road is my favorite stand alone but Wick drew me in like nothing else.

I am predicting the franchise will follow the Fast and Furious path where FF evolved into how crazy they could make the car chases, I see JW seeing what they can do with him murdering dudes.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    i ain't gonna get too into it tho

right now i am very hype to see new hellboy

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

i was more bummed out they ruined everything i liked from the first, but at least the action was divvied up well enough it didn't get too bogged down.

chapter 3 absolutely did not pace itself as well.

Yeah if you didn't like the world building I can see that. 3 went into assassin world hard.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    i ain't gonna get too into it tho

right now i am very hype to see new hellboy
    I think you're the only one who is, so good luck.

sig.gif
    look alls i'm saying is

john wick 3 didn't have lobster johnson

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    look alls i'm saying is

john wick 3 didn't have lobster johnson

Damn it he's right

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Wait, they got Lobster Johnson in this one

That's the most interesting thing about it to me since the original casting announcement

i am only forty minutes in and yeah, he's showed up

really there are only two flaws with this movie, they are major, but this was a lot better than i'd been lead to believe:

1. david harbour is terrible in the role
    2. the ultragore

and the second bit is moreso in that it is too realistic and clashes with how over the top all the monster designs/action is

but mila jovovich cranks it to 11 and hangs out with a giant cockney pig demon, so i am super on board with what this movie is throwing down

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Aww, it's a shame David Harbour is a bad Hellboy

He wasn't ever going to be Ron Perlman, but still, there's definitely a version of him which plays a great Hellboy

i think it's a combination of this is still written very closely to the perlman version and he is having a lot of trouble acting in the makeup

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The make-up seemed super restrictive in the footage I saw, like he noticeably mumbled because of it

It bums me out because I know he could have done a great job in the right circumstances

CYpGAPn.png
    that was definitely part of it, but he is also making...poor choices in his line delivery that just can't be chalked up to anything else

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was so immediately turned off by that trailer where they made it clear Hellboy was gonna say fuck a lot

This discussion has been closed.