As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rocksmith] Rocksmith Plus more money

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    The DLC for August 20th, 2019 is Bloodhound Gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pntvB1gDmRU

“The Bad Touch” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “The Ballad Of Chasey Lain” – E Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Alt Rhythm/Bass
    Bloodhound Gang was an American rock band which began as a hip hop group before branching out into other genres, including punk rock, alternative hip hop, rapcore, funk metal, and electronic rock, as their career progressed. Their songs were usually known for off-beat and vulgar lyrics that often dealt with sexual subjects and contained many puns and innuendos.

Not much of a fan and it does look like one of the easiest song packs in some time. Normally an easier pack does have at least one song that's a bit more involved, but that doesn't look like the case here. Still, if you want to 100% a few more songs, it would be a good way to go.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling the censorship is going to be distracting on these.

• JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    I think this week will be a hard pass. Which is fine -- it's not like I don't have 763 other songs to choose from … :)

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I have a feeling the censorship is going to be distracting on these.

Come on, its not like one of the songs is a musical fan letter focused on partaking of an ass buffet and showing someone's parents some rude ass titties.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    So I need help with downloading tracks and ubisoft support is not helping very much.

I bought the intermediate exercises on xbox 360 through the Microsoft site on release day, it appeared in the ready to install section on my xbox one later that day.

I bought the advanced exercises on release day and the Gary Moore pack on its release day. They are not available to install on my xbox one.

The shop on Rocksmith on xbox one wants me to pay again.

I have updated both consoles, am signed in with same profile on both consoles, I have power cycled both consoles. I have no issues downloading anything else.

The same thing happened with the last pearl jam pack and someone somewhere solved it for me, but I'm damned if I can find that solution.

Any ideas? Winner gets a bonus Gary Moore story.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Did you buy on 360? And is 360 compatible with the One? I have it on Xbox one but don’t play it as I already have too much invested in the pc dlc.

50433.png?1708759015
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Raybies666 wrote: »
    So I need help with downloading tracks and ubisoft support is not helping very much.

I bought the intermediate exercises on xbox 360 through the Microsoft site on release day, it appeared in the ready to install section on my xbox one later that day.

I bought the advanced exercises on release day and the Gary Moore pack on its release day. They are not available to install on my xbox one.

The shop on Rocksmith on xbox one wants me to pay again.

I have updated both consoles, am signed in with same profile on both consoles, I have power cycled both consoles. I have no issues downloading anything else.

The same thing happened with the last pearl jam pack and someone somewhere solved it for me, but I'm damned if I can find that solution.

Any ideas? Winner gets a bonus Gary Moore story.

I've had issues where I lost licenses to games I owned. Was a pain to get that sorted out . Mainly people were idiots until I got that one rep who actually looked at it and was like yup, you purchased this.

• Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Did you buy on 360? And is 360 compatible with the One? I have it on Xbox one but don’t play it as I already have too much invested in the pc dlc.

I bought 360 dlc through xbox website. If you have the game on both systems, 360 dlc belongs to you on xbox one as well.

Raybies666 on
    Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
    The DLC for August 8th, 2019 is Women Who Rock II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1MU9JEN1Dk

“We Got The Beat” by The Go-Go’s – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Seether” by Veruca Salt – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “According To You” by Orianthi – D Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass; E Standard – Alt Lead

Like the first Women Who Rock pack, I was looking forward to it then was disappointed that women selected didn't rock a bit harder. The Orianthi track looks cool, but it's also in D standard. We Got the Beat is a fun song which might be picked up on sale, just seems a bit odd for this pack.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I don't know... I think Seether rocks pretty hard.

I’ve never heard of the last artist. We got the the beat is more than likely a pick up as I graduated in 85 so that song was part of my youth. See there seems like a cool bass song.

50433.png?1708759015
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I’ve never heard of the last artist.

Orianthi? She was the guitarist for Michael Jackson's tour (until he died of course), covering the Eddie Van Halen guitar solo in Beat It. She's also done some stuff with Steve Vai. She's often the go-to response to boys who says girls can't play guitar. Her musical style isn't often my thing, but you can't deny she can play the hell out of a guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7b-_YcACuQ

Endaro on
    As much as I can say Steve Vai has talent, most of his songs are not for me. So I guess if she's in that type of music she's got chops. But not for me. :)

50433.png?1708759015
    Big thumbs up on the Go-Gos -- it's admittedly pretty simple, but a lot of fun.

The DLC for September 3rd, 2019 is Easy Exercises, Volume 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37DCeZu5KaQ

“Guitar – Easy Linear Playing Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Easy String Switching Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Easy String Skipping Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Easy Hammer-On Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Easy Pull-Off Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Bass – Easy Linear Playing Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Easy String Switching Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Easy String Skipping Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Easy Hammer-On Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Easy Pull-Off Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass

Pretty basic, but I could probably use more practice.

Pony wrote:
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I definitely appreciate that they keep putting some work into the very original idea of beginner level learning.

What is this I don't even.
    These do seem better/more interesting than the first set of exercises, which were all just straight chromatic linear playing.

The DLC for September 10th, 2019 is Kaleo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Dyk2G0x_Y

“Way Down We Go” – E Standard – Lead; Capo: E Standard - Rhythm; Eb Standard - Bass
    “No Good” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “All The Pretty Girls” – Capo: E Standard – Lead/Rhythm; E Standard – Bass
    Kaleo (stylized as KALEO) is an Icelandic blues/rock band that formed at Mosfellsbær in 2012. KALEO's music is influenced by folk and blues. Their blues influences are mainly drawn from delta blues, which was the target for some of the heavier songs in their album A/B. Their music prominently features a distinctive resonator sound.

Kind of an interesting indie-blues sound. I do have trouble with keeping in tune with a capo so that alone disqualifies me from this one.

Pony wrote:
    The DLC for September 17th, 2019 is Social Stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-W4SFP3_6s

“Guitar Solos With Dooo #2 - Ascend” by The Dooo – Eb Standard – Lead; D Drop C – Rhythm/Bass
    “No Reason” by Audrey and Kate – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Everything But Me” by Set The Charge – Drop D – Lead/Rhythm; D Standard – Bass

So Audrey and Kate are semi-famous for learning with Rocksmith at a young age, The Dooo is apparently a streamer who also plays music, and I have no idea what the connection is to Set The Charge. The Solo seemed interesting, but only the Set The Charge track seems to be recorded outside of a basement. Seems like a neat idea, but I'll be taking a pass on this one.

Pony wrote:
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Those exercises look great. The question for me is whether to get one of those beginner packs or get saucy and go straight for intermediate (I am awful, btw). These sorts of packs seem really helpful.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    The DLC for September 24th, 2019 is "Highway to Oblivion" by DragonForce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ6kDgj8oVs

“Highway To Oblivion” by DragonForce – E Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Interestingly, it's only one track, but it's for an upcoming album. Seems like a decent track and in E standard, but it's faster than my first boyfriend and I have no hope of playing it. Hope some of you with quick fingers enjoy it.

Pony wrote:
    Herman Li actually helped track this one.

He spent about six weeks with the guys getting it right. To tough for me but it’s a cool thing. Supposedly rock band got the track as well. Smart i think on an album release.

50433.png?1708759015
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Well, it definitely sounds like a DragonForce song.

At the end of the song, instead of an accuracy percentage it shows Herman Li's increasingly disappointed face.

Those exercises look great. The question for me is whether to get one of those beginner packs or get saucy and go straight for intermediate (I am awful, btw). These sorts of packs seem really helpful.

TBH, I'd suggest either starting with intermediate, or starting with beginner pack II -- I think beginner pack I was a little too basic.

Having said which, watch the YouTube previews and they'll show you exactly what the exercises look like, and that should help you decide. In all cases so far, whichever exercise you're playing just repeats two variations (one ascending and one descending) all the way up the neck, at increasing speeds.

Endaro wrote: »
    Well, it definitely sounds like a DragonForce song.

Yeah, I can appreciate Dragonforce, but I don't really enjoy it. It's tempting to pick up just to see if I can learn it, though. The only Dragonforce song I've ever actually liked was "Fury of the Storm", but I don't see us ever getting that one.

Kind of the RS equivalent of one of those spicy wing eating contests that ends with you just taking a bite directly out of a habanero pepper.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    JOE_1967 wrote: »
    Kind of the RS equivalent of one of those spicy wing eating contests that ends with you just taking a bite directly out of a habanero pepper.

