As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    So I already have one friend who has purchased the game and is now saying they want to return it because the co-op split screen is borderline unplayable. Sigh.

I'm on an Xbox One X and it isn't terrible but the system is totally terrible. If I start a game and my friend jumps on with a different controller I have found no way to switch to her game without exiting the game altogether and having her sign into her profile on my Xbox and start a new game. Maybe we are both dumb but so far I can see no way to swap party leader and reload new party leader game state in game. I suppose this is just the nature of the console but my recollection was that split coop in BL2 was pretty seamless.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I have 63 million but respeccing being 10% with no top cap is bloody stupid, I wanted to test if some perks are actually working, since Gearbox doesnt know what a stat page is but I’m not paying 21 million for it.

I’m sick of slot machines too, I’m drowning in legendaries, eridium and cash, slot machines arent that helpful then.

The sentiments in this post are slightly confusing to me.
    On the one hand, you express frustration with a seemingly poor design decision.
    On the other hand, you mention the lack of meaningful resource-sinks.

I agree that the ""economy"" in the game is silly, but if you have effectively infinite cash why is respeccing a hardship at any price?

21 million isnt exactly chump pocket change, a roll on the slot machine is like 25.000, thats leagues away from 21 million just to check if more stuff is broken.

Sirialis on
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    So I already have one friend who has purchased the game and is now saying they want to return it because the co-op split screen is borderline unplayable. Sigh.

I'm on an Xbox One X and it isn't terrible but the system is totally terrible. If I start a game and my friend jumps on with a different controller I have found no way to switch to her game without exiting the game altogether and having her sign into her profile on my Xbox and start a new game. Maybe we are both dumb but so far I can see no way to swap party leader and reload new party leader game state in game. I suppose this is just the nature of the console but my recollection was that split coop in BL2 was pretty seamless.

They’re playing Xbox One on 55” TV and said they had to straight up stop playing because they couldn’t read most of the text on the screen

edited October 2019
    The 3 best guns I'm using are Crossroad, The Butcher and Lyuda (2-shot).

Havent really found anything that can compare to those 3, maybe the Flakker? I havent used mine much yet.

Sirialis on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Zero gave me a 2-shot Lyuda for completing his targets.

That’ll do.

(It melts)

I'm guessing BL3 doesn't have an easy Lyuda farm like BL2. Because if it does I need to know.

It's a world drop. Zero is the only set way to get one but you can't farm the email for parts or a prefix

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Respeccing costs 7.000.000.

Why cant it just be a flat price...?

It costs 10% of your current cash. So either do it last after buying the things that can be bought or store your excess cash in a mule. I gotta imagine at the point you're at money has to be nearly useless unless the deep end game has some enormous cash sink I haven't seen yet.

Slot machine gambling. Moxxie needs to buy a new space station!

They're only 30k a pull. I do not have that kind of time!
    I have 63 million but respeccing being 10% with no top cap is bloody stupid, I wanted to test if some perks are actually working, since Gearbox doesnt know what a stat page is but I’m not paying 21 million for it.

I’m sick of slot machines too, I’m drowning in legendaries, eridium and cash, slot machines arent that helpful then.

I just raised like 12 million in about an hour while I leveled up to 50. Another 6 to round out the orange SDU's and it becomes a meaningless counter that has little to no actual use. They can have 10% of my vanity number as often as they'd like.

I wonder how many times you can respec in a row before going broke. I suppose it depends on how they handle rounding.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • AbbalahAbbalah Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

The sentiments in this post are slightly confusing to me.
    On the one hand, you express frustration with a seemingly poor design decision.
    On the other hand, you mention the lack of meaningful resource-sinks.

I agree that the ""economy"" in the game is silly, but if you have effectively infinite cash why is respeccing a hardship at any price?

21 million isnt exactly chump pocket change, a roll on the slot machine is like 25.000, thats leagues away from 21 million just to check if more stuff is broken.

Right but you just said you're sick of the slot machines and don't care about them.

If money is only for buying SDUs and vending machines and gambling, and you've bought all the SDUs and outgeared the vending machines and don't care about gambling any more, why does it matter how much respeccing costs? The money isn't FOR anything anymore.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

They’re playing Xbox One on 55” TV and said they had to straight up stop playing because they couldn’t read most of the text on the screen

The menus have a fair amount of UI customization available in them for a console game. I know I just say you can adjust how big the subtitles are if you want, which is a crazy level of detail for that stuff.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    updated my game.
    Porcelain Pipe Bomb is still exploding into a bunch of extra grenades?
    Is the game just not recalculating how it works unless I re-equip it?
    It did seem to be doing less damage.. but that might just be because I gained a level or two and the boss got more health.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

It isn't great but I'm on a Sony X930E 55" 4K Ultra HD and it isn't more terrible than I expected (which admittedly is not great). I'm honestly more annoyed by the bad writing. It makes me sad that we are always looking back. Why can't the new stuff be better than the old? That's my beef. Although I get the other beefs and performance is the biggest of the beefs. So yeah, Gearbox, step the fuck up.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Well just beat the game . Turns out that an on level torgue shotgun destroys the last boss instantly

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Well just beat the game . Turns out that an on level torgue shotgun destroys the last boss instantly

EXPLOSIONS?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I too beat the game tonight and am, as usually, a bit let down by the final boss. The only real borderlands final boss worth mentioning is Tales' last boss which was a lot of fun. It was a very pretty fight though with lots of lights and special effects though. Plus no one mentioned that the final secret chest would contain nothing but legendaries. I finished at level 43 so now I am going to go back and get all the location trophies real quick, probably with mayhem cut off. After that I don't really see any point in starting TVHM since I will need to be 50 to get the side mission rewards worth keeping. Mayhem 1 felt good so I might try and multiplayer through the various horde modes with that on. See what happens.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Zero gave me a 2-shot Lyuda for completing his targets.

That’ll do.

(It melts)

I'm guessing BL3 doesn't have an easy Lyuda farm like BL2. Because if it does I need to know.

Do all of Zer0’s “targets of opportunity.”

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Do side quests on normal auto level once you beat the game or is that only after you beat tvhm?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Do side quests on normal auto level once you beat the game or is that only after you beat tvhm?

beat the game

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I logged in and all the items in my bank have vanished. It was full of leveling gear and legendaries.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    I logged in and all the items in my bank have vanished. It was full of leveling gear and legendaries.

I am very sad this bug hit me, as I had a plan to quickly run Zane through as my 2nd.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I have found the most efficient way to farm! Basically do Graveward Normal x 100 then check the Eridium machine every 20 minutes for a 620 assault rifle. Yay!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Ugh, that sucks, Heffling. :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2

That's single player too. The text and icons are way to small

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    not sure that farming bosses is really essential to get stuff - i have found just wandering around shooting random stuff i see will often net 2-3 legendaries for a pack of bandits with a few badasses in, seems fairly non-stingy

obF2Wuw.png
    edited October 2019
    Badasses dont seem to give jack shit on normal mode most of the time, bosses seem to be your best bet there.

Mayhem mode is a different story but still much more reliable to get drops from bosses even there.

On Mayhem 3 Gravewarden can drop from 0-5 legendaries per kill from what I’ve seen.

Sirialis on
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Carpy wrote: »
    Just beat Katagawa Ball, I don't know if it got nerfed but i didn't really have any issues with the fight. I did have some horrendous hitching in the room leading up to the fight. Might have been my Xbox though, it persisted into sanctuary and the game had been been backgrounded.

Still haven't seen a legendary drop though

My issue with the Ball is that I hadn't been doing any of the side quests and was under leveled when I got there without good weapons for armor. After that fight on easy I turned it back to normal and then went back and did all the side quests I had skipped before proceeding on with the main quest line and I've been fine ever since even though I've not been doing many of the side quests.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    not sure that farming bosses is really essential to get stuff - i have found just wandering around shooting random stuff i see will often net 2-3 legendaries for a pack of bandits with a few badasses in, seems fairly non-stingy

What ilvl is that stuff?

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular

Beautiful mess of a bastard. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I really like Mouthpiece's extra quest.
    "I sound just like the previous Mouthpiece."

Hahaha.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    TTODewback wrote: »

Oh pain and terror arent too bad I can nab some easy class mods even nerfed.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I would say Katagawa is easier and easier to get to, but that's your call.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

I would say Katagawa is easier and easier to get to, but that's your call.

Just did an offline test and yeah actually theyre annoying as hell

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I ran into Princess Tarantella II last night.
    She dropped The Hive.
    And Storm Front.

That was fun.
    I'm hanging onto the Hive because it served me well when I wanted to go farm the Dragons solo as Zer0.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the matchmaking put other people into your have instead of joining others? I am trying to do the side missions for proving grounds and circle but every time I select campaign it puts me into other people's groups. People who think mayhem 3 is the only way to complete these things even if each wave takes 20 or 30 minutes. I have multiplayer set to public so should I just start and wait to see if people show up?

Also I went ahead and completed the hunts, targets, writing, and location trophies. Except the writing trophy didn't pop and I am at 34/30. Anyone else have that happen and managed to fix it?

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is Maya/Ava's SMG the only guaranteed plot legendary?

VishNub wrote: »
    Is Maya/Ava's SMG the only guaranteed plot legendary?

No I got a bunch from the story.

furlion wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a way to have the matchmaking put other people into your have instead of joining others? I am trying to do the side missions for proving grounds and circle but every time I select campaign it puts me into other people's groups. People who think mayhem 3 is the only way to complete these things even if each wave takes 20 or 30 minutes. I have multiplayer set to public so should I just start and wait to see if people show up?

Also I went ahead and completed the hunts, targets, writing, and location trophies. Except the writing trophy didn't pop and I am at 34/30. Anyone else have that happen and managed to fix it?

I’ve had my game set to Open to public for 80+ hours and have never seen someone drop in.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

What ilvl is that stuff?

who knows dont check

im on mayhem 3 and mostly facerolling so whatever it is its high enough

obF2Wuw.png
    The annoying thing about katagawa is theres no vendor by Rhys so you have to warp back to them then walk back every time .

Killed him 4 times. Dropped an orange each time but no mods even at lower rarity

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The annoying thing about katagawa is theres no vendor by Rhys so you have to warp back to them then walk back every time .

Killed him 4 times. Dropped an orange each time but no mods even at lower rarity

Eh, I just don't bother picking up blues or purples. Captain Traunt doesn't have a vendor by him either, and I usually can do about a dozen runs before my backpack starts to suffer.

Edit: Yo, anyone online right now and wants to farm together? I've got about an hour atm, but more time later.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera