As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I'm still picking up anything worth ~$1,000+, SDU's are mighty expensive first playthrough.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    C
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I'm still picking up anything worth ~$1,000+, SDU's are mighty expensive first playthrough.

Im happy to lend anyone on Live a mayhem boss kill or two. after about three on competitive my other characters had about 2 million plus I wasnt even selling loot( which you can have). Just DM me most Monday's and we can set it up

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I will say this, even after the nerf, and even though it takes forever, mayhem 3 does still drop legendaries pretty often. RNG gonna RNG but even my limited play had 4 drop.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So started zane and he is fun so far even if I can already tell he won’t have the dmg output moze had. Much more of a personality though , Moze felt super blah character wise.

Will be taking it slow and doing everything this run , I got impatient and just rushed the end with moze as post level 30 everything feels like filler.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    C
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Im happy to lend anyone on Live a mayhem boss kill or two. after about three on competitive my other characters had about 2 million plus I wasnt even selling loot( which you can have). Just DM me most Monday's and we can set it up

Thanks for the offer. Probably stick to playing with my brother, but I'll keep it in mind.

Xeddicus on
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    So started zane and he is fun so far even if I can already tell he won’t have the dmg output moze had. Much more of a personality though , Moze felt super blah character wise.

Will be taking it slow and doing everything this run , I got impatient and just rushed the end with moze as post level 30 everything feels like filler.

Moze is the Fighter. Zane is the Bard.

He has really funny lines.

I lack experience with the other VHs but I would venture to say that Zane's early skills are meh. Takes a while to get him going.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like Amara's personality. And not just because she has immortman joe lines.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Just started getting Torgue grenade launchers (a type if shotgun). Moze likey

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

I really, really don't like the main villains or the beyond horrible kiddie Siren (who wrote that shit, it boggles my mind) who I just shoot in the face every time I see her but she refuses to die. I'm thinking this is a bit like how the early Christians envisioned Hell. That said, there's a lot of good stuff here as well and I suppose I should do a slow walkthrough at some point and it's good to know Zane has some personality.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Zane has the best custom head of any of the characters

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The Mythic head for Zane is *really* good.

Also, I'm a bit...neutral on Ava. I feel like they were going to do more with her that got cut for time, and so all we got are the big moments
    where all her friends are getting murdered and so she's having a real bad time.

She reminds me a bit of Tina, except Tina actually got the screen time to show how she's been through a lot but is still awesome.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    The Mythic head for Zane is *really* good.

Also, I'm a bit...neutral on Ava. I feel like they were going to do more with her that got cut for time, and so all we got are the big moments
    where all her friends are getting murdered and so she's having a real bad time.

She reminds me a bit of Tina, except Tina actually got the screen time to show how she's been through a lot but is still awesome.

Screen time I think is a factor with the problem players have with Ava in that she got a bit too much of it in the end.
    Her actions and reactions when it came to Maya's death ended up souring players to her character and Gearbox made the mistake of pushing her forward like they did. Seeing that she's Maya's apprentice, she kinda had to but they could have saved her getting Maya's powers until after both twins bit it. Tyreen could have gotten her hands on them first when she absorbed Troy, then both Ava and Lilith could have gotten Siren powers at the same time at the end. Not helped by the fact that Lilith a) tells her that she was right about not doing enough and b) gives her Sanctuary. By that point I was starting to get 'creator's pet' vibes from Ava which is not a good thing. One could say the same with Tina seeing who's voicing her and who came up with her originally but she was never at the center of the BL2 plot like the BL1 Vault Hunters.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I didn't mind Ava, but I'm a "lets move forward with new characters" type of guy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Regarding Ava,
    They definitely set up a (fairly cliched) "she wasn't ready for to go adventuring and her mentor died because of it and she feels guilty about it and grows as a person" kinda deal, but they never really get to the "she feels guilty and learns from her mistakes" part. Same kinda thing happens with the Troy and Tyreen feud that's the background of Eden-6 - it feels like it's supposed to lead somewhere but then just gets dropped.

There are a LOT of storylines that were clearly meant to go somewhere in this game but didn't. Ava is by no means special in that regard

edited October 2019
    There are a LOT of storylines that were clearly meant to go somewhere in this game but didn't. Ava is by no means special in that regard

The problem is that Ava’s by virtue of being a protagonist, makes it worse as her arc affects fan favorite characters. As opposed to the antagonists who we all know we are going to fight at the end so even if you hate them there is a catharsis by means of murder.

EspantaPajaro on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Ava didn't rub me the wrong way, nor particularly generate much enthusiasm. I did think the stolen diary mission was well done.

I was pretty salty that they killed...
    ...me. Which is to say Maya, my BL2 main. :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    asofyeun wrote: »
    Zane has the best custom head of any of the characters

The Oni skin you can unlock for VIP points is really good. My zane though has a hilarious giant mustache and american flag skin. Everybody jokingly calls me uncle sam.

edited October 2019

The problem is that Ava’s by virtue of being a protagonist, makes it worse as her arc affects fan favorite characters. As opposed to the antagonists who we all know we are going to fight at the end so even if you hate them there is a catharsis by means of murder.

I think we are meant to contrast her with the Calypsos.
    Maya made sure Ava was ready unlike the dysfunctional relation T&T had with their father. (And Maya also sets ups Ava as a VH for BL4.)

Typhoon should have taken them to Pandora at least instead of keeping them in Necro. Maybe that way he could have avoided the tragedy.

Man, these weird spikes and valleys I get on the enemy levels are weird. Maybe the game changes to easy mode or I'm overleveled by doing too many sidequests.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

T

I think we are meant to contrast her with the Calypsos.
    Maya made sure Ava was ready unlike the dysfunctional relation T&T had with their father. (And Maya also sets ups Ava as a VH for BL4.)

Typhoon should have taken them to Pandora at least instead of keeping them in Necro. Maybe that way he could have avoided the tragedy.

Man, these weird spikes and valleys I get on the enemy levels are weird. Maybe the game changes to easy mode or I'm overleveled by doing too many sidequests.

I turned off mayhem mode to get the crew challenges on Athenas and it dropped the whole area down to level 14. The scaling in this game is weird

Question: were there any explicit nods to Turok in Eden-6?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if some of these achievements are "account wide" or if they have to be done on a single character?

Example 1: The Earl "buy 20 cosmetic items"
    Example 2: Receive a brand loyalty mail from each manufacturer

Can I use a Dahl gun on one character, and a Torgue on another, and earn the loyalty mails on them, and have both count towards that achievement?

edited October 2019
    I wish Zane
    had said to Typhoon: "If it makes you feel any better, my brothers were killed by Vault Hunters too. But they had it coming from anyone."

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Next patch needs the ability to turn off panting sounds for sprinting, and screaming for status effects.

captaink wrote: »
    Next patch needs the ability to turn off panting sounds for sprinting, and screaming for status effects.

They are unnecessary if you still got shields up.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

Question: were there any explicit nods to Turok in Eden-6?

The dinosaurs with lasers ?

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Just beat Katagawa Ball, I don't know if it got nerfed but i didn't really have any issues with the fight. I did have some horrendous hitching in the room leading up to the fight. Might have been my Xbox though, it persisted into sanctuary and the game had been been backgrounded.

Still haven't seen a legendary drop though

They either fixed something or I got lucky. I had a sweet electric sniper rifle going into the fight and it just chunked the ball really hard so maybe it was that?

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    You guys...

Endgame story spoiler:
    oln5ha1gs2q31.png

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    Eh. Physically sure but that's about it imo

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I feel dumb, at level 25 and looking up builds for Moze, I was actually doing one pretty much on my own already, but then it showed me her blue tree which I hadn't touched....thats where the skills that let me have my mech for more then 10 seconds are....whelp.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Are 550 Legendaries better than 580 Purples, generally?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I don’t use my mech for more than ten seconds anyway. Only for activating “on exiting Iron Bear” anointed perks.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    So I know I have been very vocal on how much I dislike the writing but while leveling up zane I did find one line that made me laugh from a side mission on Athena . “ Hey guys stop burning people houses down and listen to this stupid emo chicks diary!” Which is weird because when you think about it you realize how mean it is but just something about how silly and well how borderlands it is makes me giggle.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Private Beans is one of the biggest douches in the Borderlands, and that's saying something.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited October 2019
    Just finished the story.

Too many green pistols. Sheesh.

But at least I got a legendary rocket launcher.

Fight wasn't hard. Just took a while. Good thing a Jakobs sniper rifle can make the fight shorter.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Just beat my first playthrough:
    Wainwright proposing to Hammerlock with a Jakobs revolver was pretty damn cute.

edited October 2019
    Just finished the story.

Too many green pistols. Sheesh.

But at least I got a legendary rocket launcher.

Fight wasn't hard. Just took a while. Good thing a Jakobs sniper rifle can make the fight shorter.
    The red chest you get at the end of the story had 4 legendary pistols for me all Jakobs
    Ugh

King Riptor on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    The game does seem to favor pistols over anything else, in chests at least.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    Fireflash wrote: »
    The game does seem to favor pistols over anything else, in chests at least.

I just had a run of only pistol legendaries for a long ass time and it felt like a traunt at that point

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Captain Traunt or General Traunt?