Yeah, I do respect Herman and Sam for their tremelo prowess and lack of fear of failing in a live setting (and boy, have they had some screw ups live the 2 times I've seen them), but musically I find them incredibly boring. Same 2 note per string and power chord verses, same voice leadings in bridges, and same pentatonic speed wank in the solos (with the occasional pac-man noise from Herman).

That type of pure speed centric power metal, give me early Rhapsody any day, so I can have fun with diatonic minor and phrygian modes.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

A habanero?

these fuckin' casuals
    :P

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

TBH, I'd suggest either starting with intermediate, or starting with beginner pack II -- I think beginner pack I was a little too basic.

Having said which, watch the YouTube previews and they'll show you exactly what the exercises look like, and that should help you decide. In all cases so far, whichever exercise you're playing just repeats two variations (one ascending and one descending) all the way up the neck, at increasing speeds.

I went ahead and downloaded intermediate, figuring it was better to challenge myself rather than go too basic. Haven't had time to spend much time with it, but looking forward to put a lot of work in this weekend. Thank you for the advice!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    The DLC for October 1, 2019 is Amaranthe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0msXP2wM4rA

“Drop Dead Cynical” – Custom: B Standard – Lead; E Standard – Bass
    “Amaranthine” – C Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “The Nexus” – Custom: C Drop Bb – Lead/Rhythm; D Drop C - Bass

Reviews of Amaranthe's style are varied, though they all acknowledge that they are mainly a subgenre of heavy metal. According to AllMusic, Amaranthe's musical style mixes death metal with melodic pop music, giving for a feel of metalcore overall. Lead singer Elize Ryd acknowledges the difficulties in trying to ascribe their music to one specific genre and describes Amaranthe's sound as "dance-rock with a taste of death and modern/melodic metal," though she admits that, unlike death metal, their focus is on "positive energy" and "open[ing] up minds [and] give[ing] passion, strength and love.

Not familiar with the band, but I love the female singer's voice. The male's voice not so much. Interesting mix of difficulty. Since I'm never getting those tunings to play on my guitar, it's all moot anyway.

Pony wrote:
    Yeesh -- those tunings ...

edited October 2019
    Yeesh -- those tunings ...

Their main guitarist is Olof Morck a guy that started in power metal but really liked what Alexi Laiho was doing and the Gothenburg sound and embraced Drop C in all it's many forms and permutations for a fatter sound without the need to go to 7 or 8 strings.

And yes, their vocalist Elize Ryd is great. I first saw/heard her as a back-up vocalist for Kamelot and she impressed even in that limited role.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I'll do fingerstyle stuff on my acoustic from time to time where the bottom string is dropped to C, but if I tried that on my electric they'd just be flapping like spaghetti. Not al dente, but extremely overcooked.

The DLC for October 8th, 2019 is Intermediate Exercises, Vol 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUxpHIMpOvY

“Guitar – Intermediate Linear Playing Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Intermediate String Switching Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Intermediate String Skipping Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Intermediate Hammer-On/Pull-Off Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Guitar – Intermediate Pull-Off/Hammer-On Exercise 2” – E Standard - Lead
    “Bass – Intermediate Linear Playing Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Intermediate String Switching Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Intermediate String Skipping Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Intermediate Hammer-On/Pull-Off Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass
    “Bass – Intermediate Pull-Off/Hammer-On Exercise 2” – E Standard - Bass

Looks pretty much like what it says on the tin. Might wait for a sale, but I'll be grabbing this one at some point.

Pony wrote:
    Yes, more string skipping tutorials. These are my favorite thing Rocksmith has come out with lately, been doing wonders for my consistency.

I'm far from Paul Gilbert, but I have a lot more confidence in lead playing calling for big skips in primary patterns and riffs.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Wow, next week we're getting another Metal mix pack featuring Death - Crystal Mountain. That'll be a definite pickup for me.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm thinking about jumping back into this on Steam and getting some of the intermediate practice packs. I have the old Rocksmith cable from 2012 from Xbox 360, does that work still with the new versions? I also have a Line6 Pod Studio UX2, but some quick googling says that I might miss notes using that and they don't preload guitar tones for each song (?) since it's a different interface.

Yes, the cable should work for all versions and all platforms. Not sure about your other question.

Pony wrote: