As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah CG Lightning is near the top for my STMR moogle for that reason as well. However since I'm about to quit, seems silly to use it on anything, since if I come back, STMR's should be even better or I'll have more choices.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular

Reminder: Maintenance tonight! Do the Door Pot Challenge!!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Excited to see the datamine. Will Firion be useable? Will Shadowlord breach the top 5 physical damage dealers? Does anyone care about Nalu being enhanced?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Excited to see the datamine. Will Firion be useable? Will Shadowlord breach the top 5 physical damage dealers? Does anyone care about Nalu being enhanced?

Next time on Dragon Ball Z!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

They all have a shitload of enhancements coming. The list was long.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Yeah, each of the featured units had at least 10 skills listed, and they never show all of them in the news. Here's hoping we get another story event (or other easy way to grab crysts) in short order.

• Options
    MK ticket was Ace #8...

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    It's cool that units are getting more enhancements, it might help with the game's longevity. But we need more reliable ways of getting giancrysts and purecrysts in order to do the enhancements.

Seaside Nichol looks like his whole kit is getting enhanced almost. That's going to be a lot of crysts.

• Options
    SS Nichol needs full dual cast or it doesn’t really matter what they buff.

• Options
    I mean, ST 50% Magic/Physical mitigation is pretty bonkers for your cover or provoke tank, but yeah, he NEEDS to have a general dual-cast. If he gets that then there's a great case to be made for using him for crazy good defensive buffs.

• Options
    Early datamine so far has shown that CG Firion, while better than his JP counterpart, is still a pretty bad unit. Maybe as maintenance goes his abilities will shift, but right now it's not looking good.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Instead of giving SSNichol DC for his abilities, they fucked with his chaining families. That seems fine.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Yay my first > 200 lapis pull. 460. And then my other one was 120. Ah well. Free lapis is free lapis.

We still should have had the raffle instead of 7% 10+1.

• Options
    Pushed forward to get the 5* special summon ticket... A fucking Yego.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Livid Shantotto's enhancements look pretty good, but I have no idea how she fits into the meta. Smarter people than me will figure that out

But she picked up CW frames on Flare II and Flood II, as well as on her unlockable spells, the -aga V ones. She has a new CD which unlocks quadcast. Her LB gets boosted to unlock quadcast and the -aga V spells. And a passive 150% MAG TDH. Her real weakness, as far as I can tell, is if she's chaining the unlockable magic, she doesn't imperil, so she needs a chaining partner or support to imperil. If it's a single target and you're doing fire or water, though, you can open with Flare II or Flood II for their imperils.

She makes a good fire chaining partner for Tsukiko, as far as I can tell. And she covers six elements with CW frames, so that's something.

Zomro on
  • Options
    If you like Emperor, his latent abilities are available now! A new CD that unlocks Q-cast for Fire From Below, and a passive that gives 80% MAG, 20% HP, and boosts the mod of Fire From Below by 7.5x.

• Options
    Door pot challenge this week is light physical. Oh hello, Elena!

But the burning question on everyone's mind is... is enhanced Shadowlord meta now?! I actually have his STMR, but it's not BiS for him because it's 1h. I do have Daybreak, so that's an option if I decide to use him for a dark weak boss.

• Options
    My raffle tickets were a rollercoaster. First one gave 140 Lapis. The second gave 1080 Lapis.

• Options
    Shadowlord seems great. Especially if they have Firon's TMR moogle in the shop, it may be the first blank container I use. His damage isn't at the top of the meta but with his hard HP locks, he'll be great for trials.

• Options
    Why not heal through his self-damage with heal ticks from CG Nichol, Myra, Aerith, Lenna, etc? I know it requires a little bit more timing to top him off, but we have a lot of heal over time abilities now. It seems like a pretty big damage loss using a 135 atk sword. Granted, better weapons would be STMRs.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    So, I was wrong about Shantotto. Her upgraded LB has a 4 turn 100% imperil for the elements on her unlockable spells when maxed out. It's only ST, so AoE imperils are needed if fighting multiple enemies, but against a single target, she can imperil just fine. Use LB, then four turns of quadcast element of choice. The real hard part is MP, each of those unlocked spells are 70 MP each, 280 MP a turn is a lot.

Edit: Looks like Gumi realized that enhancing so many skills required an adjustment. We aren't getting more crysts, but the costs are going down. Shantotto's enhancements are quite cheap. No individual ability uses more than 2 giancrysts and 1 purecryst to max out. Shadow Lord's look equally affordable. That's a good sign, I think.

Zomro on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The Nalu enhancements look potentially good. She gets permanent triple cast for her offensive abilities, and her chaining move now chains with Bolting Strike instead of Quick Hit.

• Options
    Yeah, Nalu's decent. Her BS move has a max modifier of 13.2x, which is pretty usable, and she has a bunch of TDH when using her TMR. She'll be decently easy to use and gear, which is nice.

Initial Shadowlord damage calcs put him at right around Aloha Lasswell, which is pretty good. Can he self cap his AMoE chain with his 24x finisher move? I haven't seen anyone test that yet and I only have one Shadowlord

• Options
    Are the DQ units worth me killing myself over the grind to 30K.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    urahonky wrote: »
    Are the DQ units worth me killing myself over the grind to 30K.

A single one of any of the units won't be worth much. Eleven's TMR helm is good for LB based damage dealers, Veronica has a materia with 40% MAG and 50% TDH MAG, and Serena's is a pretty bog-standard robe. If none of those entice you then you can just skip getting the silver keys.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Tiphares wrote: »
    It seems like a pretty big damage loss using a 135 atk sword. Granted, better weapons would be STMRs.

Firion's Sword has higher average damage variance than even Daybreak, so it won't actually do much less damage than it honestly.

Two handed sword variance is all over the place.

Edit: Apparently Firion's TMR is always better than Daybreak on ATK based units that want a 2H sword. That 1.5x average variance is crazy good.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I'm not chasing CG Firion so looks like Daybreak is the best I could do. I don't have a lot of AMoE chainers, so I'll probably leave Shadowlord alone for now, unless people want to use him as a friend unit. I would enhance him for that reason or for the meme kills.

• Options
    Yeah and while we have a lot of heal over time stuff, Firon's TMR allows Shadowlord to almost self sustain since you can't dispel it. He's going to be a nightmare in the arena for anyone that still does that.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I have two untouched shadowlords sitting in my box... might be worth trying him out, but it’s a lot of resources to commit :/

• Options
    edited October 2019
    maraji wrote: »
    I have two untouched shadowlords sitting in my box... might be worth trying him out, but it’s a lot of resources to commit :/

His ability awakenings are pretty cheap, which is nice. The 3mil Gil to bump him to 7* is the biggest cost. If you're like me, you have more stat pots than you know what to do with.

In a bonehead move, I just remembered that I have Roy's STMR and it's enhanced really well. I put it on my Kryla and her SPR skyrocketed by about 300 or so over what she had with Bowie Knife/Staff and her HP stayed about the same. Also, finally grabbed Lovely Katy's STMR and put it on her as well to take advantage of the SPR TDH and extra little bit of HP.

Cruor on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I enhanced all of Nalu's abilities to try her out, since I have her STMR. It was surprisingly cheap on gil and crysts to upgrade everything, which was nice. I can get her up to about 2850 atk, and she pairs really well with all of the Esthers out there (I still don't have one). It's nice to see them make old characters useful.

Cururu on
  • Options
    Guys, I really am hoping I pull a second Shadowlord soon so I can use him. I like his sprite a lot and I'm getting bored of Aloha Lasswell already.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I just got a second from the MK 5* ticket on Monday. At first I was disappointed, but if Tsukiko is anything to go by, multi-guts characters are a lot of fun.

• Options
    Guys, I really am hoping I pull a second Shadowlord soon so I can use him. I like his sprite a lot and I'm getting bored of Aloha Lasswell already.
    I will go ahead and fully pot and enhance mine tonight for people to try out. I'm hoping he's a bonus unit for the arena this week too. That would be nice.

• Options

I thought I had 2 but turns out I only have 1 ha. oh well.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    I just got a second from the MK 5* ticket on Monday. At first I was disappointed, but if Tsukiko is anything to go by, multi-guts characters are a lot of fun.

Apparently if you put Lucid Lenses on him (or any other guts granting item/materia) it adds another level of guts. If you put a reraise on him with Lucid Lenses I think he can survive 9 killing blows. 3 for his HP locks, 1 for Lucid Lenses, the fifth kills and reraises him, and then he survives 4 more. Unless the boss can kill him 10 times in one round, he should be fine.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »

His ability awakenings are pretty cheap, which is nice. The 3mil Gil to bump him to 7* is the biggest cost. If you're like me, you have more stat pots than you know what to do with.

In a bonehead move, I just remembered that I have Roy's STMR and it's enhanced really well. I put it on my Kryla and her SPR skyrocketed by about 300 or so over what she had with Bowie Knife/Staff and her HP stayed about the same. Also, finally grabbed Lovely Katy's STMR and put it on her as well to take advantage of the SPR TDH and extra little bit of HP.

Yeah I put Roy's STMR on my Beryl, since I don't have Beryl's STMR and probably never will, and she's my best magic tank. It's funny how much of the free musician unit stuff she's wearing - Instrumental Flair, Katy's STMR, and I think I put the earrings on her too.

Anyway, I'm saving my Ex tickets until either Halloween units are in the pool, or Terra hits, whichever happens first. Tiny chances, I know, but hey, might as well. Gonna be some pullapalooza, given I have some 220 EX tickets right now, including 7 5* ones. I'm not looking forward to the box cleaning after that.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I have a 7* Shadow Lord, Nalu, and Livid Shantotto. Until this week, I thought they were all duds. I was pretty annoyed when I pulled them.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I have a 7* Shadow Lord, Nalu, and Livid Shantotto. Until this week, I thought they were all duds. I was pretty annoyed when I pulled them.

With how good unit upgrades and enhancements have generally been, I'm generally very pleased when I pull a unit that hasn't had their enhancements yet. Sure, there's the occasional dud like SSNichol, but then you get surprise treats like Shadowlord.

Cruor on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Special 5☆ ticket from the event got me the new Sabin.
    I guess that's alright. Can't say no to a guy who can suplex ghost trains.