As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros: THE ULTIMATE THREAD — BIG TOURNAMENT SEPTEMBER 21ST! BE THERE!

1101112131416»

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    And do you have a level 99 of every primary?

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Banjo and Kazooie're a hoot and a holler

Didn't manage to get them into Elite Smash, quite, but they're a lot of fun. I need to learn to aerial Down-B into grabbing the grenade more consistently, that'll be a fun spacing mixup

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    Wonderwing might be my new favorite smash bros move. Still need to get the hang of the rest of what Banjo does but if it means I'll get to fraud more stocks with side B then it's worth it.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Banjo and Kazooie're a hoot and a holler

Didn't manage to get them into Elite Smash, quite, but they're a lot of fun. I need to learn to aerial Down-B into grabbing the grenade more consistently, that'll be a fun spacing mixup

Yeah it’s a neat trick. You gotta be drifting back in the air to get it. I’ve done so accidentally a bunch while trying to reverse the move.

Trying Bankazoo and Gunner have taught me that reversing b moves can be real good.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2019
    Would most people be okay with tournaments starting a few hours later if it meant more people being able to join?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah i dont care what time

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    A 5-6EST start time would be best for me, personally

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you know it's baloney you can't play megalovania on the earthbound stages

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that is baloney

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Yeah it's like, "I paid money for this song, I should be able to play it wherever I want!"

I do wish there were some mechanism for playing songs on non-franchise related stages. I wanna play Freezeezy Peak on the Ice Climbers stage, or Jump Up Super Star on 75m, or that one Fire Emblem song on Hyrule Temple! Although balancing each stage's music percentage is already time-consuming enough.....

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I felt betrayed when I learned Power Hungry Fool was a FE song a few months ago. Since Brawl I was under the impression it was from Earthbound!

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Still not giving up on tournaments. I making this one a bit later at 7pm Eastern, so let's see how this goes: https://pasmash.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/IoVJe7ILGq

Also, I'm gauging interest in casual night freeplay for people to do whatever. Thinkin Fridays?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    that link says the tournament is on sept. 7th, which was last week?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Challonge is flat-out broken when it comes to editing tournaments, but I've fixed it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    did well at weeklies last week but got fuckin OWNED tonight so I decided to try out some new characters just to see how I liked them

I think... I really enjoy greninja? I think I want to practice this frog

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    We still need one more player for tonight’s tournament! Please help us make it happen!

https://pasmash.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/IoVJe7ILGq

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I genuinely forgot that we had Arena Ferox as a stage. What a wild pick!

Also I'm badly out of practice but will do my best to make you all salty as Hell tonight

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I can’t join tonight, but don’t take that as lack of interest. I’m trying to heal up some wrist issues that have cropped up this week, and Smash is unfortunately the most hand-demanding game I play at the moment.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    I can’t join tonight, but don’t take that as lack of interest. I’m trying to heal up some wrist issues that have cropped up this week, and Smash is unfortunately the most hand-demanding game I play at the moment.

:bro: here take a spare

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Alright for some reason I was thinking of my "Rhydon as a fighter" idea again so here's an actual full kit.

Character gimmick: Items!
    Passive: Their second jump is a Yoshi-style highjump with super armor using an Air Balloon.

Specials
    • Neutral: There are a few items Rhydon can swap between similar to Shulk's wheel. Unlike the arts they're persistent, instead having a cooldown on how long until you can switch again. These items include:
      • Eviolite -- The default, increases their defense and weight so they play like a superheavy. Otherwise they're closer to Snake in weight.
      • Life Orb -- Increases damage dealt, but adds Pichu-style self damage.
      • Metronome -- Staling increases damage instead of decreasing.
      • Grip Claw -- Increases grab range and speed, ups pummel damage, and makes back and up throw kill relatively early.
      • Shell Bell -- Gives a small lifesteal effect to all moves.
      • Shed Shell -- Lets you near-instantly break out of grabs and buries.
    • Up: Stone Edge, a shoryuken-like that's disjointed, covers slightly behind, and is very strong--but covers much less distance.
    • Side: Drill Run, akin to Corrin's dash attack. Does major shield damage while crossing up but has a lot of end lag.
    • Down: If PT is still around instead of solo Zard probably just give Rhydon Rock Smash.
    Aerials
    • Neutral: Probably a DK-style Rapid Spin; fast, low damage. Make it reflect for laughs.
    • Up: Similar to Bowser's uair, with a slower swipe and very different launch angles. Frame 1 and 2 has a sweet spot on the tip of the horn that deals a ton and sends straight up, with the sour spot dealing moderate damage and sending forward+up. The rest of the swipe is one late hitbox that deals very little damage, but sends at a low backwards angle that sets up combos (nair, rising bair, maybe even dragdown ftilt or dash attack?)
    • Forward: Mega Punch/Strength, depending on if you're falling or rising (respectively) when you use it. Mega Punch is similar to Ganon's fair, a little slow but tremendous horizontal kill power. Strength is an uppercut that's a little quicker and sends upwards, can kill off the top if you catch them high up or the stock gets moldy.
    • Back: Iron Tail. Essentially Charizard's bair given the Lucina treatment.
    • Down: Smack Down. Throws a rock directly down; as it leaves their hand and for a frame or two afterwards it spikes, after that the rock is a projectile that does good damage and sends horizontally and slightly up for stage spiking purposes.
    Miscellaneous
    • Jab: Three-hit punch combo that ends in a Hammer Arm, dealing quite a lot of damage for a jab in exchange for a bit of recoil (only when it connects, which hitting shield does count for). Can kill off the side at ledge starting at 130-140. Also I know it's Wood Hammer that does recoil rather than Hammer Arm but shush >:c
    • Dash Attack: Horn Attack. Tuck that head down and stab 'em! Kills with tipper.
    • Final Smash: Horn Drill, obvs. Like Critical Hit but with a charge range closer to Rool's and Ridley's so you don't SD with it.
    Tilts
    • Side: Probably just Bowser's ftilt, honestly. Or Yoshi's?
    • Up: A quick horn swipe; similar to DDD's utilt, but swapping the invuln for a disjoint, being a 'lil wider, and going front-to-back.
    • Down: Stomp. Krool's dtilt!
    Smashes
    • Side: Skull Bash. Rear back with a lot of startup, on the order of 30 frames, before unleashing a terrifying headbutt that breaks shields at full charge.
    • Up: Rock Tomb. Summons a pillar of rock directly on top of them, granting a brief window of intangibility.
    • Down: Earthquake. Punches the ground, releasing two sets of shockwaves on either side. Either the first is stronger and the second is for trying to catch landing/spot dodges/getup options, or the first knocks down/buries to combo into the stronger second hit.
    Throws
    • Up: High scaling, so it can combo early on into uair/nair and kill later (mostly with Grip Claw active).
    • Forward: Weaksauce toss just to get people offstage. Might kill with Grip Claw on a moldy stock but up throw would kill easier earlier.
    • Back: Pretty much just Bowser's.
    • Down: Bangs them off the ground, sending them forward at an awkward angle that can't really be combo'd off of but deals a little more guaranteed damage.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg