As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC! Thread Title Update

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I would think the bigger problem would be isn't Alison Mack in jail for helping to run a sex cult?

Uh yeah that's what I was getting at.

ah I thought you were referring to some in-story reason for her being unavailable like being a sentient computer or erased from existence in a time paradox etc

I’m saying that I don’t know how Smallville ended with regards to her but if it was at all possible they would want to bring her back. She is the obvious inclusion and it’s sort of funny in a sad kind of way that we can be sure she will not be appearing in this movie.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    But Lois was a million times better than Chloe

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Smallville's Lois Lane is easily the best job the show does adapting a character

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    In universe, Chloe also took up with a sex cult
    Whoops!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Smallville's Lois Lane is easily the best job the show does adapting a character

booster. gold.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

booster. gold.

The best job the show did with adapting a recurring character

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Their Amanda Waller was pretty good too, she just got dragged into some interminable plots

oh it goes without saying that pam grier amanda waller rules

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    In universe, Chloe also took up with a sex cult
    Whoops!

I think Lana was involved in a cult for a bit, as part of all that ancient Egyptian possession stuff?

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    CCH Pounder was my fav.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    It’s surprising to hear all of this praise for Lois Lane. All I can remember is that when she was first introduced people didn’t much like her at all.

Quire.jpg
    it is a time honored tradition for people to hate female characters in cw superhero shows, even if they actually rule

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it is a time honored tradition for people to hate female characters in cw superhero shows, even if they actually rule

genre shows in general, really

DJ Eebs wrote: »

Television shows as a whole, honestly

Straightzi wrote: »

Narrative fiction, frankly

i'm sad now

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

life, the universe, and everything

See for example: People getting pissed in the last season of Bojack Horseman at Diane for confronting Bojack about almost having sex with a 17 year old.

Quire.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

See for example: People getting pissed in the last season of Bojack Horseman at Diane for confronting Bojack about almost having sex with a 17 year old.

I am not asking whether that actually happened.

Fencingsax wrote: »

I am not asking whether that actually happened.

Oh boy do I wish I was making that up.

Quire.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Sorry for the crosspost, but I figured it would be of interest here.
    The next Batman Arkham game is likely getting revealed pretty soon, based on some Tweets and previous leaks.

WB Games Montreal, the creators of Batman: Arkham Origins tweeted this after being silent for 4 years:

better shots of the flashing images:
    EFE-TEAXsAACB2O.jpg
    EFE-TDvWsAAk0sr.jpg
    EFE-TD4XoAIPvDX.jpg
    EFE-TEUWsAAvMKw.jpg

A lot of people suspected this meant something involving the Court of Owls, as leaks and rumors over the past couple years (and some hidden references in Arkham Knight) had mentioned, in addition last November a WB Montreal dev tweeted this:

Just about an hour ago, Scott Snyder tweeted and very quickly deleted what appears to be pretty straight-up confirmation that the next game will be about the Court of Owls (spoilered for size):
    HeN9ZMK.jpg

People are placing bets on the reveal happening either Tuesday at Playstation's State of Play event or on Microsoft's Inside Xbox livestream on the 24th.

Crippl3 on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Seems like a weird time to reveal a new Arkham game. I doubt it'll be for next gen consoles that haven't been announced, so I guess it'll be coming out real soon?

both consoles have already been announced for several months, Xbox "Scarlett" is due holiday 2020, I don't think the PS5 has a specific date

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i have a conspiracy theory that they're playing chicken with china tariffs because they likely will influence the price they have to sell the devices for, so they're really holding back from making announcements on next gen

liEt3nH.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'll play a new Arkham game, sure

Especially if it's based on Court of Owls, a storyline I just read a little bit ago for the first time

It was real good!

Here's hoping the next Arkham game is absolutely nothing like Arkham Knight!

There's a number of things I like about Origins more than the main Arkham games, I think they can avoid some of the worse tendencies of Rocksteady

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    origins had a really nice Aesthetic to it

i really don't like that the villain was not in fact Black Mask but just The Fucking Joker, but i can understand how companies - especially ones getting the "side game" job - get forced into making The Joker the bad guy

liEt3nH.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I loved Origins and wish I could play it on PS4

Origins had the best boss fights in the series, that's for sure
    Deathstroke, Electrocutioner, Copperhead are the ones I still remember

the Mr. Freeze fight from Arkham City was real good, at least

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I have still never played Origins

I should rectify that this year, maybe finally wash the taste of that shitty Deathstroke tank fight from Knight out of my mouth

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Hey rocksteady make a tmnt game send post

I would give Origins points if only for scaling back on all character models looking like roided-out monstrosities

If there’s going to be another Batman game I hope they’ve gotten it out of their system thinking that they need to come up with some excuse for there to be a bunch of super villains around. Just set it in all of Gotham. Every other video game involving superheroes has managed just fine.

Quire.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    If there’s going to be another Batman game I hope they’ve gotten it out of their system thinking that they need to come up with some excuse for there to be a bunch of super villains around. Just set it in all of Gotham. Every other video game involving superheroes has managed just fine.

I have no idea what you mean? The Arkham games have all been "this is Gotham, there are villains around"

I also don't understand what you mean by "every other video game involving superheroes has managed [it] just fine" considering the only superhero game on the Arkham games's level is the 2018 Spider-Man

I think he means not coming up with some sort of contrived "the city is a prison/quarantine zone/whatever" for why it's only supervillains and criminals out on the street for the whole game

• StempyStempy Registered User regular
    Just set the game over a year. Then you can have an overarching mystery with individual villians serving as levels within that.

I think he means not coming up with some sort of contrived "the city is a prison/quarantine zone/whatever" for why it's only supervillains and criminals out on the street for the whole game

Yeah! Sorry I thought that would be clear considering what a central aspect to the series that was.

Quire.jpg
    I have still never played Origins

I should rectify that this year, maybe finally wash the taste of that shitty Deathstroke tank fight from Knight out of my mouth

It's a Christmas game so unfortunately you have to wait until December to play it, sorry