As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Keyforge: The Age of Ascension is upon us!

• EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    So whats the speculation? an Aquatic faction? Merfolk?

EvilOtaku on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I’ve heard aquatic tribe, but I’ve also heard dinosaurs?

Possibly both?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    persona4celestia.jpg
    non Martian aliens? Maybe a Space Age Human faction like Flash Gordon

edited August 2019

No Mars or Sanctum in this set, they’ll be back later.

So new mechanics: ward is a token that gets put on a creature. The next time that creature would be damaged or removed from play, remove the token instead.

Enrage tokens, on the other hand, force that creature to fight on their controller’s turn, then they remove it.

And then Exalt is some effects that have you put a amber on your own creature from the bank as a cost.

Also it was announced they were doing a KeyForge RPG book for Genesys.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Thats rad as fuck! Loving the color scheme.

is this the first set designed post launch? Interesting to see more tokens than card effects

New article up, talking about the prize support for Prime Championships. A Chance of Cataclysms.

(Primes are what they changed the name of Regionals to.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Apt deck name is apt. 8-)

"The Recluse that Produces Fun"
    Brobnar
    Common 004 Coward’s End
    Common 005 Cowfyne
    Common 010 Gauntlet of Command
    Common 010 Gauntlet of Command
    Common 015 Pound
    Common 015 Pound
    Uncommon 019 Burn the Stockpile
    Uncommon 022 Flamewake Shaman
    Uncommon 023 Gargantes Scrapper
    Uncommon 032 The Warchest
    Rare 035 Bilgum Avalanche
    Rare 038 Forgemaster Og

Logos
    Common 109 Binate Rupture
    Common 110 Cutthroat Research
    Common 111 Eyegor
    Common 111 Eyegor
    Common 115 Library of Babble
    Common 115 Library of Babble
    Common 117 Poke
    Common 118 Professor Sutterkin
    Common 119 Standardized Testing
    Uncommon 131 Jargogle
    Uncommon 135 Research Smoko
    Rare 145 Harland Mindlock

Shadows
    Common 269 Furtive Investors
    Common 270 Gamgee
    Common 272 Lamindra
    Common 274 Miasma
    Uncommon 292 Oubliette
    Rare 308 Plague Rat
    Rare 308 Plague Rat
    Rare 308 Plague Rat
    Rare 308 Plague Rat
    Rare 308 Plague Rat
    Rare 308 Plague Rat
    Rare 308 Plague Rat

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Hooray! Death to Archimedes nonsense!

MhCw7nZ.gif
    New article up, talking about the new Leaderboard organized play kits. Leader of the Pack.

persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I've got an original starter and 7 decks for sale if anyone wants that. 6 from first set, 1 from second set. Pm me an offer if you're interested and we'll see if we can't work something out :)

As a heads-up, apparently some Targets have been putting out Worlds Collide two-player starter sets already. In case one’s nearby and you feel like looking.

persona4celestia.jpg
    The list of Prime Championship (aka Regionals) stores and dates has gone up.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Got my ticket for the UK November one.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    New preview article up, talking about Saurians.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Went the first ever Keyforge Prime Championship today in Southampton UK. Came 67th of 69! 1 win, 5 losses. It was single deck sealed and my deck was ruuuuubish.

Still had a great time. Love this game and wish there was a local scene but it seems to have dried up entirely around me.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Love this game and wish there was a local scene but it seems to have dried up entirely around me.

The new set renewed interest in my area. I grabbed 2 decks but have yet to test them... Got one of each new house though!
    I dig the game and wish I could play more often. Its an easy sell to most magic players and makes for a great gift idea for nerds.

I hadn't noticed anyone mention the "deck ranking" sites that have sprung up. I mean, it goes against everything Richard Garfield wanted, but its also a nice way to get a general idea of how a deck might perform.
    After playing a dozen games with one of my under performing decks, I had a game where my opponent totally stomped me, he had maybe 23 Aember and could have just passed every turn without me having a chance to delay his win. Long after the fact I checked decksofkeyforge and sure enough, they agreed I was playing a dud, haha.

https://decksofkeyforge.com/decks/a36d2aeb-7f4e-4104-a3d9-c1a597ffe750

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Tried out my Saurian deck... Well, that was officially the first time I've felt bad routing a shadows deck. I had multiple ways to shut down stealing finally, and it was amazing.

Deck is here - https://decksofkeyforge.com/decks/b1818125-4f9c-43ab-963e-634cd3af6abb

Question about the new Exalt mechanic... Can you do it multiple times? I just assumed you couldn't, but some of the cards suggest you can.

Witchsight.png
    yep. but its really pushing your luck to over Exalt

Today I learned...

26hijs9xwmfc.png

jwczj8x3w4im.png

Given it's an upgrade you put on a creature I'm not sure if it gives that creature ideal buttocks or just makes them an appreciator of such?

Got my first World's Collide sealed event lined up in a few weeks. I've not really been concentrating on the new stuff at all so far.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    That art is amazing.

• DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    Today I learned...

26hijs9xwmfc.png

jwczj8x3w4im.png

Given it's an upgrade you put on a creature I'm not sure if it gives that creature ideal buttocks or just makes them an appreciator of such?

Got my first World's Collide sealed event lined up in a few weeks. I've not really been concentrating on the new stuff at all so far.

I really need to get some worlds collide decks.

steam_sig.png
    Oh hey, there's the official announcement and preview of the RPG book.

persona4celestia.jpg
    The more I think about it, the more I like the Gigantic creatures. They're a interesting design space. I mean, are you going to sit there and hold that one-half of the card in your hand until you see the other half? That's sort of like having a perma-chain until you see it. Also I assume that Mars is coming back this set, so we could see a giant mecha one.

And unlike those cowards at Wizards, they're totally fine with BFM being standard-legal.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Brobnar is out and Sanctum is back in. Mars is still out.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Magic did a standard-legal card in like 2016. It wasn’t quite like BFM, but when two specific creatures entered play, they merged into one super creature and the back of the cards had each half of the super card (the set had placeholder cards to put in your deck since they lacked the standard card back).

YL9WnCY.png
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    If anyone is looking for more WC, target has a sale on the 2 player starter for $12 a pop. If you buy online, it’s also buy 2 get 1.

So I got 6 decks for 25 bucks (and way too many tokens)

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I picked up a couple of decks to play this with my son (who wanted me to play Yugio (sp?) instead.

Seems pretty fun, you don't have to collect random packs of cards, and not too expensive. First few games were a little one sided, but I am a old bastard Magic player from Revised, so I figure that will even out over time once he has an idea of stuff working together.

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Local card shop has an interesting tournament coming up: Worst deck competition. Bring the crappiest deck you've found and your opponent has to try to make it work.

thats the Reversal Format. Its fun for a laugh, but playing with a bad deck just gets frustrating after a while. I'm a fan of the Adaptive format where you swap decks between matches and then bid chains to play the better deck in the 3rd round. Down side is that it takes 3 times as long to get through a tournament.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    729q1sarj008.jpeg

Cheenia needs 3 jobs just to get by in this economy

edited April 2020
    It was mentioned in the latest Crucible Cast, but Mass Mutation got pushed back due to... well... *gestures at world* Would be a bit poor taste to launch a new physical card set right now, especially with OP and stores being closed.

There's a update on the website/Upcoming page that went up today, the new estimation is June for the RPG book and July for Mass Mutation.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Neat, they are releasing a few free print & play decks: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/4/16/play-keyforge-for-free/

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Call me when I can also print out a friend to play with :(

Edit: Real talk thanks for the link.

Bedlam on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I think my wife hates this game. She feels like I’m twisting rules to my advantage when really it’s just her misunderstanding how things work.

Like there’s a Brobnar card Into the Fray that says “this turn the creature gains “fight: ready this creature” and I have to explain that she can’t play a Brobnar creature from her hand and use this to ready it because it can’t fight because it isn’t ready to fight

And she thinks it should be allowed to fight because the card says to ready it and I’m just trying to keep her from attacking me and arrrggghhh

Update on the Mass Mutation release date, it looks like they're going to be targeting late July for it.

Although they're going to go ahead and release the localized versions of it for the China and Taiwan markets on May 29'th, due to stores being open and able to run events.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • timhodgetimhodge AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I fell out of this a while after the original launch, but what a time to be a Keyforge fan. The Genesys book is great, and Mass Mutation brings some really interesting stuff into the game. The Enhanced cards with their bonus icons are brilliant, and another fun manifestation of the glory of the unique deck concept. And now you can plug your deck into a SAS checker and have a computer tell you how good it is!

What new cards are people getting excited about? What's the new Horsemen or whatevever?

0877-0596-8498 | Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette