As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

akjakakjak TheraSpooky GymRegistered User regular
edited March 2022 in Games and Technology
108269.jpg

Welcome to the 21st Borderlands thread!

There is a new Borderlands game! You can play it now on most things!

Here are some useful links shamelessly stolen from reddit:

Goes without saying that these resources are full of location + legendary loot spoilers, so be wary of that.

Mapgenie.io's full interactive galaxy/planet map
This helped me the most for finding that one red chest I missed on each map. It's basically what the title says; it has every single area on every single planet with all of the collectibles, crew rewards, and other hidden extras the game has. It's the best GPS I've found for the game so far. Extremely well made and full props go towards the creators of mapgenie.io.

Full Legendary + Unique Spreadsheet (with updated drop sources)
This is helpful for learning what specific boss I should farm if I want a specific piece of gear. It's worth noting that a lot of the legendaries this time around are world drops, going back to borderlands 1's style of loot drops. Still, very good for finding out what the legendary upgrade is to your favourite purple gun.

Full credit goes to u/Tonydml. Very well organised and updated.

Guardian Rank Perk Warning
Hollow point was listed here due to the friendly fire, but the most recent hotfix has disabled this temporarily as a fix until the next patch.

Shield Reboot (Second last perk in Survivor tree): This perk regens your shields automatically whenever you get a kill. Sounds great, until you realize that roid shields and any shield that provides a bonus when empty are delayed by this. Melee amara becomes very difficult to chain kills with when the roid shield regens after any kill and negates your melee damage boost.

Mayhem tips
Whenever you load into the game from the main menu, the game selects a random set of modifiers for each map in the game. As long as you do not save/quit to menu, those modifier sets will remain the same on their respective maps.

Save/quitting to menu can be abused to shuffle the modifiers in your favour, increasing either your elemental damage, gun damage, and removing bullet deflection. (You can check the modifiers you have on your map screen)

Playing offline/without hotfixes gives you 900% xp for guardian ranks at Mayhem 3 and will provide you the pre-hotfix loot drops and the guaranteed loot midget spawn on Eden-6.

Weapon DPS Calculator
This is a program made by u/internprimas that takes the statistics on a certain gun and calculates the optimal DPS the weapon has. It doesn't interfere with the game at all, and is just used within your browser. I'm unfamiliar with github modding, but the program can potentially be modified to include more statistics if other creators want to try messing with it. For the general public though it's good for non-unique DPS calculating.

I hope you've enjoyed my slap-dash thread, and may Moxxi's slot machines always pay out in legendary.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
Twitch: akThera
Steam: Thera
Sterica on

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Thanks akjak.

EDIT: Has anyone tried shooting the Torgue cereal box?
    GUITAR!

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Ok, so I have a gun with mag of 1, that just shoots forever with no reload and no ammo use. (Infinity pistol)

Moze has a class skill that says "Deals more damage as magazine empties"

Moze also has a class mod that says "Deal more damage the longer you have gone since reloading"

Do these three things combine to be as silly as I think they do?

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Someone posted how to manipulate internet connectivity to multiply golden keys and I lost it, could someone repost?

I wasn't going to do it, but just read that the Twitter codes at only good for three hours or some horseshit and I'm not going back to Twitter for this.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Ok, so I have a gun with mag of 1, that just shoots forever with no reload and no ammo use. (Infinity pistol)

Moze also has a class mod that says "Deal more damage the longer you have gone since reloading"

I think since the magazine is always full the first one might not work, the second though...

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of the exceptionally short duration keys. Especially when they post them during the day while I'm at work.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Zero gave me a 2-shot Lyuda for completing his targets.

That’ll do.

(It melts)

Sirialis on
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Someone posted how to manipulate internet connectivity to multiply golden keys and I lost it, could someone repost?

I wasn't going to do it, but just read that the Twitter codes at only good for three hours or some horseshit and I'm not going back to Twitter for this.

When you have a key in your mail, go offline (disable eth adapter, pull the eth cord, w/e). Stay offline as you redeem the key. Quit to menu (NOT desktop), load back in, redeem key from mail again. Repeat.

When you're done cheesing keys, quit to menu before going back online.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

No sadly because its magazine is never empty. The reload one may work though

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    edited September 2019
    darkmayo wrote: »

I think since the magazine is always full the first one might not work, the second though...

The perk says "The less ammo there is remaining, the higher the damage" So... Since it's just always at 1? I dunno.

If only there were some sort of... Dummy? I could target and shoot at? To see the damage? Nah... That's a crazy idea.

akjak on
    darkmayo wrote: »

The perk says "The less ammo there is remaining, the higher the damage" So... Since it's just always at 1? I dunno.

If only there were some sort of... Dummy? I could target and shoot at? To see the damage? Nah... That's a crazy idea.

Its based on how many bullets the mag holds. The infinity mag is 1.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

When you have a key in your mail, go offline (disable eth adapter, pull the eth cord, w/e). Stay offline as you redeem the key. Quit to menu (NOT desktop), load back in, redeem key from mail again. Repeat.

Damn so I need them in the mail not the inventory?

Okay will have to wait for some more codes.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    So I already have one friend who has purchased the game and is now saying they want to return it because the co-op split screen is borderline unplayable. Sigh.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    How do you “play offline”?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

Depends on platform. The consoles can go into offline mode via menu options and PC...well you disable your ethernet card or otherwise fuck up the internet stuff.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Spaffy wrote: »

The easiest way is to turn off your router

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I am not quite finished with the game but pretty close and I did not see that twist coming. I mean before you get to the planet it happens on. Also once I finish the gameb is there any reason not to go straight into TVHM? I know about mayhem mode but it seems like you get better drops in true vault vs normal assuming mayhem mode for both. Or is the PS4 version still not letting you go into mayhem mode in tvhm until after you beat the game again?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    edited September 2019
    TVHM is best left for being level 50 since you get another chance at unique quest rewards

King Riptor on
    furlion wrote: »
    I am not quite finished with the game but pretty close and I did not see that twist coming. I mean before you get to the planet it happens on. Also once I finish the gameb is there any reason not to go straight into TVHM? I know about mayhem mode but it seems like you get better drops in true vault vs normal assuming mayhem mode for both. Or is the PS4 version still not letting you go into mayhem mode in tvhm until after you beat the game again?

So there is a fair amount of stuff to find/do after the main story it appears. Might be one reason to avoid doing TVHM right away. Also I'm hearing hit or miss on the PS4 mayhem thing in TVHM.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I believe on the consoles mayhem is still locked behind finishing the story again.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Damn so I need them in the mail not the inventory?

Okay will have to wait for some more codes.

Every time I get ammo in a vault chest I dupe another key. I do not feel bad about this.

Question: Does Mayhem level affect the drops from the golden chest, slot machines, etc?

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    From what I've read, TVHM adds some difficulty to enemies and causes more stuff like badasses and anointed to appear. I ran into my first anointed 15 minutes into the TVHM playthrough. Buuuuuut it disables Mayhem mode, as that's only unlocked when you beat the game. So you will get less loot and xp compared to running Normal Mayhem 3.

Right now I'm working on trials and 100%ing zones in Normal at Mayhem 3. Once all that is done, I should be at 75 in each guardian rank category and will do a TVHM playthrough focused on speed running the story.

P.S. When you unlock TVHM, the game tells you that you can get new levels and better quality loot. Neither are true. The drops in TVHM are the same as drops in Normal, you just get more of them due to more badasses/anointed/etc. And no new levels are unlocked, 50 is still the cap.

I feel like their endgame and QC suffered by a rushed launch. This game could have used 2-3 more months of testing and polish.

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    so @Sirialis posted at the tail end of the previous thread....
    "I’m using a Hex grenade mod, its basically a homing grenade that flies around and acts like a tesla coil, dealing continous shock damage and is a nice shield stripper... I just got a Recurring Hex variant from my friend - that spawns 2 grenades and both can MIRV into 3, so 6 grenades per throw now...

Now to figure out how I can use both my class mod that converts health into shield and Vampyr, an ability that will let grenades heal health so I’ll be unkillable for Hex’s duration without sacrificing my damage build."
    thats the build I am running right now, it is heavily gear dependent but once you get it all you become all but unkillable*.
    Essential.
    Artifact - Deathless, drops you to 1hp but doubles your shield size
    Class Mod - Bloodletter, if you would heal HP you heal shield instead
    Grenade that has an ongoing "tick" effect, Hex is perfect but Stormfront or something similar works too.

Nice to have.
    Shield - Transformer, Shock damage no longer hurts you and instead refills your shield.

for skills you need anything that boosts shields or healing (heals become shield)
    Blue Tree
    Vampyr heals your shield because of the class mod.
    Pull the Holy Pin because who does not wan't grenades that crit?
    Means of Destruction, every Hex tick of damage has a chance to return a grenade to you. but the time your grenade expires it should have replaced itself so you never run out of them.

Orange Tree
    Thin Red Line works based on your base health not your modified so with 3 ranks gives a big boost to your shield size.
    Desperate Measures same as Thin Red Line, except for gun damage
    Phalanx Doctrine woo! more shield size and gun damage when you kill things.
    every combat I run in and throw a bunch of grenades. the grenades are effectively infinite and so is my shield while they are active.
    combine with a Flakker and everything is exploding all the time

*rarely some attack will bypass your shields and you will go straight to FFYL but your grenades should already be out and killing so you stand straight back up.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    OK. The anointed ... i can't remember name, but it's the one that randomly turns invincible for like thirty seconds at a time and shits fire all over the place ... is fucking terrible. Why is it invincible, what controls that (it seems to be proximity related, but I'm not sure because my skag likes to sit on them), why are there two of them???

edited September 2019
    They gave them a front-facing invincible shield.

You can circumvent it with angled shots from an Atlas gun or Torgue stickies.

Splash damage from other guns and grenades might sldo do the trick.

EDIT: I meant the dude at the end of Clay's quest. Not sure if it applies to the others.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    there's the shield, but i think they're also globally invincible when they're shitting fire? like my skag can't hit them either.

edit: no, not the goliath. Him i can deal with. Its the other ones that pop up periodically in TVHM.

VishNub on
    VishNub wrote: »
    there's the shield, but i think they're also globally invincible when they're shitting fire? like my skag can't hit them either.

edit: no, not the goliath. Him i can deal with. Its the other ones that pop up periodically in TVHM.

Yeah I know the ones you're talking about, and I have no idea when they go all immune like that on my amara I just run.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Respeccing costs 7.000.000.

Why cant it just be a flat price...?

edited September 2019
    Preacher wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »

Yeah I know the ones you're talking about, and I have no idea when they go all immune like that on my amara I just run.

So they are like the witchdoctors in Hammerlock's dlc in BL2?

I still remember those guys and only played it once.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

Sirialis wrote: »

Because they want you to experiment with builds until they dont

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think my game is just borked. I've been farming Mayhem 3 for like 2 days straight and I have still yet to see a single item drop that is higher than 560, and no Legendary about 530 (All my current guns are 580+ and were obtained thru matchmaking into someone else's game). Do the iLvl drops scale to my Guardian level or something, and I just got lucky with loot drops in somebody else's game?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    edited September 2019
    Viking wrote: »
    "I’m using a Hex grenade mod, its basically a homing grenade that flies around and acts like a tesla coil, dealing continous shock damage and is a nice shield stripper... I just got a Recurring Hex variant from my friend - that spawns 2 grenades and both can MIRV into 3, so 6 grenades per throw now...

Now to figure out how I can use both my class mod that converts health into shield and Vampyr, an ability that will let grenades heal health so I’ll be unkillable for Hex’s duration without sacrificing my damage build."
    thats the build I am running right now, it is heavily gear dependent but once you get it all you become all but unkillable*.
    Essential.
    Grenade that has an ongoing "tick" effect, Hex is perfect but Stormfront or something similar works too.

Nice to have.
    Shield - Transformer, Shock damage no longer hurts you and instead refills your shield.

for skills you need anything that boosts shields or healing (heals become shield)
    Blue Tree
    Means of Destruction, every Hex tick of damage has a chance to return a grenade to you. but the time your grenade expires it should have replaced itself so you never run out of them.

Orange Tree
    Thin Red Line works based on your base health not your modified so with 3 ranks gives a big boost to your shield size.
    every combat I run in and throw a bunch of grenades. the grenades are effectively infinite and so is my shield while they are active.

*rarely some attack will bypass your shields and you will go straight to FFYL but your grenades should already be out and killing so you stand straight back up.

I’m running much of the same, except not having Vampyr and filling out most of the green tree instead, its absurd how much damage you can put out with 45% extra magazine size, 15% firerate, every 4th shot not draining ammo and continously regenerating magazines and faster regen mag on crits. I have 0 points in the blue tree but 5/3 desperate measures (class mod can overclock) gives me 83% damage bonus with Deathless low hp.

I just got Guardian rank Shield Reboot that makes me regen shield whenever someone dies, I guess that will be my heals for now.

I was hoping to roll Vampyr on the transversion health/shield type class mod but doesnt seem like its possible.

Hex seems able to crit without “Pull the Holy Pin” for some reason.

Sirialis on
    Viking wrote: »

Essential.

Nice to have.

Blue Tree

Orange Tree

I am doing a similar thing. With anointed perks that make my next two "mags" have bonuses. With Infinity it's very funny. Never stop shooting, never stop tossing.

Now if only I could find a Bloodletter higher than level 29.

It costs 10% of your current cash. So either do it last after buying the things that can be bought or store your excess cash in a mule. I gotta imagine at the point you're at money has to be nearly useless unless the deep end game has some enormous cash sink I haven't seen yet.

It costs 10% of your current cash. So either do it last after buying the things that can be bought or store your excess cash in a mule. I gotta imagine at the point you're at money has to be nearly useless unless the deep end game has some enormous cash sink I haven't seen yet.

Slot machine gambling. Moxxie needs to buy a new space station!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2019
    I have 63 million but respeccing being 10% with no top cap is bloody stupid, I wanted to test if some perks are actually working, since Gearbox doesnt know what a stat page is but I’m not paying 21 million for it.

I’m sick of slot machines too, I’m drowning in legendaries, eridium and cash, slot machines arent that helpful then.

Sirialis on
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Just beat Katagawa Ball, I don't know if it got nerfed but i didn't really have any issues with the fight. I did have some horrendous hitching in the room leading up to the fight. Might have been my Xbox though, it persisted into sanctuary and the game had been been backgrounded.

Still haven't seen a legendary drop though

Killing a boss again is probably your best shot at legendaries dropping.

If you log out and back in, you can kill them again.

They have to fix Troys pattern spam.
    He will just spam energy orbs and not stand still for like a minute and then repat that. My last fight he went into immunity like 7 times and I hadnt done even a segment of health yet

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Zero gave me a 2-shot Lyuda for completing his targets.

That’ll do.

(It melts)

I'm guessing BL3 doesn't have an easy Lyuda farm like BL2. Because if it does I need to know.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I have 63 million but respeccing being 10% with no top cap is bloody stupid, I wanted to test if some perks are actually working, since Gearbox doesnt know what a stat page is but I’m not paying 21 million for it.

I’m sick of slot machines too, I’m drowning in legendaries, eridium and cash, slot machines arent that helpful then.

The sentiments in this post are slightly confusing to me.
    On the one hand, you express frustration with a seemingly poor design decision.
    On the other hand, you mention the lack of meaningful resource-sinks.

I agree that the ""economy"" in the game is silly, but if you have effectively infinite cash why is respeccing a hardship at any price?