As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Snow]: A Four Letter Word

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    It's not even October, and the white stuff has begun to fly.

We're in Almost Winter now.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    It is going to be in the 90s on Monday and Tuesday here

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Right now we're still in the grip of Hot Pollen Explosion, but we've had a taste or two of Tornado Season II: The Fall One.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I got a Special Weather Alert on my phone that we might see some snow this weekend, which is nuts

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I have yet to leave my apartment but theoretically we might have gotten a little rain last night, but the forecast is looking very pleasant for the next rest of forever.

xc1ryux4t7tz.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It was in the 30's this morning.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Ive been wearing pants all week.

Its weird.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Bedlam!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    We had snow/rain mix last night for Halloween.

There was swearing involved.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I think I saw snow.

It might also have been small rocks.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It is May 9th

This thread has become valid again.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I heard the Northeast is getting snow this weekend!

I also heard the last time it snowed in the Northeast in May was in 1978! Wild!

• Options
    It’s snowing in Minnesota right now

y116f214shvs.jpeg

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Fuck everything

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Just snowed in NYC. Hopefully people stay inside this weekend

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Technically, it wasn't a snowstorm because it was sleet most of the day.

It was sleeting sideways the wind was so strong and there were near-whiteout conditions during parts of the day. And then the clouds would open up and there would be a window of blue and the sun would come out and it would start getting warm for like ten minutes, just long enough to trick me, and then sideways heavy sleet again.

I hope it didn't damage too many of the plants. Lots of flowers are already in full bloom and the trees are leafing out.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    It's not actually sleeting sideways, Raijin just doesn't know how to post pictures correctly

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Steve has only ever posted two pictures that weren't sideways. And he's posted in the low thousands of pictures.

• Options
    It’s only been since I got the new phone!!! Shut yourself mouths!!

• Options
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    God dammit

• Options
    So, we got the first snowfall of the year this weekend, pretty much out of nowhere. At least the weather held off for the funeral.

• Options
    Supposed to get 2”-5” today.

Woo

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    My snowblower is arriving this week.

*narrows eyes at the horizon*

• Options
    My snowblower is arriving this week.

*narrows eyes at the horizon*

I should probably get the beast out of my shed and get it started and all of that jazz

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I was *just* out in my garage yesterday doing a bunch of organizing, and I forgot to swap the positions of the snowblower and lawnmower so the appropriate one was in The Easy to Reach Spot.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    No snow in the KC area, yet. Did drop in the low 30s though so I had to move my purple mum inside.

But that means its mulled cider and good book weather, which I am all about.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    We’re supposed to drop below freezing this weekend, which is right about on schedule for around here. We’ll get to watch our garden finally die

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I need to change a shear pin on my snowblower.

I kept putting it off and putting it off.

• Options
    aid7e1qe2j25.jpeg

The view from my Home office.

• Options
    And we're on the path to 10" or better of the fluffy white stuff. Watching people driving today was entertaining, in a not good way.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    hznkmdyla7wk.jpeg

This morning at my house

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I need to change a shear pin on my snowblower.

I kept putting it off and putting it off.

Well, that’s what it’s for! ;)

knitdan on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Meanwhile it's in the 50s and 60s in New England.

Fuck off climate change.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    A tad early for snow in the season isn't it?

• Options
    We often get at least one snowfall before Halloween but it’s usually just a dusting and not a sustained 24-hour storm

• Options
    Hah, fuck this entirely.

We haven't had a serious ice storm in the last decade. The trees are still fully leafed out. Half an inch of ice on OKC is going to knock power out for absolutely everyone for a week.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    We’re supposed to be up around 50 again next week

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Supposed to start snowing this afternoon. Got to venture out to a hardware store to pick up a new spark plug for the snow blower.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    saw a couple flurries in Maryland today

admittedly at the top of a mountain