As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Catching up on Supergirl in the tradition of background Netflix, later season 4 spoilers:
    I really like the payoff for the Agent Liberty storyline, vis a vis how he's basically a Ben Shapiro stand in. He is-

1.) Funded by a cynical billionaire who doesn't give a shit about his cause except to further his own goals

2.) He is also literally a stupid persons idea of what a smart person sounds like - It's not Lex or Eve who picks him to be elevated, it's fucking Otis.

Just really enjoyed the payoff on that so far.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So a LOT of old actors are returning for the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover.
    WB is going all out for their upcoming Arrowverse Crisis On Infinite Earths event as Tom Welling and Linda Carter are in talks to return.

A source at Comic-Con has filled me in on details regarding the crossover, which I'll say is bigger than anyone thought.

Tom Welling, of course, is known for Smallville and will reprise his character, with Lynda Carter having played the '70s Wonder Woman. Carter actually appeared in episodes of Supergirl, but she will be back as Wonder Woman.

Comic-Con also saw it announced that Brandon Routh will suit up as the Kingdom Come Superman side by side the Tyler Hoechlin Man of Steel.

Burt Ward, the '66 Robin from the Batman series, was also announced at Comic-Con to be appearing in Crisis on Infinite Earths, which is a comic book story that involves multiple Earths and universes, something the Arrowverse has already touched upon but is expanding for the Crisis event series.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Crisis on Infinite Earths is set to become even more bananas.
    It was just confirmed that Black Lightning characters will get involved, as well as an old Bruce Wayne played by the best Bruce Wayne, Kevin Conroy.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Crisis on Infinite Earths is set to become even more bananas.
    It was just confirmed that Black Lightning characters will get involved, as well as an old Bruce Wayne played by the best Bruce Wayne, Kevin Conroy.

WHAT THE FUCK

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I leave you kids alone for... many seasons, and you go all crazy!

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    How many episodes is Crisis supposed to take up? At this point it feels like we are going to have a lot of background characters which is cool and disappointing on the same breath.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    How many episodes is Crisis supposed to take up? At this point it feels like we are going to have a lot of background characters which is cool and disappointing on the same breath.

It's five episodes, with three in December and two in January.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Gnizmo wrote: »

It's five episodes, with three in December and two in January.

Spanning two decades.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    What's honestly super cool is that he's actually playing Smallville's Clark Kent. Hopefully they can get Erica Durance, I always like her as Lois.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    What's honestly super cool is that he's actually playing Smallville's Clark Kent. Hopefully they can get Erica Durance, I always like her as Lois.

She's already on Supergirl as Kara's mum

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    I don't think that means much in this crossover. Especially since Routh is playing both the Atom and Kingdom Come Superman.

I really hope this means Welling, Durance, and Rosenbaum make an appearance.

Also Hartley. I need to see him and Amell together just once before he hangs up his quiver. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Good point, I'd forgotten about double dipping on Routh

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I don't think that means much in this crossover. Especially since Routh is playing both the Atom and Kingdom Come Superman.

I really hope this means Welling, Durance, and Rosenbaum make an appearance.

Also Hartley. I need to see him and Amell together just once before he hangs up his quiver. :(
    Man, back in the day I totally wanted a flashback episode with Hartley and Allison playing a young Robert and Moira. That would have been great.

Ah well.

sig.gif
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/erica-durance-reprise-smallville-lois-lane-role-arrowverse-crossover-the-cw-1202739723/

And Bam! We have Durance, one of the best Lois Lanes also making her return during Crisis. :D

There is no way we don't get Rosenbaum back now.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    There is no way we don't get Rosenbaum back now.
    Nope:

With such elaborate plans, I can't really blame him.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Even though I know what he said I'm still going to hold out hope that he changes his mind.

😢

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    He was a much better Superman than the movie he was in deserved.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Oh boy, I can't wait to get to the episode where
    she's murdered in cold blood by David Cain to prove that Batman is a dumb fuck to ignore his family when he needs them the most.

Or Batwoman in this case, I guess.

sig.gif
    Superman & Lois Series in Development at The CW, Starring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch

https://tvline.com/2019/10/28/superman-lois-lane-series-in-development-the-cw/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    So at some point the CW is just going to be the Arrowverse channel, huh?

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    So at some point the CW is just going to be the Arrowverse channel, huh?

Improvement

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    Ugh.

sig.gif
    Yaaaaaaay! I am so ready for a new Supes show. It's been too long!

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Yaaaaaaay! I am so ready for a new Supes show. It's been too long!

I liked their interactions on the show. I hope they can continue the chemistry on a weekly basis.
    And they name the kid Jon and that they age him up to 12 quickly and that the show morphs into Jon and Batman's son Damien's wacky hi-jinks every week.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Crisis is coming! ....as you will have been constantly reminded, even moreso on Flash than on Arrow, whose main plot is much more directly related!
    Honestly I'm excited for Crisis, but it feels a bit like Infinity War. They've been hyping it so much that, like, once this is over, I may just take a step back from the whole thing for a while. If Supergirl doesn't get dramatically better on the back half, we'll probably drop it. Batwoman is a little rough but I always assume the first season of a show will be a little rough. Arrow is killing it! And Flash is ... fine? Like, it's a little heavy on the angst right now but I feel like they always do that in the first half of the season. I dunno but hopefully Legends will continue to be amazing (although I'm sure we're going to see another cast rotation soon).

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I haven't been watching Flash for the past couple years, and Arrow only when it comes out on Netflix (though I'm a season behind now I think), though I'll watch their Crisis episodes. Black Lightning this season is interesting, but extremely perplexing (like, is Freeland even in the United States? How are they threatened militarily by Russians?). Supergirl's heart is in the right place as always, and they have some extremely affecting moments, but the plot runs on pure stupidity.

Batwoman reminds me of 1st season Arrow, where the protagonist wasn't meant to be heroic, really. She's attending to her own agenda, this time while leeching off of a different hero's mythos instead of creating a new one like Ollie did. Every time she lets a bad guy escape, I tell myself that she's not actually that interested in doing the right thing; she's just crossing things off a list.

edited December 2019
    Yeah, Supergirl is running purely on the backs of the actors, because the plots this season so far have been pretty bad.

Arrow has been a delight; and this is coming from someone that only tuned in because it's their final season, and a shortened one at that. S8 is absolutely just a farewell tour with anyone that has ever made a appearance plus some Crisis build-up. It's working really well, though.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLAd-G42w8&feature=emb_title

KEVIN CONROOOOOOOOY

I'm quite liking this season of Arrow, and enjoying Flash although the bad guy seems a little weird. All the crisis buildup is great.

That is my Clark Kent. :heartbeat:

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Whelp, I guess it's time for me to start watching Black Lightning. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Whelp, I guess it's time for me to start watching Black Lightning. :)

The first season especially is one of the better things Berlanti has done.

I know hating on Flash is the more popular thing to do, but in my opinion, I quite enjoyed last season. Cicada was horrible as a villain but the season had a ton of great stuff that wasn't Cicada centric. I also enjoyed seeing Alicia from Smallville show up on Cicada's adult daughter. Also, Nora was quite aces and I am sad she is gone.

With that said: I have a digital code for season 5 of Flash to give away to someone. If you want it, just post your favorite part or scene of last season, and I'll choose a winner by the end of the day.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    First Ep of Crisis is out (Supergirl) and it was good imo! A lot of setup, felt a little rushed in places, but I am excited to see what comes next. Also very shocked at
    killing Ollie so quickly. That can't be it, right? Gotta have some shenanigans in there where those injuries aren't from that fight on the tower but from something else, right?

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    First Ep of Crisis is out (Supergirl) and it was good imo! A lot of setup, felt a little rushed in places, but I am excited to see what comes next. Also very shocked at
    killing Ollie so quickly. That can't be it, right? Gotta have some shenanigans in there where those injuries aren't from that fight on the tower but from something else, right?

I agree and about that last bit
    According to the show runner/EP he said that going into the Fall 2019 season they have kind of written themselves into a corner with Oliver and to help elevate the tension and surprise they decided to take him out early instead of at the 5th hour.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.