As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] h o n k

Crippl3Crippl3 ohnoRegistered User regular

Untitled Goose Game is out, and probably a lot of other good indie games too
Please honk about them here

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEARTS

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    HONK

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    @honk please share your thoughts with the group

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Goose Game is honkin' great.

I've also been playing Darq, which is a bit like Limbo/Inside except you're trapped in a nightmare and can walk on walls/ceilings:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62cplJi7AeY

And 'The Sojourn', a wonderful puzzler/walking-sim:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBeDC0DXySU

Their are too many frickin' great honkin' verda-gurms. #TooManyGames #1stWorldProblems #Honk

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    @honk please share your thoughts with the group

Honk honk!

PSN: Honkalot
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    The indie game I've been playing also features honking

(It's Subnautica)

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEARTS
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEEEEEARTS

CYpGAPn.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEARTS
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEEEEEARTS

I can't make up my mind about whether Parallel Universes is brilliant or infuriating.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEARTS
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEEEEEARTS

I can't make up my mind about whether Parallel Universes is brilliant or infuriating.

That stage is the only one I've used the skip function on
    I simply could not crack it

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEARTS
    SAYONARA

WILD

HEEEEEARTS

That stage is the only one I've used the skip function on
    I simply could not crack it

The concept is really cool, though. Maybe if they gave the player a bit more leeway it would've been better? But you already ride through that stage pretty slowly.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Damn, I just checked and The Sojourn has no plans for VR. It looks like the perfect game for VR. nuts.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    if you can wrap your brain about how parallel universes works it becomes, IMO, the best level in the game aside from maybe the ending

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Parallel Universes was the point where the rhythm aspect of the game actually did click with me, weirdly enough.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I have the goose game and I’m weirdly reluctant to actually play it

It seems like it would be such a good time to play it in a group with a bunch of friends coming up with horrible goose gambits, and when I try to play it solo I can feel the potential for that limiting my experience

So maybe I’ll just hold off on it until one of those situations comes up

6F32U1X.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The postgame objectives give it a lot of replayability, honestly

• DeansDeans Registered User regular
    A couple more weeks for Indivisible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08y7_AFygU

This opening gives me big Chrono Cross vibes and I like it.

I finished Sayonara Wild Hearts

That game is a fucking experience

Holy crap

CYpGAPn.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I've been playing Katana Zero recently and it's pretty good.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I've been playing Katana Zero recently and it's pretty good.

I've been eyeing that game, but first I wanna finish Blasphemous.

I saw this trailer for a game called Outbuddies today and it looks really neat too, so I'ma keep track of it until it releases
    https://youtu.be/DW_HsmmDVo8

JtgVX0H.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

Chrono cross you say

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular

Why is this so much fuuuuuuun

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    oh I'm feeling like a big ol curmudgeon about Sayonara Wild Hearts

I see the intricately directed visual feast that it is and think "I wish this was more coherent as a music game"

it seems like it's for the same kind of person that really really loves like Carly Rae Jepsen and it's kinda left me out in the cold

6F32U1X.png
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Deans wrote: »

This is a Tales opening video.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    f02kss3hvwmt.png

From the website:
    http://vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie.htm
    Your Turn To Die -Death Game By Majority- (Kimi ga Shine) is a freeware negotiation/horror/adventure game by Nankidai made in RPG Maker MV. Currently, it goes up to Chapter 2, Part Two. It will be released a part at a time.

Sara Chidouin returns home from school late one night to discover that something's gone terribly wrong.
    When she comes to, she finds herself, her friend Joe, and 9 other people trapped in a mysterious place.
    Placed in life-and-death situations, they must come to an agreement about what they should do - and who should die.

(Note: Nankidai has allowed this translation, but has asked it be stated as "unofficial" simply because they don't know English well enough to verify its accuracy.)

WARNING: This game contains plenty of death and blood, and deals with heavy subject matter. Discretion is strongly advised.

I am not great with words so take a look at that this, the game is like Danganronpa mixed with stuff from other similar survival/death games

You can play it for free with the browser
    http://vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie/

Peas on
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Your Turn To Die is great and I can't wait for the last chapter.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I see the intricately directed visual feast that it is and think "I wish this was more coherent as a music game"

it seems like it's for the same kind of person that really really loves like Carly Rae Jepsen and it's kinda left me out in the cold

I’m pretty similar. I like the game a fair amount, and the IDEA of someone making audiosurf but with a narrative and crazy visuals is amazing

But in practice I find the levels a little tedious to play, and I don’t see myself ever trying to get “good” at them

Vann Diras wrote: »

I’m pretty similar. I like the game a fair amount, and the IDEA of someone making audiosurf but with a narrative and crazy visuals is amazing

But in practice I find the levels a little tedious to play, and I don’t see myself ever trying to get “good” at them

I think pretty much all of my issues would be solved if the game was just lane-based

the pickups are all already laid out as if the game HAD lanes, but for some reason you have direct control over the character, and the direct control never feels very good and is always super squirrely and all over the place and I'm crashing into walls or missing pickups by an inch because I over or understeered

and like there's something to be said for it's just an experience-based game and it's best played by not worrying about performance or score, but they're the ones who puts points and ranks into it

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Is anyone else working on the Zodiac Riddles in SWH cuz I could definitely use a brainstorming partner or two for a few of them

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Untitled Good Game is very charming and fun and might be the best time I've had with a vidja game in years.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

I think pretty much all of my issues would be solved if the game was just lane-based

the pickups are all already laid out as if the game HAD lanes, but for some reason you have direct control over the character, and the direct control never feels very good and is always super squirrely and all over the place and I'm crashing into walls or missing pickups by an inch because I over or understeered

and like there's something to be said for it's just an experience-based game and it's best played by not worrying about performance or score, but they're the ones who puts points and ranks into it

Yuuuuup I agree with all of this. The too-loose controls combined with the visuals constantly moving in ways that confuse my own character movement just makes for a pretty frustrating thing to try and play

For the price I think it’s totally worth checking out, but after the first level I was very intrigued and as things went on I was just let down

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "Death Game by Majority" is a wonderful sequence of syllables

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    I think it is 100% intended as an experience more than anything

Like, anecdotally, my partner played it and lost her goddamn mind. She plays a few games, maybe one or two a year, but the fact that she was able to pick it up, immediately know the controls because it is just movement and timed button presses, and then get the option to skip a specific chunk of a level because she died too much but still finish it out was pretty fantastic to watch.

CYpGAPn.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Like half of Wild Heart's soundtrack sounds good to me and the other half I don't really care for and there's one song I actively detest sooooo idk I guess I'll wait for a sale.

X22wmuF.jpg

well, I didn't anticipate this coming

6F32U1X.png
    Daniel Ortberg's use of the written word makes me think he has an extremely loose grasp on the English language and also understands it better than anyone who has ever lived, simultaneously.

CYpGAPn.png
    "Theft puts a parade in my walk" is maybe my favorite phrasing I've ever heard

6F32U1X.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    No one will ever create a phrase as good as “the softest triangle with a hose attached” to describe the structure of a goose.

IKknkhU.gif
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    New Enhance game called Humanity coming next year.

https://youtu.be/Y9MYkw-ZBsI

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Can't tell if that's a Lemmings + lots of simulation or a "Fuck you totally accurate battle simulator we can do like 10x the amount of dudes" but either way I'm in

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Can't tell if that's a Lemmings + lots of simulation or a "Fuck you totally accurate battle simulator we can do like 10x the amount of dudes" but either way I'm in
    Honestly it looks like both.