As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    The GamesDoneQuick speedrunner was cool. Had a nice sociable vibe (compared to some of the other GDQ runners, at least), and had some fun tricks to show off. At one point he ink-jets off a platform into an abyss...but as he dies it activates a distant checkpoint, and he respawns at the last leg of the level!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It’s been a while, still pop in online regularly in a vain attempt to make it past dropping in and out of X rank constantly.

The second to last splatfest is unicorns vs narwhals. End of splatfests is most likely the end of any further new content.

Also the E3 world championship tournament is later on today:

https://e3.nintendo.com/tournaments/splatoon-2-world-championship-2019/

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get any Splatoon annoucements. Too soon for Splatoon 3, but a spin-off seems possible. I've been saying for years that a rhythm game would be a perfect fit for the franchise.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Maz- wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get any Splatoon annoucements. Too soon for Splatoon 3, but a spin-off seems possible. I've been saying for years that a rhythm game would be a perfect fit for the franchise.

There's already a rhythm game inside your game, but I hear you.

Splatoon2 is the type of game that I wouldn't mind paying some sort of yearly fee just to ensure that there is a steady stream of updates and events, even if they are small.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    I need more Splatoon 2 league. I bounced off of OWL, but I would be so in for a Spla2n League.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    ESPLATS!

But yeah, I’d love to see what they would have up their sleeves for a Splat the Third. Would be interesting to see what sort of backend engine changes they’d do after all the lessons they’ve learned.

(And maybe with how they’ve been buddies with Microsoft, they could get a couple lessons on server tech.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

Hmm, given how the outcome of the final Splatoon 1 Splatfest affected the story of Splatoon 2..

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/3Dh4ay5gdEk

After this in the Octo Expansion I suppose I have to be Team Pearl.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    That last image in the follow up tweet about the special gear for the final fest seems to imply that it’s going to be all the previous shifty station stages in rotation.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    That last image in the follow up tweet about the special gear for the final fest seems to imply that it’s going to be all the previous shifty station stages in rotation.

That's exactly what was said in the announcement. There's a new shifty station plus all the previous ones.

All the SMT kids know that the true best alignment is Team Neutral.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »

https://youtu.be/JY6RyRkl9uo

I'm sorry, I literally couldn't help myself.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

I always prefer Chaos, actually. So I guess I'm gonna have to be on Pearl's side on this one.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    So, Team Judd? Eat Kill everyone?

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Man, I love Splatoon but I feel like I missed all the best stuff with the Splatfests, I only played a few. There just isn't enough time to play all the cool game I like.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    I really hope that post-Splatfest they'll so something like throwing Shifty Station into the Turf War rotation on weekends or something. Some of the stages are their most creative and interesting, albeit unpolished, and it would be a shame to just never get to play them again.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Man, I love Splatoon but I feel like I missed all the best stuff with the Splatfests, I only played a few. There just isn't enough time to play all the cool game I like.

I almost always work the weekend, which makes it hard to play the splatfests. I also dropped off from the game when they introduced nintendo online since I would just be paying 20 dollars to continue playing Splatoon (don't have any other games I really wanna play online). Been meaning to get back into it now that I've got a year from twitch prime.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/185753477632/were-receiving-reports-that-the-final-shifty

Some of the names for the Shifty Station maps are *amazing.*

persona4celestia.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2019
    TDawg wrote: »
    I really hope that post-Splatfest they'll so something like throwing Shifty Station into the Turf War rotation on weekends or something. Some of the stages are their most creative and interesting, albeit unpolished, and it would be a shame to just never get to play them again.
    They’re adding all Shifty Stations into the stage list for private lobbies, along with the ability to choose team colors from every Splatfest. So you can relive those mayo nightmares all over again.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    I imagine more than a few of you will be fascinated by this.

https://youtu.be/38h8eudzy7k

z0gqlkerotjz.jpg

The Final Fest is on now from 7/18 8:00am EST to 7/21 8:00am EST. They are playing Octo Expansion and Squid Sisters splatfest music during matches also!

edited July 2019
    Just remember, if you can't decide on what team to go for, do it for 8 and choose Order.

They went through hell to get to the surface, and we cannot let them down by letting it all be destroyed by the whim of a madsquid.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Couterpoint;

FOHR KAY-OHS!

IMPURITY SHALL BE OUR ARMOUR!
    HATE SHALL BE OUR WEAPON!
    IMMORTALITY SHALL BE OUR REWARD!
    DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

Ugh, my head. . . blacked out there for a minute.

Last day and they're done rotating the previous shifty stations and it's the new one now, based on the final boss battle in the DLC. And they are playing Fly Octo Fly music all day. Can't figure out what triggers Pearl appearing on the stage to do the killer wail attack.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Last day and they're done rotating the previous shifty stations and it's the new one now, based on the final boss battle in the DLC. And they are playing Fly Octo Fly music all day. Can't figure out what triggers Pearl appearing on the stage to do the killer wail attack.
    From my experience, she starts descending in the final minute, and then you need to stay in the central circle for a certain amount of time for her Killer Wail to trigger once she's on the ground. EDIT: According to the Splatoon wiki, it's player-triggered once someone's in that circle.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I've been mostly losing but miraculously won all three 10x battles I got.

Then I lost the 100x battle.

So my score is about -80.

I think I'm gonna stop now before the damage gets any worse.......................

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Pearl drops down from the choppah, the player in that circle can aim her killer wail when she lands. You can kill the player targeting and the process repeats.

I'm currently playing an unhealthy amount of Splatoon. 687,299 clout and counting.

EDIT: I reached my goal and am about to hit the sack.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Ugh, most of this splatfest was me getting curbstomped. Feel like the matchmaker shits the bed anytime there's a splatfest.

Particularly I've had more than one match where's it's pitted low level randoms vs a coordinate stack of high levels (with like, matching clan tags in their name) and it's like... why?

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I've decided to wrap up my gameplay for Team Order and I gotta say, this was probably the toughest one I can remember. Ended earning about 3600 Splatfest Points and 111,000 Clout (across both modes), but I'd estimate myself at about a 40% win rate overall. I went 2-4 in my 10x battles. My Pro rating ended up hovering in the high 1700s, where I usually end up hovering in the low 1900s. I lost most of my games against opposing teams with Japanese names, even if the team ratings were about the same. Given that I also ended up without any same-team matches, I get the feeling that this will be Team Chaos' victory...

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get news of a third sometime soon-ish-kinda. Undoubtedly they are working on one as the game is one of the best selling Switch titles (#6 IIRC).

From the end of Splatoon 1's Final Splatfest (July 22, 2016) to the release of Splatoon 2 it was almost exactly a year (July 21, 2017). They (officially) announced Splatoon 2 about six months after the Splatoon 1's Final Splatfest.

With how amazing the Octo-Expansion was I've high hopes for the third. It certainly feels like they found their groove.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Hope people keep playing. Splatoon is a game I like but I sort of drift away for extended periods, so I missed a lot of stuff and I hope there'll still be a decent playing population if I decide to get a few games in again.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    You can still find matches quickly in the first game, so I'm confident that a more popular sequel that isn't on the Wii U will be just fine.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    edited July 2019
    Axen wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get news of a third sometime soon-ish-kinda. Undoubtedly they are working on one as the game is one of the best selling Switch titles (#6 IIRC).

From the end of Splatoon 1's Final Splatfest (July 22, 2016) to the release of Splatoon 2 it was almost exactly a year (July 21, 2017). They (officially) announced Splatoon 2 about six months after the Splatoon 1's Final Splatfest.

With how amazing the Octo-Expansion was I've high hopes for the third. It certainly feels like they found their groove.

I expect a break. IIRC the Splatoon team is the same as the Animal Crossing team, so development of a Splatoon3 wouldn't reasonably start in earnest until AC is out (I would suspect).

Disappointed that the one weekend I am out of town is the weekend of the final SplatFest, but thems the breaks I suppose. It looks really fun!

TDawg on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh man, I was listening to music from the soundtrack, and found the funniest thing. This upload of Off the Hook's "Ebb & Flow" has the best YouTube video url tag I've ever seen: v=H3yfUcK4o4A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3yfUcK4o4A

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Rise from your grave. Splatfests are back, sorta

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    I *really* want to hear the banter for this one. Wonder if they’re going to comment on it being a re-run...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Uh… new splatoon game?

Edit: Splatoon 3 coming 2022
    More wasteland theming, looks like. New city, maybe?

Looks like you can jump right into the level from the spawn point now? Also, splat-bow weapon; hold for longer range maybe?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    New mechanics, too!

Instead of a static spawn point, it looks like everyone has an aerial spawn cannon and can aim where they’re going to land from spawning. That could be real interesting.

• nusunusu Registered User regular