As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Vampirism

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Vampirism

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    This is why I prefer H:TV. Or the video games.

I did run V:TR once. Once, I had the Sherrif ask for a favor and check out some commotion that he couldn't get to as the Prince needed him personally for something else.

They met a Genius. When they tried to get people to help, everyone told them the joke wasn't funny and hung up. I then pointed out that the in-game date was April 1st.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • v2miccav2micca Registered User regular
    I've played a few different campaigns of Vampire: the Masquerade. Without fail, the group sharply detoured from the Storyteller's planned story arc and would just go into some weird, wild, occasionally disturbing places. I'm not saying it wasn't fun. But, I occasionally felt bad for the storyteller that had obviously put hours of work into a campaign that we never even came close to following.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I feel like Vampire isn't even the most egregious of the World of Darkness games for this. For example, in Wraith every character has a Shadow that seeks to destroy them, and another player at the table controls your shadow.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    So this is about pen and paper RPGs, not a video game?

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So this is about pen and paper RPGs, not a video game?

Yes. They just finished playing the play session so that they can release it online at some point.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    All I can think is: Your sharing Milk?!? Gross.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    SpinelesS wrote: »
    All I can think is: Your sharing Milk?!? Gross.

That's different. This is dippin' milk.

Though, it's probably all salty.

H9f4bVe.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have been running two V:tM games and they have covered some very dark territory. The third game I wrote, now I fully understand and have my head around the system again is about playing Irish Travelers in 1882. That game is particularly dark and upsetting, but very much intentionally so. Currently my games are both in the 80s and doing pretty well, with both of them heavily drawing from the AIDS epidemic of the time period.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Each world of darkness plays very differently and feels very different. I always played werewolf, mostly because the game style was a faster pace than vampire, which is our groups preference.

• ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    I have a saying. Ehem.

I would love to play White Wolf games, but playing White Wolf games means you have to play games with people who play White Wolf games.

(Mic drop.)

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Zomagic wrote: »
    I would love to play White Wolf games, but playing White Wolf games means you have to play games with people who play White Wolf games.

Ryan Sosa is that you? What ever happened to your old Red Mage column on Nuklear Power?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I have a saying. Ehem.

(Mic drop.)

My first reaction is that this is a bit snobbish.

But I have to admit that's how D&D is for me. I want to play with people who are having just laid back and having fun, like on the streams. That's never the people who are openly advertising trying to get players into their games.

(And no, I'm not just saying I don't like weirdos. I'm a weirdo. But there's a particular type that gravitates towards D&D - and nerdly pursuits in general - that can make fun things not fun.)

dennis on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I have a saying. Ehem.

(Mic drop.)

My first reaction is that this is a beat snobbish.

But I have to admit that's how D&D is for me. I want to play with people who are having just laid back and having fun, like on the streams. That's never the people who are openly advertising trying to get players into their games.

(And no, I'm not just saying I don't like weirdos. I'm a weirdo. But there's a particular type that gravitates towards D&D - and nerdly pursuits in general - that can make fun things not fun.)
    I mean, there are all sorts. I find the most difficult to play with are the ones who are really attached to their characters, and the GM has said make a primary and make a backup because I'm not pulling any punches.

I don't even mind a rules lawyer as long as they aren't super disruptive, because sometimes you need to ask, hey can I do this with this spell?

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    This is why I prefer H:TV. Or the video games.

I did run V:TR once. Once, I had the Sherrif ask for a favor and check out some commotion that he couldn't get to as the Prince needed him personally for something else.

They met a Genius. When they tried to get people to help, everyone told them the joke wasn't funny and hung up. I then pointed out that the in-game date was April 1st.

As in, the maddest of mad scientists? If so, yikes.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I have a saying. Ehem.

(Mic drop.)

So start playing with your friends. That's what we did.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    I have a saying. Ehem.

(Mic drop.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKUMlEppAs

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    I have a saying. Ehem.

(Mic drop.)

Can you also magically whip me up a Twilight Imperium game group? I mean, as long as you're granting wishes.

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I have a saying. Ehem.

A navy vet, an engineer, a couple programmers, and overall chill people, you mean?

As in, the maddest of mad scientists? If so, yikes.

The very same. They ran into a bit of everything except werewolves, but that was because in this setting the werewolves stuck to their territory and they were explicitly warned by the Sherrif that if they went there, even by mistake, they'd be hunted down by said werewolves on sight and nobody would come to help them.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell