As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You wanna pizza my [movies] thread?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    that was definitely part of it, but he is also making...poor choices in his line delivery that just can't be chalked up to anything else

that's direction way more than harbour

"fuck it let's use that take" is.. not great

that whole movie was fucking cursed though

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    there is, uh, a lot of presumption there; there's a million and a half reasons any one thing goes wrong in a studio flick.

anyway, if it weren't for david harbour hellboy, this movie woulda ruled.

i still really liked it and think it understood hellboy a lot better than the trailers depicted.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    There’s a part of me that deeply admires them still using nothing but makeup and prosthetics for Hellboy

But I wonder if making him a performance capture character wouldn’t help, especially for someone who isn’t used to acting in makeup like Perlman

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Wait are they still making movies?

Why

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Wait are they still making movies?

Why
    well they're better than videogames

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I thought Hellboy had some issues (the overused swearing mostly) but overall it was fun

The Baba Yaga and the giants sequence were both good, the giant scouse pig demon was great some good monster designs, I liked it

PSN- AHermano
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Oh and Daniel Dae Kim has one of the all time worst English accents in it too

PSN- AHermano
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sid Haig died.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I continue to be very impressed by everything I see of Frozen 2 so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwzLiQZDw2I

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    time to tears from that Frozen 2 trailer: one minute forty one seconds

I am

such

a

mark

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    man, I would have already seen Hellboy if someone had told me Baba Yaga was in it

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I loved the David Harbour Hellboy film.

His face makeup wasn't great but otherwise, boy, I really enjoyed it

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    They should do a remake of The Big Lebowski with either Idris Elba or Shia Lebouf as The Dude.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    They could do like that Bob Dylan movies where everybody plays Bob Dylan but instead Shia Lebouf plays everybody

Refresh my memory is Shia Lebouf a convicted sex predator, a presumed sex predator or am I thinking of someone else entirely

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    They could do like that Bob Dylan movies where everybody plays Bob Dylan but instead Shia Lebouf plays everybody

Refresh my memory is Shia Lebouf a convicted sex predator, a presumed sex predator or am I thinking of someone else entirely

I thought he accused someone else of assaulting him. An extra or something during one of his films.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Shia Lebouf is neither, to my knowledge

He's just a weird dude

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    They should do a remake of The Big Lebowski with either Idris Elba or Shia Lebouf as The Dude.

Uhhhhhhh

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    They should do a shot for shot remake of the big lebowski with the same cast

PNk1Ml4.png
    Drez wrote: »

I thought he accused someone else of assaulting him. An extra or something during one of his films.

He did an art installation where he was in a tent and you could "do anything you wanted" to him, and said a woman assaulted him during it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    -Tal wrote: »
    They should do a shot for shot remake of the big lebowski with the same cast

Im sorry but the original cast is dead

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

He's just a weird dude

I think the worst thing I’ve heard about him is he did some plagiarism for one of his art projects? God, that whole thing feels like so long ago. Like a completely different lifetime.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    This thread title reminded me, last night my wife and I watched Last Crusade

While I still ultimately prefer Raiders, man, is that a hell of a movie

It had been a minute since I watched it and I'd forgotten how genuinely heartwarming the father-son relationship stuff is

Sean Connery softly saying "Indiana..." at the end was fantastic

Stilts wrote: »

He's just a weird dude

I think the worst thing I’ve heard about him is he did some plagiarism for one of his art projects? God, that whole thing feels like so long ago. Like a completely different lifetime.

yeah he put out some graphic novels that were essentially straight copies of another persons work

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    He also was making an indie movie that was a straight rip of a indie comic, obvious from the trailers. I think that's the one that led to his skywriting apology and "I'm not famous anymore" paper-bag-on-head red carpet appearances.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Plaigarism seems a weird one for such a strange passionate creative person

Plaigarism seems a weird one for such a strange passionate creative person

Its easy to forget, but briefly the entertainment industry was pushing leBouf as "The next tom hanks" and saying he was gonna take over hollywood and all these insane claims

I think what happened to him is not dissimilar to Brittney Spears' breakdown

Being that famous is gonna fuck you up in some way, and I feel like he didn't think he could live up to it and tried passing off someone else's work as his to show he was that creative

Its a shame

Anyway Peanut Butter Falcon is very good

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    He ripped off Daniel Clowes, who is like the nicest guy on the planet. Then plagiarized his apology. Then spent like 3 weeks plagiarizing everything he could, trying to make a statement about plagiarism being an art form or some shit.

Knob wrote: »
    He ripped off Daniel Clowes, who is like the nicest guy on the planet. Then plagiarized his apology. Then spent like 3 weeks plagiarizing everything he could, trying to make a statement about plagiarism being an art form or some shit.

Yeah to be clear I'm not attempting to excuse him

I'm just saying that dude clearly broke in some fashion and I'm glad he seems to be pulling himself back together

This looks really good

I continue to think the least enviable job in hollywood is being the song writer for Frozen 2 trying to follow up Let It Go

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Shia Lebouf is super into PUA stuff

Needle dipping back towards presumed sex predator

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    There are a few other Wicked songs they can use as a starting point.

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sid Haig died.

I think I’m gonna have to watch this tonight.

https://youtu.be/SkjIamryzCQ

honovere wrote: »

yeah maybe they can make those good too!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

THEY ALREADY ARE GOOD!

THEY ALREADY ARE GOOD!

*protracted fart noise*

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

This looks really good

I continue to think the least enviable job in hollywood is being the song writer for Frozen 2 trying to follow up Let It Go

I think it's the same people. I'm not sure if that makes it more or less stressful

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    The Beef also has a weird relationship with his mother. Weird to me anyway.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the further i get away from hellboy 2019, the more i admire it

it definitely feels like it was a victim of too much ambition, too little studio support as i zoom out; which isn't to say it doesn't have faults, but it definitely tried to do a lot more than i expected.

i think its biggest problem is they put too much in the subtext and not enough in the text itself; like there is a lot about hellboy thinking it's kinda fucked up the first response to anything the bprd faces is to murder it, but they only ever make it overt here or there. i don't know if this was just an editing thing, a problem baked into a script, something the studio cut for more action/effects, or what -- but there is a story underneath the story we never get to see. it ties directly to the brum/hellboy relationship, but they really don't dole those scenes out in a logical way or let them build. again, it doesn't feel like they'd intended to drop that ball, but i can't pinpoint why it was so haphazard. too many things work for it to be accidental, but too many things don't work for it to be accidental and i'd love to get a post-mortem on what really happened behind closed doors on that picture.

i dunno. it fascinates me. and, i guess i prize that more than a movie being an even-keeled experience. i'm going to be turning this movie over in my head for a while

also i never thought the movie where hellboy says fuck a lot would be the superhero movie with the most sympathetic villain in it, but here we are.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Sid Haig died.

rip to a real one, and the only part of any rob zombie joint that worked

This discussion has been closed.