As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trailers: A Brief History

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Here's the full Breaking Bad movie trailer:

https://youtu.be/1JLUn2DFW4w

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Don't Mess With the Zohan 2 Uncut Gems, where shampoo is better and the only product placement is Kevin Garnett and a Furby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfJp2Ts9X8

As far as Sandler movies go, this actually looks pretty good.

It actually has a 94% on RT from 36 reviewers. Really high praise for Sandler in a lot of the reviews.

Adam Sandler's a good actor. Full stop. He just does a lot of really dumb, bad movies.

nibXTE7.png
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Adam Sandler was great in Murder Mystery (netflix) with Aniston.
    His movies are fun and often pretty good.

Fight me.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Adam Sandler was great in Murder Mystery (netflix) with Aniston.
    His movies are fun and often pretty good.

Fight me.

The western from a year or two back was one of the worst/laziest movies I've ever seen.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Adam Sandler is lazy and has chosen to "potentially" steal millions making lazy films with his friends for things like Jack and Jill. Jack and Jill which cost $79 million to make despite being a paid promotional item for Dunkin' Donuts.

But those jobs seem to be fewer and he's getting older so maybe he doesn't want to die being known as a lazy hack.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Steal?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Adam Sandler is lazy and has chosen to "potentially" steal millions making lazy films with his friends for things like Jack and Jill. Jack and Jill which cost $79 million to make despite being a paid promotional item for Dunkin' Donuts.

But those jobs seem to be fewer and he's getting older so maybe he doesn't want to die being known as a lazy hack.

Don't forget Sandler gets to fart out shitty movies for Netflix, and apparently they're really popular. I'm a little impressed he's actually making an effort with Uncut Gems.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Don't forget Sandler gets to fart out shitty movies for Netflix, and apparently they're really popular. I'm a little impressed he's actually making an effort with Uncut Gems.

His last Netflix film, Murder Mystery, was pretty good.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

His last Netflix film, Murder Mystery, was pretty good.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jai Courtney Sam Worthington has a new netflix movie!

https://youtu.be/y6VpcgL1iC4
    Wait I thought putting Sam Worthington in movies was currently a criminal offense. How are they getting away with this? :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The Irishman official trailer, even though the teaser trailer a month or two ago was pretty official but whatever, hollywood lies like always:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHXxVmeGQUc

Didn't know Ray Romano was in it, that can work he's played mobster adjacent in a few movies. Still looks classy, but it's kind of funny how they now just put the movie in theaters 3 weeks before it streams in order to make it qualify for awards/placate theaters. Honestly I'll probably see it in theaters instead of watching it on Netflix because lol when does Netflix ever have good movies on their site anymore a naruto run dab.

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Saw the trailer for "The Rhythm Section" starring Blake Lively and Jude Law. My main takeaway was: I like the song in this ("In the Pines" cover by Sleigh Bells) and while I momentarily think this could actually be good, if it had a good script, they probably would have got an actress with a bigger draw than Blake Lively. :c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uq_5bYGYoY

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/RXRqTrojCbI

Die Hararrasic Park on a boat. Oh and predator maybe sure predator.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Don't shoot Nick Cage's pussy. Got it.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Famke Janssen you deserve better.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    You loved Snakes on a Plane, now enjoy this: Feline on a Sealine.

see317 on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Don't shoot Nick Cage's pussy. Got it.

*Scanners.gif*

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I’ve liked uhm... Kevin Durand? Since Mystery Alaska. Wish he was in more movies as he’s a beast of a man and would play a good bad guy. Not sure if this movie counts though.

50433.png?1708759015
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I don't get why everyone gives Sandler shit for basically getting paid millions of dollars to take all of his friends on extravagant trips across the world to shoot movies that, yeah they're not oscar candidates, but they're also not "not another (insert pop culture here) movie" either.

Like, no one was in here telling Clooney and Brad Pitt to go jump in a lake and die when they made Ocean's 12.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I don't get why everyone gives Sandler shit for basically getting paid millions of dollars to take all of his friends on extravagant trips across the world to shoot movies that, yeah they're not oscar candidates, but they're also not "not another (insert pop culture here) movie" either.

Like, no one was in here telling Clooney and Brad Pitt to go jump in a lake and die when they made Ocean's 12.

I bet they did jump in a lake though. After all they spend all their time at Clooney's place at the Comer Lake

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Oceans 12 is somewhat enjoyable to watch, can't say the same for Sandler's movies.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I’ve liked uhm... Kevin Durand? Since Mystery Alaska. Wish he was in more movies as he’s a beast of a man and would play a good bad guy. Not sure if this movie counts though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ey0AmM6Xko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvvKRvJe1rg

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    alate.

I think he has shoveled so much shit at this point you lost 'gems' like pixels and al pachino hocking coffee drinks in that pile of pop culture garbage.

And Ocean's 12 was not good? So I am not sure where you are going with that? Confessions of a dangerous mind would maybe be a better example? Basically everyone but Bernie cameos in that, except the joke is better.
    A woman on the dating game gives up a date with brad pitt or matt damon for guy with basically no personality:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB8moFWh-oE

steam_sig.png
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    alate.

I think he has shoveled so much shit at this point you lost 'gems' like pixels and al pachino hocking coffee drinks in that pile of pop culture garbage.

And Ocean's 12 was not good? So I am not sure where you are going with that? Confessions of a dangerous mind would maybe be a better example? Basically everyone but Bernie cameos in that, except the joke is better.
    A woman on the dating game gives up a date with brad pitt or matt damon for guy with basically no personality:

Yeah but the laser scene was cool
    https://youtu.be/mr834Cs9ncs

right?...

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    alate.

right?...

I liked it better on Odd Squad.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    alate.

right?...

I liked it better on Odd Squad.

Or Entrapment.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Laser-dodging is such a weird concept. Has any security system ever used lasers that sweep around randomly?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Laser-dodging is such a weird concept. Has any security system ever used lasers that sweep around randomly?

Probably not, I mean much like everything else hollywood shows us actual security is relatively boring and actual thieves are probably the owners ripping off their employees.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    For it to be a security system to detect movement, you’d have to have a set of mirrors on the other side also moving with the lasers movement. And/or some heavy duty computation going on in real time to prevent false positives. Just having a laser shooting out doesn’t do any good unless you are measuring the return beam and any changes to that return.

Sometimes this feature gets depicted but in a hilarious way where they place mirrors in front of the lasers to “trick” it into not seeing the movement happening. Well, Dick Tracy, putting those mirrors down just tripped the alarm in a real world situation.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Even if you did get crazy and use a moving laser, AKA a 3D lidar system, even the slowest would be able to sweep the whole area many, many times per second. Impossible to avoid by doing a goofy dance around the room.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular

Even if you did get crazy and use a moving laser, AKA a 3D lidar system, even the slowest would be able to sweep the whole area many, many times per second. Impossible to avoid by doing a goofy dance around the room.

Even if it was accompanied by sweet music?

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Somewhere, there’s got to be a rock solid security system with hyper slowed down debug mode triggered by the right song.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    the greatest stealth movie trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_XRqJV2zdk

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    For it to be a security system to detect movement, you’d have to have a set of mirrors on the other side also moving with the lasers movement. And/or some heavy duty computation going on in real time to prevent false positives. Just having a laser shooting out doesn’t do any good unless you are measuring the return beam and any changes to that return.

Sometimes this feature gets depicted but in a hilarious way where they place mirrors in front of the lasers to “trick” it into not seeing the movement happening. Well, Dick Tracy, putting those mirrors down just tripped the alarm in a real world situation.

Mythbusters did a bit about all the Hollywood ways to fool/make visible security lasers.

The only trick that even remotely worked was taking your own laser to blind the sensor so it wouldn't detect the laser getting blocked... though this was also with lasers that were on the visible spectrum, which in the real world are used by literally no laser system on Earth.

steam_sig.png
  • TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/-mTehGK8Ntc

Johnnie To ain't done yet! Granted, this looks like Blind Detective-y To, which isn't my favourite mode of his, but it's good to see him back after rumours of his retirement.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Hollywood is always 100% accurate with how lasers work, in all cases.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_T7kasdwM

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Hollywood is always 100% accurate with how lasers work, in all cases.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_T7kasdwM

what the fuck

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.