As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Au'Ra
    tfw you have enough mats for 100+ scrip collectable crafts

"running a little low, may have to buy more soon"

Donnicton on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    So there was a group of players preforming Midsummer's Nights Dream in game. Sadly I missed it live but it's up on their twitch page

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Stormblood queues seem very quiet compared to ARR and HW. It’s like a 30 minute wait to get into Heaven on High, and 15-20 minutes to get into a dungeon as a Tank.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Are you queuing for 1-20 of HoH? Because the queue for 21-30 is generally 5 minutes or less.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah the only reliable queues for deep dungeons are 51-60 for PotD and 21-30 for HoH

everything else is a total crapshoot

liEt3nH.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Only one away.
    j3xDXHX.jpg

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I am so close to a clear journal I can taste it. Finished the last Hildibrand quests today, and all I've got outstanding from before Shadowbringers is the four parts of Omega: Alphascape, and the upgrade quest for my 60 AF spear, which I'm probably going to abandon at whatever the next step is, because I think the 60 AF spear is kind of ugly to start with and don't care if I make it sparkle also.

With the Trust system, even if I level all these guys back up, they still can't help with the two other 80 dungeons, right? It's just MSQ dungeons?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Miqo'te
    yeah, the trust system is only available on main story dungeons.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited September 2019
    Irregular Tomestones of Mythology are now live. Duty Roulette: Main Scenario time.

(which I did once, and then ran Aurum Vale eight times in a row)

SabreMau on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    remember to turn off the option to join a group that lost a member and needs a new one, because you only get moogle tomestones if you're there in the instance from the start

liEt3nH.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    which is a baffling choice, since campaigns like this are theoretically to help newbies finish content

edited September 2019
    They're finally selling a cloud mount, or would be if Mog Station optional items weren't currently in maintenance and it's $12 and single-character. The Eastern Journey Attire pictured is a separate $18.

It's yellow and not white like the Amazon one was.

SabreMau on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Well, a yellow cloud will let people do their Goku jokes more easily, I suppose.

edited September 2019
    Miqo'te
    remember to turn off the option to join a group that lost a member and needs a new one, because you only get moogle tomestones if you're there in the instance from the start

huh, that's weird, wonder why it wouldn't count when they give you roulette bonuses even if you join late
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Irregular Tomestones of Mythology are now live. Duty Roulette: Main Scenario time.

I, too, would rather run Aurum Vale eight times than run Praetorium twice.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur

huh, that's weird, wonder why it wouldn't count when they give you roulette bonuses even if you join late
    SabreMau wrote: »

I, too, would rather run Aurum Vale eight times than run Praetorium twice.

Frontlines are good for this too, and as long as you go in with yolo mentality and are fine losing...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I wish you could queue for more than one type of thing

Just play load that sucker up with a bunch of shit that gives moogle tomes and see where it takes me

X22wmuF.jpg
    Miqo'te
    you can if you're picking specific duties and not roulettes
    there's an idea, roulette roulettes

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited September 2019
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »

Just play load that sucker up with a bunch of shit that gives moogle tomes and see where it takes me

WoW queueing does this and its convenience really can’t be overstated.

Not only that, when your queue pops for a thing, it doesn’t drop you out of the others. So you can queue for like, a raid and a dungeon at the same time, and if your dungeon pops, your place in line continues to flow for the raid, so if you reach #1 in line during the dungeon, your raid queue will finish immediately after finishing.

Javen on
    Also, WoW can let you queue for multiple roles if available and chooses one for you depending on what they need. That doesn't work as well with FFXIV's locking every job to a single role, but if I have at least one of each qualified to run the duty, it'd be convenient to have.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Praetorium owns hth

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Miqo'te
    if you love bad monologues so much why don't you marry them!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Praetorium owns hth

Praetorium isn't my favorite by any stretch, but I'd rather run it than an equivalent time of Aurum Vales.

steam_sig.png
    Why are you watching the cutscenes just play something else or do chores at that part

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur

This last month while I've been doing my "finish ALL the old quests" wrap-up, and I've had multiple Dungeons, Trials, and Raids to queue for all the time, has been great. Queue time for any one duty may be 40 minutes as DPS, but if I'm up for all of them at once, it usually finds me a group in less than 10 minutes. If I could put myself out for five different Roulettes at once like that, I'd be thrilled!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    Roegadyn
    2nd monitor baby, give me that good good praetorum exp bonus

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    My game plan is to just do MSQ a bunch and play DQ11 during the cutscenes.

See if I can get RDM and the three not-PLD tanks to 70 and clear out my armory chest a bit

X22wmuF.jpg
    Miqo'te
    Zay wrote: »
    Why are you watching the cutscenes just play something else or do chores at that part

I might as well just AFK through the whole instance on purpose at that point because I won't remember to switch back.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn
    If I want the xp then yeah praetorium all the way

Hyur
    My game plan is to just do MSQ a bunch and play DQ11 during the cutscenes.

See if I can get RDM and the three not-PLD tanks to 70 and clear out my armory chest a bit

Yup. Turn based switch games ftw.

Okay I will admit in the one scenario where you’re being Clockwork Orange’d through the cutscenes AV is probably better than Praetorium

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    I got up to the return to Ahm Araeng in the ShB MSQ
    I like that Thancred is letting Minfilia make her own decision and accepting it as her choice to make. Hopefully he doesn't have a change of heart at the last minute like a jerk.

The scene with Ardbert watching the sin eater assault was real fuckin sad! I just want that dude to be happy!

CYpGAPn.png
    Well mostly I was running Aurum Vale eight times because it was on eight different classes and each run through the instance is a full level-up from 47 to 48.

Roegadyn
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I got up to the return to Ahm Araeng in the ShB MSQ
    I like that Thancred is letting Minfilia make her own decision and accepting it as her choice to make. Hopefully he doesn't have a change of heart at the last minute like a jerk.

The scene with Ardbert watching the sin eater assault was real fuckin sad! I just want that dude to be happy!
    Fucking...yeah.

Being an apparition for decades, probably longer, knowing full well that you're not going connect, but pleading to any god that will listen, just this once, be able to actually help

It got me pretty bad.

Ghosts can’t eat

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    I have a Switch, I have Link's Awakening, I can run MSQ roulette all day

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I don’t do MSQ roulette, because if I’m in tbr mood to log in, what I want to do is play the game and fight stuff. If I’m in the game at all, I’m not in the mood to do the MSQ roulette.

Roegadyn
    the thing is I've set the arbitrary goal for myself of capping every class because I like seeing the stories and it feels good when the numbers go up

sometimes I want to just check out but make progress anyway

Hyur
    the thing is I've set the arbitrary goal for myself of capping every class because I like seeing the stories and it feels good when the numbers go up

sometimes I want to just check out but make progress anyway

Yeah. MSQ is for when I want to do something else but also get xp. Though after I get RDM 70 its probably a melee dps to 80... and I still cant decide which (put up nin changes already SE, I want to know if I can use my anima)

This discussion has been closed.