As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    In the same boat as @GnomeTank. If they went with Sacrosanct Chamber SCE like Sequitors, Evocators, Knight-Incantors, etc, I'd be down. But I don't care for the shooty Vanguard/Hunter/Raptor guys.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    New card art has pretty much confirmed an Ogor band for Underworlds.

ucxm4gx1t1ub.png

So we've got Beastmen, Satyr Elves, Wolf Gobbos, Ogor(s), Flesh Eaters, Brute Orruks, Daughters of Kane and Nurgle spotted so far. Sounds like a full season.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    In the same boat as @GnomeTank. If they went with Sacrosanct Chamber SCE like Sequitors, Evocators, Knight-Incantors, etc, I'd be down. But I don't care for the shooty Vanguard/Hunter/Raptor guys.

I'd be ok with basically anything Stormcast other than the models they actually made cards for, since I don't have any of them. I get that balancing a million options would be difficult, but it would be cool if I could get some basic bitch Liberators in there. The only way I can play now is if I proxy with Castigators.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    No Seraphon? Sad times :( they’d be perfect for beasty themed underworlds surely!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    New card art has pretty much confirmed an Ogor band for Underworlds.

ucxm4gx1t1ub.png

So we've got Beastmen, Satyr Elves, Wolf Gobbos, Ogor(s), Flesh Eaters, Brute Orruks, Daughters of Kane and Nurgle spotted so far. Sounds like a full season.

I'm down for ogors and DoK. Might pick up the new starter, too.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It looks like the Ogor warband will also feature a Sabretusk and potentially a gnoblar trapper too, a handy way to update those models into plastic.
    Also my called shot on today's rumour engine is that it is from a model in the DoK underworlds warband, my guess is a Bloodwrack Medusa or similarly wizardy sort.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    My guess is 1 ogre, 1 sabretusk and as many gnoblars as the feel they need.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Where were the DoK spotted why blue orruks?

Brainleech wrote: »
    Where were the DoK spotted why blue orruks?

It's all from card art. One definite and one potential DoK image in spoiler.
    7o7jyhwlbtbj.png

k6x044oiylq4.png

I have no idea what you mean by blue Orruks....

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I meant brute but phone autocorrect

Ah, again card pics.
    6i4ztreswjoe.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Brain trivia lore activate: Orcs/orks/orruks think of blue as a lucky color!

H9f4bVe.png
  • JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    If GW could just produce some stuff I don't want to buy for a bit, that'd be real handy.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Anyone familiar with Warcry able to give me their thoughts on running Nighthaunts or Legion of Nagash?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    J wrote: »
    If GW could just produce some stuff I don't want to buy for a bit, that'd be real handy.

Well I fear for myself in the coming month because of the rumored black templars and eldar redo
    But other than beastgrave I feel I will try to be brave

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Anyone familiar with Warcry able to give me their thoughts on running Nighthaunts or Legion of Nagash?

Fast ghosts or undead horde is about all I've got atm. Havn't tried those warbands out yet, just some test games against myself so far :(

akirasig.jpg
    edited September 2019

I’ve been playing NH for a few games. Some stream of consciousness thoughts: On some missions your Universal flight will be a massive boon, however they’re pretty crap at actually killing anyone as they almost all have 3 dice 3 strength attacks which is poor. The spirit host can blend people pretty well with 6 dice and a runemark to turn all hits to crits. They have high toughness but not many wounds and when crits are the main source of damage that’s not much of a defence. Resurrection can be very cheeky but never lasts long as people come back with only 1-6 wounds left so they pretty quickly return to death. I’ll be trying a smaller band with an Executioner from the new book soon to add some punching power.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    So the Orruk and Cities of Sigmar books were both announced for preorder next weekend without terrain nor endless spells.

That seems to buck the trend of recent battletomes.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I didn't expect much for Cities of Sigmar. It's basically leftovers, the book.

Orruks I thought would get some spells like the other books.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Both Cities and Warclans seem to be tidying up efforts, at least in part, bringing almost everything in the game up to an AoS 2 standard. I'll probably pick up cities for the lore alone, I think the combined free peoples are one of the more interesting aspects of AoS background. No terrain and spells is a little unusual, but I suppose there's nothing stopping them adding things in down the line once the books are established (new character models via dual-army boxes, for example.)

The new 'Gaming Book' is good too, on the assumption that it contains all the stuff you actually need, but anything which cuts down on the number of books you need to carry around is good by me.

edited September 2019
    Yeah the new "rules" book does seem cool.

If this is cleanup I wonder if we'll see a new Slaves to Darkness (or whatever name they end up with) book soon. Their current rules are pretty bad both for allegiance abilities and warscrolls.

Seraphon as well could use a book update.

TheGerbil on
    I suspect, and this is based on no evidence at all, that once this Soul Wars chapter is wrapped up in whatever form that might take things will shift back to Archaon and his followers, with the Varanguard, remaining StD, and probably the Warcry stuff rolled into one book, but it's hard to see that happening this year, the schedule is still pretty stacked with Bonereapers and Mawtribes, Sisters of Battle, and Psychic Awakening, and they don't generally release new stuff during December.

Seraphon I have no idea what they're doing with, the rules are very AoS 1, but a lot of the models are very cool and quite popular, so it's hard to say, again I suspect that will be something that's addressed next year in some form.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular

I played Nighthaunt. For starters, check the FAQ/ errata because they buffed the ability for the Chainrasps.

The Warband itself has high movement, high toughness, and everything flies. The trade off is that everything is relatively pillowfisted, so you need to make the most abilities.

The big winner are the Spirit Hosts, Scythe guys, and the Leaders because they can resummon fallen models.

I'm not familiar with LoN, but I know they're the only warband that can max out to 20 models in 1k.

edited September 2019
    I suspect, and this is based on no evidence at all, that once this Soul Wars chapter is wrapped up in whatever form that might take things will shift back to Archaon and his followers, with the Varanguard, remaining StD, and probably the Warcry stuff rolled into one book, but it's hard to see that happening this year, the schedule is still pretty stacked with Bonereapers and Mawtribes, Sisters of Battle, and Psychic Awakening, and they don't generally release new stuff during December.

Seraphon I have no idea what they're doing with, the rules are very AoS 1, but a lot of the models are very cool and quite popular, so it's hard to say, again I suspect that will be something that's addressed next year in some form.

Earlier this year they did say at least one more book for each grand alliance (right after Sylvaneth I want to say?) So cities is the order, bonereapers is death, destruction likely has two between Orruks and Ogres.

So what is Chaos? Tzeetch and Slaves are all that's left.

Also fun fact: Archaon and Varanguard are not in the slaves to darkness army list. They are everchosen. Two of three units in everchosen (the third being a gaunt summoner).

Archaon can go in other gods armies due to his keywords though.

TheGerbil on
    Cities of Sigmar preview
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/23/faction-focus-cities-of-sigmargw-homepage-post-4/

Kinda funny That the Cities seem to be majority Dark Elves (at least when it comes to unit choices)
    AoSCitiesFocus-Sep23-Battleline14ujsw-846x951.jpg

Cause Dark Elves got the newest sculpts.

I might misremember but a bunch of the High Elves that were cut were newer? Or did they just look newer? The Dark Elf spear/sword/crossbow in particular looked dated when they were released, I think.

The Dark Elf book was one of the later ones released before the End Times I think (and the Wood Elves one), so the models are a little newer, but the High Elf stuff was mostly comparable in quality (though some of it was only available in the Island of Blood sprues, and couldn't be separated from the skaven components on the same sprues.) I guess if you consider that they are no longer high/dark elves then there wasn't much point in keeping two sets of elven spear infantry, and maybe they went with the set that matched visually with the more interesting kits like the corsairs?

I mean good riddance to the high elf archers and spear elves. Those were really bad. I just had it in my head that white lions, flying boat, and dragon princes were a later release, but I'm probably wrong.

The flying boats were definitely part of the most recent high elf release, I thiiink the dragon princes and white lions were from the prior edition, but I can't remember. I have no idea why the skycutter didn't make it into the mix honestly, seems like it would have fit right at home in AoS, low sales, perhaps?

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Those units are all Battleline, or can be made as such with the right General, not the sum total of units.

Certainly true, but the old high elf stuff under discussion is no longer for sale from GW, so it's inclusion in the book is pretty unlikely!

I think their Facebook mentioned no new units with this release and anything that was last chance to buy is not coming back.

So yeah skycutters and their like are gonezo.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Cities of Sigmar preview
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/23/faction-focus-cities-of-sigmargw-homepage-post-4/

Kinda funny That the Cities seem to be majority Dark Elves (at least when it comes to unit choices)
    AoSCitiesFocus-Sep23-Battleline14ujsw-846x951.jpg

This-is-Fine-300x300.jpg

H9f4bVe.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Spear Elves were old as fuck.

cutting the Seaguard that came in one of the AoS starter sets is a weird one, though.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is Cities basically them sunsetting a bunch of models/lines?

Vanguard wrote: »

No they did that already

Cities is giving the remaining ones more coherent rules.

TheGerbil wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

No they did that already

Cities is giving the remaining ones more coherent rules.

That said, I wouldn't start a brand new Cities of Sigmar army.

edited September 2019
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/24/faction-focus-orruk-warclansgw-homepage-post-2/

Orruks are the old timey Black Templars of AoS?
    AoSOrrukFocus-Sep24-MadAsHell1yhcdf.jpg

The Drakfoot rule seems pretty good.

honovere on
    honovere wrote: »
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/24/faction-focus-orruk-warclansgw-homepage-post-2/

Orruks are the old timey Black Templars of AoS?
    AoSOrrukFocus-Sep24-MadAsHell1yhcdf.jpg

The Drakfoot rule seems pretty good.

Is that the one where they ignore the ethereal rule?

Also does the second part of their rule ignore feel no pain type saves or something else?

This discussion has been closed.